News:

The moderation team is holding a poll on the topic of the site's connection to Scratch. More details can be found here. Your feedback is appreciated.

Main Menu

CHANGELOG.md

Started by Maew Nryang, Aug 08, 2021, 06:17:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheGlassPenguin

3.4.0-testAlpha2

This build contains fixes only, mostly around how +Alphas work.

Fixed:
- New mechanics items and objects render properly, and have textures.
- Multiple mistakes and griefings in currently in experimental translations.
- Placing objects in a hole on a sloped surface should not result in a crash w/ log+hex dump.
- Snow can be enabled now, like it should. Note that this needs optimizations and will cause lag.
- If Devcore is not present, any +Alphas (like testAlphas) will peacefully close with an error instead of locking up.
- Experimental integration with Windows 10/11 achievements and Game Bar does not cause a crash.
- Experimental GPU support can be toggled off like it should
- Recovering a broken installation now disables experimental features
- Multiplayer simulation mode now works properly when Devcore is present and running, and in an unmodded single-player stage/map with experimental features turned off. This is designed to let users test features like HDA, the anticheat, and chat on builds that do not have multiplayer.
- Attempting to launch a +Alpha built with the experimental C++ engine will cause it to peacefully close instead of locking up. This is because Devcore has yet to be completely ported to C++.
- New debugging features in Devcore for Stage Mode and Stage Editor do not crash the game when the menu is brought up.
- Figures (the skin engine, contains character creator and stuff for rendering characters and receiving them from others on multiplayer) is not required in +Alphas,

Please note that the fixes from the last +Alpha have been backported to Main and should ship with the next stable build.
a comic maker and a very bad web developer who's day job is village idiot.
<- check out my website at https://theglasspenguin.us.to for more content

my main concern is "why aren't plush toy dolphins considered valid weapons?"

SuperKamekArea

3.4.0-testAlpha3
Added:
 - cameraLerp setting (default: 74%)
Fixed:
 - Wheels driving on conveyer belts rotating towards the opposite direction no longer shake
 - Multiplayer no longer crashes when accessed via unidentified Ethernet connections
My website won't work because the website automatically edits protocols you type (the problem with this shows when your website doesn't support https)
I prefer the radium theme

Switched to google redirect page, seems to work in IE8 on Vista, but not IE6 on XP... at least I made it possible to just click 2 hyperlinks and access my website... for some reason

Incendiary

3.4.0-testAlpha3

We've noticed problems with our current graphics engine and as such we are working to make changes to ensure that any changes made will work properly in the future. This may require many months of work.

Fixed:
- Meshing issues
- Texture clipping on some surfaces
- Foliage textures failing to use anti-aliasing
- 3D resolution textures dropping randomly on some models
- Inconsistent 3D resolution
- Entities clipping through angled ground
- Liquids clipping through terrain and 3D objects
- Textures improperly lowering resolution
- UI graphical problems

Removed:
- Duplicate textures
Just another internet user and anime transbian catgirl cosplaying as Sakuya Izayoi for April. If you were looking for something interesting here, you've come to the wrong place.

My discord is Incendiary__ and you can join my server at https://discord.gg/k2ywUzBAED
My Twitch channl is available at https://twitch.tv/incendiaryoce

TheGlassPenguin

4.0.0-alpha1

The C++ engine, now called WorldBox, has reached feature parity and passed all checks (including the security and stability), so this is the first release with it.
IMPORTANT: The features introduced in the 3.4.0-testAlphas will be released in 4.0 instead as most stuff for the Mechanics Update will not be backported into Aluminum (the Java engine) as we don't have enough money for it according to the nice old lady who manages the budget.

Moving on;

Added:
- Wheels can now be moved with momentum and will roll when pushed. Motors are not required.
- Particle effects for releasing steam and exhaust
- code tags (now without xss!)
- The winner of the Creature Contest: Randomized dog and cat breeds! Currently in a very early state, no bonuses yet and certain breeds do not work right yet,
- Sounds for rain should reduce in volume and gain a filter effect when the player enters a shelter.
- A new, better control remap menu (has not been changed since 0.3, so enjoy)
- +Bows are no longer experimental.

Changed:
- Machines cannot break machines.
- aerialFaithPlate has been renamed to Springboard
- Mods cannot take effect until 0.50 seconds after the logos and while WorldBox is starting up (during the "Heating up..." message)

Fixed:
- Issues with creatures not detecting players if they are carrying a barrel or other large object
- Chat not opening right on macOS
- Issues with angled ground not generating right with WorldBox
- "Failed to execute child process: figures:render" issue should be fixed with WorldBox
- Various conflicts with WorldBox using .config files for Aluminum and then breaking itself
- Game should not hang when switching to it from another app using Workspace View on MATE-DE

Incendiary

4.1.0-alpha1

This update is all about fixing many outstanding problems that our team is too lazy to fix. This isn't all the fixes we want to do nor will it come quickly. The team really needs to work together more but eh.

