News:

The moderation team is holding a poll on the topic of the site's connection to Scratch. More details can be found here. Your feedback is appreciated.

Main Menu

9001 ways to make computer programmers facepalm!

Started by 360-International, Oct 08, 2012, 04:56:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DrKat123_TBG

../10

commands:
    comment: look ma, weird programming syntax in NATURAL LANGUAGE WOOT WOOT
    say hi
    assign hello to the variable x
    say variable:x
    terminate and return object:null
    comment: yay no semicolons
:end
commands:
    repeat for 10 times:commands:
        say ok
    :end loop
    repeat for x in range 1 to 10:commands:
        say ok
    :end loop
 terminate and return object:null
commands:
    new function say_goodbye with arguments:[bye]:define:
        if arg:bye = 1:then:
            say goodbye
        :end if
        else if arg:bye = 2:then:
            say g'bye
        :end if
    :end define
    say_goodbye with arguments [1]

(Guaranteed to make me facepalm ALL DAY)
this was my previous account

PrincessPandaTBG

A regular TBGer from 2015-7, bless Sonic the Hedgehog
DARN YOU LACK OF SUPPORT FOR WEBP

Tymewalk

10/10

"Hey! So I wrote some Cobra or whatever snake code you guys use!"

from Europe import shoes, chocolate, etc.

print my report on the Civil War

2 + 2 = 4

stuff = 50% of other stuff

C++
Whosoever holds this banhammer, if he be worthy, shall possess the power of moderaThor...
he/him | Text Based Games Forums Discord Server | Just Dance 2014 | (つo.o)つ It's Kirby!
back on the road, back down the road, downtown, i don't have courage but i have something else - and it's more than words

PrincessPandaTBG

200/10

*sees command line thing Python uses*

DID PYTHON JUST INSTALL A VIRUS?!?

joefarebrother

Play me on chess.com! Scratch group!   √-1 2³ ∑ 3.14, and it was delicious!

Either your internet was too slow, or you're using the wrong theme, so you lost the game.

PrincessPandaTBG

6/10

Opera? Am I gonna watch an opera? Is it Carmen?

PrincessPandaTBG

[Bump, just to let you know that Opera is a web browser.]

Flowermanvista

EDIT: I seem to have posted in the wrong topic. Please disregard this post and carry on like normal.
good morning, SMF!

Fun Fact: Exposure to excessive blue light at night can harm sleep, because blue light tells your brain that it's daytime. To avoid this, I HIGHLY recommend a little program called f.lux. It makes your display warmer at night when the sun sets, reducing blue light exposure at night. Click here to get f.lux. Apparently a small study from Brigham Young University is casting doubt on this old belief, I'll have to keep an eye on this and see if it's reproduced by a larger study/studies. I'll still probably use f.lux even if it is just a placebo because looking at a bright blue screen in a room lit with a warm-white light is kinda obnoxious.

PrincessPandaTBG

Broken image/10

*referring to FireFox* Hey, that's animal abuse!

CatsUnited

thats what peta said

8/10

Why would you use Linux? When it breaks, you dunno what to do! Use Windows because 90% of peope use it too and its not cmpilcqted with treminal and stuff.
(spelling mistakes intentional)

PrincessPandaTBG

???/10

Novice: I didn't know you could code television programs!
Nerd: I mean computer programs. *facepalm*

findanegg

wut/10

Oooh, you know HQ9+? That sounds complicated!
She/they, likes collecting Stamps and playing runescape. Veteran of the Sandwich War.

PrincessPandaTBG

Lol/10

Where are the images?!?! Why is there just text?!?!

findanegg

LOLOL/10

Oh, is </sarcasm> an actual code in HTML?
She/they, likes collecting Stamps and playing runescape. Veteran of the Sandwich War.

edward789121

mod share | intforums << please visit them, my mom doesn't want me to be too social on scratch.
my scratch account
my github account
EdCoin
my mom doesn't want me to be too social on scratch, so please join //forums.thegt.org, and tell GeonoTRON2000 I referred you, and we will both gain 50 fish there.

findanegg

lol/10

OMG, how did you get Contra to run on your computer? Wasn't that supposed to be for the NES or something?

Flowermanvista

7/10

"Cookies? What kind are they? Can I have some?"
good morning, SMF!

Fun Fact: Exposure to excessive blue light at night can harm sleep, because blue light tells your brain that it's daytime. To avoid this, I HIGHLY recommend a little program called f.lux. It makes your display warmer at night when the sun sets, reducing blue light exposure at night. Click here to get f.lux. Apparently a small study from Brigham Young University is casting doubt on this old belief, I'll have to keep an eye on this and see if it's reproduced by a larger study/studies. I'll still probably use f.lux even if it is just a placebo because looking at a bright blue screen in a room lit with a warm-white light is kinda obnoxious.

edward789121

mod share | intforums << please visit them, my mom doesn't want me to be too social on scratch.
my scratch account
my github account
EdCoin
my mom doesn't want me to be too social on scratch, so please join //forums.thegt.org, and tell GeonoTRON2000 I referred you, and we will both gain 50 fish there.

PrincessPandaTBG

100000000/10

How come Windows didn't come up? All it said was "Windows did not shut down successfully..."

edward789121

6/9

there is a python in your computer? NEVER FEAR! i'll put killcode.py in it!
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
my scratch account
my github account
EdCoin

Trepak

6/10

HTML? Yeah, that's pretty much just Flash, right?
Like the Red Clothed Pheonix, once I die, it is not that I have left. I have stopped existing, yet another me was already there.

I'm an alt account. I'm an alt account. I'm an alt account. I'm an alt account. I'm an alt account.

NuclearArmadillo

8/10

I keep typing in string but im getting a sytax error! Wth java?:o
[removed by moderator - inappropriate]

P-Code

9/10

Java is easy. You just make coffee and pour it into the computer.

Tymewalk

SDOEUWJKQFHOLIVCQNEFLWCBY@IS@/10

So you can just type into that weird screen and make stuff happen? Cool! Can you make a chatbot that works on Facebook? It should be easy!
Whosoever holds this banhammer, if he be worthy, shall possess the power of moderaThor...
he/him | Text Based Games Forums Discord Server | Just Dance 2014 | (つo.o)つ It's Kirby!
back on the road, back down the road, downtown, i don't have courage but i have something else - and it's more than words

PrincessPandaTBG

10/10

Yay, you got a jewel in your computer! *grabs out hammer*

(Referring to Ruby, the programming language)