News:

The moderation team plans to make revisions to the community guidelines. Detailed information about the changes can be found here. Your feedback is appreciated.

Main Menu

Fighting Simulator 3: Subtitle

Started by realicraft, Apr 09, 2020, 01:52:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Incendiary

Continue manufacturing the very futuristic war tank
Just another internet user and anime transbian catgirl dealing with the boring dystopia that is our society. If you were looking for something interesting here, you've come to the wrong place.

My discord is Incendiary__ and you can join my server at https://discord.gg/k2ywUzBAED
My Twitch channl is available at https://twitch.tv/incendiaryoce

solitaire

as the beetroots grow (1/3), i install wheels onto my house
hi!

Byron_Inc_TBG

I make a barrier wall fir my crops.
eh

realicraft

Turn 21 - Skeledop
Hey, remember this game?
Quote from: IncendiaryGamingContinue manufacturing the very futuristic war tank
...not going to keep track? Okay, then.
Quote from: solitareas the beetroots grow (1/3), i install wheels onto my house
The Dirt and Stone House is now a Dirt and Stone House with Wheels.
Quote from: Byron_Inc_TBGI make a barrier wall fir my crops.
The Barrier Wall has been added to your Garden.
Quote from: Joyous ThetaThank goodness my rocket's going over the barrier wall and not through it, should still be capable of delivering the ice as usual.

I continue the work on the cool bean farm (9/10).
Well, we'll have to wait to see what happens, considering the rocket is still in the air. (1/3)

The nuke, which no-one seems to have cared about, has hit that island in the distance with people on it. ...well, now it's that island in the distance that used to have people on it. Actually, we need a better name for it. Seeing as it's the first of three, maybe Unisland? And that other island in the distance can be called Bisland, and this island, the one you're on, can be called Trisland.

Oh, right, the shockwave.
Attack roll: 8d25+5: 8, 18, 21, 21, 22, 26, 15, 22 (i guess random.org likes 16 and 17 today
Defense roll: 8d5*: 2, 4, 1, 5, 3, 2, 1, 3
In order: realicraft takes 8-2=6 damage, Joyous Theta takes 18-4=14 damage**, IncendiaryGaming takes 21-0=21 damage, Byron_Inc_TBG takes 21x(2/3)†=14 damage, cheesyfriedeggs takes 22-3=19 damage, solitare takes 26-2=24 damage, Faressain takes 15-0=15 damage, and LeopardyLeaf takes 22-3=19 damage.
As for the plants:
Attack roll: 1d25+5: 16
The Barrier Wall takes the bulk of the damage for Byron's plants. (84/100)
All other plants are damaged by the shockwave, causing them to not grow this turn.
Finally, structures:
Attack roll: 6d20+4: 13, 11, 5, 18, 11, 7
The Plastic Container Filled with Frozen Beans is knocked into the sea, and floats away on the waves. Alas, poor beans.
The Lighting Rod is damaged by the shockwave, but still functions by virtue of it just being a metal stick.
The People-Firing Cannon is somehow completely unaffected by the shockwave†*.
The Base Under the Island is unaffected due to being under the island.
The Fortress is protected by the Fireproof/Explosionproof Wall, which is destroyed.
The Dirt and Stone House with Wheels is pushed off the island by the shockwave, and crumbles on contact with the water. Maybe those wheels weren't the best idea.
The Wall is damaged a little by the shockwave, but is mostly intact.

...while you're in shock about all the damage, is now a good time to mention I was lying about FS3 being a continuity reboot, and that it's actually occurring concurrently with FS1/FS2?

Website
I'll update the timeline tomorrow. ...well, today, since it's around 12:45 AM Sunday. My bad.

*Everyone has 5 defense, so I just combined the rolls.
**Somehow, the shockwave reaches the North Pole, despite otherwise being contained to the three islands. The most likely reason for this is either "Theta's been at the North Pole too long and should take damage at some point" or "I forgot Theta was at the North Pole when making the rolls."
†If you get a crit, you will either only take two-thirds of the damage, or take only as much damage as you would if you got the same number, but not as a crit, depending on which reduces damage more. Note that this requires taking at least 18 damage for the first to take affect, and that number increases by 3 for every point of defense, meaning that, except for unusually powerful attacks, getting a crit on a defense roll won't really do anything special.
†*It's still possible to get a Critical Miss even if you have a flat boost to a roll.
it sure is 43.250.142.151       tbgforums.com time, i think
ewow status: 1a has released yet; voting has ended
videos | FS3 | FS3 Wiki | Ratings | Calendar | Universe Manager 2 | Sandbox
65536 progress: ~13.08% @ 97d (0y 3m 5d) [03/18/2024] {8572/65536}

