News:

The moderation team is holding a poll on the topic of the site's connection to Scratch. More details can be found here. Your feedback is appreciated.

Main Menu

PMing

Started by Tai-Guy, Jun 19, 2013, 04:01:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jji7skyline

Well I won't be playing any pm based games so I'll check them :P
I see the world inside of one...
I see the world inside of two...
I see the world inside of me...
I see the world inside of you...                                 ~ Policy Concept

sanjayraj

How do you report pms

I'm back. For now.

jji7skyline

I presume it would be same or similar to reporting posts.
I see the world inside of one...
I see the world inside of two...
I see the world inside of me...
I see the world inside of you...                                 ~ Policy Concept

PreoKid

Well, what I've gathered from this is that the PM system would be private in that the messages are available only to admins/mods,  possibly only admins unless reported. They would be checked on a relatively random basis as opposed to a system that checks each and every message, that way it's easier on those moderating and doesn't violate any more privacy than required for moderation. Only mods/admins not participating in a game would moderate messages related to that game. The main uses of the PMs would be to send a message out of context to a specified person, sharing information for games only with those who are supposed to know according to the game rules, and any other reasons that one might need to send information hidden from the majority of the tbg users. A report button would be available for use when a message is deemed inappropriate but has not been observed by the moderation team as of yet.
Yep, I think that's about it so far.

I voted for the other guy.
"Many people hear voices when no one is there.
Some of them are called 'mad' and shut up in rooms where they stare at the walls all day.
Others are called 'writers,' and they do pretty much the same thing."

- Meg Chittenden

scratchisthebest

Hi

SuperJedi224

Please add this.

MrFlash67

Sounds good to me.
I'm a doctor for travellers.

sanjayraj

Quote from: PreoKidWell, what I've gathered from this is that the PM system would be private in that the messages are available only to admins/mods,  possibly only admins unless reported. They would be checked on a relatively random basis as opposed to a system that checks each and every message, that way it's easier on those moderating and doesn't violate any more privacy than required for moderation. Only mods/admins not participating in a game would moderate messages related to that game. The main uses of the PMs would be to send a message out of context to a specified person, sharing information for games only with those who are supposed to know according to the game rules, and any other reasons that one might need to send information hidden from the majority of the tbg users. A report button would be available for use when a message is deemed inappropriate but has not been observed by the moderation team as of yet.

What other guy

I'm back. For now.

GeonoTRON2000

Quote from: sanjayraj
Quote from: PreoKidWell, what I've gathered from this is that the PM system would be private in that the messages are available only to admins/mods,  possibly only admins unless reported. They would be checked on a relatively random basis as opposed to a system that checks each and every message, that way it's easier on those moderating and doesn't violate any more privacy than required for moderation. Only mods/admins not participating in a game would moderate messages related to that game. The main uses of the PMs would be to send a message out of context to a specified person, sharing information for games only with those who are supposed to know according to the game rules, and any other reasons that one might need to send information hidden from the majority of the tbg users. A report button would be available for use when a message is deemed inappropriate but has not been observed by the moderation team as of yet.

What other guy
Lol, you don't remember this guy?  He posts random, colored quotes that have nothing to do with his post.
https://github.com/GeonoTRON2000

Verify my signatures or send me encrypted messages:
https://geonotron2000.github.io/pgp.txt

sanjayraj

are u takking about preokid?

I'm back. For now.

GeonoTRON2000

Quote from: sanjayrajare u takking about preokid?
Uh... something like that.
https://github.com/GeonoTRON2000

Verify my signatures or send me encrypted messages:
https://geonotron2000.github.io/pgp.txt

sanjayraj

I'm back. For now.

Tai-Guy

"The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine." - Abraham Lincoln

]
                                                                                                                                                            Earth and Moon, showing their sizes and distance to scale. The yellow bar represents a pulse of light traveling from Earth to Moon in 1.26 seconds.

Yeroc8

Please make this

DownsGameClub

Quote from: Yeroc8Please make this
Wow!  I did not notice this before!

Could this be like the one used on intforums.com?  They have a PM system but I don't know how it works...  :lol:

Yeroc8

I don't think it actually exists, that's why I said that they should work on making it.

objecty

Quote from: Yeroc8I don't think it actually exists, that's why I said that they should work on making it.
No, he meant 'could we make it like that'
I don't use this website anymore (although I may check in or post occasionally), and have not for a while now. Sincerest apologies if you were wishing to communicate with me.
The vast majority of the things I have posted on here are old, and I regret them extremely. My attitude (i.e. annoyingness level (i.e. very high)) in such posts are (hopefully) not indicative of my current attitude (i.e. probably considerably less annoying). I thank all of my friends from earlier times here for tolerating my ignorance and idiocy.
Thank you.
(Also, I don't normally talk (well, type) like this. I just think it's fun. Bye.)

PrincessPandaTBG

Nearly 4 years and this hasn't been added yet.

A regular TBGer from 2015-7, bless Sonic the Hedgehog
DARN YOU LACK OF SUPPORT FOR WEBP

CellularData

don't think it will be added

i don't really like it as an idea either - if you need to message someone specifically you should just talk on scratch.  most people here have it
(insert something fun here)

TBGs motto of 2018: let's not die please

NotAJumbleOfNumbers

j u m b l e !

Currently listening to: Lemaitre - 1:18

CoolTBGGaming

WHY.

I WANTED TO BUMP THIS TOPIC SO BADLY.

D:<

(that's basically my job on  the TBGs lol)

EDIT: I didn't actually know if this was not on page 1. Maybe I bumped it? I sorta wanted to do a big bump I guess.
https://ecosia.org Switch to Ecosia to help save the environment while searching the internet!

I don't care if my signature doesn't get cut off on certain styles lol

i hate this account ngl

NotAJumbleOfNumbers

j u m b l e !

Currently listening to: Lemaitre - 1:18