News:

The moderation team plans to make revisions to the community guidelines. Detailed information about the changes can be found here. Your feedback is appreciated.

Main Menu

Fighting Simulator 3: Subtitle

Started by realicraft, Apr 09, 2020, 01:52:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Byron_Inc_TBG

I invite cheesy to the fortress because they seem to be quite peaceful in this game.
And I plant golden carrots.
eh

realicraft

Turn 13 - Skeledop
Quote from: solitarei join the battle and build a dirt house
The Dirt House has been created.
Quote from: Joyous ThetaI throw IncendiaryGaming's missing healing potion to SausageMcSauce from across the world and give them diplomatic immunity to damage and kills and other involvement in this thread until they post here due to them not exactly playing anymore.

Also I start building a bean farm I guess (1/10).
Alas, you cannot find what does not exist.
But that is a good suggestion. So good I'm skipping the vote.
SausageMcSauce, CatsUnited, and Squirrelflight are now AFK.
Quote from: Byron_Inc_TBGI build a fireproof and explosive-proof wall on my fortress, so IncendiaryGaming's attacks can't reach me.
The Fireproof/Explosionproof Wall has been created in the Fortess.
Quote from: cheesyfriedeggsI put some rocks in a circle with sticks in the middle to build a campfire. ;)
The Campfire has been created.
Quote from: IncendiaryGamingI snipe Joyous Theta.
If I miss the head, fire until I do.
Unfortunately, a bullet fired from somewhere in the middle of the Pacific Ocean isn't going to be able to hit someone in the North Pole.
You end up emptying your clip into the ocean.
Quote from: Byron_Inc_TBGI invite cheesy to the fortress because they seem to be quite peaceful in this game.
And I plant golden carrots.
The Golden Carrot Plant has been created inside the Fortress. (0/5)
Quote from: Joyous ThetaWith how far the bullets are have to travel to get to me, I easily dodge them with grace and style and learn ballet in the process.

One of the bullets I do a twirl before reflecting it back with a pot lid, gracefully hitting a red barrel right next to IncendiaryGaming and completely incinerating them.
The bullets never made it to the North Pole, but you twirl regardless.
Skill roll: 1d20 = 7
You slip and fall onto some ice.
Damage roll: 1d6+4 = 2+4 = 6
Defense roll: 1d5 = 3
You take 6-3=3 damage, and end up Bruised. You also didn't learn much ballet.
There are no bullets to reflect, but the red barrel appears.

realicraft's cookies continue baking. (2/3)
Byron's Spinach is done growing, and can be harvested. (3/3)
Byron's Golden Carrots continue growning. (1/5)

Woah, that other island just got hit by a bunch of lightning!

Website
7 posts and only two dice rolls. Neat.
it sure is 43.250.142.151       tbgforums.com time, i think
ewow status: 1a has released yet; voting has ended
videos | FS3 | FS3 Wiki | Ratings | Calendar | Universe Manager 2 | Sandbox
65536 progress: ~13.08% @ 97d (0y 3m 5d) [03/18/2024] {8572/65536}

:P:|:o

solitaire

i go to a nearby shore and collect a bunch of rocks to upgrade my dirt house
hi!

Incendiary

Magazine, not clip.

I look for the next person to use this AUG on.
Just another internet user and anime transbian catgirl dealing with the boring dystopia that is our society. If you were looking for something interesting here, you've come to the wrong place.

