News:

The moderation team is holding a poll on the topic of the site's connection to Scratch. More details can be found here. Your feedback is appreciated.

Main Menu

Browser Wars!

Started by sanjayraj, Dec 07, 2012, 12:01:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SuperKamekArea

ie1
    (proof:

)
    (Please please please PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE don't post unless the back button is bigger than the forward button and the refresh option is hidden behind a context menu or menu bar and the scroll buttons are bigger than usual and there's a separate search bar and a house that brings you to the home page, a favorites button that makes a favorites list pop up, and an options button that makes a menu appear)
You GOTTA read it, here it is again, but with proper paragraphs

Internet explorer is not that bad! The UI is very compact, and the UI doesn't look old to me, also, that light theme may not be customizable, but internet explorer doesn't cover 10% of your screen by default, and there is even full RSS support and printing support and email support and toolbar support and InPrivate browsing and favorites support and the favorites can be on your desktop or in your taskbar and it can do everything!! (no, that ui I have isn't the default, I customized the menu bar and command bar and favorites bar, and even the status bar into the ui)

Internet explorer is the only internet browser that can use google toolbar
An RSS feed is basically a page that stores new via XML, atom feeds are basically the same, and explain how bitmap textures are too outdated, they are still everywhere, yep, the plants vs zombies trial page, and the zombies, and the plants, are all made up of bitmap textures, google's logo is an extremely HTML downscaled bitmap texture, GIMP's tool icons (at least in 2.8), the program icons are ALL bitmap textures, including the flash player icon outside adobe's website, the flashpoint icon, everything in scratch 1.4 and earlier, the TBGS logo, the emoticons (as you can probably already tell by the lack of antialiasing that they're not vector), the google chrome icon, everything in windows photo viewer, believe it or not, that's all bitmap

Internet Explorer also has the ability to save favorites to your desktop and your taskbar, and is also the only internet browser to support Google Toolbar, internet explorer does zooming in and out (just scroll while holding ctrl, press Ctrl + 0 to get the zoom back to normal, you can also zoom with Ctrl and the minus and plus keys), it can also zoom in at up to 10x and you can zoom out up to 10%
My website won't work because the website automatically edits protocols you type (the problem with this shows when your website doesn't support https)
I prefer the radium theme

Switched to google redirect page, seems to work in IE8 on Vista, but not IE6 on XP... at least I made it possible to just click 2 hyperlinks and access my website... for some reason

PkmnQ

C1

Pros you listed:
Google toolbar
Saving favorites (might also be able to be done with microsoft edge)

That's it. Everything else is supported by other browsers. I think. How does a browser support RSS feeds? Is it just supposed to list down the XML? If so, chrome and firefox do.
I'm a vowelless neither transparent nor translucent mammal of the genus Neogale, I guess. :/ B)
On a journey to a new domain full of enrichment, With auras and curses for your entertainment, The concept of collectibles spent to unblock your path, Is stretched far to create an interesting aftermath. The ideas start simple at their most plain, Followed by golden power breaking constraints, Along with barriers to check you've cleared things out, Although double vision puts their power in doubt. Why raise up when you can instead replace, And why take just some when you can completely erase? Replacing with nothing may sound like obliteration, But there's a good reason for its differentiation. Special colors that melt, fortify, and wash, And blockages not even gold can squash, A loft rumored to be haunted by a certain curse, And a metal whose purity demonstrates its worth. You've just reached amounts less than none, One thing is clear: It has only just begun.
Tip: Use c͢ombining cha͊racters, because ye᷂s.
Quine list

Threads that I think should be played more: link chain Pre-posted Destruction

Byron_Inc_TBG

C2

Seriously I'm not reading it
I don't have time
eh

SuperKamekArea

ie1
The way Internet Explorer displays the RSS feeds isn't just by showing the XML, it literally converts it to something readable instead of a mess of xml document tree
Proof:
My website won't work because the website automatically edits protocols you type (the problem with this shows when your website doesn't support https)

Switched to google redirect page, seems to work in IE8 on Vista, but not IE6 on XP... at least I made it possible to just click 2 hyperlinks and access my website... for some reason

Byron_Inc_TBG

C1

i don't care about rss, i'm not using it
eh

PkmnQ

C2

Well, why don't I just create a bookmarklet/extension that shows it like that then?
I'm a vowelless neither transparent nor translucent mammal of the genus Neogale, I guess. :/ B)
On a journey to a new domain full of enrichment, With auras and curses for your entertainment, The concept of collectibles spent to unblock your path, Is stretched far to create an interesting aftermath. The ideas start simple at their most plain, Followed by golden power breaking constraints, Along with barriers to check you've cleared things out, Although double vision puts their power in doubt. Why raise up when you can instead replace, And why take just some when you can completely erase? Replacing with nothing may sound like obliteration, But there's a good reason for its differentiation. Special colors that melt, fortify, and wash, And blockages not even gold can squash, A loft rumored to be haunted by a certain curse, And a metal whose purity demonstrates its worth. You've just reached amounts less than none, One thing is clear: It has only just begun.
Quine list

Byron_Inc_TBG

eh

PkmnQ

C4

Let's add a 2nd counter for not IE (NIE4)
Quine list

Byron_Inc_TBG

eh

SuperKamekArea

PkmnQ

Quine list

Byron_Inc_TBG

eh

PkmnQ

Quine list

Byron_Inc_TBG

eh

PkmnQ

Quine list

SuperKamekArea

ie1

the second counter has been ruined

Byron_Inc_TBG

eh

SuperKamekArea

ie1

the second counter has been ruined

PkmnQ

F1

NIE1

Should microsoft edge count as internet explorer?
Quine list

Byron_Inc_TBG

eh

PkmnQ

Quine list

Byron_Inc_TBG

eh

solitaire

C4

NIE5 golden rings

PkmnQ

Quine list

Kuq Mujq Gho

*See XKCD 1688.
Hi. My name is Kuq Mujq Gho. Please call me "Gho".
NEW GAME: https://tbgforums.com/forums/index.php?topic=6658.0