News:

The moderation team plans to make revisions to the community guidelines. Detailed information about the changes can be found here. Your feedback is appreciated.

Main Menu

If this gets a Post ID of 8192, we advance!

Started by Blunderbus, Dec 18, 2020, 10:22:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

solitaire

Quote from: PkmnQWhy do you need literal? As far as I can see, there's no end literal either.
the contraction stuff was way too confusing
also if you didn't know it says "print("Hello World")"
hi!

Byron_Inc_TBG

false
eh

Byron_Inc_TBG

eh

solitaire

hi!

Byron_Inc_TBG

Quote from: solitare
Quote from: Byron_Inc_TBGfalse
woah
whoa

that was intended to be a response to my post that says kotp a few posts ago
eh

Byron_Inc_TBG

eh

PkmnQ

Quote from: PkmnQWhy do you need literal? As far as I can see, there's no end literal either.
Contractions aren't required, you didn't need them for that text anyway, so you don't need that literal
This was a thing I tried to do, but insert mess of a sentence here. Also, I'm a vowelless neither transparent nor translucent mammal of the genus Neogale, I guess. :/ B)
The future experience must be anticipated beforehand to ensure proper expectations.
Tip: Use c͢ombining cha͊racters, because ye᷂s.
Quine list

Threads that I think should be played more (found in the Infinite Flood): link chain

solitaire

Quote from: PkmnQ
Contractions aren't required, you didn't need them for that text anyway, so you don't need that literal
o
hi!

solitaire

A New Way to Learn

Text Based Games (TBGs) are the next big development in online learning. How do TBGs work? A number of players must read the rules of the particular game being played, and then join in by adding a post to the game.

How are TBGs educational? Text Based Games can increase numeracy, literacy and science skills, as most games require players to count up or down in different ways, or add large numbers together to manually calculate their score.

A subgenre of TBGs are Role Playing Games also known as RPGs. These games require a player to immerse themself in an imaginary world of players and explore their environment. Many RPGs also require a player to craft their own story, and follow the rules of the world. Unlike traditional graphic based RPGs, however, Text Based RPGS are played by adding posts to the game topic. This dramatically improves the players ability to write narrative.

Are you worried about child safety on the TBGs? You will by glad to know that we have a dedicated team of moderators working 24/7, roaming the forums and deleting all spam, inappropriate posts, and also helping new players to learn the ropes. We are also protected by cutting edge technologies which make in nearly impossible for spammers to break in, or for players to break rules.

-->
hi!

Byron_Inc_TBG

Quote from: solitareA New Way to Learn

Text Based Games (TBGs) are the next big development in online learning. How do TBGs work? A number of players must read the rules of the particular game being played, and then join in by adding a post to the game.

How are TBGs educational? Text Based Games can increase numeracy, literacy and science skills, as most games require players to count up or down in different ways, or add large numbers together to manually calculate their score.

A subgenre of TBGs are Role Playing Games also known as RPGs. These games require a player to immerse themself in an imaginary world of players and explore their environment. Many RPGs also require a player to craft their own story, and follow the rules of the world. Unlike traditional graphic based RPGs, however, Text Based RPGS are played by adding posts to the game topic. This dramatically improves the players ability to write narrative.

Are you worried about child safety on the TBGs? You will by glad to know that we have a dedicated team of moderators working 24/7, roaming the forums and deleting all spam, inappropriate posts, and also helping new players to learn the ropes. We are also protected by cutting edge technologies which make in nearly impossible for spammers to break in, or for players to break rules.

-->
where tho
eh

PkmnQ

BBSC (Braille Based Smiley Code)

Letters:
:) :) to :) :P -> a to j
:| :) to :| :P -> k to t
:| :roll: -> st
:| B) -> ar
:( :) to :( :D -> u to z (except w, because braille)
:( :lol: -> and
:( :/ -> for
:( D:< -> of
:( ;) -> the
:( :P -> with
:( :roll: -> ing
:( B) -> ble
:o :) to :o :D - ch, gh, sh, th, wh
:o :lol: -> ed
:o :/ -> er
:o D:< -> ou
:o ;) -> ow
:o :P -> w
:D :D -> en

Punctuation:
:D :) -> ,
:D :| -> ;
:D :( -> :
:D :o -> .
:D :lol: -> !
:D :/ -> ( )
:D D:< -> ?
:D ;) -> '
:D :P -> "

Formatting:
:lol: :) -> Start literal (no contractions apply inside literal)
:lol: :| -> One-word literal
:lol: :( -> End literal
:lol: :o -> Capital (2 capitals in a row is caps lock)

Numbers:
:/ :) to :/ B) -> Base 12 digits (not bijective base 12, normal base 12)

Other Smiley Codes:
:P :) - ESC
:P :/ - BBSC (this)