My discord is Incendiary__ and you can join my server at https://discord.gg/k2ywUzBAED
My Twitch channl is available at https://twitch.tv/incendiaryoce

sparkycinnamon

I'm sparkycinnamon (formerly known as cheesyfriedeggs), but you can call me Cheesy, Spark, or Pipes. I like a lot of things, but the fandoms I am fixating on the most at the moment are object shows, Alphabet Lore, and KaBlam!.
non-binary (they/them but she/her is fine if we're close / omniromantic asexual / click here for some stuff about me / ;)

Byron_Inc_TBG

I harvest and replant the spinach.
I eat one of the spinach, and keep the harvested spinach in a storage room in the fortress.
eh

realicraft

Turn 14 - Skeledop
I'm a bit busy with refactoring the player status table, so I might not update this post for a few hours.
Quote from: Joyous ThetaOwie! I take out a gigantic hello kitty band-aid and wrap it snuggly around myself. I then poke my arms out of the band-aid and use them to continue building that bean farm (2/10).
You gain Shielded (2) for three turns.
(Are you sure you want to go for 10 turns? 5 works too.)
Quote from: solitarei go to a nearby shore and collect a bunch of rocks to upgrade my dirt house
The Dirt House is now a Dirt and Stone House.
Quote from: IncendiaryGamingI look for the next person to use this AUG on.
Let's see... there's reali, Byron, cheesy, and solitare.
Quote from: cheesyfriedeggsI start growing some cabbage. ;)
The Cabbage Plant has been added to the Fortress. (0/3) (I'm assuming that's where it's meant to go.)
Quote from: Byron_Inc_TBGI harvest and replant the spinach.
I eat one of the spinach, and keep the harvested spinach in a storage room in the fortress.
The Spinach Plant's harvest cycle has been reset.
Skill roll: 1d20 = 16
You got 5 bundles of spinach from that harvest. Your gardening skill improves. (+55%)
You eat a bundle of spinach, and gain 1d5+5 = 1+5 = 6 health.
The Storage Room has been created in the Fortress.

Joyous Theta's Bruised ticks down a turn.
The Golden Carrot Plant and Cabbage Plant continue to grow. (2/5, 1/3)

Website with fancy player tables

Now, to answer your questions:
The Attack/Defense portion is going outside of where it should be
Turn's out I'm kinda bad at positioning thing. This only happens when the browser window is thin (and presumably on mobile devices). I think I know how to fix it? (Should just be able to increase the minimum width.)
Skills?
Basically you do things and you get better at them.
Hah, we snuck a feature in without a vote
Congrats on that. Not much I could have done now, probably could have only caught it when the spinach was planted.
What's that icon in the corner of the table for?
It shows your type.
There are 8 types: Normal, Fire, Water, Electric, Plant, Ice, Light, and Dark.
The type effectiveness works like this:
              Dark ->  Normal  -> Light
    Water, Electric ->   Fire   -> Plant, Ice
         Plant, Ice ->  Water   -> Fire
               Dark -> Electric -> Fire, Dark
               Fire ->  Plant   -> Water, Light
               Fire ->   Ice    -> Water
Dark, Plant, Normal ->  Light   -> Dark
    Light, Electric ->   Dark   -> Normal, Electric
Additionally, some effects behave differently with certain types. Specifically:
On Fire: Fire types are healed rather than harmed, Ice and Plant types take +2 damage per turn, Water types take -1 damage per turn and have a 20% chance per turn to have the effect tick down an extra turn.
Frozen: Ice types gain a +3 defense boost rather than the standard effects, and Water types have a 20% chance per turn for the effect to not tick down.
Paralysis: Electric types gain a +3 attack boost rather than the standard effects, and Dark types gain a -2 attack loss.
Poisoned: Dark types are immune, and Light types always take damage.
You can change type at any time, but it takes effect at the end of the turn.

if that's too complicated let me know
also if you don't really care about type you should just stay normal-type

Faressain

> map c1m1_island; sv_consistency 0; sv_cheats 0

You must fight this hard, to reap the rewards.

[||||||||||]
Loading complete.

[Changing Flask]: Heyyo! Is there anypony?
*Picked up slingshot and ammo.*
[Changing Flask]: This will stun some meanies.
*Aiming at Incendiary.*
[Changing Flask]: "Whoa, are those 'hoomans' that Celestia warned me not to befriend? Sounds like a real mean creature!"
[Slingshot sounds]
*Fired rock at IncendiaryGaming head.*

[ Slingshot 2 ]
[ Hoof (kick) ]
[ No throwables ]
[ No healing item 1 ]
[ No healing item 2 ]
Priest units never get old. WOLOLO!

