News:

The moderation team plans to make revisions to the community guidelines. Detailed information about the changes can be found here. Your feedback is appreciated.

Main Menu

do you like oreos

Started by Tymewalk, May 31, 2021, 12:33:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tymewalk

a game designed to answer one question.

do you like oreos?

this game will send you and your party on a quest to find the truth behind america's favorite cookie.

game
rolls are done with 1d10, 1 being the lowest and 10 being the highest.

sign-up
you are not allowed to mention whether you like oreos or not. this will be determined later in the game.

name: what's your name? how do you want to be addressed?
gender: affects nothing except how the game and its characters should refer to you.
appearance: what do you look like? perhaps you dress like an oreo?
species: perhaps you are an oreo?
dislikes: what do you not like?
other: anything else?
Whosoever holds this banhammer, if he be worthy, shall possess the power of moderaThor...
he/him | Text Based Games Forums Discord Server | Just Dance 2014 | (つo.o)つ It's Kirby!
back on the road, back down the road, downtown, i don't have courage but i have something else - and it's more than words

Joyous Theta

name: Anti-Oreo
appearance: Looks like an oreo with a color inversion filter applied to them.
species: Anti-Oreo
dislikes: MOREOS
other: It is their goal to touch an oreo so that they both combine resulting in the disintegration of them both, at which point I will leave the RP because my character is dead.

Tymewalk

Quote from: Joyous Thetaname: Anti-Oreo
appearance: Looks like an oreo with a color inversion filter applied to them.
species: Anti-Oreo
dislikes: MOREOS
other: It is their goal to touch an oreo so that they both combine resulting in the disintegration of them both, at which point I will leave the RP because my character is dead.
Accepted, Moreos are technically not Oreos so it's okay.
Whosoever holds this banhammer, if he be worthy, shall possess the power of moderaThor...
he/him | Text Based Games Forums Discord Server | Just Dance 2014 | (つo.o)つ It's Kirby!
back on the road, back down the road, downtown, i don't have courage but i have something else - and it's more than words

Byron_Inc_TBG

name: grayden
appearance: typical asian teen, refer to banner
species: asian
dislikes: barre chords, errors, brinjals, calculus, social studies
other: not to be confused with gradient
eh

Tymewalk

Quote from: Byron_Inc_TBGname: grayden
appearance: typical asian teen, refer to banner
species: asian
dislikes: barre chords, errors, brinjals, calculus, social studies
other: not to be confused with gradient
Accepted.

gilbert_given_TBG

i thought this is a joke
anyway

name: waffle man
appearance: skin has waffle tone, refer species
species: waffle cream (genus waffle, species cream)
dislikes: wafers, TikTok, basically cringy stuff
other: i'm not active in rpgs, also i might edit this

Tymewalk

Quote from: gilbert_given_TBGi thought this is a joke
anyway

name: waffle man
appearance: skin has waffle tone, refer species
species: waffle cream (genus waffle, species cream)
dislikes: wafers, TikTok, basically cringy stuff
other: i'm not active in rpgs, also i might edit this
Yeah this is a joke RPG but I'll run it anyways.

Accepted.

We can start once I get 1-2 more people.

sparkycinnamon

name: Julian
appearance: White skin, brown hair, green clothes
species: Human
dislikes: quietness
other: idk
I'm sparkycinnamon (formerly known as cheesyfriedeggs), but you can call me Cheesy, Spark, or Pipes. I like a lot of things, but the fandoms I am fixating on the most at the moment are object shows, Alphabet Lore, and KaBlam!.
non-binary (they/them but she/her is fine if we're close / omniromantic asexual / click here for some stuff about me / ;)

Tymewalk

Quote from: cheesyfriedeggsname: Julian
appearance: White skin, brown hair, green clothes
species: Human
dislikes: quietness
other: idk
Accepted on a technicality - not all cookies are Oreos. You're kind of pushing it though.

