News:

The moderation team is holding a poll on the topic of the site's connection to Scratch. More details can be found here. Your feedback is appreciated.

Main Menu

If this gets a post ID of 32768, we advance!

Started by solitaire, Dec 29, 2021, 11:00:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

are you a cat or a dog person

cats
5 (41.7%)
dogs
2 (16.7%)
hamsters
1 (8.3%)
birds
2 (16.7%)
lizards
2 (16.7%)

Total Members Voted: 12

PkmnQ

I'm a vowelless neither transparent nor translucent mammal of the genus Neogale, I guess. :/ B)
On a journey to a new domain full of enrichment, With auras and curses for your entertainment, The concept of collectibles spent to unblock your path, Is stretched far to create an interesting aftermath. The ideas start simple at their most plain, Followed by golden power breaking constraints, Along with barriers to check you've cleared things out, Although double vision puts their power in doubt. Why raise up when you can instead replace, And why take just some when you can completely erase? Replacing with nothing may sound like obliteration, But there's a good reason for its differentiation. Special colors that melt, fortify, and wash, And blockages not even gold can squash, A loft rumored to be haunted by a certain curse, And a metal whose purity demonstrates its worth. You've just reached amounts less than none, One thing is clear: It has only just begun.
Tip: Use c͢ombining cha͊racters, because ye᷂s.
Quine list

Threads that I think should be played more: link chain Pre-posted Destruction

PkmnQ

It appears I have left my cat in the fridge, time to ⅘⅝⅚⅕
I'm a vowelless neither transparent nor translucent mammal of the genus Neogale, I guess. :/ B)
On a journey to a new domain full of enrichment, With auras and curses for your entertainment, The concept of collectibles spent to unblock your path, Is stretched far to create an interesting aftermath. The ideas start simple at their most plain, Followed by golden power breaking constraints, Along with barriers to check you've cleared things out, Although double vision puts their power in doubt. Why raise up when you can instead replace, And why take just some when you can completely erase? Replacing with nothing may sound like obliteration, But there's a good reason for its differentiation. Special colors that melt, fortify, and wash, And blockages not even gold can squash, A loft rumored to be haunted by a certain curse, And a metal whose purity demonstrates its worth. You've just reached amounts less than none, One thing is clear: It has only just begun.
Quine list

realicraft

fun fact: you can have infinite lines in your signature by using hr
sign this petition
ewow status: 4a has released yet; voting ends on June 22nd, at 11:59 PM PDT
videos | FS3 | FS3 Wiki | Ratings | Calendar | Universe Manager 2 | Sandbox | Mysterious Other TBG Forums
65536 progress: ~13.08% @ 97d (0y 3m 5d) [03/18/2024] {8572/65536}

:P:|:o

PkmnQ

I'm back, it's time to box condition the
Quine list

Zan

THE KUMQUATS WERE HERE

Zan

Wait do I pronounce that name right?
I pronounce it as "Pikmin Queue"
THE KUMQUATS WERE HERE

solitaire

i pronounce it as "pokémon cue"

PkmnQ

Quote from: Zan on Nov 30, 2023, 07:46:29 PMWait do I pronounce that name right?
I pronounce it as "Pikmin Queue"
The p, k, and m are silent (because of pneumonia, knife, and mnemonic), then the remaining "nQ" is pronounced as one word, "enqueue"

Except it isn't and that's a complete lie, I don't pronounce it at all
Quine list

PkmnQ

Which means that if you pronounce it at all, you're pronouncing it wrong
Quine list

solitaire

Quote from: PkmnQ on Nov 30, 2023, 07:52:11 PMWhich means that if you pronounce it at all, you're pronouncing it wrong
i dont actually pronounce it

Zan

I'm still pronouncing it as pikmin queue
THE KUMQUATS WERE HERE

PkmnQ

But if you do want to pronounce it, the least wrong way would pribably be each of the letters individually, like you would with PNG.
Quine list

Zan

Quote from: PkmnQ on Nov 30, 2023, 07:52:11 PMWhich means that if you pronounce it at all, you're pronouncing it wrong
Then how do I read the sentence "Hey PkmnQ, could you stop arguing with your cat?"
THE KUMQUATS WERE HERE

PkmnQ

Quote from: PkmnQ on Nov 30, 2023, 07:53:55 PMlike you would with PNG.
(if you understand the joke with this part of the post, kindly spam the :lol: smiley)
Quine list

PkmnQ

Quote from: Zan on Nov 30, 2023, 07:54:41 PM
Then how do I read the sentence "Hey PkmnQ, could you stop arguing with your cat?"
You don't.
Quine list

Zan

Also have you officially actually returned as in playing normally and existing normally?
THE KUMQUATS WERE HERE

PkmnQ

Quote from: Zan on Nov 30, 2023, 07:57:09 PMAlso have you officially actually returned as in playing normally and existing normally?
Probably, unless I wake up tomorrow and decide that I'm going to be a "comedi"an again
Quine list

solitaire

solitaire

PkmnQ

Quote from: solitaire on Nov 30, 2023, 08:04:30 PMhi
Part 0: Specification
The Ultimate Quine(TM) will be a SKI-calculus sort-of quine (it's not even an actual quine).
It will be an expression such that when you apply it to S, K, and I, it results in the original expression.

Part 1: Structure
The expression will be made up of two parts, the code and the data.
The data will be a representation of the code, and the code will "quinify" the data given to it.
As an example for the code, if the data given to it represents the expression "S (K S) K", applied to S, K, and I, the resulting expression will be "S (K S) K <data that represents the expression>".

