News:

The moderation team is holding a poll on the topic of the site's connection to Scratch. More details can be found here. Your feedback is appreciated.

Main Menu

Moderator Election No. 7

Started by shpeters, Jun 09, 2013, 01:08:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shpeters

We are hosting our second moderator election, this being the seventh overall. We will choose one moderator who will be temporary (but may become permanent).

This is the discussion topic. This is where we can discuss speeches and ask any questions.

The only restriction to this election is that you must be a TBGer to run. This is not difficult, as it only requires that you post once after acheiving a post count of 20. Under ideal circumstances, this should take no more than slightly over an hour to complete.

The speech topic can be found here.
The ballot topic can be found here.
Pretend something interesting is here.

SomeNights-

Am I eligible if I registered less than a month ago?

360-International

SomeNights-

shpeters

Tai-Guy

i am so going to run :P

(just kidding)
"The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine." - Abraham Lincoln

]
                                                                                                                                                            Earth and Moon, showing their sizes and distance to scale. The yellow bar represents a pulse of light traveling from Earth to Moon in 1.26 seconds.

shpeters

Me too.

I'm still preparing my speech.

If you want I could retrieve the speeches from the last election.

SomeNights-

Quote from: shpetersNice speech.

SomeNights-

SJR

Quote from: SomeNights-When do the elections end?
Might be gone for a while.  :(

sanjayraj

I'm back. For now.

Tai-Guy

"The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine." - Abraham Lincoln

]
                                                                                                                                                            Earth and Moon, showing their sizes and distance to scale. The yellow bar represents a pulse of light traveling from Earth to Moon in 1.26 seconds.

sanjayraj

I'm back. For now.

tbg52

I'm not going to be active anymore, I've lost interest and time to invest in this sort of thing.

shpeters

Quote from: sanjayrajI just posted my speech.
Nice speech.

NoxSpooth

Maybe I'll make a speech... Maybe...
I dislike my previous signature now.

SuperJedi224

kayybee

Quote from: SuperJedi224Can I run?
No. Fead the first post.

If you want such a high position, at least take the time to read the information.

Dino

I just added my speech! :D

There's no age limit like in scratch is there? :/

sanjayraj

I'm back. For now.

sanjayraj

Quote from: SuperJedi224Can I run?
You have to be a TBGer and have 20 posts.

I'm back. For now.

shpeters

Quote from: jji10dinoI just added my speech! :D

There's no age limit like in scratch is there? :/
Nice speech.

There is no age limit.

@Staff: can I please sticky the speech topic at least temporarily? Looking for it is driving me crazy.

joefarebrother

If I run, do I have to make a speech?
Play me on chess.com! Scratch group!   √-1 2³ ∑ 3.14, and it was delicious!

Either your internet was too slow, or you're using the wrong theme, so you lost the game.

shpeters

Quote from: joefarebrotherIf I run, do I have to make a speech?
Yes.

If you really want I suppose you could post a sentence or something, but I recommend using your entire paragraph. After all, you are trying to convince people to vote for you, and if you are really dedicated to becoming mod you should be willing to give up some of your time to write a paragraph.

joefarebrother

ok then i won't bother with it. Maybe i'll run in the next election.
Play me on chess.com! Scratch group!   √-1 2³ ∑ 3.14, and it was delicious!

Either your internet was too slow, or you're using the wrong theme, so you lost the game.