News:

The moderation team plans to make revisions to the community guidelines. Detailed information about the changes can be found here. Your feedback is appreciated.

Main Menu

Fighting Simulator 3: Subtitle

Started by realicraft, Apr 09, 2020, 01:52:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

solitaire

i go caving, trying to find diamonds
(why am i playing this like text-based minecraft)
oops i posted before finishing of skeldoop
hi!

sparkycinnamon

Quote from: realicraft
Quote from: cheesyfriedeggs
Quote from: Joyous Theta...You all know the skeledop hasn't been finished, right?
Yeah, I know. ;)
why
I just wanted to make a post for the next skeledop ahead of time. ;)
I'm sparkycinnamon (formerly known as cheesyfriedeggs), but you can call me Cheesy, Spark, or Pipes. I like a lot of things, but the fandoms I am fixating on the most at the moment are object shows, Alphabet Lore, and KaBlam!.
non-binary (they/them but she/her is fine if we're close / omniromantic asexual / click here for some stuff about me / ;)

Incendiary

Aight will wait fo turn to generate
Just another internet user and anime transbian catgirl dealing with the boring dystopia that is our society. If you were looking for something interesting here, you've come to the wrong place.

My discord is Incendiary__ and you can join my server at https://discord.gg/k2ywUzBAED
My Twitch channl is available at https://twitch.tv/incendiaryoce

sparkycinnamon

I'm sparkycinnamon (formerly known as cheesyfriedeggs), but you can call me Cheesy, Spark, or Pipes. I like a lot of things, but the fandoms I am fixating on the most at the moment are object shows, Alphabet Lore, and KaBlam!.
non-binary (they/them but she/her is fine if we're close / omniromantic asexual / click here for some stuff about me / ;)

LeopardyLeaf

Leopardy here! I love RPing and playing games on Scratch! :)

:D Partyparrot

Faressain

Quote from: realicraftTurn 17 - Skeledop
Leaving this one for the morning.
Fares, I think you have the wrong idea here. In-universe (can't believe i have to say that), Fighting Simulator isn't a game. It's a bunch of people, on an island, trying to fight eachother. Look, how about you //read%20FS1 and try to do something similar to what you did then. reading fs2 is just going to give you the wrong idea
As for you're points on species, I'd like you to explain how, say, a human could fly without wings, or a dog could pickup and use a sword. (Magic is probably going to end up overpowered if I "balance" it (badly).)
I feel like it would be best if species only affected the game in small but reasonable ways - which would require most, if not all, playable species to be humanoid. (Y'know, somewhat human-shaped?)
The stat idea sounds good, although I feel like something like, say, scales would provide a natural defense boost. Would probably limit stat changes to at most 10% off from standard. (claws would probably only apply an attack boost if you explicitly use them)
(Making a point there, human can create a plane or use a paraglider, and if any artpiece gives ponies (that ALSO have as much dexterity as dogs) ability to pick up and use swords, by wielding it in its mouth and moving it to swing. Then again, there's going to be difficulties for creation with one, and adapting with other.

Ret: You gotta be kidding me, Flask. You're arguing with Nef, and I still don't have my effin' post yet!? Hurry up!
Whoops. Sorry, will do it in a hour.

Also uh, your GMing style accidentally makes it feel for some people, like solitiare, that they're doing basically Minecraft, which is a game. Unless for some reason it becomes Destroy the Godmodder simulation. For example, how often do you fly to north pole IRL or stripmine for diamonds somehow?

Yeah, 10% deviation on HP/Attack, alternatively -1 def for +2 Attack and vice versa sounds fine-

Ret: Okay, I'm hijacking his profile up, and saying this. I approve of IBCMs with preferably nuclear pay-
Stop it! *kicks Retribution off*)

I continue settling up the small base ignoring any and all complaints or claims. Putting a blue flag there too, to mark the ownership. (3/12)
Priest units never get old. WOLOLO!

A fate can be changed, everything will change. A destiny is just a container that keeps the liquid in - in this case a person.
Raise your voice, and say it with Twilight Sparkle! I am a kitty cat and I'm steppin' on pillow, steppin' steppin' on pillow, steppin' steppin' on pillow.

Have a twili-meow! /On discord as Vardaril#1783

Byron_Inc_TBG

I harvest my golden carrots and set up some turrets by the top floor (aka the roof) of my fortress.
eh

Incendiary

Move operations to a military base for now.
Just another internet user and anime transbian catgirl dealing with the boring dystopia that is our society. If you were looking for something interesting here, you've come to the wrong place.