A fate can be changed, everything will change. A destiny is just a container that keeps the liquid in - in this case a person.
Raise your voice, and say it with Twilight Sparkle! I am a kitty cat and I'm steppin' on pillow, steppin' steppin' on pillow, steppin' steppin' on pillow.

Have a twili-meow! /On discord as Vardaril#1783

sparkycinnamon

That's not where the cabbage is supposed to go. It's supposed to go next to the campfire.

Anyways, I take some string, a stick, and a rock to make a small hammer thing. ;)
I'm sparkycinnamon (formerly known as cheesyfriedeggs), but you can call me Cheesy, Spark, or Pipes. I like a lot of things, but the fandoms I am fixating on the most at the moment are object shows, Alphabet Lore, and KaBlam!.
non-binary (they/them but she/her is fine if we're close / omniromantic asexual / click here for some stuff about me / ;)

Incendiary

Just another internet user and anime transbian catgirl dealing with the boring dystopia that is our society. If you were looking for something interesting here, you've come to the wrong place.

My discord is Incendiary__ and you can join my server at https://discord.gg/k2ywUzBAED

Byron_Inc_TBG

I expands my fortress to allow more rooms.
I build a room for explosives, one for defenses, one for melee weapons, and one for shelter.
I also build an emergency bunker.
eh

solitaire

i go strip mining and find diamonds
hi!

realicraft

Turn 15 - Skeledop
Did you know that most ad blockers for desktop browsers can also block things that /aren't/ ads? And that you can /manually/ block thing?
It's helpful for things like "hide a signature image that makes you uncomfortable", or "hide a signature gif that makes you uncomfortable", or "hide that picture of a bunny your friend keeps showing you", or even some other things!
Unfortunately, it cannot help with "hide a post that makes you uncomfortable", so don't expect this post to be finished within the next few hours.

Quote from: Faressain> map c1m1_island; sv_consistency 0; sv_cheats 0

You must fight this hard, to reap the rewards.

[||||||||||]
Loading complete.

[Changing Flask]: Heyyo! Is there anypony?
*Picked up slingshot and ammo.*
[Changing Flask]: This will stun some meanies.
*Aiming at Incendiary.*
[Changing Flask]: "Whoa, are those 'hoomans' that Celestia warned me not to befriend? Sounds like a real mean creature!"
[Slingshot sounds]
*Fired rock at IncendiaryGaming head.*

[ Slingshot 2 ]
[ Hoof (kick) ]
[ No throwables ]
[ No healing item 1 ]
[ No healing item 2 ]
Y'know, I was wondering when you would show up. Actually, if we're being honest, I was kinda hoping you wouldn't.
Anyway, while you do have experience with Fighting Simulator, having played in the first two, you seem to not be sure of how to play 3. I'll go over your post and show you how to play:
I think using a console to change where the game is being played violates the no godmodding rule. Don't worry, you get off with just a warning the first time.
The subtitle of Fighting Simulator 3: Subtitle is "Subtitle". That's why it's after the colon.
Unfortunately, ponies are a feature that haven't been added, so you're going to need to be something else. I know it breaks whatever narrative you're going for, but that's just how this game works.
Also try not to add subnarratives? It makes things hard to understand.
You do still get to pick up the slingshot and attack Incendiary, though, since inventories were already added around turn 4 or so, and attacking is a basic feature.
Not everyone's a human. Probably. Pretty sure I'm a stickfigure.
That's not how inventories work; how they work is you get 9 slots to hold things in, and each slot can hold anything. Also, I keep track of them on the website, not you.
It's a bit hard for me to tell what's going on with all that extra stuff in that post, so here's my attempt at making it in the style of the average post (you can substitute "I" for a name of your choice):
Quote from: Faressain (paraphrased)I yell out "Heyyo, anyone here?!"
I then pick up a slingshot and some ammo, and shoot IncendiaryGaming.
Simple, right? You have some dialogue, and then you fight someone. Much easier to understand!
Anyway, time for the actual post to be parsed:
Accuracy roll: 1d10-2(Dodge) = 4-2 = 2 (No, really. That was the first roll.)
...you missed.
Alright, now that the wall of text is done, time for the other posts.
Quote from: cheesyfriedeggsThat's not where the cabbage is supposed to go. It's supposed to go next to the campfire.