Contractions:
Multichar letters will be uppercase
a - a
b - but
c - can
d - do
e - every
f - from
g - go/goes/went/gone
h - have/has/had
i - I
j - just
k - know
l - like
m - more
n - no/not
o - or
p - person/people
q - quite
r - rather
s - so
t - that
u - under
v - very
x - it
y - you
z - as
THE - then
CH - child
SH - shall
TH - this
WH - which
OU - out
w - will
ST - still

ab - about
abv - above
af - after
afn - afternoon
ag - again
agST - against
al - also
alm - almost
alr - already
alTH - although
alw - always
bc - because
bf - before
bh - behind
bl - below
cd - could
ei - either
fST - first
gd - good
gr - great
hERf - herself
hm - him
hmf - himself
ll - little
lr - letter
mCH - much
mST - most
myf - myself
OUrvs - ourselves
sCH - such
sd - said
SHd - should
td - today
tm - tomorrow
tn - tonight
THEmvs - themselves
wd - would
xs - its
xf - itself
yr - your
yrf - yourself
yrvs - yourselves
Note: These are not letters. You can't put them in the middle of words. They must stand alone.

Other:
B) :) -> Space
B) :| -> ASCII char (see How to make other chars)

How to make other chars:
The main way to make other chars is using B) :|. Here's an example. Let's say I want to use _. First, you have to get the octal escape of your chosen character. So for _, the octal escape is 137. Then, you follow it with 3 other smileys depending on its escape (:) to D:< indicate 0 to 7). For 137, the three smileys are :| :o D:<. After that, just precede it with B) :|. The full code for _ is B) :| :| :o D:<.

You can also convert to ESC, which can compress really well, but requires the guidance of a computer to take full advantage of its compression.
This was a thing I tried to do, but insert mess of a sentence here. Also, I'm a vowelless neither transparent nor translucent mammal of the genus Neogale, I guess. :/ B)
The future experience must be anticipated beforehand to ensure proper expectations.
Quine list

Threads that I think should be played more (found in the Infinite Flood): link chain

Byron_Inc_TBG

eh

Byron_Inc_TBG

eh

Byron_Inc_TBG

eh

PkmnQ

Quote from: Byron_Inc_TBGsearch
word search?
Quine list

sparkycinnamon

A word search, word find, word seek, word sleuth or mystery word puzzle is a word game that consists of the letters of words placed in a grid, which usually has a rectangular or square shape. The objective of this puzzle is to find and mark all the words hidden inside the box. The words may be placed horizontally, vertically, or diagonally. Often a list of the hidden words is provided, but more challenging puzzles may not provide a list. Many word search puzzles have a theme to which all the hidden words are related such as food, animals, or colors. The puzzles have, like crosswords and arrowords, become very popular. Also in common with these latter puzzles, have had complete books and mobile applications devoted to them.

Word searches are commonplace in newspapers and magazines.

;)
I'm sparkycinnamon (formerly known as cheesyfriedeggs), but you can call me Cheesy, Spark, or Pipes. I like a lot of things, but the fandoms I am fixating on the most at the moment are object shows, Alphabet Lore, and KaBlam!.
non-binary (they/them but she/her is fine if we're close / omniromantic asexual / click here for some stuff about me / ;)

solitaire

hi!

Byron_Inc_TBG

Quote from: PkmnQ
Quote from: Byron_Inc_TBGsearch
word search?
search up your friends name irl
eh

gilbert_given_TBG

Quote from: PkmnQGilbert do you have empty spots in ESC? I want to make it possible to embed ESC in BBSC (which I'll also call :/ code)
Sorry for the late reply... :P
There is still 3 leading smileys left ( D:< ;) :P ). Not enough to put it "directly", but I have a plan.
I could make ESC support multiple smiley formats. This way, backwards compatibility with other character sets can be achieved. For example, I can choose the leading smiley :P as the character set marker. and it can be used like this:
:P :/ :lol: :o :o :o :) ;) :) ;) :) :) :| :P :) :D :| :roll: :D :o
The :P :/ is the charset marker, indicating that the next smileys would be encoded in the :/ charset, in this case BBSC.

In BBSC (or at least right now), the leading smiley :P doesn't do anything.

sparkycinnamon

I'm sparkycinnamon (formerly known as cheesyfriedeggs), but you can call me Cheesy, Spark, or Pipes. I like a lot of things, but the fandoms I am fixating on the most at the moment are object shows, Alphabet Lore, and KaBlam!.
non-binary (they/them but she/her is fine if we're close / omniromantic asexual / click here for some stuff about me / ;)

redgreenandblue

🌱

PkmnQ

I'll also let BBSC encode ESC through :P :). I like ESC for its compression, but I want BBSC to be human-usable.
Quine list

solitaire

hi!

Byron_Inc_TBG

Also gilbert you're not out of the Monopoly game yet.
You still have to pay PkmnQ the $2 due.
And by doing so you can trade or mortgage, which definitely will give you more cash.
eh