My discord is Incendiary__ and you can join my server at https://discord.gg/k2ywUzBAED

solitaire

i end up provoking a skeleton while caving
(you can do 2 things in 1 turn, right)
hi!

Byron_Inc_TBG

eh

realicraft

Turn 18 - Skeledop
I'm thinking of changing the update schedule from "when i feel like it" to "two or three times a week"
mainly to give cool off time

Quote from: solitarei go caving, trying to find diamonds
Skill roll: 1d20 = 6
You find nothing but rock and disappointment. (Your Mining skill has increased by 10%.)
Quote from: cheesyfriedeggsI harvest the cabbage.
Skill roll: 1d20 = 2
Alas, you accidentally break it all. And it was ripe, too! At least there are still some seeds. (Your Gardening skill has increased by 5%.)
Quote from: LeopardyLeafI build a carrot farm.
The Carrot Plant has been created.
Quote from: Joyous ThetaI continue making the bean farm (5/10) before building an intercontinental rocket loaded with North Pole ice aimed at Byron's bean crop. (1/4)

((Maybe we should vote for some official farming support since everyone is doing that? Not sure what would be added since the current system seems to be fine but it's an idea.))
I feel like that's overpowered, but there's basically no other way for you to attack other players, so I'll let the missile slide (as long as it only targets part of the island.) Also how does a farm take longer to make than a missile?
As for the gardening support I'm going to move the plants to their own page on Sunday.
Quote from: Faressain
Quote from: realicraftTurn 17 - Skeledop
Leaving this one for the morning.
Fares, I think you have the wrong idea here. In-universe (can't believe i have to say that), Fighting Simulator isn't a game. It's a bunch of people, on an island, trying to fight eachother. Look, how about you //read%20FS1 and try to do something similar to what you did then. reading fs2 is just going to give you the wrong idea
As for you're points on species, I'd like you to explain how, say, a human could fly without wings, or a dog could pickup and use a sword. (Magic is probably going to end up overpowered if I "balance" it (badly).)
I feel like it would be best if species only affected the game in small but reasonable ways - which would require most, if not all, playable species to be humanoid. (Y'know, somewhat human-shaped?)
The stat idea sounds good, although I feel like something like, say, scales would provide a natural defense boost. Would probably limit stat changes to at most 10% off from standard. (claws would probably only apply an attack boost if you explicitly use them)
(Making a point there, human can create a plane or use a paraglider, and if any artpiece gives ponies (that ALSO have as much dexterity as dogs) ability to pick up and use swords, by wielding it in its mouth and moving it to swing. Then again, there's going to be difficulties for creation with one, and adapting with other.

Ret: You gotta be kidding me, Flask. You're arguing with Nef, and I still don't have my effin' post yet!? Hurry up!
Whoops. Sorry, will do it in a hour.

Also uh, your GMing style accidentally makes it feel for some people, like solitiare, that they're doing basically Minecraft, which is a game. Unless for some reason it becomes Destroy the Godmodder simulation. For example, how often do you fly to north pole IRL or stripmine for diamonds somehow?

Yeah, 10% deviation on HP/Attack, alternatively -1 def for +2 Attack and vice versa sounds fine-

Ret: Okay, I'm hijacking his profile up, and saying this. I approve of IBCMs with preferably nuclear pay-
Stop it! *kicks Retribution off*)