Anyways, I take some string, a stick, and a rock to make a small hammer thing. ;)
My bad, I'll move it.
Skill roll: 1d20 = 8
You make a Decent Hammer. It looks flimsy. (Your Crafting skill has gone up by 20%.)
Quote from: IncendiaryGamingDodge the rock and fight back
Dodge successful! I'll just assume you punch Fares.
Attack roll: 1d10 = 3
Defense roll: 1d5 = 1
Faressain takes 3-0=3 damage.
Quote from: Byron_Inc_TBGI expands my fortress to allow more rooms.
I build a room for explosives, one for defenses, one for melee weapons, and one for shelter.
I also build an emergency bunker.
The Explosives Room, Defense Room, Weaponry, and Shelter have been created inside the Fortress.
Quote from: solitarei go strip mining and find diamonds
Skill roll: 1d20 = 6
You fail to find diamonds. (Your Mining skill has gine up by 15%.)
Quote from: Joyous ThetaI continue to make a bean farm (3/10) and vote against adding types since they just seem kind of pointless and honestly might just inhibit creativity in attacks and there's not even a bean type.
I see where you're going, but you don't need to be a fire type to set someone on fire. (A bean type, you say?)
(i almost didn't include these because you posted them while i was in the middle of making the skeledop)

Does anyone hear gun noises?

Joyous Theta's Bruised and Shielded (2) both tick down a turn. (1, 2)
The Spinach, Golden Carrots, and Cabbage all grow. (1, 3, 2)

Good ol' website, giving information.

Also, here's a reminder for myself:
Missing Inven. Images: Slingshot, Decent Hammer, Diamond
Missing Eff. Icons: Paralysed, Poisoned
Missing Skill Icons: Gardening, Crafting, Mining, Ballet, Cooking, Chopping

(LeopardyLeaf, I see your post, but it'll be included next turn.)

LeopardyLeaf

I'd find some coal in the island.
Leopardy here! I love RPing and playing games on Scratch! :)

:D Partyparrot

solitaire

i go strip mining for diamonds again
hi!

Byron_Inc_TBG

I plant some beans and potatoes.

Voting a yes for ponies because they're an easy method of travelling.
Count me in, for the removal of elements.
It's quite the issue to think which is the optimal strategy.
eh

realicraft

Turn 16 - Skeledop
I'm taking a break until Saturday, but I still want to address a few things.

The Element System
Yeah... if I'm being honest, I really didn't think elements through.
The type effectiveness chart wasn't really made with a focus on being balanced, and neither was the interactions between types and effects. Why does On Fire interact with four types, when the other effects only interact to two? Why is Light weak to three types? Why's no type strong against three?
How about we compromise: you control the element system.
Basically, the system will become a blank slate of "there's normal and it doesn't do anything special, and there's also typeless which will never do anything special." You guys get to add things like new types, interactions between types, interactions of types and effects, and more. Or we could just throw them out entirely. Your choice.
Ponies
In FS2, by the time it "ended", two of the three active players were dragons and ended up with largely increased stats compared to the base stats (one player had 750 HP, and the baseline was 100). This made made somewhat disinterested in things that majorly affect stats, like species. Plus, it would be hard to both keep track of and balance: "What abilities would they have? Does type affect anything? Any special interactions with effects? How do I balance flying?"
I'm trying (and not actually succeeding, now that I think about it) to keep FS3 simple. Simple to understand, play, and update. Species would not help with that.
Also, I think you don't realize we aren't talking about the "horse, but small" kind of pony. (Do you guys use ScratchStyle by any chance? Yes, that is related.)
The kind we are talking about comes loaded with complications: "How would they hold stuff? Can they be ridden? How do I balance having only one person having magic? Would food work the same? No, really, how do I balance flying."
I felt it would be best to just ignore those questions by enforcing voting more. Guess I was wrong.
(Also, if we do vote any kind of animals in, there's going to be a clear, solid line between players and NPCs.)

