News:

The moderation team plans to make revisions to the community guidelines. Detailed information about the changes can be found here. Your feedback is appreciated.

Main Menu

Instructions Unclear: The RPG of Memes

Started by Seanbobe, Apr 04, 2019, 08:48:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Seanbobe

Quote from: DuolingoHi! It's Duo.
Looks like you missed your English lesson. You know what happens now.
Oh no...

Someone missed their English lesson on Duolingo. Because of this, the English language has been erased. Unfortunately, we only know English. (If you know another language, pretend you don't for this RPG.) Fortunately, memes still exist, and so they are our only form of communication. Now it is up to a group of heroes to defeat Duolingo and restore the English language.

INSTRUCTIONS:
All character actions must be submitted in the form of a meme. I will interpret the meme to the best of my ability.
Any posts not made in the form of a meme will be ignored.
Please do not suggest actions to other players or ask other players for help finding a meme for an action.
Any memes go. Dead memes, new memes, current memes, TBG specific memes, as long as it is a meme, it can be used.
Follow TBG guidelines.
CHOOSE YOUR FIGHTER:
Name:
Stats: Split 10 points among the following:
     Strength:
     Wisdom:
     Luck:
Special skills: Since battles will be turn-based, give your character 2-3 battle skills.
Inventory:
Other:
RPG STUFF:
Stolen Obtained items:
2x Strawberry topkek: Heals 20 HP to 1 person
2x Chocolate topkek: Heals 30 HP to 1 person or revives a fainted ally with 10 HP
2x Orange topkek: Heals 10 HP and 10 MP to 1 person.
2x Grapefruit? topkek: Heals 5 HP to entire party.
2x Cinnamon?? topkek: Heals 5 HP to 1 person for the next 10 turns.
2x Raspberry??? topkek: Heals 20 MP.
2x Unknown topkek: Heals 5 MP for the next 10 turns.
THEY PROTEC, THEY ATTAC, THEY GET THE ENGLISH BACC.
Quote from: TymewalkName: Ed Edd N'eddy
     Strength: 3
     Wisdom: 4
     Luck: 3
Special skills: I have a few:
- Duolingo Stab - If an enemy has not practiced their language abilities in a while, Ed can teleport behind them and stab them. (Two memes in one, you didn't do your French, omae wa mou shindeiru!)
- Dab - Ed can charge at people with the full force of a dab. Does extra damage to haters.
- nothing personnel, kid - Ed can harness the powers of the darkness within his soul to create a pure blade made out of 100% grade-A edge, which he can use to slice objects or enemies.
(Let me know if they need to be nerfed or altered.)
Inventory: 5 copies of Shrek 2 on DVD. (Can I carry these with me?)
Other: Likes garlic bread, but who doesn't?
Quote from: DaEpikDudeName: Meme_Studio_Member12345
     Strength: 2
     Wisdom: 1
     Luck: 7
Special skills:
Copypasta Comment: Creates a comment that says "okay look. before this was a joke now it's seriously not. these ___ are actually disturbing me and if you do it again i will kick you from the studio" and throws it at the enemy. Deals some damage and could make the enemy confused. (Fails if I don't put the copypasta in my post.)
Circumflex Accent: Throws a whole bunch of arrows at the enemies. ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Please try harder.: Summons Paddle2See to attempt to ban an enemy.
Inventory: A box of crayons that says "waxicon pumplesticks".
Other: Thisandagain plz explain
Quote from: redgreenandblueName: Rick Astley
     Strength: 5
     Wisdom: 5
     Luck: 0
Special skills: Since battles will be turn-based, give your character 2-3 battle skills.
Never gonna give you up: Rickrolls the enemy, which deals damage.
Never gonna let you down: Picks the enemy up to demobilize them. (Probably making them take more damage from other people)
Never gonna run around and desert you: Yeah this doesn't do anything.
Inventory: A microphone.
Other: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQw4w9WgXcQ
Quote from: realicraftName: Nef
Special skills:
you wanna bad time: Summons bolt of lightning to stab opponents.
anonymous: Can put on a disguise that allows him to be stealthy.
SpellSCII: Type a bunch of random ASCII characters, doing something random such as healing an ally or damaging an opponent
Inventory: A singular banana.
Other: is smol n kyoot
FIGHTERS:
MP (Meme Points):16/50
Ed Edd N'eddy:
HP:15/20
Moves:
Duolingo stab(3MP): Deals large damage to a single enemy. Some enemies are immune.
Dab (2MP): Deals moderate damage to a single enemy.
Nothing Personnel, Kid (5MP): Summons a sword that raises attack power for a few turns. Sword can be given to teammates.
Meme_Studio_Member12345:
HP:8/20
Moves:
Copypasta Comment (3MP): Deals moderate damage and may confuse a single enemy.
Circumflex Accent (5MP): Deals moderate to large damage to all enemies. Deals more damage if there are less enemies.
Please try harder (4MP): May instantly defeat an enemy. Doesn't work on bosses.
Rick Astley:
HP:13/20
Moves:
Never gonna give you up (2MP): Deals moderate damage to a single enemy.
Never gonna let you down (3MP): Immobilizes an enemy for a turn and lowers defense. Doesn't immobilize bosses.
Never gonna run around and desert you (0MP): Usually does nothing.
Nef:
HP:10/20
Moves:
You wanna bad time (4MP): Deals moderate damage to all enemies.
Anonymous (2MP): Masks a single party member, raising luck temporarily.
SpellSCII (1MP): Does something. The move is unpredictable.
Ex Fighters:
Quote from: CrazeePiName: Lefty
     Strength: 0
     Wisdom: 3
Special skills:
Sales pitch: Attempts to sell an item to an enemy. Upon success, gain a nickle and lose the item. Items sold are returned after the battle.
  Stop Sign (Attack+ to all enemies)
  Empty Box (Evasion+ to all enemies)
  Painting with Four Elephants (Def+ to all enemies)
  Invisible Ice Cream (Move fails, item not removed from pool)
Pay taxes: Slightly heals a friend. All their statuses are removed. Every status removed increases the healing power of this move.
Buy memes: Restores 3 MP per party member.
My joke RPG: Instructions Unclear: The RPG of Memes
My serious RPG: Stop the Spambots!
My offline life: error 404