I continue settling up the small base ignoring any and all complaints or claims. Putting a blue flag there too, to mark the ownership. (3/12)
...what? Your post is confusing me. What's with the second person? Are you trying to provide commentary? Is that supposed to be a second character? I think I forgot to specify you only get one character, did that confuse you? (Probably assumed people would assume you only get one character.) You know, FS3 does have a plot. I've been hinting at it a few times. Remember when the islands blew up? Islands plural? (Don't worry about the plot not being revealed for a long time, it'll be front and center on Turn 21.) So, you probably shouldn't try to add your own plot, it'll just confuse things.
As for the rest of your post:
I feel like planes would be a bit overpowered, although you won't be able to visit the other islands until around Turn 60, for plot reasons. I'm telling you that in case you were going to try.
...makes it feel what?
One of the nice things about Fighting Simulator 3 is you can pretty much play how you want. Want to grow a bunch of food? Sure. Want to gather materials to improve your attack? Go for it. Want to go to the North Pole? That's a thing you can do. If solitare wants to go strip mining for weapon materials, they can. Also, you can summon things out of basically nowhere. I could summon a sword. Do you know anyone who can do that in real life?
Yeah, small stat variations would probably be okay. You still have to vote for playable species, though.
12 turns is a really long time to build a base. You should really go for something like 5 or 6. (Or you could ask someone to help, I guess. Might need to gain their trust first, though.)
Quote from: Byron_Inc_TBGI harvest my golden carrots and set up some turrets by the top floor (aka the roof) of my fortress.
Skill roll: 1d20 = 19
You harvest 6 bundles of Golden Carrots, plus an Enchanted Golden Carrot. (Your Gardening skill increases by 70%. Your Gardening level increases to 1! You now have a +2 on Gardening rolls.)
You leave the Cabbage to ripen. (Careful, a crop can only spend one turn ripened before rotting.)
The Turrets have been created on the Fortress.
Quote from: Joyous ThetaI still continue making the bean farm (6/10) before continue building the intercontinental rocket, painting it with invisible paint so that it can't be seen by turrets so they won't get in the way of maximum bean cooling. (2/4)
Oh, that's why you guys are making large counters, because you can increase it by two each turn! Not sure how I didn't realize that.
Anyway, the rockets have paint now. Presumably, the ice will also block the heat signature, but might cause the rockets to have some sort of "cold signature" instead. Just something to think about.
Quote from: IncendiaryGamingMove operations to a military base for now.
Ooh, I've been wanting to bring this running gag back. ahem

k
Quote from: solitarei end up provoking a skeleton while caving
(you can do 2 things in 1 turn, right)
(Yes, you can.)
Oh no, you encounter an enemy! Oh, wait, random enemy encounters aren't a thing...
You continue caving.
Skill roll: 1d20 = 5
You find more rock and disappointment. (Your Mining skill has gone up by 10%.)
Quote from: Byron_Inc_TBGI make some TNT (1/2)
k

The Beans and Potatoes have grown and are ready to harvest. (3/3)

Website
By the way, to reach level n, you need (50*(n+1))% in that skill (so reaching 1 requires 100%, reaching 2 requires 150%, reaching 5 requires 300%, and so on.)

Update Schedule
From now on, FS3 will only update on Wednesday and Saturday. The skeledops for those updates will be posted the day before, on Tuesday and Friday. This means that Turn 19 will release on July 21st, and Turn 20 on July 24th. (This is all based on PST.)
Also, I'll be on a vacation (like, actual "go somewhere with the family" vacation) from I believe Monday the 26th to Friday the 30th. (The actual dates might be different.) This means that Turn 21 will release on July 31st, not July 28th. (I should be able to make a skeledop while on vacation.)
it sure is 43.250.142.151       tbgforums.com time, i think
ewow status: 1a has released yet; voting has ended
videos | FS3 | FS3 Wiki | Ratings | Calendar | Universe Manager 2 | Sandbox
65536 progress: ~13.08% @ 97d (0y 3m 5d) [03/18/2024] {8572/65536}

:P:|:o

solitaire

Quote from: solitarei go caving, trying to find diamonds
oops i posted before finishing of skeldoop
you ignored
i did post before skeldop was finished but i didn't notice it wasn't finished
:(
hi!

Byron_Inc_TBG

I harvest and replant all crops (did not harvest golden carrots), look up to the sky and let out a sigh.
eh

solitaire

i go on a journey to try and find a village
hi!

sparkycinnamon

Mourn the loss of my cabbage, then gain an odd obsession with radishes and plant some of those. (along with replanting the cabbage)

Byron_Inc_TBG

I also keep making TNT. (2/2)
I get a Flint & Steel and keep it in a safe place.
eh

Incendiary

Continue work and employ some sort of army to fight with.

realicraft

(This is not the Turn 19 skeledop, that's tomorrow.)
Schedule
As it turns out, I'm going to be leaving to go on vacation on Friday, not Sunday or Monday like I though.
This means that Turn 20 will likely be released on Friday, rather than Saturday like I planned.
The skeledop will either come out on Thursday or Friday, depending on post count.
Turn 19 will release on Wednesday, like normal.

(I am considering bringing my Pi with me, though I'm not sure what I would connect the video output to.)

solitaire

hi!

realicraft

Turn 19 - Skeledop
(Note the skeledops and updates are based on what day it is for Pacific Time (UTC-7 during DST, UTC-8 otherwise). This means that, to you, they might come the day after I said they would. Additionally, the time they are released is still "when I feel like it".)