Quote from: LeopardyLeafI'd find some coal in the island.
Skill roll: 1d20 = 20
You find three coal and a diamond. (Your Mining skill has gone up by 80%.)
Quote from: Joyous ThetaI already figured that, but I'm referring to the fact that against fire types you're basically just going to be throwing a bucket of water at them repeatedly because that's what the element system encourages, and there's only so many ways you can splash somebody with water.

There's also the factor of normal type, which is supposed to be the type for people who don't want to bother with elements as you've said, except that isn't true because they're weak to dark and strong against light so they do have to bother with elements, to which I was considering making a vote to remove that but then I realized that this would make normal the most optimal element because no elements have a resistance, but you can't really implement resistances because you can just... not attack them with an element they resist, unless you want to implement a whole bunch of other systems I guess.

So, at the end of the day, the only thing the element system does is increase the amount of damage everyone takes (which I haven't mentioned but it makes no mention of how effectiveness even applies) by reducing creativity and giving status immunity to some statuses.

I am starting a vote for the removal of the element system and voting yes on it.

Also, I don't see any reason that Fare can't be a pony if it does not affect gameplay in any way. And on the subject of such, perhaps a racial system could pop up as a similar thing to the element system but without any of the weakness system and instead focusing more on changing stats up?

I continue on the bean farm after that wall of text is finished. (4/10)
(This was addressed in the section at the top of this post.)

Quote from: solitarei go strip mining for diamonds again
Skill roll: 1d20 = 11
You find a piece of coal. (Your Mining skill has gone up by 25%.)
Quote from: Byron_Inc_TBGI plant some beans and potatoes.

Voting a yes for ponies because they're an easy method of travelling.
Count me in, for the removal of elements.
It's quite the issue to think which is the optimal strategy.
(Note: Byron later revoked the vote for ponies on 16384. Also, elements were already addressed.)
Beans and Potatoes have been planted. (I'm reorganising all of the plants.)
I don't think Theta started a vote for ponies.

The plants grow. (Spinach, 2/3; Golden Carrots, 4/5; Beans & Potatoes, 1/3; Cabbage, 3/3)

Joyous Theta is no longer Bruised.
Joyous Theta's Shielded (2) ticks down. (1)

Website
...what? It's a little past midnight, which means it's Saturday. ...though I seem to not be able to leave you guys by yourselves...

Faressain

Faressain: "What in the- I thought it had a pony option. Oh well. Maybe you could allow it, but I think they're just as strong as humans if pegasus, or stronger if Earth Pony, easier to teach magic if unicorn, but harder to use dextrious items- nevermind, players species should be any, but shouldn't affect any stats or skills."
Nevermind, seems like my ability to just produce subtitles were taken away. If a pony can use magic, human should use it too, if a pony can fly, a human should be able as well.

Now, I think I should simply conquer some overlord small fort, or settle one (1/12).

Idea: Human-controlled species always start with 100 HP / 10 Attack and 5 Defence with no special ability, no matter what do you pick. Also, any species can pick up any ability possible, even if illogical for one. (They should still learn one)

A fate can be changed, everything will change. A destiny is just a container that keeps the liquid in - in this case a person.
Raise your voice, and say it with Twilight Sparkle! I am a kitty cat and I'm steppin' on pillow, steppin' steppin' on pillow, steppin' steppin' on pillow.

sparkycinnamon

I start construction on a small wall around my campfire and my cabbage plant. ;)

Incendiary

Start manufacturing a futuristic war tank with laser cannons in a secure location.