Tymewalk

Name: Ed Edd N'eddy
- Duolingo Stab - If an enemy has not practiced their language abilities in a while, Ed can teleport behind them and stab them. (Two memes in one, you didn't do your French, omae wa mou shindeiru!)
- Dab - Ed can charge at people with the full force of a dab. Does extra damage to haters.
- nothing personnel, kid - Ed can harness the powers of the darkness within his soul to create a pure blade made out of 100% grade-A edge, which he can use to slice objects or enemies.
Whosoever holds this banhammer, if he be worthy, shall possess the power of moderaThor...
he/him | Text Based Games Forums Discord Server | Just Dance 2014 | (つo.o)つ It's Kirby!
back on the road, back down the road, downtown, i don't have courage but i have something else - and it's more than words

Seanbobe

Quote from: TymewalkName: Ed Edd N'eddy
Weird flex, but okay. (Accepted.)

Blunderbus

Name: Meme_Studio_Member12345
Special skills:
Copypasta Comment: Creates a comment that says "okay look. before this was a joke now it's seriously not. these ___ are actually disturbing me and if you do it again i will kick you from the studio" and throws it at the enemy. Deals some damage and could make the enemy confused. (Fails if I don't put the copypasta in my post.)
Circumflex Accent: Throws a whole bunch of arrows at the enemies. ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
join Fragmented Future to RIDE A TRAIN! WOOOOOOO YEAH, TRAINS, BABY!

