News:

The moderation team is holding a poll on the topic of the site's connection to Scratch. More details can be found here. Your feedback is appreciated.

Main Menu

Fighting Simulator 3: Subtitle

Started by realicraft, Apr 09, 2020, 01:52:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

solitaire

i continue to work on the house

i also begin to grow even more beetroots

realicraft

Skeledop - Turn 31
(this turns update might be delayed because i want to make a bunch of sprites for the website)
Quote from: Byron_Inc_TBGI harvest and replant.

I craft a set of gear out of some netherite I summon from thin air (allowed as said here).
I grab all my loose golden carrots and equip them as well.
I also grab a shield from the defense room.

(ooh cool that's a support)
(also ig remove my vote on structures that can move on their own, idk what was i doing)
Skill rolls: 2d20+6 = 14, 12 = 20, 18
You manage to harvest 6 Cans of Beans, 1 Golden Bean, and 6 Bags of Potatoes. (Your Gardening skill has gone up by 113%. Your Gardening skill has leveled up!)
Skill roll: 1d18 = 11
You spend a bunch of time trying to figure out why it isn't working before realizing that's not how you make Netherite gear. (Your Crafting skill went up by 50%.)
(Just so you know, giving yourself a bunch of strong gear all at once without a good reason probably violates the "no godmodding" rule. Maybe try something weaker?) (Again, I'll only punish breaking that rule if there's no way to logic up a failure.)
You equip 6 Golden Carrots from the Garden and 11 from the Storage Room, for a total of 17.
A Golden Carrot gives 0.3 Indirect Defense, so 17 gives... 3.49 Indirect Defense. Oh no, diminishing returns! (Partial bonuses round normally, so this is equal to +3.)
(The formula for this is; for every item in the stack, add 0.95 to the power of how many items came before it in the stack. So the 5th item would add 0.95 to the fourth power, or ~0.815. This is then multiplied by the base bonus of the food.)
(Golden Carrots are weak because they're easier to get than other golden foods, and because a buff to Indirect Defense is pretty strong.)
(If this seems badly balanced please tell me)
Note that the website displays the base gain, and not the actual one, because I can't really be bothered to figure out how to make it do that.
Effect roll: 1d20 = 20
Woah, is that a Diamond Shield!? (+2 Indirect Defense, +1 Direct Defense) (It's mostly wood.)
A support for what? There isn't a vote going on for usable abilities. You could start one, if that's something you want.
Noted.
Quote from: IncendiaryGamingHow does that even work?
I'll just continue on building the walls up, maybe start on the roof with some logs and stone.
Skill roll: 1d20+4 = 17+4 = 21
You succeed at making Sturdy Wooden Walls, and start on an Unfinished Roof. (Roof is 10% finished.) (Your Construction skill went up by 80%.)
Quote from: gilbert_given_TBGAh yes, the website is the most readable website I ever see in my life. The contrast is just great. Especially the mixed lighting themes!

Anyway, I collect some wood. (if possible)
You know, if you wanted to tell me the contrast was bad, there are better ways to do that. You didn't necessarily need to join the game just to tell me I'm bad at balancing things.
I think I've fixed it, though. (I also darkened the default table background color, if that's what you were complaining about.)
Skill roll: 1d20 = 20 (huh, 2 natural 20s in one turn)
You manage to chop down an entire tree, and obtain 3 Logs, 6 Planks, and 4 Sticks. (Your Chopping skill has gone up by 80%.)
Quote from: solitarei continue to work on the house

i also begin to grow even more beetroots
You continue working on your house. No, really, you should keep track of that.
Unfortunately, you cannot grow the same thing twice at one time.
Quote from: gilbert_given_TBGIf I can get woods, I use it to build a house.
Yes, wood does in fact help you with building a house.
Skill roll: 1d20 = 7
Your second attempt at getting wood doesn't go as well as the first; you obtain 3 Planks and 2 Sticks. (Your Chopping skill has gone up by 30%. Your Chopping skill has leveled up!)

Plants grow.
cheesyfriedeggs' Cabbage and Radishes are harvestable.
The Potted Bean Bush will rot away next turn. If anyone wants to save it, or use it as fertilizer, now's your last chance!