Part 2: Encoding
Let's give the example expression "S (K S) K" again. This is secretly "(S (K S)) K" in disguise, so it can be done using a tree structure such as this:
"\f. \s. \k. \i. f (f s (f k s)) k"
Then this lambda representation will be turned into SKI calculus by turning it into SKI calculus. This may be optimized later on by swapping the arguments.

Part 3: The Code
The heart of all quines.
This will be further split into two parts, the part that generates the code from the data and the part that generates the data from the data (which is harder than it sounds!).

Part 3.1: The Code Code
The goal here is to get "s (k s) k" from "\f. \s. \k. \i. f (f s (f k s)) k", which is trivial:
\d. \s. \k. \i. d I s k i
Wow, very good progress there, PkmnQ.
Thanks, PkmnQ.

Part 3.2: The Data Code
The goal cannot be described here without a great amount of pain, and I want to save that for actually making the data code.
Because of the encoding, we will have to fold together representations in order to make the next representation, which seems possible but I'm not entirely sure. Let me go check.
\f. \s. \k. \i. f M N
\f. \s. \k. S (\i. f M) (\i. N)
\f. \s. \k. S (S (\i. f) (\i. M)) (\i. N)
\f. \s. \k. S (S (K f) (\i. M)) (\i. N)
\f. \s. S (\k. S (S (K f) (\i. M))) (\k. \i. N)
\f. \s. S (S (\k. S) (\k. S (K f) (\i. M))) (\k. \i. N)
\f. \s. S (S (K S) (S (\k. S (K f)) (\k. \i. M))) (\k. \i. N)
\f. \s. S (S (K S) (S (K (S (K f))) (\k. \i. M))) (\k. \i. N)
\f. S (\s. S (S (K S) (S (K (S (K f))) (\k. \i. M)))) (\s. \k. \i. N)
\f. S (S (\s. S) (\s. S (K S) (S (K (S (K f))) (\k. \i. M)))) (\s. \k. \i. N)
\f. S (S (K S) (S (\s. S (K S)) (\s. S (K (S (K f))) (\k. \i. M)))) (\s. \k. \i. N)
\f. S (S (K S) (S (K (S (K S))) (S (\s. S (K (S (K f)))) (\s. \k. \i. M)))) (\s. \k. \i. N)
\f. S (S (K S) (S (K (S (K S))) (S (K (S (K (S (K f))))) (\s. \k. \i. M)))) (\s. \k. \i. N)
S (S (\f. S) (\f. S (K S) (S (K (S (K S))) (S (K (S (K (S (K f))))) (\s. \k. \i. M))))) (\f. \s. \k. \i. N)
S (S (K S) (S (\f. S (K S)) (\f. S (K (S (K S))) (S (K (S (K (S (K f))))) (\s. \k. \i. M))))) (\f. \s. \k. \i. N)
S (S (K S) (S (K (S (K S))) (S (\f. S (K (S (K S)))) (\f. S (K (S (K (S (K f))))) (\s. \k. \i. M))))) (\f. \s. \k. \i. N)
S (S (K S) (S (K (S (K S))) (S (K (S (K (S (K S))))) (S (\f. S (K (S (K (S (K f)))))) (\f. \s. \k. \i. M))))) (\f. \s. \k. \i. N)
S (S (K S) (S (K (S (K S))) (S (K (S (K (S (K S))))) (S (S (\f. S) (\f. K (S (K (S (K f)))))) (\f. \s. \k. \i. M))))) (\f. \s. \k. \i. N)
S (S (K S) (S (K (S (K S))) (S (K (S (K (S (K S))))) (S (S (K S) (S (\f. K) (\f. S (K (S (K f)))))) (\f. \s. \k. \i. M))))) (\f. \s. \k. \i. N)
S (S (K S) (S (K (S (K S))) (S (K (S (K (S (K S))))) (S (S (K S) (S (K K) (S (\f. S) (\f. K (S (K f)))))) (\f. \s. \k. \i. M))))) (\f. \s. \k. \i. N)
S (S (K S) (S (K (S (K S))) (S (K (S (K (S (K S))))) (S (S (K S) (S (K K) (S (K S) (S (\f. K) (\f. S (K f)))))) (\f. \s. \k. \i. M))))) (\f. \s. \k. \i. N)
S (S (K S) (S (K (S (K S))) (S (K (S (K (S (K S))))) (S (S (K S) (S (K K) (S (K S) (S (K K) (S (K S) (\f. K f)))))) (\f. \s. \k. \i. M))))) (\f. \s. \k. \i. N)
S (S (K S) (S (K (S (K S))) (S (K (S (K (S (K S))))) (S (S (K S) (S (K K) (S (K S) (S (K K) (S (K S) K))))) (\f. \s. \k. \i. M))))) (\f. \s. \k. \i. N)
Huh. So it can. That's progress.
Now all I have to do is deal with s, k, and i, which should be easy enough.
\f. \s. \k. \i. s
\f. \s. \k. K s
\f. \s. K (K s)
\f. S (\s. K) (\s. K s)
\f. S (K K) K
K (S (K K) K)
\f. \s. \k. \i. k
\f. \s. \k. K k
\f. \s. K
\f. K K
K (K K)
\f. \s. \k. \i. i
\f. \s. \k. I
\f. \s. K I
\f. K (K I)
K (K (K I))
That was pretty easy. Not as insane as I expected.
\d. \s. \k. \i. d (\m. \n. s (s (k s) (s (k (s (k s))) (s (k (s (k (s (k s))))) (s (s (k s) (s (k k) (s (k s) (s (k k) (s (k s) k))))) m)))) n) (k (s (k k) k)) (k (k k)) (k (k (k i)))
To do: Test this.
Quine list

solitaire

solitaire

PkmnQ

Quine list

solitaire

PkmnQ

õøhëu (if you know what this means spam the :lol: emoji)
Quine list