News:

The moderation team is holding a poll on the topic of the site's connection to Scratch. More details can be found here. Your feedback is appreciated.

Main Menu

The sky is the limit.

Started by sanjayraj, Dec 02, 2012, 04:05:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PkmnQ

ΙΧΘΥΣ-related idea:
The idea can approximately be summed up as this:
[ - Ι[char]χ
] - ΧιΘ
The accumulator can only be at 0 or 1, so I'll rename it the "run-state" and call 0 the "destructive" state and 1 the "constructive" state.
Command definitions look like the following:
[ command-being-defined command-1 command-2 [ sub-definition command-3 ] command-4 ]
This would be approximately equal to:
ΙΣχ12Ιςχ3ΧιΘ4ΧιΘ
Next post will be a standalone description of it.
Quickly, I must save the Q's!
Project EAPIDTOTT2TTNO's current target: 4n topic
A cool kid quietly measures the distance in the banquet (5). :/ B)
On a journey to a new domain full of enrichment, With auras and curses for your entertainment, The concept of collectibles spent to unblock your path, Is stretched far to create an interesting aftermath. The ideas start simple at their most plain, Followed by golden power breaking constraints, Along with barriers to check you've cleared things out, Although double vision puts their power in doubt. Why raise up when you can instead replace, And why take just some when you can completely erase? Replacing with nothing may sound like obliteration, But there's a good reason for its differentiation. Special colors that melt, fortify, and wash, And blockages not even gold can squash, A loft rumored to be haunted by a certain curse, And a metal whose purity demonstrates its worth. You've just reached amounts less than none, One thing is clear: It has only just begun.
Tip: Use c͢ombining cha͊racters, because ye᷂s.
Quine list

Threads that I think should be played more: link chain Pre-posted Destruction
Scripts: The sky is the limit

PkmnQ

Explosivefish (placeholder name) is an ΙΧΘΥΣ-inspired esolang to explore how powerful a certain technique would be by itself. The accumulator is replaced with a single run-state which can be either "destructive" or "constructive".

Syntax

Whitespace is used to separate tokens. There are two special tokens: [ and ], which make a token definition. All other tokens are defined using these. All non-special tokens are either null (which is how they are at the start of the program) or defined.
A command definition works as follows:
[ token-def token1 token2 [ sub-def token3 ] token4 ]
If token-def is null, token-def becomes defined, and its definition is set to the token definition's content (i.e. token1 token2 [ sub-def token3 ] token4).
If token-def is defined, it stays defined, and the content of the token definition is appended to the token definition's content.
A blank defined token is distinct from a null token.

Execution

When a null token is ran, nothing happens, i.e. null tokens act as NOPs.
When a defined token is ran, if the current run-state is destructive, the token is nullified and its definition is erased. Either way, the definition (even if it was erased) is ran with the run-state set to destructive, and the run-state is set to constructive after the command finishes.

(will be reworded if this ever makes it to the esolang wiki (it's only making it there if I can make something interesting like an infinite loop))

[nev]also I forgot that Reading EWOW confessionals was a thing when I made my confessional lol[/nev]
On a journey to a new domain full of enrichment, With auras and curses for your entertainment, The concept of collectibles spent to unblock your path, Is stretched far to create an interesting aftermath. The ideas start simple at their most plain, Followed by golden power breaking constraints, Along with barriers to check you've cleared things out, Although double vision puts their power in doubt. Why raise up when you can instead replace, And why take just some when you can completely erase? Replacing with nothing may sound like obliteration, But there's a good reason for its differentiation. Special colors that melt, fortify, and wash, And blockages not even gold can squash, A loft rumored to be haunted by a certain curse, And a metal whose purity demonstrates its worth. You've just reached amounts less than none, One thing is clear: It has only just begun.
Quine list