Byron_Inc_TBG

I summon a troop of soldiers that follows orders.
And I train them.
eh

Faressain

Just continuing to settle down, making a small fort (2/12)

realicraft

Quote from: Joyous Theta...You all know the skeledop hasn't been finished, right?
At least someone notices.
Turn 16's skeledop isn't complete yet, stop posting
Posts after the skeledop will be considered part of Turn 17.
(Also, Fares, I'd like to remind you that there's a limit of two gameplay posts per turn. Just saying that since you've already used your two.)
(Also also, I think you guys are going overboard with the charges. 10 is really long for this game; the first game only lasted 19 turns.)
(Finally, no this isn't the Turn 17 skeledop, I'll likely be making that on Saturday, after I finish the Turn 16 one.)
(can't even take a break without someone messing something up...)

sparkycinnamon

Quote from: Joyous Theta...You all know the skeledop hasn't been finished, right?
Yeah, I know. ;)

realicraft

Turn 17 - Skeledop
Leaving this one for the morning.
Quote from: FaressainFaressain: "What in the- I thought it had a pony option. Oh well. Maybe you could allow it, but I think they're just as strong as humans if pegasus, or stronger if Earth Pony, easier to teach magic if unicorn, but harder to use dextrious items- nevermind, players species should be any, but shouldn't affect any stats or skills."
Nevermind, seems like my ability to just produce subtitles were taken away. If a pony can use magic, human should use it too, if a pony can fly, a human should be able as well.

Now, I think I should simply conquer some overlord small fort, or settle one (1/12).

Idea: Human-controlled species always start with 100 HP / 10 Attack and 5 Defence with no special ability, no matter what do you pick. Also, any species can pick up any ability possible, even if illogical for one. (They should still learn one)
Fares, I think you have the wrong idea here. In-universe (can't believe i have to say that), Fighting Simulator isn't a game. It's a bunch of people, on an island, trying to fight eachother. Look, how about you //read%20FS1 and try to do something similar to what you did then. reading fs2 is just going to give you the wrong idea
As for you're points on species, I'd like you to explain how, say, a human could fly without wings, or a dog could pickup and use a sword. (Magic is probably going to end up overpowered if I "balance" it (badly).)
I feel like it would be best if species only affected the game in small but reasonable ways - which would require most, if not all, playable species to be humanoid. (Y'know, somewhat human-shaped?)
The stat idea sounds good, although I feel like something like, say, scales would provide a natural defense boost. Would probably limit stat changes to at most 10% off from standard. (claws would probably only apply an attack boost if you explicitly use them)
Quote from: cheesyfriedeggsI start construction on a small wall around my campfire and my cabbage plant. ;)
The Wall has been created, and the Campfire and Cabbage have been moved inside it.
...not gonna harvest the cabbage?
Quote from: IncendiaryGamingStart manufacturing a futuristic war tank with laser cannons in a secure location.
(1/5)..? (also if you don't put it anywhere specific it'll just be out in the open)
Quote from: Byron_Inc_TBGI summon a troop of soldiers that follows orders.
And I train them.
Sorry, summonable allies aren't a feature. You could start a vote, although it would require a supermajority (>2/3) due to being a complicated feature.
Quote from: FaressainJust continuing to settle down, making a small fort (2/12)
What is with these long build times!? 5 or 6 turns is fine!
Quote from: cheesyfriedeggs
Yeah, I know. ;)
Did you have to do that? I think the reason everyone started posting even though the skeledop wasn't done is because they couldn't see the skeledop when at the bottom of the page. There being two posts in view didn't help.

The Cabbage ripens. (4/3)
The Spinach, Golden Carrots, Beans, and Potatoes all grow. (3/3, 5/5, 2/3, 2/3)

Joyous Theta is no longer Shielded.

Website
...I guess this technically counts as two in one day?