:P:|:o

Byron_Inc_TBG

I rebuild the fireproof/explosionproof wall, and make it waterproof, electroproof (wait what), and most importantly, shockwave-proof.
I also repair my barrier wall.
eh

solitaire

i somehow end up in the north pole
the only things that can be used for resources are fish, ice, polar bears, and seals
probably
i find a sharp icicle to use for hunting stuff and fishing
hi!

Incendiary

The War Tank's construction is at the final stage now.
Just another internet user and anime transbian catgirl dealing with the boring dystopia that is our society. If you were looking for something interesting here, you've come to the wrong place.

My discord is Incendiary__ and you can join my server at https://discord.gg/k2ywUzBAED

Byron_Inc_TBG

I build another layer of everything-proof (yep that's what I called the improved version) walls (1/2).
I prepare, upgrade and add weapons to my fortress.
I also dig a moat around my castle (1/3).
eh

Byron_Inc_TBG

(ngv) skeledop where
eh

realicraft

Skeledop - Turn 22
how did i forget this
Quote from: Byron_Inc_TBGI rebuild the fireproof/explosionproof wall, and make it waterproof, electroproof (wait what), and most importantly, shockwave-proof.
I also repair my barrier wall.
That's a lot of proofs. This might take a while. (1/3)
Quote from: solitarei somehow end up in the north pole
the only things that can be used for resources are fish, ice, polar bears, and seals
probably
i find a sharp icicle to use for hunting stuff and fishing
Skill roll: 1d20-5(No tool) = 20-5 = 15
Somehow you end up at the North Pole?!?!?
Unfortunately you spawn above the ground.
Fall damage roll: 1d5+10 = 1+10 = 11
You stick the landing. (It was a Critical Miss.)
Skill roll: 1d20 = 16
You find an Icicle.
Quote from: Joyous ThetaI'm not sure how you expect to suddenly wind up at the North Pole, there's a people firing cannon you can use to get here though if you want to.

I finish the bean farm and plant many cans of beans (10/10), starting with unpotting the potted canned bean bush and moving it into the farm.

Afterwards, I set up a fishing net in the hopes that the plastic container filled with frozen beans eventually randomly drifts into it.
You plant the Canned Bean Bush.
(As a bush, it behaves a little differently: It needs to reach 5 to be harvestable, but starts at 2 after you replant it. Since it's already grown, it starts at 2.)
(Canned Beans are hardy and last an extra turn before rotting.)
The Fishing Net has been created... at the North Pole?
Quote from: IncendiaryGamingThe War Tank's construction is at the final stage now.
The
WHAT
(No, really. Could you explain?)
Quote from: Byron_Inc_TBGI build another layer of everything-proof (yep that's what I called the improved version) walls (1/2).
I prepare, upgrade and add weapons to my fortress.
I also dig a moat around my castle (1/3).
You're too busy with the first layer of walls to do any of that!
Quote from: Byron_Inc_TBG(ngv) skeledop where
Here it is!

The fact that people are going to the North Pole, and thus out of range of everyone else, is starting to get annoying. And if everyone goes to the North Pole, we'd miss the plot! So I propose one of two things: either sending everyone back to Trisland, or making a portal between Trisland and the North Pole.
I myself vote for option A.
...yes, you're voting between them. You can also vote for none. Also we haven't had a vote since Turn 4???

The mushroom cloud above Unisland starts dissipating.

Plants grow.
The Spinach, Beans, Potatoes, Cabbage, and Radishes are all now harvestable.
LeopardyLeaf's Carrots ripen. Hurry, before it rots!

Website
...uh, you guys are paying attention to the plot, right? If you are, mention green beans somewhere in your post so I know.

solitaire

i vote b

i attempt to carve a house out of the ice
hi!

sparkycinnamon

(I vote option A.)

I work on reinforcing my wall around my campfire. I also harvest the cabbage and radishes, while also thinking about green beans.
I'm sparkycinnamon (formerly known as cheesyfriedeggs), but you can call me Cheesy, Spark, or Pipes. I like a lot of things, but the fandoms I am fixating on the most at the moment are object shows, Alphabet Lore, and KaBlam!.
non-binary (they/them but she/her is fine if we're close / omniromantic asexual / click here for some stuff about me / ;)

Byron_Inc_TBG

I vote for B.

