News:

The moderation team is holding a poll on the topic of the site's connection to Scratch. More details can be found here. Your feedback is appreciated.

Main Menu

If you write without using less simple words, you win!

Started by Maew Nryang, Nov 07, 2021, 02:23:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PkmnQ

Quote from: TonyBrown148This might become another One Six Three Eight Four (or maybe Six Five Five Three Six).
i like six five five three six
This was a thing I tried to do, but insert mess of a sentence here. Also, I'm a vowelless neither transparent nor translucent mammal of the genus Neogale, I guess. :/ B)
The future experience must be anticipated beforehand to ensure proper expectations.
Tip: Use c͢ombining cha͊racters, because ye᷂s.
Quine list

Threads that I think should be played more (found in the Infinite Flood): link chain

solitaire

you do not need to have each number be a different word. the simple writer can use normal numbers, such as this one: 12345

Tymewalk

I actually forgot all about the Simple Writer. I think it's a pretty interesting thing. Writing longer things with the Simple Writer is kind of hard because all of the words I actually want to use are not simple. I can only imagine it must have been hard to write a whole book like this.
Whosoever holds this banhammer, if he be worthy, shall possess the power of moderaThor...
he/him | Text Based Games Forums Discord Server | Just Dance 2014 | (つo.o)つ It's Kirby!
back on the road, back down the road, downtown, i don't have courage but i have something else - and it's more than words

solitaire

to use the word or words you want to use, you must try to use other words that have around the same meaning as the word or words you want to use.

Tymewalk

Part of my problem is that some of the words I want to use don't have many other simple words like them, so I can't really use the word I want to use because there isn't another word like it. I can't really write one of these less simple words to show everyone what I mean, because that would mean using a less simple word, which would mean I lose.
Whosoever holds this banhammer, if he be worthy, shall possess the power of moderaThor...
he/him | Text Based Games Forums Discord Server | Just Dance 2014 | (つo.o)つ It's Kirby!
back on the road, back down the road, downtown, i don't have courage but i have something else - and it's more than words

PkmnQ

What next? Simple avoid 5?
This was a thing I tried to do, but insert mess of a sentence here. Also, I'm a vowelless neither transparent nor translucent mammal of the genus Neogale, I guess. :/ B)
The future experience must be anticipated beforehand to ensure proper expectations.
Quine list

Threads that I think should be played more (found in the Infinite Flood): link chain

Maew Nryang

*See XKCD 1688.
Hi. My name is Maew Nryang. Please call me "Maew", not "Nryang".
NEW GAME: https://tbgforums.com/forums/index.php?topic=6658.0

PkmnQ

Quine list

Byron_Inc_TBG

Running through the snow
In a one-horse open [stuff bringer over snow or ice, often pulled by animals]
Over the fields we go
Laughing all the way

[an inside-empty metal thing, sounds a clear music note when struck] on [back part of animal] ring
Making spirits bright
What fun it is to ride and sing
A [bringing stuff over snow or ice] song tonight

[Light ringing sound] [inside-empty metal thing, sounds a clear music note when struck], [Light ringing sound] [inside-empty metal thing, sounds a clear music note when struck]
[Light ringing sound] all the way
Oh, what fun it is to ride
In a one-horse open [stuff bringer over snow or ice, often pulled by animals], hey

[Light ringing sound] [an inside-empty metal thing, sounds a clear music note when struck], [Light ringing sound] [an inside-empty metal thing, sounds a clear music note when struck]
[Light ringing sound] all the way
Oh, what fun it is to ride
In a one-horse open [stuff bringer over snow or ice, often pulled by animals]
eh

solitaire

the north-living large stick-on-head horse is a member of the west-living stick-on-head horse family of sticks-on-head horses and is the largest and heaviest stick-on-head horse that is still alive. most grown-up he-north-living large stick-on-head horses have stick-on-heads that look like hands, while other north-living large stick-on-head horses have stick-on-head that look like trees. it mostly lives in forests in the north. being killed by humans has caused the number of north-living large stick-on-head horses to become smaller over time. however it has been added back to many of the places where it was removed from.

most north-living large stick-on-head horses live in the north-west and the north-east. it usually eats grass and flowers both on the ground and in water. they are usually killed by bears, north-living grey dogs, and humans. not like other stick-on-head horses, they live by themselves, except for the children who stay with their mother until the child is around 18 months old, when the mother will scare them away. although they are slow and usually nice, they can become mean and move quite fast if angry or scared. in the fall the he's have large fights over she's.

Tymewalk

Quote from: PkmnQWhat next? Simple avoid 5?
Simple avoid five sounds like it would be a really hard game to win. A lot of simple words have "five" in them.

Maybe we should just make the next game "avoid everything". :P

solitaire

human made groups of words are words made now by a human.

they are made to make speaking more easy, for books or other things, to train machines, for fun, and to make games.