Quote from: Byron_Inc_TBGI harvest and replant all crops (did not harvest golden carrots), look up to the sky and let out a sigh.
Skill rolls: 3d20+2 = 20, 6, 22
From the Spinach, you harvest 5 Ripe Spinach Bundles and a Golden Ripe Spinach Bundle.
From the Beans, you harvest a Can of Beans.
From the Potatoes, you harvest 5 Bags of Potatoes and 2 Golden Potatoes.
(The golden plants have been put into your inventory for safekeeping, the rest are out in the open until moved somewhere else.)
(Your Gardening skill has increased by {20,6,22}=128%. Your Gardening level increases to 2! You now have a +4 on Gardening rolls.)
In case your wondering why you didn't gain full exp for all the rolls, with the current exp curve, that would be somewhat overpowered. The formula used for exp gain when there are multiple rolls is avg(<exp gain for all rolls>)*((<rolls>+1)/2). (The average is rounded up.)
Also, the number of plants one can have is now capped at 4, to prevent massive exp gains. (Might reduce the cap to 3 later.)
You look at the sky and see clouds, along with something else, though you can't quite figure out what.
Quote from: Joyous ThetaRocket, not missile, unless I'm wrong and this is actually technically a missile.

I continue to work on the cool bean farm (7/10) and the rocket (3/4).
My bad.
I'm considering making plants be created instantly. Does that seem like a good idea to you?
Quote from: solitarei go on a journey to try and find a village
Unfortunately, there isn't really anywhere to go, considering you're on an island. But you do see Byron's fortress, cheesy's campfire, SausageMcSauce's base under the island, your own house, that island in the distance with a bunch of people on it, and that island in the distance without a bunch of people on it.
...come to think of it, this island is a village.

Wait, why is everyone of that island in the distance with people on it running around like there's something about to explode?
Quote from: cheesyfriedeggsMourn the loss of my cabbage, then gain an odd obsession with radishes and plant some of those. (along with replanting the cabbage)
You mourn the cabbage.
You then plant some radishes. (0/3)
Harvested plants are replanted by default, unless specified, or you roll a 1.
Quote from: Byron_Inc_TBGI also keep making TNT. (2/2)
I get a Flint & Steel and keep it in a safe place.
The TNT has been created on the island. Might want to move it.
The best place to keep something is your inventory.
Quote from: IncendiaryGamingContinue work and employ some sort of army to fight with.
The work has been continued... whatever it was.
Unfortunately, recruitable armies aren't a thing.
...actually, recruitable anything isn't a thing.
Quote from: solitareskeledop when
Around 4:56 PDT, which is about... now.

The plants grow. (I'm just gonna stop listing specific plant growth.)
Hey, that thing in the sky seems to be heading towards us. Is that bad?

Website

I'll likely post the Turn 20 skeledop tomorrow, so I can update it on Friday.

Byron_Inc_TBG

I keep my harvested plants (that'll be a few trips, picking up all other vegetables) in my storage room.

Wait, wait, wait. The TNT should be something like Minecraft TNT, it's an item, not a structure.
eh

solitaire

hi!

solitaire

[ngv]
also, cheesyfriedeggs' Wall and the Dirt and Stone House have the same exact description
fix that
[/ngv]
hi!

realicraft

Turn 20 - Skeledop

Quote from: Byron_Inc_TBGI keep my harvested plants (that'll be a few trips, picking up all other vegetables) in my storage room.

Wait, wait, wait. The TNT should be something like Minecraft TNT, it's an item, not a structure.
You move the plants. (You can do that in the same turn you harvest stuff.)
My bad.
Quote from: solitarei start growing beetroot
You plant Beetroot. (0/3)
Quote from: Joyous ThetaSure, you do that.

I continue to work on the cool bean farm (8/10) and finish the rocket loaded with ice (4/4), launching it towards Byron's bean crops to lower their temperature.
(Are you referring to the idea of making making plants instant?)
Unfortunately, the rocket is too heavy to throw, so you'll need to ma- oh wait it has an engine
The rocket is traveling towards the bean crops. (0/3)

The plants (including the Beetroot) grow.
LeopardyLeaf's Carrots are ready to harvest.

The good news is that the thing in the sky is heading towards that other island, not us. The bad news is that it's a nuke, and will probably hit somewhere around... next turn.
Hope your stuff is shockwave proof!
(Yes, Turn 21 is next week, but that's by coincidence (due to the vacation), rather than being an intentional cliffhanger. Oh well.)

Website
it's still thursday in my timezone but i can't be bothered to wait an hour

solitaire

new record for worlds shortest turn
hi!