Website
(unfortunately i did not manage to make more sprites for the website)
it sure is 43.250.142.151       tbgforums.com time, i think, maybe,
ewow status: 2a has released yet; voting ends on April 18th, at 10 PM UTC
videos | FS3 | FS3 Wiki | Ratings | Calendar | Universe Manager 2 | Sandbox
65536 progress: ~13.08% @ 97d (0y 3m 5d) [03/18/2024] {8572/65536}

:P:|:o

sparkycinnamon

I harvest my cabbage and radishes.
I'm sparkycinnamon (formerly known as cheesyfriedeggs), but you can call me Cheesy, Spark, or Pipes. I like a lot of things, but the fandoms I am fixating on the most at the moment are object shows, Alphabet Lore, and KaBlam!.
non-binary (they/them but she/her is fine if we're close / omniromantic asexual / click here for some stuff about me / ;)

solitaire

i plant an orange (fruit) tree near my house

Byron_Inc_TBG

"Huh, fine. Guess I'll summon some iron gear then."
can't you just mine for them
"Oh, ya."
I eat a few bags of potatoes to refill my health (Keep eating until my health is above 95), equip the extra golden carrot lying in my storage room, and begin to make an excavator (1/10) (Number can jump).

(The excavator is a machine that can mine a decently big chunk of land. It is very useful for mining. However, 3 health will be consumed per use. It only activates when someone is controlling it - and it can also deal some damage if I crush it over someone.)
eh

solitaire

i summon a set of steel armor and a sword because that's apparently allowed

Incendiary

Just another internet user and anime transbian catgirl cosplaying as Sakuya Izayoi for April. If you were looking for something interesting here, you've come to the wrong place.

My discord is Incendiary__ and you can join my server at https://discord.gg/k2ywUzBAED
My Twitch channl is available at https://twitch.tv/incendiaryoce

realicraft

Skeledop - Turn 32
sorry about the skeledop being late, i fell asleep
Quote from: cheesyfriedeggsI harvest my cabbage and radishes.
Skill roll: 2d20 = 15, 3
You harvest 5 Cabbages, and fail to harvest any radishes. (Your Gardening skill went up by 64%. Your Gardening skill leveled up!)
Quote from: solitarei plant an orange (fruit) tree near my house
You plant an Orange Tree by your house.
(A tree will require some time to grow, then it will start producing fruit at the same rate as other plants. A tree can be destroyed by getting a critical miss.)
Quote from: Byron_Inc_TBG"Huh, fine. Guess I'll summon some iron gear then."
can't you just mine for them
"Oh, ya."
I eat a few bags of potatoes to refill my health (Keep eating until my health is above 95), equip the extra golden carrot lying in my storage room, and begin to make an excavator (1/10) (Number can jump).

(The excavator is a machine that can mine a decently big chunk of land. It is very useful for mining. However, 3 health will be consumed per use. It only activates when someone is controlling it - and it can also deal some damage if I crush it over someone.)
I- Are you trying to have a second character? Could you guys stop with the multiple characters? It's starting to get annoying.
You don't have any Bags of Potatoes. You do, however, have non-bagged Potatoes. You eat four, and gain 5 HP each, for a total of 20 HP.
(It doesn't really make sense for a whole bag of potatoes to have the same healing ability as, say, a single radish, so crops now yield single items, unless a single item would be too small to reasonably restore 5 HP (such as beans or berries).)
You can't equip Golden Carrots and an Enchanted Golden Carrot at the same time.
The Excavator will likely use the operator's Mining skill, with a bonus to item yield; I'm assuming the health consumed is the Excavator's health? Also, it'll be quite slow, and thus easy for someone to dodge. Assuming they do so.
Quote from: solitarei summon a set of steel armor and a sword because that's apparently allowed
You do that, and do nothing with it.
The equipment disappears at the end of the post, like all summoned equipment.
(Basically, you can summon an item to use it in that post. The item can be used as though you actually had it, but disappears at the end of your post.)
Quote from: IncendiaryGamingContinue construction
You continue working on the Unfinished Roof.
Skill roll: 1d20+4 = 13+4 = 17
You finish the Roof. (Your Construction skill goes up by 55%.)

Plants grow.
solitare's Beetroot is harvestable.
The Canned Ban Bush finally rots away. Alas, it's legacy ends he- hey, are those some Empty Cans?

Website

Byron_Inc_TBG

(No that's some inner thinking)
(Both the excavator and the operator's health)

I keep building the excavator. (4/10)
eh

sparkycinnamon

I'm sparkycinnamon (formerly known as cheesyfriedeggs), but you can call me Cheesy, Spark, or Pipes. I like a lot of things, but the fandoms I am fixating on the most at the moment are object shows, Alphabet Lore, and KaBlam!.
non-binary (they/them but she/her is fine if we're close / omniromantic asexual / click here for some stuff about me / ;)

realicraft

Skeledop - Turn 33
Quote from: Byron_Inc_TBG(No that's some inner thinking)
(Both the excavator and the operator's health)

I keep building the excavator. (4/10)
Ah, I see.
Skill roll: 1d20 = 15
You manage to add an additional charge to the building, bringing it from 2/10 to 3/10. (Your Construction skill has gone up by 65%.)
(Sure, the number can jump - but not that far, and only with reason.)
Quote from: cheesyfriedeggsI plant some corn.
Corn planted.

