News:

The moderation team is holding a poll on the topic of the site's connection to Scratch. More details can be found here. Your feedback is appreciated.

Main Menu

If your entire post is in [ngv] tags, you win!

Started by donotforgetmycode, Jun 30, 2024, 04:31:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

donotforgetmycode

However, [ngv] tags mean that your post has no gameplay value. So you can't win, unless you find a loophole.

Try not to use a loophole that was already used by someone else.

Zan

THE KUMQUATS WERE HERE

PkmnQ

I'm a vowelless neither transparent nor translucent mammal of the genus Neogale, I guess. :/ B)
On a journey to a new domain full of enrichment, With auras and curses for your entertainment, The concept of collectibles spent to unblock your path, Is stretched far to create an interesting aftermath. The ideas start simple at their most plain, Followed by golden power breaking constraints, Along with barriers to check you've cleared things out, Although double vision puts their power in doubt. Why raise up when you can instead replace, And why take just some when you can completely erase? Replacing with nothing may sound like obliteration, But there's a good reason for its differentiation. Special colors that melt, fortify, and wash, And blockages not even gold can squash, A loft rumored to be haunted by a certain curse, And a metal whose purity demonstrates its worth. You've just reached amounts less than none, One thing is clear: It has only just begun.
Tip: Use c͢ombining cha͊racters, because ye᷂s.
Quine list

Threads that I think should be played more: link chain Pre-posted Destruction

PkmnQ

Quote from: PkmnQ on Jun 30, 2024, 05:11:23 AM[ngv]quote this[/ngv]
The nobbc tags mean that the ngv tags do not cause the post to have no game value, thus it still counts as a post, however the post is still entirely inside ngv tags, therefore I win.
I'm a vowelless neither transparent nor translucent mammal of the genus Neogale, I guess. :/ B)
On a journey to a new domain full of enrichment, With auras and curses for your entertainment, The concept of collectibles spent to unblock your path, Is stretched far to create an interesting aftermath. The ideas start simple at their most plain, Followed by golden power breaking constraints, Along with barriers to check you've cleared things out, Although double vision puts their power in doubt. Why raise up when you can instead replace, And why take just some when you can completely erase? Replacing with nothing may sound like obliteration, But there's a good reason for its differentiation. Special colors that melt, fortify, and wash, And blockages not even gold can squash, A loft rumored to be haunted by a certain curse, And a metal whose purity demonstrates its worth. You've just reached amounts less than none, One thing is clear: It has only just begun.
Quine list

PkmnQ

Quine list

PkmnQ

Quote from: PkmnQ on Jun 30, 2024, 05:19:21 AM[ngv=wowee]loophole 2[/ngv]
If you give the b tag an argument, it doesn't bold the text inside: [b=2]a[/b]
Similarly, since ngv tags have no argument, the ngv tags similarly should not apply here.
However, the post is still surrounded with ngv tags, therefore I win again.
Quine list

Orb Fish

This might work. It's your call on whether or not it counts as being entirely in NGV tags.

EDIT: I just noticed that PkmnQ used a similar strategy.
I'm the person who accidentally knocked some people - along with myself - down a big rabbit hole that we call the Mineral Fish fandom.

Orb Fish

[ngv]
Quote from: Orb Fish on Jun 30, 2024, 07:56:15 AMThis might work. It's your call on whether or not it counts as being entirely in NGV tags.

[/ngv]
I'm the person who accidentally knocked some people - along with myself - down a big rabbit hole that we call the Mineral Fish fandom.

donotforgetmycode

Quote from: Orb Fish on Jun 30, 2024, 07:57:25 AM[ngv]
Quote from: Orb Fish on Jun 30, 2024, 07:56:15 AMThis might work. It's your call on whether or not it counts as being entirely in NGV tags.

[/ngv]
Unfortunately this post has no gameplay value due to the [ngv] tags. The post above it does, but it's not inside [ngv] tags so it doesn't win.

donotforgetmycode

Quote from: donotforgetmycode on Jun 30, 2024, 08:20:38 AM
The whole post "haha i win :)" is inside [ngv] tags, but they're just images, so the post still has gameplay value, so I win.

realicraft

[ngv][pos]the negative tags give this text -1 gameplay value, bringing it down to 0, but the positive tags give this text +1 gameplay value, bringing it back up to 1. therefore i win[/pos][/ngv]
fun fact: you can have infinite lines in your signature by using hr
sign this petition
ewow status: 4a has released yet; voting ends on June 22nd, at 11:59 PM PDT
videos | FS3 | FS3 Wiki | Ratings | Calendar | Universe Manager 2 | Sandbox | Mysterious Other TBG Forums
65536 progress: ~13.08% @ 97d (0y 3m 5d) [03/18/2024] {8572/65536}

:P:|:o

PkmnQ

Quine list

PkmnQ

Quote from: PkmnQ on Jun 30, 2024, 05:56:20 PM[ngv][/ngv]
I was going to argue something along the lines of how empty b tags get cancelled out and removed from the post, but as shown here code tags don't do that, so there is a reason to believe ngv tags may not cancel each other out if they're empty. Post is still ngv, no win to be seen here.
Quine list

7forumi

[/ngv]I swapped them around so they aren't NGV but they are in NGV tags ;)[ngv]

