News:

The moderation team is holding a poll on the topic of the site's connection to Scratch. More details can be found here. Your feedback is appreciated.

Main Menu

Questions and Suggestions

Started by 360-International, Sep 21, 2012, 02:04:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Samq64

This has probably been suggested before, but could the TBGSforums be updated to a newer software?

Byron_Inc_TBG

wait that's literally your first and only post
did you just come here to ask this

It's actually quite new, the TBGs is only made in 2012.
I don't know about the mods though.
eh

Samq64

Quote from: Byron_Inc_TBGwait that's literally your first and only post
did you just come here to ask this

It's actually quite new, the TBGs is only made in 2012.
I don't know about the mods though.
Sorry. I wasn't really thinking. I found the display page and and changed the style to something nore modern.

Magmacube

How do we make new topics? I want to open a game of my own, and I don't know how.
"Hail KeK! For He is The Key, and The Gate!"

solitaire

Quote from: MagmacubeHow do we make new topics? I want to open a game of my own, and I don't know how.
you need to make 21 posts to become a TBGer to make topics

Magmacube

Quote from: solitareyou need to make 21 posts to become a TBGer to make topics
Time to grind then!
"Hail KeK! For He is The Key, and The Gate!"

JackyBorderCollie

Quote from: Samq64This has probably been suggested before, but could the TBGSforums be updated to a newer software?
No, I like the old one.
Art of my dog:

Oof, my text is unaligned! They should add a center tag to the TBGs. Also, if you read this, you will get a dog in the future.
my signature is succesfully destroyed

Byron_Inc_TBG

Quote from: JackyBorderCollie
Quote from: Samq64This has probably been suggested before, but could the TBGSforums be updated to a newer software?
No, I like the old one.
uhhhh
if you say that in the suggestions forum on scratch, would you get roasted

actually nvm
eh

JackyBorderCollie

I wish there was a report location button. Why? Because gilbert_given_TBG set his location to Dog Hater Convention, and it really angries me.
Art of my dog:

Oof, my text is unaligned! They should add a center tag to the TBGs. Also, if you read this, you will get a dog in the future.

sparkycinnamon

Quote from: JackyBorderCollieI wish there was a report location button. Why? Because gilbert_given_TBG set his location to Dog Hater Convention, and it really angries me.
It's just an opinion, no need to report opinions. ;)
I'm sparkycinnamon (formerly known as cheesyfriedeggs), but you can call me Cheesy, Spark, or Pipes. I like a lot of things, but the fandoms I am fixating on the most at the moment are object shows, Alphabet Lore, and KaBlam!.
non-binary (they/them but she/her is fine if we're close / omniromantic asexual / click here for some stuff about me / ;)

gilbert_given_TBG

Quote from: cheesyfriedeggs
Quote from: JackyBorderCollieI wish there was a report location button. Why? Because gilbert_given_TBG set his location to Dog Hater Convention, and it really angries me.
Hehe :D
That's just a joke, I like all pets, including dogs (I just don't have the time to take care of it if I even had one)
Anyway, changing the location. Sorry if it insults you :P

JackyBorderCollie

Quote from: gilbert_given_TBG
Quote from: cheesyfriedeggs
Hehe :D
That's just a joke, I like all pets, including dogs (I just don't have the time to take care of it if I even had one)
Anyway, changing the location. Sorry if it insults you :P
It is fine :)
By the way, I also have a dog, but I have him at my grandpa and grandma's house, and I cannot have him in my apartment in the town :(
Art of my dog:

Tymewalk

Quote from: gilbert_given_TBGAre "friendly" bots (like Nihonium) allowed?
I think it should be fine as long as it's not breaking any rules, which it doesn't seem to be. Nihonium's not being used to cheat (it posts so slowly a human could probably just manually do the commands faster), so I don't see any concern there.
Whosoever holds this banhammer, if he be worthy, shall possess the power of moderaThor...
he/him | Text Based Games Forums Discord Server | Just Dance 2014 | (つo.o)つ It's Kirby!
back on the road, back down the road, downtown, i don't have courage but i have something else - and it's more than words

Byron_Inc_TBG

suggestion for new role
specifically for friendly bots like nihonium
eh

realicraft

Quote from: Byron_Inc_TBGsuggestion for new role
specifically for friendly bots like nihonium
I second this suggestion
it sure is 43.250.142.151       tbgforums.com time, i think, maybe,
ewow status: 2a has released yet; voting ended on April 18th, at 10 PM UTC
videos | FS3 | FS3 Wiki | Ratings | Calendar | Universe Manager 2 | Sandbox
65536 progress: ~13.08% @ 97d (0y 3m 5d) [03/18/2024] {8572/65536}

:P:|:o

Byron_Inc_TBG

The user will have to have at least 1000 posts and been on the TBGs for at least a few months, maybe?
Then they will have to go through a series of application and stuff to make sure nothing malicious is done through the bot.
Maybe there will be a longer cooldown between posts.
eh

Maew Nryang

I hope this can be done, although FluxBB is good.
*See XKCD 1688.
Hi. My name is Maew Nryang. Please call me "Maew", not "Nryang".
NEW GAME: https://tbgforums.com/forums/index.php?topic=6658.0

PkmnQ

Keep the smileys
Quote from: TonyBrown148

This was a thing I tried to do, but insert mess of a sentence here. Also, I'm a vowelless neither transparent nor translucent mammal of the genus Neogale, I guess. :/ B)
The future experience must be anticipated beforehand to ensure proper expectations.
Tip: Use c͢ombining cha͊racters, because ye᷂s.
Quine list

Threads that I think should be played more (found in the Infinite Flood): link chain

Maew Nryang

Quote from: PkmnQKeep the smileys
discourse has emojis
*See XKCD 1688.

PkmnQ

discourse has emojis
If they aren't the same as the smileys then they're not smileys. I want smiley code to live on.
This was a thing I tried to do, but insert mess of a sentence here. Also, I'm a vowelless neither transparent nor translucent mammal of the genus Neogale, I guess. :/ B)
The future experience must be anticipated beforehand to ensure proper expectations.
Tip: Use c͢ombining cha͊racters, because ye᷂s.
Quine list

Threads that I think should be played more (found in the Infinite Flood): link chain

Maew Nryang

Quote from: PkmnQIf they aren't the same as the smileys, then they're not smileys. I want smiley code to live on.
They are not the same. However, I can write a converter.
*See XKCD 1688.

Tymewalk

In any upgrade we'd definitely try to keep the smileys. I believe most forum softwares let you set custom smilies anyways.
Whosoever holds this banhammer, if he be worthy, shall possess the power of moderaThor...
he/him | Text Based Games Forums Discord Server | Just Dance 2014 | (つo.o)つ It's Kirby!
back on the road, back down the road, downtown, i don't have courage but i have something else - and it's more than words

CST1229

Could the img tag's parameter add the title parameter alongside the alt parameter so we can see it via hovering?
Signature banner

Byron_Inc_TBG

eh