News:

The moderation team is holding a poll on the topic of the site's connection to Scratch. More details can be found here. Your feedback is appreciated.

Main Menu

Browser Wars!

Started by sanjayraj, Dec 07, 2012, 12:01:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Byron_Inc_TBG

eh

Maew Nryang

Quote from: TonyBrown148F1

Of course, you can use whatever browser you like. However, we can also use whatever browser we like.
*See XKCD 1688.
Hi. My name is Maew Nryang. Please call me "Maew", not "Nryang".
NEW GAME: https://tbgforums.com/forums/index.php?topic=6658.0

SuperKamekArea

ie1

Remember, the world will explode if this topic dies without ending in IE#
Every post with "C", "F", "O", or "S" followed by a number in the counters is making the world 1 step closer to exploding, as well as every minute the last post was "C", "F", "O", or "S", followed by any number (sorry that last message was explaining the wrong way), NC does count now, along with NF, NS, and NO, bypasses (such as the letter after) will count as the world about to explode, no type of bypass can prevent the world from exploding
Internet explorer may be outdated and unpopular, but the outdated part is why its less ram intensive and cpu intensive, because technology wasnt as advanced, the unpopularity is why hackers dont even target it also, your life is extremely rare, and i mean it, you probably wouldn't exist if typewriters took 1 more second to invent
Internet explorer has security vulnerabilities? So does google chrome, and firefox, and every internet browser, so i believe security cant be used as a reason to switch
Here are 3 reasons i won't switch
1. I don't want to switch
2. Even if i wanted to, i can't because my websites are internet explorer-only and i have no idea how to make a media player in macromedia flash professional 8, so it's staying activex for the music and wmv playback
3. I need all the toolbars (especially Bing Bar for the weather)
But the world WILL explode if it doesnt end with IE
Actually, internet explorer has less vulnerabilities (7 0-day vulnerabilities happened in google chrome in under a week if i recall correctly) Also, i actually prefer obsolete software, and yes, the world will actually explode if this topic dies without an IE post being the last, and if it doesn't die, there's a 1 year countdown until the world explodes (note: countdown may vary depending on everything)
The world will explode because the database of the TBGs will break down and the world has a bomb implemented from 2015 that if the TBGs database fails, then it will explode
PHP database functions were only tested with Internet Explorer, as it was 2007 when they were last updated, and internet browsers other than IE being used to do database-related stuff causes errors that usually don't manifest early on, but as time goes on they get more severe
But they use the firefox version of IE Tab to prevent it from breaking
Quote from: Byron_Inc_TBGC1

Where's Shpore when we need them
Shpore's on hiatus i think

你叫不醒装睡的人
"You can't wake up and pretend to sleep" (translated), I honestly have no idea how to interpret that, you cant pretend to sleep while sleeping
i'm still confused, multitasking should be possible for everyone
Quote from: TonyBrown148

Of course, you can use whatever browser you like. However, we can also use whatever browser we like.
What if google and mozilla shut down? You would be unable to use google chrome and mozilla firefox
My website won't work because the website automatically edits protocols you type (the problem with this shows when your website doesn't support https)
I prefer the radium theme

Switched to google redirect page, seems to work in IE8 on Vista, but not IE6 on XP... at least I made it possible to just click 2 hyperlinks and access my website... for some reason

Byron_Inc_TBG

You can't wake someone who is pretending to sleep up
It's a proverb (or is it a saying?)
eh

Maew Nryang

Quote from: TonyBrown148O1 (Brave)

Quote from: SuperKamekAreaWhat if Google and Mozilla shut down? You would be unable to use Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox
Are you saying that I only use Chrome and Firefox?
*See XKCD 1688.