PkmnQ

The only things you need to be able to do anything is:
- Holding a doing
- Taking a held doing and make another doing
- Doing a held doing
To turn a less simple doing into those doings, you first have to make a doing with those doings but also with this extra doing:
- Removing a held doing
With those four doings, you can make a counting thing, which has been proven to be able to do anything.
Then, you need to change those doings so that the doing of removing held doings is removed.
At its simplest explaining, we change held doings into held doings that can either do the old doing or do nothing, changing in the way that we do the held doing.
Quine list

red herring

This is a writing that is simple but not as simple as the most simple of states can be. Word buildings are supposed to be simple too right? but if i use a not simple word building, whose bones form the building, is not simple, is that simple?
dashing through the snow
in a One Gun Open Sleigh
this is a haiku

realicraft

Quote from: WikipediaIn computer make-doing, white space is any letter or group of letters that are left-right or up-down space in letter study. When shown, a white space letter does not same-as to a seen mark, but usually does use an area on a page. For show-use, the usual white space letter +0020   SPACE (also Left-World Usual Words for Information Moving 32) shows a not-seen space letter-helpers letter in letter groups, used as a word into-two in Left-World letter groups.
it sure is 43.250.142.151       tbgforums.com time, i think, maybe,
ewow status: 2a has released yet; voting ends on April 18th, at 10 PM UTC
videos | FS3 | FS3 Wiki | Ratings | Calendar | Universe Manager 2 | Sandbox
65536 progress: ~13.08% @ 97d (0y 3m 5d) [03/18/2024] {8572/65536}

:P:|:o

realicraft

A ball of Food-Maker is a thing in Fighting Doer 3, gotten by Making two Food-Maker-Grasses together. It can used to make a lot of heated foods.
it sure is 43.250.142.151       tbgforums.com time, i think, maybe,
ewow status: 2a has released yet; voting ends on April 18th, at 10 PM UTC
videos | FS3 | FS3 Wiki | Ratings | Calendar | Universe Manager 2 | Sandbox
65536 progress: ~13.08% @ 97d (0y 3m 5d) [03/18/2024] {8572/65536}

:P:|:o

PkmnQ

Quine list

PkmnQ

A normal language is a set of accepted words which can be noted as a normal expression.
What can a normal expression be? Well:
- A normal expression can accept nothing.
- A normal expression can accept an empty word.
- A normal expression can accept a single letter.
- A normal expression can accept putting together two other normal expressions, one after the other.
- A normal expression can accept something accepted by either of two normal expressions (or both).
- A normal expression can accept none or more of the same normal expression.
Quine list

Tymewalk

I have not seen this game in a long time! I am very happy to see this game again.

Maybe next time I send a new message for this game, I will explain something that is not simple using the simple words, as a harder thing to do. I see a few people before me have already done that.

solitaire

What to do in Word Sending Games

These may change, we will tell you about these changes as soon as they are made.

One: Telling Us Stuff
Tell us when people do things that do what we tell you not to do.
Tell us when people do things that you need to tell us about for another reason.
You can tell us when people do things at other times, like during cleanings.
Only tell us stuff when you should.

Two: Sending Words
Do not make things to tell people to play games in other places.
If people are sending words that have nothing to do with the game, send words that have something to do with it.
Be nice to everyone.
If people send words meant to create angry word sending, tell us about it.
If you want to make a game be alive again, only send words that continue the game.
Don't send words that have nothing to do with the game.
Don't do what the maker of the game tells you not to.

Three: Making The Player You'll Use
Do not make a player that only tries to sell people stuff. These players will be completely removed as soon as we see them.
Making another player when you already have one just to not do what a game maker tells you not to are not allowed. These players will be removed as soon as we notice them, and we will remove your main player if you do it again.

Thanks for playing Word Sending Games!

Byron_Inc_TBG

okay is a word you can use in this game
why is goer accepted
is it because it is go + thing
eh

DifferentDance8

Yes, I guess I would say so.
------
This game is slightly not easy, as you have to change your wording at times to fit with this thing.
out of all the changes i was expecting from the migration, actual bbcode without CABS and profile pictures were not one of them
-
hello. i am differentdance8. my scratch profile tells more information so uhh

PkmnQ

This talking place has a thing that allows you to change how your words look other than having boring normal words. The engine this talking place uses is very old and changes the look in a very bad way. Because of this, the look changer is turned off. Here is how the problem came about:

I was talking with someone here, and was going to tell them something about a certain look change, one that puts words in a box and tells you who said them. This "who-said" look change was especially bad, in that it checked for the start and end not at the same time, different from every single other look change.

By placing an empty look change in the "who-said" look change, the empty look change gets removed, and the "is this good and normal look changing" checker forgets to check that the "who-said" look change was started and never ended. It caused some very bad things to happen.

Later on, I checked other look-changes, and realized that it could be used for a lot more than just the "who-said" look change. I put a "go to other page" look change inside a "show a picture" look change, and it caused an even more bad thing to happen:

You could run anything when someone else is just trying to look at the talking place.
Quine list

Maew Nryang

To write names, say it using the first letter of a lot of words.
Try it: Top One Not Yes / But Run Our Win Not.
This idea comes from the good writing system, or Six Its The End Leg Ear New / Pop Own Now And.
Please only use it to write names.
*See XKCD 1688.
Hi. My name is Maew Nryang. Please call me "Maew", not "Nryang".
NEW GAME: https://tbgforums.com/forums/index.php?topic=6658.0