News:

The moderation team is holding a poll on the topic of the site's connection to Scratch. More details can be found here. Your feedback is appreciated.

Main Menu

TournamentBG

Started by 64lu, Jan 13, 2024, 06:33:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

64lu

hello and welcome to tournamentbg, the only tournament i know of on the TBGs (i am not very knowledgeable on tournament happenings on the TBGs). the winner gets a golden star sticker!

voting will happen on a google form i'll send on this topic. all matches of a round will happen concurrently so it won't run on for too long
voting will happen when i remember, but i'll try to do it frequently enough.

let's have a look at our current bracket!
lalala

Zan

Name of character: Grass
Origin of character: Earth
Picture of character:

It's a living organism so it's a character now
By the way, once the tournament ends, will a new one start?
THE KUMQUATS WERE HERE

PkmnQ

I'm gonna spark up a debate with this one

Name of character: Tobacco mosaic virus
Origin of character: A tobacco plant
Image of character:
Quickly, I must save the Q's!
Project EAPIDTOTT2TTNO's current target: 4n topic
A cool kid quietly measures the distance in the banquet (5). :/ B)
On a journey to a new domain full of enrichment, With auras and curses for your entertainment, The concept of collectibles spent to unblock your path, Is stretched far to create an interesting aftermath. The ideas start simple at their most plain, Followed by golden power breaking constraints, Along with barriers to check you've cleared things out, Although double vision puts their power in doubt. Why raise up when you can instead replace, And why take just some when you can completely erase? Replacing with nothing may sound like obliteration, But there's a good reason for its differentiation. Special colors that melt, fortify, and wash, And blockages not even gold can squash, A loft rumored to be haunted by a certain curse, And a metal whose purity demonstrates its worth. You've just reached amounts less than none, One thing is clear: It has only just begun.
Tip: Use c͢ombining cha͊racters, because ye᷂s.
Quine list

Threads that I think should be played more: link chain Pre-posted Destruction
Scripts: The sky is the limit

solitaire

name of character:
origin: Pokemon Red and Blue (EN)
picture of character:

Byron_Inc_TBG

Name of character: 
Origin: 
Picture of character: 

(I repeat, the name of my character is " ". There's two spaces behind each colon.)
bomb

PkmnQ

Name of character: Langton's Loop
Origin: Langton's Loops
Picture of character:
On a journey to a new domain full of enrichment, With auras and curses for your entertainment, The concept of collectibles spent to unblock your path, Is stretched far to create an interesting aftermath. The ideas start simple at their most plain, Followed by golden power breaking constraints, Along with barriers to check you've cleared things out, Although double vision puts their power in doubt. Why raise up when you can instead replace, And why take just some when you can completely erase? Replacing with nothing may sound like obliteration, But there's a good reason for its differentiation. Special colors that melt, fortify, and wash, And blockages not even gold can squash, A loft rumored to be haunted by a certain curse, And a metal whose purity demonstrates its worth. You've just reached amounts less than none, One thing is clear: It has only just begun.
Quine list

Byron_Inc_TBG

Name of character:  
Origin of character:  
Picture of character:  

(This one is an em-space. " ")
bomb

solitaire

name of character: Loafer
origin: Conway's Game of Life (1970)
picture of character:

realicraft

Name of character: Laurie
Origin: FS3
Picture of character:

redgreenandblue

Name of character: :|
Origin: Save the :| Conservancy
Picture of character: :|

PkmnQ

Quote from: solitaire on Jan 14, 2024, 07:31:04 AMname of character: Tumbler
origin: Conway's Game of Life (1970)
picture of character:
why not the loafer :(
Quine list

64lu

btw i'm still working on this, right now i'm working on drawing my own images for all your characters

Quote from: Zan on Jan 13, 2024, 06:43:40 PMBy the way, once the tournament ends, will a new one start?
maybe? i wanna see how long one tourney will take to finish before doing another

also on that note, i've been thinking it would be a good idea to run voting for multiple matches at once so it doesn't take TOO long to finish.
i'd probably use google forms for this instead of the poll option here since it's pretty limited
lalala

PkmnQ

Only saw the two character limit now, I would've chosen the Everyone Knows That boombox

I'm fine with just Tobacco mosaic virus and Langton's Loop, though
Quine list

realicraft

there are currently 9/16 characters

name of character: Hardite Bar
origin: FS3
picture of character:

correction: there are currently 10/16 characters

64lu

ok here's all of your characters so far
lalala

realicraft

Quote from: 64lu on Jan 26, 2024, 07:03:36 PMok here's all of your characters so far
you forgot the hardite bar (if you can't see the image, it's item 77 on the creative inventory page)

Gilbert189

Name: Hale Childeric
Origin: Some bookshelf, probably
Picture:
Name: Sadboi
Origin: JSaB's Paradise
Picture:
(Ignore the square she's holding; that's just the player)

You asked for it, so here you go.

PkmnQ

hello purple dust can you kindly get to 500000 thank you

wait this isn't 65536

can someone add this fellow as a character

Quine list

64lu

please submit characters people who haven't i will be very happy  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D
i swear you won't have to do anything more
lalala

64lu

ok since nobody else seems to be submitting I GUESS i'll let people who've already submitted 2 characters submit another
lalala

PkmnQ

Here's one that isn't a cellular automaton:

Name: Nextplay Glitz and Glitter Boombox - NP400GB
Origin: "Everyone Knows That" thumbnail
Picture:
Quine list

realicraft

Name of character: fsEso
Origin: FS3 (again)
Picture of character:

Zan

Name of character: Monopoly Man
Origin: Monopoly
Picture of character:

Either 1 more left or 0 more left depending on whether pID 18 is a character submission or not
THE KUMQUATS WERE HERE

PkmnQ

Quote from: Zan on Feb 02, 2024, 01:41:17 AMEither 1 more left or 0 more left depending on whether pID 18 is a character submission or not
Doesn't follow the format, it isn't
Quine list

Joyous Theta

Name of character: Evil Monopoly Man
Origin: Evil Monopoly
Picture of character: