News:

The moderation team is holding a poll on the topic of the site's connection to Scratch. More details can be found here. Your feedback is appreciated.

Main Menu

Changing Base Counting

Started by Maew Nryang, May 03, 2022, 06:02:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maew Nryang

Basically, each post, we increase both the count and the base by 1.

Start:
10 (base 2)
*See XKCD 1688.
Hi. My name is Maew Nryang. Please call me "Maew", not "Nryang".
NEW GAME: https://tbgforums.com/forums/index.php?topic=6658.0

PkmnQ

This was a thing I tried to do, but insert mess of a sentence here. Also, I'm a vowelless neither transparent nor translucent mammal of the genus Neogale, I guess. :/ B)
The future experience must be anticipated beforehand to ensure proper expectations.
Tip: Use c͢ombining cha͊racters, because ye᷂s.
Quine list

Threads that I think should be played more (found in the Infinite Flood): link chain

Maew Nryang

*See XKCD 1688.

Byron_Inc_TBG

10 (base 5)

Slightly unrelated but question: how does base 1 work
eh

PkmnQ

10 (base 6)

There are two choices: You can either do it normally, where you can only express 0
Or you can do bijective base 1, which is basically just tally marks.
This was a thing I tried to do, but insert mess of a sentence here. Also, I'm a vowelless neither transparent nor translucent mammal of the genus Neogale, I guess. :/ B)
The future experience must be anticipated beforehand to ensure proper expectations.
Quine list

Threads that I think should be played more (found in the Infinite Flood): link chain

Maew Nryang

*See XKCD 1688.

PkmnQ

10 (base 8)

What happens at base 26, 32, 37, 64, and 85?
Quine list

Maew Nryang

10 (base 9)
Quote from: PkmnQWhat happens at base 26, 32, 37, 64, and 85?
You decide.
*See XKCD 1688.

Byron_Inc_TBG

What's so special about them
eh

Maew Nryang

10 (base 11)
for example, the number could be BA base 26
*See XKCD 1688.

Byron_Inc_TBG

eh

PkmnQ

10 (base 13)

Well I'm deciding that for base 37 and beyond, since we might not have enough symbols, we convert each "digit" into base 10, and list them in order

For example, [5, 12] in base 37 is 5 * 37 + 12 = 197

(Exceptions can be made for other bases if needed)
Quine list

Byron_Inc_TBG

cApItAl lEtTeRs

10 (base 14)
eh

PkmnQ

Ok maybe it starts at base 62 instead

10 (base 15)
Quine list

Byron_Inc_TBG

eh

PkmnQ

10 (in suboptimal)
Quine list

Byron_Inc_TBG

eh

PkmnQ

Quine list

Maew Nryang

*See XKCD 1688.

PkmnQ

[21] (bijective base 21 in array form)
Quine list

Byron_Inc_TBG

eh

Zan

THE KUMQUATS WERE HERE

PkmnQ

Quine list

Zan

THE KUMQUATS WERE HERE

PkmnQ

z (bijective base 26 (letters))
Quine list