Seanbobe

Quote from: DaEpikDudeName: Meme_Studio_Member12345
Special skills:

redgreenandblue

Name: Rick Astley
Never gonna let you down: Picks the enemy up to demobilize them. (Probably making them take more damage from other people)
🌱

Seanbobe

Quote from: redgreenandblueName: Rick Astley

Seanbobe

So I'm gonna start this now.

Four days ago, the English language was deleted. Ed, Meme_Studio_Member12345, and Rick have joined together to try to get it back. They don't know any languages to talk to each other, but they recently discovered how to communicate with memes. Sadly, nobody knows how to save a language. The only information about the event that the group has is that eight lime green meteors were seen falling from the sky shortly after people stopped speaking English. One of the meteors landed on top of Grumpy Cat Factory, which is not too far from the office building the group is in now. Perhaps that would be a good place to start. But first you need to get out of the office.

realicraft

Name: Nef
Special skills:
SpellSCII: Type a bunch of random ASCII characters, doing something random such as healing an ally or damaging an opponent
it sure is 43.250.142.151       tbgforums.com time, i think
ewow status: 1a has released yet; voting has ended
videos | FS3 | FS3 Wiki | Ratings | Calendar | Universe Manager 2 | Sandbox
65536 progress: ~13.08% @ 97d (0y 3m 5d) [03/18/2024] {8572/65536}

:P:|:o

Seanbobe

Quote from: realicraftName: Nef
Special skills:
Weird flex, but okay (accepted).

Before the group can do anything, Nef walks into room. Nef leavn'ts the group!

realicraft

Blunderbus

redgreenandblue

🌱

Seanbobe

(Due to the image heavy nature of this RP, I'm not going to quote posts.)

Nef introduces himself to the group. Meme_Studio_Member12345 (Who I will call 12345 from now on for simplicity) approves of Nef. Rick reminds the group that they need to go to Grumpy Cat Factory, and begins walking toward the door that Nef walked in.

Joyous Theta

Name: Lefty
Special skills:
Sales Pitch: Lefty tries to sell an enemy an item or a buff. Successful sales cause Lefty to gain a nickle and remove the item/buff from Lefty. The enemy gains the item/buff and may use it however they please. Some items may have special effects when attempting to sell them, these will usually cost extra MP to sell. All items are returned to Lefty after the battle.
Pay Taxes: Lefty spends a nickle to pay a party member's taxes. This restores their HP and removes all buffs and debuffs, with additional HP restored for every buff/debuff removed. If the target has three or more buffs/debuffs, then they learn the importance of paying taxes so they don't end up in crippling debt and get the "Tax Payer" buff which temporarilly prevents them from getting debuffed.
Buy Memes: Lefty wastes a nickle buying memes so he can restore 30% of the party's meme points, what a loser ha ha.
Inventory:
- Bag of Holding Nickles (contains up to 5 nickles, cannot be sold with Sales Pitch)
- Nickle (x1) (cannot be sold with Sales Pitch)
- Stop Sign (stuns an enemy when attempting to sell with Sales Pitch, is not removed and does not give a nickle) (+2 MP)
- Empty Box
- Painting with Four Elephants (whenever a new enemy appears (whether through reinforcements or revival), the enemy holding the painting will get the bright idea of asking the new enemy to try to find the four elephants only for them to notice the painting and spot the four elephants before they can bring it up, both of their turns are wasted doing this) (+1 MP)
Other:
- Nickles are carried between battles
- The "Tax Payer" buff can be sold like other buffs and can count towards another "Tax Payer" buff.
- Just buy an o, and take it home, tonight, don't ask any questions.