Plants grow.
solitare's Beetroot ripens.

I think the vote for structures that can act on their own is over.
Votes received: 1 No
Guess that's not happening.

Website
(Sorry about this update being late, I fell asleep.)

Incendiary

I begin making an underground garage that fits the tank as well as having enough room for future expansion.
Just another internet user and anime transbian catgirl cosplaying as Sakuya Izayoi for April. If you were looking for something interesting here, you've come to the wrong place.

My discord is Incendiary__ and you can join my server at https://discord.gg/k2ywUzBAED

solitaire

i harvest the beetroots for the nth time

Byron_Inc_TBG

ookay

I work hard on the excavator, trying to complete more than 10% of it this turn. (I don't even know anymore/10)
eh

realicraft

Skeledop - Turn 34
"plot when" -  no-one, surprisingly
Woah, new stuff
Some new things have been added to the website for FS3:
- an icon in the header signifying it as the header for fs3 (i'm planning it making the effects page be for all of fightsim)
- vote sessions now have borders to make it easier to see which one's which
- vote sessions now have icons signifying whether it passed, failed, or is in progress
- some title text and alt text
- a new time and weather box in the top-right, showing the current turn and weather
(remember, it's night right now)
Quote from: IncendiaryGamingI begin making an underground garage that fits the tank as well as having enough room for future expansion.
You do that.
Quote from: solitarei harvest the beetroots for the nth time
Skill roll: 1d20 = 15
You harvest 5 Ripe Beetroot. (Your Gardening skill has gone up by 65%. Your Gardening level has gone up!)
Quote from: Byron_Inc_TBGookay

I work hard on the excavator, trying to complete more than 10% of it this turn. (I don't even know anymore/10)
Skill roll: 1d20 = 5
The Excavator's completion is now at (4/10).

Plants grow.
Byron's Beans and Potatoes are now harvestable.

Website
Not much is happening, huh?
...Anyone up for some weather?

Byron_Inc_TBG

I collect and replant my plants and keep working on the excavator. (5/10)

(Also I don't really understand the table in the gardens section)
eh

realicraft

Skeledop - Turn 35
wh-where'd everyone go
better question, where'd i go
Quote from: Byron_Inc_TBGI collect and replant my plants and keep working on the excavator. (5/10)

(Also I don't really understand the table in the gardens section)
(Your Construction skill went up by 25%.) (i forgot to give xp last turn)
Skill roll: 2d20+8 = 7, 18 = 15, 26
You harvest 5 Cans of Beans, 7 Potatoes, and 2 Golden Potatoes. (Your Gardening skill went up by 117%.)
Skill roll: 1d18 = 1
Oh no! The completion goes back down to (3/10)! (Your Construction skill went up by 10%. Your Construction skill leveled up!)
The table seems fine to me. It's just the plant's name, its growth completion, what turn it was planted, and how many items are on the ground by the plant, ready for anyone to pick up.
By the way, does anyone want those 3 empty cans?

Not much happened this turn, so I start baking some more cookies.

Plants grow.
Byron's Golden Carrots are harvestable.
cheesy's Cabbage and Radishes are harvestable.

It starts raining.

Website
sorry i'm late again, i fell asleep, again

Incendiary

Continue work on the garage, main focus is mining out stone and later refining it to make stone bricks.

sparkycinnamon

I harvest my cabbage and radishes.

Byron_Inc_TBG

I harvest my golden carrots and equip the extra golden carrots.
I then replant them.

Then I try to fix the excavator.
eh

realicraft

Skeledop - Turn 36
whoops
Quote from: IncendiaryGamingContinue work on the garage, main focus is mining out stone and later refining it to make stone bricks.
Skill roll: 1d20+4 = 13+4 = 17
This will probably come in handy when the garage is finished. Or you could put it towards completing the garage.
(Your Construction skill went up by 70%. Your Construction skill leveled up!)
Skill roll: 1d18 = 1
Oh no, a collapse!
Damage roll: 1d15+5 = 9+5 = 14
Defense roll: 1d5 = 5]
You take 14-5=9 damage.
(Your Mining skill went up by 10%.)
You don't have any stone to craft with... but maybe you could just summon some? (Using a thin-air item (you know, items you summon from thin air that disappear at the end of the post) incurs a penalty to the roll, so you generally want to use actual items.)
You make 3 Stone Blocks out of thin air to craft with.
Skill roll: 1d16-6* = 6-6 = 1**
Wow, you're doing terribly today! Anyway, you fail to craft anything.
(Your Crafting skill went up by 10%.)
Quote from: cheesyfriedeggsI harvest my cabbage and radishes.
Skill rolls: 2d20+2 = 2, 7 = 4, 9
You narrowly avoid destroying all your Cabbage, and harvest one head of it.
You also harvest 3 Radishes.
(Your Gardening skill went up by 45%.)
Quote from: Byron_Inc_TBGI harvest my golden carrots and equip the extra golden carrots.
I then replant them.