I harvest and replant all my plants, eats the beans (probably green), and build my everything-proof wall. (2/3)

"What's what that mushroom clouds?"
eh

Incendiary

B
The War Tank should now be completed, equipped with regenerative energy ammo and self healing armour.

realicraft

Skeledop - Turn 23
(Note: this update was made out-of-order.)
Quote from: solitarei vote b

i attempt to carve a house out of the ice
Skill roll: 1d20 = 12
You manage to carve some sort of cave. It's kind of small. (Your Carving skill has gone up by 30%.)
Quote from: cheesyfriedeggs(I vote option A.)

I work on reinforcing my wall around my campfire. I also harvest the cabbage and radishes, while also thinking about green beans.
Skill roll: 1d20 = 19
The wall is now Reinforced, and is no longer slightly damaged. (Your Crafting skill has gone up by 70%.)
Skill roll: 2d20 = 13, 18
You harvest 4 Heads of Cabbage and 5 Bundles of Radishes. These have been placed by the garden. (Your Garening skill has gone up by 75%.) (I explained this in Turn 19, but I'll go over it again: "The formula used for exp gain when there are multiple rolls is avg(<exp gain for all rolls>)*((<rolls>+1)/2).")
Quote from: Byron_Inc_TBGI vote for B.

I harvest and replant all my plants, eats the beans (probably green), and build my everything-proof wall. (2/3)

"What's what that mushroom clouds?"
Skill roll: 3d20+4 = 6, 13, 19 = 10, 17, 23
You harvest 2 Bundles of Spinach, 4 Cans of Beans, 6 Potatoes, and 2 Golden Potatoes. (Your Gardening skill has gone up by 124%.)
You keep building the wall.
Quote from: IncendiaryGamingB
The War Tank should now be completed, equipped with regenerative energy ammo and self healing armour.
I-I'm sorry, the WHAT.
Uh, could you explain what you've been doing? Like is this a structure, or an inventory item, or something new. It is surprisingly weak, or is it so overpowered I need to play the "Not a Feature" card? What does it do? Does it have stats, or do we need to push it into the ocean to get rid of it? Really, could you please explain so I know what to do here?

I start baking cookies in the oven under Trisland, for no real reason.

The ongoing vote about dealing with the North Pole has been ended early. Normally, votes started during the update itself last for the two turns after the update, but this one will only last one, as it's caused... problems. I have changed my vote to B.
Votes received: 4 B, 1 A, 0 No, 5 Abstain. Option B passes.
The Portal has appeared on both Trisland and the North Pole.

The Damaged Lightning Rod, People-Firing Cannon, and Fishing Net have been removed from the game, as per request. (If you don't understand what this means, please note that the page count of this thread has shrunk to 5.)

Several entries, including votes, have been removed from the website, as per the same request. (I wish I didn't have to do this.)

Faressain and LeaopardyLeaf are now considered AFK.

Plants grow. The Golden Carrots and Beetroot are now harvestable.
The Carrots are now rotting. Whoops.

Website
.../FightSim/3/apology.txt 200 OK

Byron_Inc_TBG

I harvest my golden carrots and keep building my wall. (3/3)

If I have the time, I start digging a moat too. (1/3)
eh

Incendiary

Quote from: realicraft
I-I'm sorry, the WHAT.
Uh, could you explain what you've been doing? Like is this a structure, or an inventory item, or something new. It is surprisingly weak, or is it so overpowered I need to play the "Not a Feature" card? What does it do? Does it have stats, or do we need to push it into the ocean to get rid of it? Really, could you please explain so I know what to do here?
It's a vehicle, it can only attack 1 person at a time and cannot 1 shot people, nor can it attack from across the country. Yes, it has stats, you can set them yourself but keep it realistic for a tank.

solitaire

i return to trisland because the north pole is cold and scary
:(
hi!

realicraft

Skeledop - Turn 24
Guys, you need to tell me when I forget to update the website!
Quote from: Byron_Inc_TBGI harvest my golden carrots and keep building my wall. (3/3)