Added:
- Power stations generate in various places, typically near a city. Currently only 1 type exists.
- Creative generator and motors added.

Fixed/Changed:
- Mechanical bodies and systems:
  - Mechanical bodies no longer flex when attached to terrain.
  - Mechanical bodies no longer flex excessively when walked on top of.
  - Mechanical bodies no longer flex forwards and backwards (away or towards their anchors)
  - Motors have been tweaked to stop mechanical bodies from disconnecting.
  - Pistons no longer affect terrain.
  - Pistons do not flex anymore
  - Mechanical properties of objects have been tuned
- Cities and Towns
  - Generation algorithm improvements overall
  - Flags now generate properly and in the right spot.
  - Buildings now have extra reference points to reduce fused buildings during generation.
  - Foundations now properly generate. However, we still need to fix buildings clipping into foundations or buildings    with no entrances or exits.
  - Buildings with round sections have had their generation tweaked. This should prevent incorrect sizes or orientations.
  - The cables that link between buildings or power stations have been adjusted to improve generation and reduce nests of cables or cables through walls.
  - Minimum building and road caps increased (Cities: previously 12 buildings and 24 roads, this has been increased to 64 buildings and 256 roads) (Towns: previously 4 buildings and 6 roads, increased to 24 buildings and 64 roads)
  - Curved roads no longer result in buildings generating floating above or in the middle of roads.
  - Terrain smoothing is being implemented around cities and towns.
  - Storage containers should now actually contain suitable loot. No more bows inside the freezer.
  - Fixed some tree and ore vein generation issues causing cities to generate incorrectly.
 - Combat:
  - Bows and crossbows have had their accuracy, velocity and range increased.
  - Projectiles have a short period where their trajectory is completely flat and unaffected by gravity.
  - Explosives can affect projectiles and moving objects.
  - Fixed an issue with shrapnel ricochet occurring on all surfaces.
  - Arrows will now ricochet properly.
  - Projectiles can break glass and no longer just travel through it.
  - Arrows no longer fall through the floor.
  - Melee weapons will no longer penetrate solid surfaces.
  - Melee weapons have had their hit detection fixed.
- Terrain generation:
  - Many, MANY huge issues fixed, this has always been a problem but we're on track to fixing terrain gen.
  - Terrain generation algorithm improved overall.
  - Triangles used to form terrain now have smoothing applied to prevent unwanted ridges and collision points.
  - Caves and cliffs now have actual jagged edges, ledges and texture generation.
  - Players can no longer enter unloaded chunks.
  - Players can no longer load chunks beyond a certain distance.
  - Various performance issues relating to terrain gen fixed.
- Miscellaneous:
  - Duplicate inventory bug fixed. Any items stored in this dupe inventory will be replaced by a private chest near the player's respawn.
  - UI freezing
  - Various performance problems.

Removed:
  - All liquid generation items from the standard crafting menu. These are admin only.
  - Gun (will be replaced with actual guns)
  - Cardboard crates
  - Some unused entities (admin only)
  - Small explosives
  - Used tin cans
Just another internet user and anime transbian catgirl cosplaying as Sakuya Izayoi for April. If you were looking for something interesting here, you've come to the wrong place.

My discord is Incendiary__ and you can join my server at https://discord.gg/k2ywUzBAED

Tymewalk

4.1.0-alpha2

Fixes a bunch of bugs related to sound.

Added:
- Added unique sounds for power stations that were added in the last update
- Added unique sounds for when arrows bounce off of a player's armor
- Added more options to the developer menu for sound testing

Fixed:
- Fixed freezer_hum.mp3 and fridge_hum.mp3 being WAY too loud
- Fixed broken glass not playing a sound
- Fixed a bug where the walking through water sounds would play when walking through snow
- Fixed a bug where statues would make noise when they shouldn't
- Fixed a bug where arrows that bounced off of surfaces wouldn't stop playing the bounce sound
- Fixed a bug where some sounds would play at 0, 0 instead of their intended location
- Fixed a bug where minecarts would play sounds while stopped
- Fixed a bug where changing the game's language would mute all sounds
- Fixed a bug where instead of playing a frying oil sound, deep fryers would play an upbeat jingle
- Fixed a bug where sounds that play for a long time would continue playing after disconnecting from a server
- Fixed a bug where menu sounds wouldn't play under certain conditions
- Fixed a bug where if there were a lot of sounds playing at once, sounds would stop playing entirely
- Fixed a bug where frogs could not ribbit
- Fixed a bug where if a player changed weapons quick enough, the new weapon would still use the old weapon's sound effects
- Fixed a bug where upgrading a weapon would still use the old weapon's sounds

Changed:
- Updated the localization files
Whosoever holds this banhammer, if he be worthy, shall possess the power of moderaThor...
he/him | Text Based Games Forums Discord Server | Just Dance 2014 | (つo.o)つ It's Kirby!
back on the road, back down the road, downtown, i don't have courage but i have something else - and it's more than words