Seanbobe

Quote from: CrazeePiName: Lefty
Special skills:
Sales Pitch: Lefty tries to sell an enemy an item or a buff. Successful sales cause Lefty to gain a nickle and remove the item/buff from Lefty. The enemy gains the item/buff and may use it however they please. Some items may have special effects when attempting to sell them, these will usually cost extra MP to sell. All items are returned to Lefty after the battle.
Pay Taxes: Lefty spends a nickle to pay a party member's taxes. This restores their HP and removes all buffs and debuffs, with additional HP restored for every buff/debuff removed. If the target has three or more buffs/debuffs, then they learn the importance of paying taxes so they don't end up in crippling debt and get the "Tax Payer" buff which temporarilly prevents them from getting debuffed.
Buy Memes: Lefty wastes a nickle buying memes so he can restore 30% of the party's meme points, what a loser ha ha.
Inventory:
- Bag of Holding Nickles (contains up to 5 nickles, cannot be sold with Sales Pitch)
- Nickle (x1) (cannot be sold with Sales Pitch)
- Stop Sign (stuns an enemy when attempting to sell with Sales Pitch, is not removed and does not give a nickle) (+2 MP)
- Empty Box
- Painting with Four Elephants (whenever a new enemy appears (whether through reinforcements or revival), the enemy holding the painting will get the bright idea of asking the new enemy to try to find the four elephants only for them to notice the painting and spot the four elephants before they can bring it up, both of their turns are wasted doing this) (+1 MP)
Other:
- Nickles are carried between battles
- The "Tax Payer" buff can be sold like other buffs and can count towards another "Tax Payer" buff.
- Just buy an o, and take it home, tonight, don't ask any questions.
I'm going to have to simplify your skills. I'll give you a chance to change the skills from what I simplify the current skills to. Nothing too complicated though. Otherwise, weird flex, but okay.

Seanbobe

Before the group does anything else, Lefty walks out from behind a potted plant.
Lefty Leavn'ts the group!

Seanbobe

The group looks around. In the room, there is a large glass window which cannot be opened, a potted plant, which Lefty just appeared from, a door, which Nef walked in through, two blank walls, a ceiling, which the rest of the group entered through, and a large wooden table that the group is standing around.

realicraft

Tymewalk

Whosoever holds this banhammer, if he be worthy, shall possess the power of moderaThor...
he/him | Text Based Games Forums Discord Server | Just Dance 2014 | (つo.o)つ It's Kirby!
back on the road, back down the road, downtown, i don't have courage but i have something else - and it's more than words

Seanbobe

Nef looks at the potted plant before picking it up and putting it in his pocket.
Stolen Obtained potted plant!
Ed looks at the table. It has a cardboard box that is taped shut on it.

(FYI the text didn't disappear when english was deleted. It just has no meaning now.)

Blunderbus

I am of the opinion that it would be favourable for us, our group, or "party" if you prefer, to perambulate over to the wooden object that is used for putting various other objects on it that is surrounded by ten shapes (that have supporting "legs" that have round rolling objects on the bottom) that are commonly used for other humans to sit on, take the large container shaped like a 6-sided three-dimensional object that is composed out of sevaral two-dimensional objects with four one-dimensional line segments at right angles to each other that is composed out of a material created from processed tree cells that is often used in these sorts of inexpensive storage containers, and that our group, or "party" if you prefer, should access the contents of this six-faced object so we may use whatever sort of items, gadgets, trinkets or otherwise may be contained within.

Joyous Theta

((Shouldn't Tymewalk and DaEpikDude's posts be ignored though since they're text and have no meaning?))

Seanbobe

Quote from: CrazeePi((Shouldn't Tymewalk and DaEpikDude's posts be ignored though since they're text and have no meaning?))
(They are memes. Text based memes still count. Words like "yesn't" don't mean anything without memes, but memes give them meaning.)

Seanbobe

12345 decides to try to open the box.
1d15=12+2(strength)=14
12345 struggles with the tape before ripping off the top of the box. Inside the box is several topkeks.
Stolen Obtained:
2x Strawberry topkek
2x Chocolate topkek
2x Orange topkek
2x Grapefruit? topkek
2x Cinnamon?? topkek
2x Raspberry??? topkek
2x Unknown topkek

The clock tolls 4 times. Since Grumpy Cat Factory closes at 5, you have 1 hour to get there.