News:

The moderation team is holding a poll on the topic of the site's connection to Scratch. More details can be found here. Your feedback is appreciated.

Main Menu

The Duskward March

Started by Wolfslime123, May 15, 2022, 02:26:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wolfslime123

The undead armies of the Starlit banner have won. You fought with valor and courage, but in the end you failed to protect the nation.

Still you have a chance to take one small victory. The Dawn Army marches westward towards the setting sun in retreat. If it makes it to the sea, it can outrun the horrors of the Starlit and reach allies, buying a precious chance of reclaim, as well as saving anyone who survives the march.

This game is GMed, and is played out in days.
In the Morning, volunteers sign up for missions. You may risk your life for the sake of the rest of us.
At Noon, we march.
In the Evening, we make camp.
At Night, the enemy attacks in full, and we endure.

You have two stats. Renown and Fatigue.
Fatigue represents your health, both mental and physical. Pain, stress, despair, exhaustion. You gain fatigue when you must take up arms for the Dawn Army and when you endure for the sake of others. When you take part in a conflict, you make a death check, a 1d10-5 is rolled. If you roll under your fatigue, you die in combat.
At the end of the day, you can remove one fatigue for each of the following:
[list=*]
[li]Someone talked to you and it made you feel better about the current situation.[/li]
[li]You talked with someone about your hopes for the future.[/li]
[li]You spent time with someone you consider a close friend. [/li]
[li]You opened up to someone about your pain.[/li]
[/list]

Renown represents the respect and camaraderie you have from your fellow soldiers. Its used up when others in the Dawn Army help you. When others save your life, when others bear your shortcomings.
At the end of the day, you can give others one Renown for any of the following, two if they did it more than once:
[list=*]
[li]That person endured pain for your sake.[/li]
[li]That person saved your life.[/li]
[li]That person made you feel better.[/li]
[li]You learned something about that person.[/li]
[/list]
You can reduce anyone's Renown by 1 once per day by complaining to others about them.

The Dawn Army has three stats. Advantages, Progress, and Peril.
Advantages are the steps the Dawn Army keeps ahead of the Starlit horrors. Advantages are gained on missions.
While Advantages are fewer than Peril, no Progress can be made.
For every Advantage higher than Peril, everyone takes 1 less Stress.

Progress represents how close the Dawn Army is to salvation.
Spending 1 Advantage, 1 Progress is made during the march, which starts at noon.
When Progress reaches 10, the Dawn Army has reached the coast, and the small victory of retreat is achieved.

Peril represents the danger the Dawn Army is in. The forces of the Starlit banner approach at different speeds. The most fatal travel in the back, scorching whatever is left of the countryside.
For each Peril, everyone takes 1 fatigue when defending at Night.
When Peril overtakes Progress, the Starlit forces overtake the Dawn Army, and everyone dies.

There are three special actions anyone can take during the appropriate situation.

When the Dawn Army is making camp, you can:
Take time for yourself - reduce fatigue by up to 2. You lose Renown equal to the amount of fatigue you lose.If you take some time for yourself with someone else, both of you lose 1 extra fatigue.

When the Dawn Army is fighting, you can:
Assist someone else - Take any amount of Fatigue in their stead. They lose Renown.
Save a life - If someone fails a death check, you can take 3 Fatigue and roll a second death check afterwards. They lose Renown.

The Dawn Army is made up of veteran soldiers of the nation, criminal and citizen conscripts and volunteers, and refugees from the countryside. They come from all walls of life.
Name:
Backstory:*
Description:*

*Optional

Player Stats
Yours Truly,
\\/\/

Joyous Theta

Name: Julia
Description: Is mute because I think that might be fun to roleplay. Will likely make up a backstory as I go.

Wolfslime123

Quote from: Joyous ThetaName: Julia
Description: Is mute because I think that might be fun to roleplay. Will likely make up a backstory as I go.
Accepted.

We are 3 days ahead of the undead.

An officer stands on a box and calls the camped soldiers of this division to come together to hear today's assignments.
We need volunteers for a mission. We need to send a scouting party ahead so we can plot the safest route through the Starlit occupation.
It will give us 2 Advantages.
It will cost anyone on the mission 1 Fatigue.
Yours Truly,
\\/\/

Joyous Theta

((Will try not to post much until somebody else joins.))

Julia raises her hand to volunteer. Exploring seemed like a good idea to her.

((Am I supposed to be able to edit the player stats?))

Wolfslime123

Quote from: Joyous Theta((Will try not to post much until somebody else joins.))

Julia raises her hand to volunteer. Exploring seemed like a good idea to her.

((Am I supposed to be able to edit the player stats?))
I trust you guys to track your own.
Yours Truly,
\\/\/