News:

The moderation team plans to make revisions to the community guidelines. Detailed information about the changes can be found here. Your feedback is appreciated.

Main Menu

TBG Senate (Nomic ReReRevival?)

Started by redgreenandblue, Jul 19, 2021, 03:58:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

redgreenandblue

Rules:
Rule 1. Anybody can propose for a rule to be added to this game.
Rule 2. After a rule is proposed everybody can vote on it for 72 hours.
Rule 3. If, after the 3 days are up, the proposed rule receives more "Yes" votes than "No" votes, the rule is sent to the president.
Rule 4. The president has 24 hours to veto the rule. If the president does not veto the rule, it passes as an official rule to this game.
Rule 5. Amendments can be proposed to established rules, which will be voted on using the same method as rule proposals.
Rule 6. Controversial topics should not be allowed in this topic.
Rule 7. After a rule passes the senate, the president can sign it to instantly make it official.
Rule 8. Anyone can propose for a rule to be abolished. This will be voted on using the same method as adding and amending rules.
Rule 9. Anyone can propose an amendment to the rules of President of the TBGs. All proposals must be made in this topic, and will be voted on using the same method as rule proposals for this topic.
🌱

redgreenandblue

Proposed Rule:
Amendments can be proposed to established rules, which will be voted on using the same method as rule proposals.
Reply Yes or No to vote on this rule
🌱

PkmnQ

This was a thing I tried to do, but insert mess of a sentence here. Also, I'm a vowelless neither transparent nor translucent mammal of the genus Neogale, I guess. :/ B)
The future experience must be anticipated beforehand to ensure proper expectations.
Tip: Use c͢ombining cha͊racters, because ye᷂s.
Quine list

Threads that I think should be played more (found in the Infinite Flood): link chain

Byron_Inc_TBG

Quote from: redgreenandblue
Proposed Rule:
Amendments can be proposed to established rules, which will be voted on using the same method as rule proposals.
Reply Yes or No to vote on this rule
Yes
eh

realicraft

it sure is 43.250.142.151       tbgforums.com time, i think
ewow status: 1a has released yet; voting has ended
videos | FS3 | FS3 Wiki | Ratings | Calendar | Universe Manager 2 | Sandbox
65536 progress: ~13.08% @ 97d (0y 3m 5d) [03/18/2024] {8572/65536}

:P:|:o

Byron_Inc_TBG

32 hours in, 40 to go.

Suggestion:
Controversial topics should not be allowed in this topic.
eh

realicraft

Quote from: Byron_Inc_TBGSuggestion:
yes

PkmnQ

This was a thing I tried to do, but insert mess of a sentence here. Also, I'm a vowelless neither transparent nor translucent mammal of the genus Neogale, I guess. :/ B)
The future experience must be anticipated beforehand to ensure proper expectations.
Quine list

Threads that I think should be played more (found in the Infinite Flood): link chain

redgreenandblue

Quote from: Byron_Inc_TBGControversial topics should not be allowed in this topic.
yes

another proposal:
The President can ban any TBGer from participating in this topic for 24 hours if they are found breaking the rules
🌱

realicraft

Quote from: redgreenandblueanother proposal:
The President can ban any TBGer from participating in this topic for 24 hours if they are found breaking the rules
that seems kinda harsh, so i vote no

Byron_Inc_TBG

Quote from: redgreenandblur
No.
eh

redgreenandblue

Passed the Senate
The rule regarding amendments has passed the Senate with 3 "yes" votes and 0 "no" votes. The current president is gilbert_given_tbg. If gilbert wants to veto this rule he just has to let us know in this topic. If gilbert does not veto this rule by 18:02 UTC on July 22nd, the rule becomes an official rule to the game. (4 days after the rule was proposed, or 1 day after the vote ended)

(I'll try my best to notify the president with a post like this when a rule proposal was passed, but I won't be able to all the time)
🌱

PkmnQ

Quine list

redgreenandblue

The rule regarding amendments is now official!

Also this rule passed the senate about 12 hours ago with 3 yes votes and 0 no votes.
Again, gilbert can veto this until 96 hours after the rule was first proposed (so about 12 hours left)

I propose another rule:
After a rule passes the senate, the president can sign it to instantly make it official.
Basically so we don't have to wait 24 hours every time.
I guess a signature could just be quoting the post and adding -redgreenandblue or something, but I didn't think that was necessary to include in the text of the rule.
🌱

realicraft

Quote from: redgreenandblueI propose another rule:
After a rule passes the senate, the president can sign it to instantly make it official.
I guess a signature could just be quoting the post and adding -redgreenandblue or something, but I didn't think that was necessary to include in the text of the rule.
yes

PkmnQ

Yes
Quine list

Byron_Inc_TBG

Yes
eh

redgreenandblue

The rule that would allow the president to temporarily ban rule-breakers has failed to pass the senate with 0 yes votes and 2 no votes.
The rule regarding controversial topics received no veto and is now official.

imo eventually we will need a way to incentivize people to not break the rules, but maybe a ban is a bit much (in hindsight it would probably give the president too much power anyway)
🌱

Byron_Inc_TBG

Suggestion: Community service - posting on a topic an amount of times
eh

redgreenandblue

Quote from: Byron_Inc_TBGSuggestion: Community service - posting on a topic an amount of times
I like this idea, but there would also need to be a way to enforce that. Maybe they can't propose new rules until community service is up or something.

Anyways, the following rule has passed the senate with 3 yes votes and 0 no votes:
Passed
The new president, realicraft, has about 23 hours to veto this rule. If not, it will become official.

I'd also like to propose this:
Anyone can propose for a rule to be abolished. This will be voted on using the same method as adding and amending rules.
🌱

PkmnQ

Quote from: redgreenandblue
Quote from: Byron_Inc_TBGSuggestion: Community service - posting on a topic an amount of times
I like this idea, but there would also need to be a way to enforce that. Maybe they can't propose new rules until community service is up or something.

Anyways, the following rule has passed the senate:
Passed
The new president, realicraft, has about 23 hours to veto this rule. If not, it will become official.

I'd also like to propose this:
Anyone can propose for a rule to be abolished. This will be voted on using the same method as adding and amending rules.
Yes, and I would like to add being able to modify rules as well as abolish them. Can I do that?
Quine list

redgreenandblue

Quote from: PkmnQYes, and I would like to add being able to modify rules as well as abolish them. Can I do that?
Rule 5 covers this :)
At any time you can propose an amendment/modification to an already established rule.
🌱

PkmnQ

Quine list

realicraft

uh i think time ran out on

redgreenandblue

oh yeah whoops
hope you didn't plan to veto that

I'll update when I get off work
🌱