If I have the time, I start digging a moat too. (1/3)
Skill roll: 1d20+4 = 11+4 = 15
You harvest 5 bundles of Golden Carrots. (Your Gardening skill has gone up by 50%.)
You start digging.
Quote from: IncendiaryGaming
Quote from: realicraft
I-I'm sorry, the WHAT.
It's a vehicle, it can only attack 1 person at a time and cannot 1 shot people, nor can it attack from across the country. Yes, it has stats, you can set them yourself but keep it realistic for a tank.
I vaguely recall the vote for structures including stats (or at least health), so your tank will have... maybe 250 HP, 15 ATK, and 10 DEF? That sounds good. Then again, I've demonstrated that I'm terrible at balancing things...
The War Tank has been created, on the island. (i spent like an hour on the hud)
...actually, why don't we...
Skill roll: max(3d20) = max(2, 13, 6) = 13
The tank's pretty good, though there seem to be some dents. (-25 HP, -1 DEF)
(Your construction skill has gone up by 38%.) (...I mean, it's 3% greater than what you would get for just 13?)
Quote from: solitarei return to trisland because the north pole is cold and scary
:(
You are now at Trisland. ...congrats.

The cookies are still baking. (2/3)

I forgot to mention this last turn, but the mushroom cloud has dissipated. I don't think anything notable, or, well, visible, is going to happen until about Turn 41, maybe Turn 27 if you look hard enough.
Really, you can probably ignore the plot until Turn 70-ish, maybe 80. It's not like anything important's gonna happen.

Plants grow. By the way, anyone can take "loose' harvested plants.
The Beetroot has ripened.
The Carrots are now a pile of mush. It... might make good fertilizer?

Website
i wanted to try and post this earlier but got distracted by the bbcode extension i'm making for vscode

Byron_Inc_TBG

I grab and put all the loose plants and store them into the storage room.
Then I keep digging my moat. (2/3)
eh

Incendiary

See if I can fix those dents before going out to battle.

solitaire

hi!

realicraft

Skeledop | Turn 25
Quote from: Byron_Inc_TBGI grab and put all the loose plants and store them into the storage room.
Then I keep digging my moat. (2/3)
You do all that, and keep digging.
Quote from: IncendiaryGamingSee if I can fix those dents before going out to battle.
Skill roll: 1d20 = 17
You repair the dents. (+1 DEF, +25 HP) (Your Construction skill has gone up by 60%.) (It's now at 98%, just 2% away from level 1. Just in case you wanted to know.)
Quote from: solitarei harvest the beetroots
Skill roll: 1d20 = 5
You manage to harvest a single bundle of ripe beetroot.

The cookies are ready. (3/3)
Skill roll: 1d20 = 10
They're a little burnt, but they're otherwise okay.
Obtained the Tray of Cookies. (Your Cooking skill went up by 25%.)

I'm considering rebalancing the exp gains. For starters, the average exp gained per roll (at level 0) is about 32.25, which is pretty low. It would probably be better if it was around 50.
For levels 1 through 10, the average gain is as follows:
1| 41
 2| 50.25
 3| 59.75
 4| 69.25
 5| 78.5
 6| 83.25
 7| 87.75
 8| 92
 9| 96
10| 99.75
That is probably bad. The plan will likely just be "increase gain from lower rolls, decrease gain from higher rolls, rolls over 20 have a reward closer to 20's reward (right now the difference is 45%)"
But what do you guys think?
(You can turn it into a vote if you want.)

-Wait, why's it so dark all of the- oh wait it's nightime
...that's a thing here?

Website
sorry for posting this an hour and a half into sunday, i got distracted by: the bbcode extension again, checking the comments of my new mspfa adventure, trying to install courier, looking through font packages, trying to figure out why google wouldn't give me a calculator, getting those averages, dealing with github removing the ability to use passwords

Byron_Inc_TBG

(main page doesn't have a redirection to gardens)

I check upon my plants (they should be harvestable now, but the garden page says it's still at 1/3). If they are harvestable, I harvest and replant all of them, including the golden carrots.

Then I keep digging the moat. (3/3)

"Wait, I remember I finished building the everything-proof wall in Turn 24-"
eh

realicraft

Quote from: Byron_Inc_TBG(they should be harvestable now, but the garden page says it's still at 1/3)
It looks like I forgot to update the growth counts last turn. I'll fix this soon, along with the missing link.
(no this is not a skeledop)

Edit: the issue was fixed, though it looks like your plants are only at 2/3 (except the golden carrots, which are at 1/5 due to having been harvested in turn 24)