I'm going to start the game later tonight (~1-2 hours-ish?). Sign-ups will still be open after the game starts so you can join in.

sparkycinnamon

Quote from: TymewalkAccepted on a technicality - not all cookies are Oreos. You're kind of pushing it though.
yeah when I said cookies I meant like chocolate chip cookies and the like (not oreos though ;))
I'm sparkycinnamon (formerly known as cheesyfriedeggs), but you can call me Cheesy, Spark, or Pipes. I like a lot of things, but the fandoms I am fixating on the most at the moment are object shows, Alphabet Lore, and KaBlam!.
non-binary (they/them but she/her is fine if we're close / omniromantic asexual / click here for some stuff about me / ;)

Tymewalk

Quote from: TymewalkI'm going to start the game later tonight (~1-2 hours-ish?). Sign-ups will still be open after the game starts so you can join in.
well that was a lie

I'm starting the game now

Tymewalk

Our party stands in front of Various Sweet Products Castle™. Inside this castle are some of the most famous sweet products ever mass produced by a corporation (and also for some bizarre reason, carrots). This includes our titular sandwich cookie, Oreos.

Your fate, and whether or not you enjoy such treats, will be decided throughout your time uncovering the secrets of this castle.

Unfortunately, you are not inside the castle grounds, and need to get inside.

So, how exactly do you want to go about doing that?

---------

The castle is surrounded by tall brick walls, with a large drawbridge in the middle. A deep moat, filled with supposedly dangerous fish, sits around the castle. Nearby are some tall trees and various types of shrubbery, as well as Jim's Middle-of-Nowhere Hardware Store, which happens to be open 23½/7. The store is going to close for that half-hour soon, but if you hurry up, you should still be able to shop.

Joyous Theta

Anti-Oreo begins looking for an oreo.

Byron_Inc_TBG

Grayden finds an axe to punch the trees.
eh

Tymewalk

Quote from: Joyous ThetaAnti-Oreo begins looking for an oreo.
The Oreos are likely within the castle, and unfortunately there seem to be no Oreos outside of it.

You do find an interesting contraption next to the moat, however. It's some sort of control panel, containing a horn, a blue button, a red button, and a lever, which can be pushed up or down. The lever currently rests in the middle.
Quote from: Byron_Inc_TBGGrayden finds an axe to punch the trees.
The hardware store happens to have an axe in stock, thankfully. Grayden purchases the axe for the low low cost of absolutely nothing (some sort of deal on magic axes or something), and obtains The Brightly-Colored Hardware Store Membership Card.

...apparently you give out your phone number to get one of these. It's a weird system, but might be helpful.
Quote from: gilbert_given_TBGWaffle Man asks where we are now.
The party is standing outside of the castle, next to the hardware store. Some trees surround the area, as well as a menacing mountain in the distance, but the mountain is thankfully not relevant and thus will never have to be climbed in a desperate attempt to escape some sort of horrifying cookie entity.

...oops, did I say that out loud? My bad. I meant the mountain is just there to look pretty.

sparkycinnamon

Julian looks for some random stuff by foraging on the ground. ;)

Byron_Inc_TBG

Grayden attempts to make a bridge by placing the logs across the river, but he isn't strong enough.
Instead, he makes a crafting table, made some wood planks, and build a bridge while crouching.
eh

Joyous Theta

Anti-Oreo slings themself directly at the castle walls using a nearby tree, crashing through the wall and hopefully hitting an oreo.

Byron_Inc_TBG

"Hey someone craft some iron tools please"
eh

Tymewalk

Quote from: cheesyfriedeggsJulian looks for some random stuff by foraging on the ground. ;)
Julian: Forage: 7

Julian finds a battery, half a can of Sprite, and a worn napkin.
Quote from: Byron_Inc_TBGGrayden attempts to make a bridge by placing the logs across the river, but he isn't strong enough.
Instead, he makes a crafting table, made some wood planks, and build a bridge while crouching.

Quote from: gilbert_given_TBGWaffle Man copied what Grayden do.
As the two begin speedbridging slowly, an alarm sounds.

"Halt!" a guard shouts.

The Guards approach!

Two guards come out, with cookie-themed weapons. One holds the Chocolate Chip Sword, and the other the CKE-425 automatic machine gun.

The fight commences!
Quote from: Joyous ThetaAnti-Oreo slings themself directly at the castle walls using a nearby tree, crashing through the wall and hopefully hitting an oreo.
Anti-Oreo: Whee: 7

Anti-Oreo misses, but with a pinch of luck, hits one of the guards!

Anti-Oreo: 14
Guard A: 13

The guard stumbles backwards, leaving their Sword on the ground. Sadly for Anti-Oreo, no part of the guard was made of Oreos.

Byron_Inc_TBG

Grayden takes the sword and swings it onto the other guard.
eh

Joyous Theta

Anti-Oreo goes past the door and into the castle, auto-piloting towards the closest oreo and touching it so I don't have to play this anymore.