B) hi me is the cool emoji. wanna see my friends? click here.
B)  B)  B)  B)  B)  B)  B)  B)  B)  B)  B)  B)  B)  B)  B)  B)  B)  B)  B)  B)  B)  B)  B)  B)  B)  B)  B)  B)  B)  B)  B)  B)  B)  B)  B)  B)  B)  B)  B)  B)  B)  B)  B)  B)  B)  B)  B)  B)  B)  B)  B)  B)  B)  B)  B)  B)  B)  B)  B)  B)  B)  B)  B)  B)  B)  B)  B)  B)  B)  B)  B)  B)  B)  B)  B)  B)  B)  B)  B)  B)  B)  B)  B)  B)  B)  B)  B)  B)  B)  B)  B)  B)  B)  B)  B)  B)  B)  B)  B)  B)  B)  B)  B)  B)  B)  B)  B)  B)  B)  B)  B)  B)  B)  B)  B)  B)  B)  B)  B)  B)  B)  B)  B)  B)  B)  B)  B)  B)  B)  B)  B)  B)

PkmnQ

Quote from: 7forumi on Jun 30, 2024, 06:04:30 PM[/ngv]I swapped them around so they aren't NGV but they are in NGV tags ;)[ngv]
Actually, because of how bbcode tags work in SMF, only the empty spaces at the beginning and end of the post are in ngv tags.
Quine list

7forumi

Quote from: PkmnQ on Jun 30, 2024, 06:07:02 PM
Quote from: 7forumi on Jun 30, 2024, 06:04:30 PM[/ngv]I swapped them around so they aren't NGV but they are in NGV tags ;)[ngv]
Actually, because of how bbcode tags work in SMF, only the empty spaces at the beginning and end of the post are in ngv tags.
But there is no empty characters there

B)  B)  B)  B)  B)  B)  B)  B)  B)  B)  B)  B)  B)  B)  B)  B)  B)  B)  B)  B)  B)  B)  B)  B)  B)  B)  B)  B)  B)  B)  B)  B)  B)  B)  B)  B)  B)  B)  B)  B)  B)  B)  B)  B)  B)  B)  B)  B)  B)  B)  B)  B)  B)  B)  B)  B)  B)  B)  B)  B)  B)  B)  B)  B)  B)  B)  B)  B)  B)  B)  B)  B)  B)  B)  B)  B)  B)  B)  B)  B)  B)  B)  B)  B)  B)  B)  B)  B)  B)  B)  B)  B)  B)  B)  B)  B)  B)  B)  B)  B)  B)  B)  B)  B)  B)  B)  B)  B)  B)  B)  B)  B)  B)  B)  B)  B)  B)  B)  B)  B)  B)  B)  B)  B)  B)  B)  B)  B)  B)  B)  B)  B)

PkmnQ

Quote from: 7forumi on Jun 30, 2024, 06:17:56 PM
But there is no empty characters there
Yeah, the nothing at the beginning and the nothing at the end are both in ngv tags, but not the rest of the post.
Quine list

donotforgetmycode

I would argue that the post is still inside [ngv] tags, but not affected by the [ngv] tags, therefore 7forumi wins.

PkmnQ

[ngv]Ok,[/ngv] but then this should also count, [ngv]even if it's just treated as the same as 7forumi's win.[/ngv]
Quine list

donotforgetmycode

Quote from: PkmnQ on Jun 30, 2024, 07:49:35 PM[ngv]Ok,[/ngv] but then this should also count, [ngv]even if it's just treated as the same as 7forumi's win.[/ngv]
Yeah I think this is basically the same loophole that 7forumi used

Europe2048

Tessa said to the young man:
What is your name
The young man replied:
I'm Sam.

adummy

Philosophically since the point of this game is to put your text in ngv tags, does not that give them gameplay value implicitly.
And therefore this text that has no ngv tags, and therefore usually has gameplay value has no gameplay value as it is not in no gameplay value tags.
But the thing is since this text has no gameplay value therefore it is in not gameplay value tags, because not there being a tag means there itself is not a tag,
which means this does win because it has no gameplay value while
not using no gameplay value tags, and you might argue that by tags they
literally meant ngv as no gameplay value tags, and since it isn't in ngv,
it has no gameplay value, but in that case we can exploit the second exploit,
by interpreting it in a way that confuses the gameplay value, by saying that ngv
tags as an abbreviation does not lead to not gameplay value but to another thing not remembering of not gameplay value, and to figure out something that does not have
gameplay value, we must use an algorithmic approach to figure out something
without gameplay value, which will ourselves require us figuring out something
without gameplay value, actually a tag that does not equal the aforementioned
adjective of having no gameplay value which is still remembering of the ngv tag,
and to find a tag that is not remembering of no gameplay value but does have
gameplay value but actually consists of-And forgetting what
the point of this was in the first place-

Bans asparagus.
I cannot request a username change yet but I would be preferred to be called a_dummy, dummy, or for short, Ad.

This signature is officially Burger/10.

Join the destroyers! For glory, for fame! The swords of destrodom must destroy the progressives! The Destruction Alliance!

7forumi

NGV Here's another one, I put my post in the words "NGV Tags" Tags

Zan

Quote from: 7forumi on Jul 01, 2024, 12:07:59 AMNGV Here's another one, I put my post in the words "NGV Tags" Tags
I was gonna do that first but then I didn't
Okay I have no loopholes anymore
THE KUMQUATS WERE HERE