PkmnQ

Quine list

PkmnQ

Quote from: PkmnQ on Sep 23, 2024, 11:19:58 AM@Gilbert189 what will you do if you get put on this page https://esolangs.org/wiki/User:Tommyaweosme/warsides
he changed it back to 90 lol should I even try to edit it again
Quine list

PkmnQ

Explosivefish development!
If you define zap like this:
[ zap ]
You can set the run-state to constructive at any time using the following:
zap [ zap ]
Quine list

PkmnQ

If char outputs * and nl outputs a newline, this is a looping counter:
[ zap ]
[ line zap [ zap ] char ]
[ loop zap [ zap ] line nl [ line char ] loop ]
loop
Quine list

PkmnQ

Quine list

DifferentDance8

6BOUE is probably the easiest esolang to make an interpreter for  B)
i had a complete motivation to come back to this site for whatever reason
-
hello. i am differentdance8. my scratch profile tells more information so uhh

PkmnQ

Quote from: DifferentDance8 on Sep 23, 2024, 03:25:45 PM6BOUE is probably the easiest esolang to make an interpreter for  B)
Fun fact: It's impossible to make a 6BOUE interpreter in ixqus (too lazy to copy and paste the correct name)
Quine list

PkmnQ

Quote from: Gilbert189 on Sep 23, 2024, 04:04:46 PM
Quote from: PkmnQ on Sep 23, 2024, 02:19:26 PM
Quote from: Gilbert189 on Sep 23, 2024, 01:26:49 PM
Quote from: PkmnQ on Sep 23, 2024, 11:19:58 AM@Gilbert189 what will you do if you get put on this page https://esolangs.org/wiki/User:Tommyaweosme/warsides
what
Something relating to the sandbox, who knows at this point
I haven't even contributed there
Me neither, but apparently (reluctantly) I'm on his side just because I have beef (what beef???) with ais523 (grr he is enemy because he enforces very sensible policies)
Quine list

PkmnQ

For some reason the specific network I'm using at home now suddenly no longer lets me access the TBGs and only the TBGs, so here I am on a proxy
Quine list

DifferentDance8

Quote from: PkmnQ on Sep 23, 2024, 03:30:44 PM
Quote from: DifferentDance8 on Sep 23, 2024, 03:25:45 PM6BOUE is probably the easiest esolang to make an interpreter for  B)
Fun fact: It's impossible to make a 6BOUE interpreter in ixqus (too lazy to copy and paste the correct name)
Isn't ixqus just a deadfish equivalent?
i had a complete motivation to come back to this site for whatever reason
-
hello. i am differentdance8. my scratch profile tells more information so uhh

PkmnQ

Quote from: DifferentDance8 on Sep 23, 2024, 08:07:27 PM
Isn't ixqus just a deadfish equivalent?
It changes just enough to be Turing Complete and has some semblance of a way to make interpreters in it (redefining characters so the resulting ixqus extension is a superset of whatever you're trying to implement)
The trick is whenever the accumulator resets to 0 due to either being -1 or 256, the currently running instruction's definition is removed (this is hidden in the article so it's not that obvious, but it is the thing that makes it TC)
Quine list

Byron_Inc_TBG

bomb

PkmnQ

Actually it is possible if the only character allowed in programs is "f":
ΙfΥΘιιιθιθιι
:P
Quine list

PkmnQ

Another thing about 6BOUE:
Take this program.
|alse
In 6BOUE, it outputs "false".
In Brachylog, it outputs "true.".
So that's cool.
Quine list

Byron_Inc_TBG

bomb

Prince

PkmnQ

I haven't put back my own internetometer yet, it's still cheesewhisk3rs's oops
Quine list

PkmnQ

Quote from: PkmnQ on Sep 27, 2024, 12:43:36 AMI haven't put back my own internetometer yet, it's still cheesewhisk3rs's oops
If anyone still needs it for some reason here's theirs
Quine list

Prince

Prince

Prince

What "work" does literacy do in the group?