SuperKamekArea

ie1

Every post with "C", "F", "O", or "S" followed by a number in the counters is making the world 1 step closer to exploding, as well as every minute the last post was "C", "F", "O", or "S", followed by any number (sorry that last message was explaining the wrong way), NC does count now, along with NF, NS, and NO, bypasses (such as the letter after) will count as the world about to explode, no type of bypass can prevent the world from exploding
Internet explorer may be outdated and unpopular, but the outdated part is why its less ram intensive and cpu intensive, because technology wasnt as advanced, the unpopularity is why hackers dont even target it also, your life is extremely rare, and i mean it, you probably wouldn't exist if typewriters took 1 more second to invent
Internet explorer has security vulnerabilities? So does google chrome, and firefox, and every internet browser, so i believe security cant be used as a reason to switch
2. Even if i wanted to, i can't because my websites are internet explorer-only and i have no idea how to make a media player in macromedia flash professional 8, so it's staying activex for the music and wmv playback
Actually, internet explorer has less vulnerabilities (7 0-day vulnerabilities happened in google chrome in under a week if i recall correctly) Also, i actually prefer obsolete software, and yes, the world will actually explode if this topic dies without an IE post being the last, and if it doesn't die, there's a 1 year countdown until the world explodes (note: countdown may vary depending on everything)
The world will explode because the database of the TBGs will break down and the world has a bomb implemented from 2015 that if the TBGs database fails, then it will explode
PHP database functions were only tested with Internet Explorer, as it was 2007 when they were last updated, and internet browsers other than IE being used to do database-related stuff causes errors that usually don't manifest early on, but as time goes on they get more severe

你叫不醒装睡的人
"You can't wake up and pretend to sleep" (translated), I honestly have no idea how to interpret that, you cant pretend to sleep while sleeping

What if google and mozilla shut down? You would be unable to use google chrome and mozilla firefox
How is acknowledgement of multitasking not allowed?
My website won't work because the website automatically edits protocols you type (the problem with this shows when your website doesn't support https)

Switched to google redirect page, seems to work in IE8 on Vista, but not IE6 on XP... at least I made it possible to just click 2 hyperlinks and access my website... for some reason

Byron_Inc_TBG

C1

Good luck with your selective listening
eh

Maew Nryang

Quote from: SuperKamekAreaWhat if google and mozilla shut down? You would be unable to use google chrome and mozilla firefox
How does this affect our freedom of choosing which browsers to use?
*See XKCD 1688.

SuperKamekArea

ie1

你叫不醒装睡的人

isn't selective listening where you focus on one specific thing, its extremely important that we prevent the world from exploding by using internet explorer

Maew Nryang

F1

Ahh, yes, the world will explode in 1000000000000000000000000000000000000 AD if we don't end in, IE, satisfied?
*See XKCD 1688.

SuperKamekArea

ie1

你叫不醒装睡的人

isn't selective listening where you focus on one specific thing, its extremely important that we prevent the world from exploding by using internet explorer

Ahh, yes, the world will explode in 1000000000000000000000000000000000000 AD if we don't end in, IE, satisfied?
No, too long, it can't be more than a year

Maew Nryang

F1

Ahh, yes, the world already exploded, but the foundation used SCP-2000 to recreate the world, satisfied?
*See XKCD 1688.

SuperKamekArea

ie1

你叫不醒装睡的人

Ahh, yes, the world already exploded, but the foundation used SCP-2000 to recreate the world, satisfied?
Yes because the recreated version is the one with the IE only bomb, and the original exploded from a failed experiment of roblox-style nukes

PkmnQ

C1

This game exists, therefore I will play it.
This was a thing I tried to do, but insert mess of a sentence here. Also, I'm a vowelless neither transparent nor translucent mammal of the genus Neogale, I guess. :/ B)
The future experience must be anticipated beforehand to ensure proper expectations.
Tip: Use c͢ombining cha͊racters, because ye᷂s.
Quine list

Threads that I think should be played more (found in the Infinite Flood): link chain

Byron_Inc_TBG

eh

TwilightSeleneMisty

My new account is ChaoticControversies.

SuperKamekArea

ie1

你叫不醒装睡的人

Yes because the recreated version is the one with the IE only bomb, and the original exploded from a failed experiment of roblox-style nukes

Byron_Inc_TBG

C1

搞错了,你这是断章取义
eh

SuperKamekArea

ie1

你叫不醒装睡的人

搞错了,你这是断章取义
"Wrong, you're taking it out of context" (translated), but how am i taking it out  of context?

Byron_Inc_TBG

eh

redgreenandblue

Byron_Inc_TBG

eh

Byron_Inc_TBG

eh