Then I try to fix the excavator.
(Remember, replanting a crop is automatic unless you specify otherwise.)
Skill roll: 1d20+8 = 5+8 = 13
You harvest, and equip, 4 Golden Carrots.
The Golden Carrots now grants you +3.96 (4) Indirect Defense, up from +3.49 (3).
(Your Gardening skill went up by 55%.)
Skill roll: 1d20+2 = 12+2 = 14
The completion is now at (4/10). (Your Construction skill went up by 60%.)

Plants grow.
It's raining, so each plant has a 10% chance*** to grow an extra turn.
Rain roll: 8d10 = 7, 1, 1, 3, 3, 2, 8, 9
No plants grow an extra turn.

Rain also has a chance to make things get Soaked.
Each structure exposed to the surface has a 5% chance of getting Soaked, while players have a 10% chance. (AFK players are excluded.)
Rain roll: 9d20 + 6d10: (14, 14, 2, 8, 15, 2, 15, 12, 15), (1, 5, 10, 6, 7, 8)
None of the structures get Soaked, but Byron does.

Website
For some reason, you can't help but feel like someone's made a grave mistake...
(Don't worry, it's not any of you.)

*When using a thin-air item, the penalty incurred is 2 per item. This is reduced to 1.5 per item (rounded up) if you have Proficiency in the skill, and to 1 per item if you have Mastery.
**You can't ever roll below 1.
***If this would cause a plant to start rotting, then the chance is instead 0%.

solitaire

i continue construction of house

also add my house to website (me and incendiary's things are seperate, if they aren't that's an oversight)

i also plant more beetroots

Byron_Inc_TBG

i'd better not risk electroducing my excavator

I'm just gonna plant some Notch Apples.
eh

realicraft

Skeledop - Turn 37
What do you guys think boosts to skill rolls should be capped at? Right now, the only source of a boost is having levels in that skill, but starting this update you'll be able to gain boosts from equipment as well. (The current max right now is +3 to either Mining or Chopping, from equipping a Diamond Pickaxe or Axe, respectively.) I think a good cap would be +20 (think +15 from skill levels, +5 from other sources), but what do you guys think? (The minimum will be +15.)
Also, do you guys have any ideas on things to add? I'm planning on making a Buffs page and a Digging skill, along with possibly a glossary/info page, or a Features page, but I'd like to hear from you guys.
Quote from: solitarei continue construction of house

also add my house to website (me and incendiary's things are seperate, if they aren't that's an oversight)

i also plant more beetroots
Sorry about that. I think the reason your house (not mentioned since turn 32) wasn't in the Structures page was because you didn't give a concrete completion.
So let's put it at (4/5), okay?
(Incendiary's Underground Garage now has a completion of (3/8) (the roll of 17 has been used up for this))
(Should I just get rid of the "Created On"?)
Quote from: Byron_Inc_TBGi'd better not risk electroducing my excavator

I'm just gonna plant some Notch Apples.
You use your last plant slot to plant a Golden Apple Tree.
You're Soaked, and get water on the tree.
Water roll: 1d10 = 2
The tree does not get an extra growth cycle.

reali's cookies are done.
Skill roll: 1d20 = 1
Effect roll: 1d2 = 1
The oven explodes.
Damage roll: 1d10+10 = 8+10 = 18
Defense roll: 1d5 = 2
realicraft takes 18-2=16 damage from the explosion, gets set On Fire from the explosion, and starts Bleeding from the shrapnel.
(Your Cooking skill has gone up by 10%.)

It's raining.
Plant roll: 9d10 = 8, 8, 8, 7, 7, 2, 2, 7, 10
solitare's Orange Tree grows from the rain.
Fire roll: 1d10 = 5
No fires get put out.
Structure roll: 9d20 = 17, 14, 1, 3, 2, 7, 2, 19, 16 (Fortress Moat, Fortress Tank, Fortress Turrets, Reinforced Wall, Campfire, War Tank, Under-Construction House, solitare's House, Excavator)
No Structures get soaked.
Player roll: 6d10 = 1, 8, 8, 7, 5, 4
No players get soaked.

Plants grow.
cheesyfriedeggs' Corn is ripe.
solitare's Beetroot is harvestable.

realicraft takes 9 damage from On Fire and Bleeding.
Fire roll: 1d10 = 5
None of realicraft's items burn.

Byron's Soaked ticks down.

Website
Kris Get The Banana