News:

The moderation team plans to make revisions to the community guidelines. Detailed information about the changes can be found here. Your feedback is appreciated.

Main Menu

MFG FAQ

Started by kayybee, Apr 23, 2013, 01:37:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kayybee

What is a MFG?
A multi-file game.
Originally started by wiimaster, each player gets his/her own file in a game. Usually, each player is on his/her own topic playing separately, however some/many MFGs allow multiple people on each topic/user interaction between topics.

How do I create one?
The same way you create a normal TBG/RPG.
Just think of an idea, start a new topic, type your stuff, and hope people play!
The only difference is that you would make it in the MFG Main Topics subforum, and that you would create files (new topics) after people join in the MFG Game Files subforum.

Can they only be RPGs?
No! TBGs are definitely allowed as MFGs!

What are some unique kinds of MFGs?
Some include:
-those that allow more than one player
-those that are only for a match/game and are reset after
-those that allow user interaction between games
Try to think of your own twists on MFGs to make it fun!

Any more questions? Ask below!

kayybee

ilikellamas

Just asking because I have nowhere else to put this, what is the difference between a "quote" and a "quick quote?" Aren't they the same?
Check out my account on Scratch, llamaguy! http://www.scratch.mit.edu/users/llamaguy
--    --
O    O
    |
\_____/

kayybee

Quote from: ilikellamasJust asking because I have nowhere else to put this, what is the difference between a "quote" and a "quick quote?" Aren't they the same?
They have the same function, but quote opens a new page and quick quote keeps it on the same page.

Maybe for those with slower connections who don't want to load another page?
And quote for those who want a bigger box?

Next time, you can ask in the "Questions and Suggestions" topic in the TBGs forum.

Tai-Guy

or to quote more thin one thing
"The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine." - Abraham Lincoln

]
                                                                                                                                                            Earth and Moon, showing their sizes and distance to scale. The yellow bar represents a pulse of light traveling from Earth to Moon in 1.26 seconds.

wiimaster

Thanks for the mention! ;)

kayybee

Quote from: wiimasterThanks for the mention! ;)
No problem :)

JJROCKER

Is there any way to get to the archive of the old TBGs on Scratch?

4 different signatures in one! Try refreshing the page and see if it will change!

Uzi

How many files are allowed?
lol this signature was so bad i had to change it to something else

DaAlchemist

This is what I need for my multi-team competition... to protect or slay The Wizard of Yendor... perhaps later if Perplexicon doesn't work out.
My ideas aren't interesting enough.
Or there just aren't enough people to play them.
Not enough people on RPGs.
Wait, 8 guests?
At least Perplexicon is active. Laser, Darkfire, lalala, jji10dino, and Alpa, the game is moving!
Four turns online. More to come...

MrMarioTBGs

Question: Is it possible to close a topic?
I don't know why I came back here, but I'm never coming back again.

jji7skyline

Quote from: MrMarioTBGsQuestion: Is it possible to close a topic?
If you want to close a topic, click the Report button for the topic post and enter a reason why you want the topic closed and a moderator will close it for you.
I see the world inside of one...
I see the world inside of two...
I see the world inside of me...
I see the world inside of you...                                 ~ Policy Concept

Faressain

Multiply Based games can be both Tbg and Rpg, but as I can't get on either, due there is TBG parts(Attack), and RPG parts (HP, RP), so MFG could be named MFG/MBG
Priest units never get old. WOLOLO!

A fate can be changed, everything will change. A destiny is just a container that keeps the liquid in - in this case a person.
Raise your voice, and say it with Twilight Sparkle! I am a kitty cat and I'm steppin' on pillow, steppin' steppin' on pillow, steppin' steppin' on pillow.

Have a twili-meow! /On discord as Vardaril#1783

Seanbobe

Quote from: FaressainMultiply Based games can be both Tbg and Rpg, but as I can't get on either, due there is TBG parts(Attack), and RPG parts (HP, RP), so MFG could be named MFG/MBG
That would be RPG most likely.
My joke RPG: Instructions Unclear: The RPG of Memes
My serious RPG: Stop the Spambots!
My offline life: error 404

Faressain

RPG don't use creative attacks. A bit chaotic type of the game is coming from crossover of TBG(1 part), MFG(Intermissions as private GModder, Stats, Game) and RPG(Limitation).
Priest units never get old. WOLOLO!

A fate can be changed, everything will change. A destiny is just a container that keeps the liquid in - in this case a person.
Raise your voice, and say it with Twilight Sparkle! I am a kitty cat and I'm steppin' on pillow, steppin' steppin' on pillow, steppin' steppin' on pillow.

Have a twili-meow! /On discord as Vardaril#1783

NasomiXIV

Are we allowed to re-create our favorite non-text-based video games like The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time?
WARNING: I am insane.
They say games are a product, rather than a service. Certainly a nice thought, however this is more fiction than truth.
Each and every day, new games are created, with most being infested with microtransactions, paid expansions, and subscription services, bogging down (or blocking off entirely) the user experience until they cough up their life savings, even after having already purchased the game. However, we as fans have remedied the problems that plague modern games through modifications and fan servers. There is, however, one last game to fix.

This is why I have changed my name. To spread awareness of what must be done. What we want. We want...NasomiXIV.

1 2

Pikachu took a vacation.

Scratch137

Quote from: kayybee
Quote from: ilikellamasJust asking because I have nowhere else to put this, what is the difference between a "quote" and a "quick quote?" Aren't they the same?
They have the same function, but quote opens a new page and quick quote keeps it on the same page.

Next time, you can ask in the "Questions and Suggestions" topic in the TBGs forum.
Quick quote just opens up a quote in the quick post box.
hello!
i was most active here in 2017 and 2018.
i still check in sometimes, but not very often.

if you'd like to get in touch, you can reach me on scratch.

TheTealWashableMarker

Quote from: Scratch137
Quote from: kayybee

Quick quote just opens up a quote in the quick post box.
...You're replying to something from over 4 years ago...
"I can't think of a quote to put here" - me, right now

Shpore

redgreenandblue

Quote from: Shporebump

what... what- what? sgyagf what? why? what?!?
🌱

Karanrimé

The human(?) previously known on this site as ChildGamer

[under construction]

;

Shpore

Quote from: TBGChildGamer
OH NO I'M NOT SIMPLE

Shpore