TheGlassPenguin

4.1.0-beta1

Added:
- An actual BBcode parser
- Automatic door sensors
- Several new music tracks
- A basic 'Away from keyboard' mode. Is in an early stage of testing and only works when triggered via a command or when switching away from the game on GNOME Shell. When activated, it should turn your character transparent and turns off sound.
- A setting to adjust 'flicker' effects used by fluorescent lights, CRT monitors, and other various items.
- Weapon Auto-fire on Dart and Arrow launchers can now be toggleable on mobile
- Randomized dog and cat breeds are now feature-complete

Fixed:
- Destroying a lock should not make a door inoperable
- Autojump should no longer allow a person to walk up sharp-sloped surfaces
- Generators should not immediately run out of fuel when the user leaves the game or moves away from the generator
- Several crash bugs related to the C++ engine
- Issues allowing people to double-jump on servers where double-jump is disabled
- Cables should not be able to go through solid substances
- Fixed issues with power stations emitting red smoke (they should not emit anything if the energy source is unchanged from the generation state)
- Statues should not deflect any projectile shot at them
- Tele-pearls should now be called 'Tele-pearls' in all system text instead of the earlier names
- Tele-pearls should not be able to travel through glass, lava or bedrock
- Several bugs pertaining to Linear Stage Mode (too many to list)
- The Overhead View in the Stage Editor should display correctly, regardless of operating system
- The game should now display at your actual screen resolution on Windows 11, instead of 480x360

Removed:
- Unused debug flags
- Various commands that required Devcore (these commands are now in Devcore itself instead of the base game)
- Various unneeded dependencies
- Leftover data from 1.0.3
- Single-player Trust Mode
- Room Code Persistence (you will receive a new code on each local multiplayer session)
- Endless command loops (breaking fix, test before moving to stable)

DifferentDance8

4.1.1:

Added:
- Readded Anime and U-word that was removed all the way back in 2.5.2 (Please do not mess with those again)
- Also readded the Furry tag that was also removed all the way back in 2.5.2. (Please do not mess with those again)

Other:
Reverted back to SemVer.
out of all the changes i was expecting from the migration, actual bbcode without CABS and profile pictures were not one of them
-
hello. i am differentdance8. my scratch profile tells more information so uhh

TheGlassPenguin

4.1.2:

Changed:
- Images in chat need to be manually shown instead of automatically loading

Added:
- Everything from the last couple alpha/beta builds

Other:
- Bumped various dependencies

TheGlassPenguin

4.1.3:

Fixed:
- Explosive items should now be destroyed after exploding

Other:
- More dependency bumps

Incendiary

Added:
- Weed
- Throwing Knives
- Pocket Watch
- Various cosmetics

Fixed:
- Bread now uses the correct sound when eaten
- Bread no longer explodes when shot

PkmnQ

Fixed:
- Cats no longer turn into blinds when coming into contact with a window.
This was a thing I tried to do, but insert mess of a sentence here. Also, I'm a vowelless neither transparent nor translucent mammal of the genus Neogale, I guess. :/ B)
The future experience must be anticipated beforehand to ensure proper expectations.
Tip: Use c͢ombining cha͊racters, because ye᷂s.
Quine list

Threads that I think should be played more (found in the Infinite Flood): link chain

Incendiary

Fixed:
- Weed plants no longer spawn mid-air
- Generated buildings no longer spawn mid-air if a Weed plant was going to spawn there.
- Terrain is smoothed slightly to improve terrain generation

TheGlassPenguin

Added:
- Dynamic FOV can now be enabled and disabled.

Changed:
- Certain things can no longer be lit on fire
- Steam emitted from boiling water and smoke should not be red.

Removed:
- 480x360 display mode
- "Large" fire extinguishers

Incendiary

Fixed:
- Throwing knives now bounce off of metal walls instead of dropping to the floor
- Throwing knives more consistently break windows
- Pocket Watch now uses the server's time by default. It can be swapped to use the player's
PC time if preferred.

Changed:
- Menu has been tweaked. It loads faster and the startup animations can be skipped by double pressing any key.

PkmnQ

Fixed:
- Wax paper has been tweaked to prevent weird interactions with small rocks.
- Boulders now spawn more frequently.
This was a thing I tried to do, but insert mess of a sentence here. Also, I'm a vowelless neither transparent nor translucent mammal of the genus Neogale, I guess. :/ B)
The future experience must be anticipated beforehand to ensure proper expectations.
Tip: Use c͢ombining cha͊racters, because ye᷂s.
Quine list

Threads that I think should be played more (found in the Infinite Flood): link chain

JakubMzTrencina

Fixed boulders having too large hitboxes

JakubMzTrencina

- Wrote an ActionScript 3 version of the game for people with Flash Player.
- Released as a web demo version with less features than the official release.