News:

The moderation team plans to make revisions to the community guidelines. Detailed information about the changes can be found here. Your feedback is appreciated.

Main Menu

a Crown of Stars and Whispers

Started by Wolfslime123, May 07, 2022, 12:36:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wolfslime123

Temples are built for deities. Varash assembles the stones into a cairn altar, to see if deities can be summoned that way, and lays a few straws of wheat as tribute.

The next day Varash returns. There is something different about the cairn today, though she cannot tell what.

You are a deity, and you have been drawn from your slumber by aimless worship. Much has changed in the world since you were last awake. You may speak to your first priest.
Yours Truly,
\\/\/

Joyous Theta

((Guess I'll bite?))

"WHOM ARTE THOU THAT AWAKENS THY?"

Wolfslime123

Varash startles, then draws nearer to the shrine.

"Are you... a god? My name is Varash. I serve of the House" she says, voice barely a whisper.

You are a deity, but you are a deity of little. It has been an infinity since you last existed, and retain little of your conscious influence on the world. You carry within you only the power of words and ideas among your followers, of which you have one. A ruler of thought.
Yours Truly,
\\/\/

Joyous Theta

"...PERHAPS IN A WAY, BUT NOT OF MUCH."

Wolfslime123

"This is still more than I ever expected from building this shrine," she says, "Surely you must be very wise, though, to have watched the world for so long."

There is some commotion outside, and a look of fear passes through Varash's eyes. "Someone is coming and I can't be seen worshipping. I will return tomorrow," she says hastily.

The next day, Varash returns, and offers a small handful of dates as offering. She looks sad.
"Hello again, today the House sent out another band into the village to find worshippers again. My friend, Eshlie, was imprisoned for praying to Harvest."

You sense a boundless potential in this one. Whatever she does, she is sure to accomplish it. That is, so long as she does not carry doubt of herself in her heart, of which she does, very much.
Yours Truly,
\\/\/

Joyous Theta

"...WHY DOTH THIS 'HOUSE' FORSAKE OF WORSHIPERS?" the dirty asks curiously. Being a deity, they also are not quite sure what to do with Varash's tribute, but that is neither the most pressing matter at hand nor something that should doubt her further right now.

Wolfslime123

"I don't know," she says, "It has been like this as long as I know, but it began only a little time before I was born."

Varash thinks as she sits in mediative prayer. "The Council of the House hates the gods. They believe that gods weaken humans by making them subservient."

A row of thunder ripples faintly overhead. Storm is passing his hands over the land outside.
Yours Truly,
\\/\/