News:

The moderation team is holding a poll on the topic of the site's connection to Scratch. More details can be found here. Your feedback is appreciated.

Main Menu

quest for fun: the cyoa™

Started by Tymewalk, Dec 08, 2020, 01:17:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sparkycinnamon

Byron also orders the Steam-Powered Espresso because hey winter sale
I'm sparkycinnamon (formerly known as cheesyfriedeggs), but you can call me Cheesy, Spark, or Pipes. I like a lot of things, but the fandoms I am fixating on the most at the moment are object shows, Alphabet Lore, and KaBlam!.
non-binary (they/them but she/her is fine if we're close / omniromantic asexual / click here for some stuff about me / ;)

Tymewalk

Quote from: Byron_Inc_TBGByron ate the food.
Byron eats the eggnog ice cream. It actually tastes quite good, especially when mixed with nothing.
Quote from: FishmaelByron asks the barista for a donut.
"We have tons of donuts!" the barista says, happily. "What kind would you like?"
Quote from: cheesyfriedeggsByron also orders the Steam-Powered Espresso because hey winter sale
"Certainly!"

The barista hands Byron a cup filled with various green tags, each with some percent discount. They seem to be mixed with some sort of coffee base, and ooh, nice, 50% off on Dicey Dungeons! Byron will have to remember that one.
Whosoever holds this banhammer, if he be worthy, shall possess the power of moderaThor...
he/him | Text Based Games Forums Discord Server | Just Dance 2014 | (つo.o)つ It's Kirby!
back on the road, back down the road, downtown, i don't have courage but i have something else - and it's more than words

Joyous Theta

Quote from: TymewalkByron eats the eggnog ice cream. It actually tastes quite good, especially when mixed with nothing.

You watch Byron eat the eggnog ice cream. They appear to be enjoying it, perhaps you should sneak some out later?

Quote from: Tymewalk"We have tons of donuts!" the barista says, happily. "What kind would you like?"

"Hmm, well uhh... you got any jelly filled donuts?" Byron asks you.

Quote from: Tymewalk"Certainly!"

The barista hands Byron a cup filled with various green tags, each with some percent discount. They seem to be mixed with some sort of coffee base, and ooh, nice, 50% off on Dicey Dungeons! Byron will have to remember that one.

With your gift to Byron, you feel quite good about yourself. Byron's profuse thanking of you for your services certainly helps to elevate these feelings of goodness. As Byron waits for your response on the donuts, he begins to speak up. "Do you have a name?" Byron asks "I've been thanking you so much and yet I don't know who I'm thanking." As you think to yourself, you realize that you have assigned yourself a name yet. As such, you feel now would be an appropriate time to give yourself one.

What do you do?

Fishmael

"Wh- wait, weren't you just the main character?" the barista asks, having been correlated with the pronoun 'you' in the previous post. "And wasn't Tyme the GM? I'm all sorts of confused now..."

The barista tries to go back to being Byron, as failure to do so would make her very confused.
ke a safe just fell on a ca
hived, but I'm happy to tr
ouns are they/she, pleas
ive on the misc forums, i

Byron_Inc_TBG

"Eh, is this a name change? I'd say Kevin is a decent name.
eh

sparkycinnamon

"Actually, on second thought," Byron says, "I don't think this is a name change, as Joyous Theta's not the GM. Tymewalk is. Silly me."
I'm sparkycinnamon (formerly known as cheesyfriedeggs), but you can call me Cheesy, Spark, or Pipes. I like a lot of things, but the fandoms I am fixating on the most at the moment are object shows, Alphabet Lore, and KaBlam!.
non-binary (they/them but she/her is fine if we're close / omniromantic asexual / click here for some stuff about me / ;)

Byron_Inc_TBG

eh

Fishmael

Quote from: Byron_Inc_TBG"Eh, is this a name change? I'd say Kevin is a decent name.

Yes, Kevin sounds like it's your name. You've been hiding in this fridge for quite a while, but it sounds like there are some people outside of it in the cafe. Opening the door a crack you can see a barista and Byron. You're not sure how you know his name.

Quote from: cheesyfriedeggs"Actually, on second thought," Byron says, "I don't think this is a name change, as Joyous Theta's not the GM. Tymewalk is. Silly me."

"Oh, what a relief!" says the barista. "I was worried that we had the wrong person acting as the GM."

You quietly agree with the two of them from inside the fridge. They still don't seem to have noticed you. Hopefully you won't do anything to blow your cover.

Quote from: Byron_Inc_TBG"JOYOUS THETA! THAT EVIL!"

You shout about how evil Joyous Theta is for stealing the role of GM, alerting Byron and the barista to your presence.

"Kevin?" the barista asks. "What are you doing here?"

What do you do?
ouns are they/she, pleas

Byron_Inc_TBG

"FISHMAEL! THAT EVIL TOO!"
Byron shouted.
eh

Tymewalk

Hang on a second, you guys aren't the GMs of this CYOA, I am!

But I suppose a change of scenery temporarily wouldn't be so bad.

You are now the barista, after having had your whole world shaken up after realizing you are no longer just a mere NPC. A man named Byron appears to be asking for some donuts from you.

But of course, you need a name.

So then, what is your name, exactly?
Whosoever holds this banhammer, if he be worthy, shall possess the power of moderaThor...
he/him | Text Based Games Forums Discord Server | Just Dance 2014 | (つo.o)つ It's Kirby!
back on the road, back down the road, downtown, i don't have courage but i have something else - and it's more than words

Fishmael

Eggnog. The beverage is actually named after you.
ouns are they/she, pleas

Byron_Inc_TBG

"Eggnog it is! I created it."
eh

Fishmael

Kevin is getting a bit cold in that fridge.
ouns are they/she, pleas

Faressain

[X] Plan let's reveal the name.
-[X] Quest system, vote-based.
-[X] Name: Lyn
-[X] Goal: To estabilish a new system of playing CYOAs.
-[X] Ignore all those guys. You need to estabilish 1d100 system, with 1-5 as critical failures, and 96-100 as critical successes.
-[X] Allow making omakes.
Priest units never get old. WOLOLO!

A fate can be changed, everything will change. A destiny is just a container that keeps the liquid in - in this case a person.
Raise your voice, and say it with Twilight Sparkle! I am a kitty cat and I'm steppin' on pillow, steppin' steppin' on pillow, steppin' steppin' on pillow.

Have a twili-meow! /On discord as Vardaril#1783

Byron_Inc_TBG

Quote from: Faressain[X] Plan let's reveal the name.
-[X] Goal: To establish a new system of playing CYOAs.
-[X] Ignore all those guys. You need to establish 1d100 system, with 1-5 as critical failures, and 96-100 as critical successes.
+1
eh

Tymewalk

Quote from: FishmaelEggnog. The beverage is actually named after you.
Quote from: Byron_Inc_TBG"Eggnog it is! I created it."
Eggnog sounds nice. Your name is now Eggnog!

It appears the café is filling up with customers.
Quote from: FishmaelKevin is getting a bit cold in that fridge.
Who the heck is Kev- OH NO KEVIN

All right, you guys can now choose. Do you continue as Eggnog or switch to Kevin?
Quote from: Faressain[X] Plan let's reveal the name.
-[X] Goal: To estabilish a new system of playing CYOAs.
-[X] Ignore all those guys. You need to estabilish 1d100 system, with 1-5 as critical failures, and 96-100 as critical successes.
(Votes don't sound too bad. Let's start now! First choice to 3 votes or popular winner after a week will be chosen.)

Byron_Inc_TBG

Faressain's idea sounds good.
eh