News:

The moderation team plans to make revisions to the community guidelines. Detailed information about the changes can be found here. Your feedback is appreciated.

Main Menu

Cold Stream Laboratory - A roleplay

Started by ChaoticControversies, Jan 11, 2023, 01:01:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChaoticControversies

Cold Stream is a mysterious lab in Ohio, USA run by scheming scientists that nobody, not even the government knows about.

The laboratory is home to the strangest and what thought to be impossible(and illegal) experiments, such as talking plants/animals, hybrids between humans and animals, a device used to translate animal noises into a language that humans could understand and a lot more.

However, as specified in the first paragraph, nobody, except the scientists themselves know about the lab's existence. This laboratory is kept under wraps due to the fact that
the experiments are too dangerous to be known by any normal human being. And nobody knows how the government will use Cold Stream's research for good or bad. The scientists also have their own plans with their creations.  Hence why the very existence of this lab is kept a secret.

-
Rules
Rules
- Human/Humanoid characters only.

- Three characters per user (2 scientists, 1 experiment)

- Characters must be 16+

- Characters must have both strengths and flaws in their personality

- No taking control of characters that do not belong to you(aka godmodding)

- Any lab experiments may only have 2 powers

- Keep this realistic, please

- This is a serious RP, so please don't fill out a character bio with memes, please (despite the fact that this roleplay is set in Ohio)

- No characters from fandoms, please(OCs only)

- Don't perform an action without giving the affected character(s) a chance to respond

- No overpowering

- Don't kill off any characters without the permission of the original owner

- Stay active, please
- Don't break lore, please (e.g: telling somebody from the government about the existence of this lab)

- LGBT+ characters are welcome in this roleplay(so no homophobia/queerphobia, please)

- By joining this roleplay, you agree to follow all these rules
-
Kinda quit

ChaoticControversies

-
Characters:

Scientists/Humans:
Laboratory Director:
(1/1)
@ChaoticControversies:
Spencer Pines, male(he/him), 37, has wavy dirty blonde hair, tan skin and blue eyes

Principal Investigator
(0/1)

Lab Managers:
(0/2)

Researchers:
(unlimited)
@\\/\/:
Samuel Franson, male(he/him), 30, black hair and black eyes, with a pale complexion caused by a deficit in exposure to sunlight

Technicians:
(unlimited)
@Joyous Theta:
Samantha Scrandly, Female(she/her), 26, Short brown hair and brown eyes

Assistants:
(unlimited)

Undergrads/Students:
(unlimited)
@ChaoticControversies:
Cordelia Northwest, non-binary(they/them), 24, has green eyes, long straightish-wavy brown hair with its ends dyed pastel blue and has a light olive skin tone
-
Experiments:
- Runaway
@ChaoticControversies:
CSL-32, genderless (they/it), 19, A thin translucent green humanoid with no hair and having the appearance of a stereotypical alien, can turn their body into slime and spew acid from its mouth

- Lab
@HardComet177081:
Shadow(?), genderless(they/them), age unknown, wears a black cloak that covers their whole body which has never been taken off so their appearance of their actual body is unknown, their eyes glow purple, and their skin is predicted to be a dark colour, is a skilled warrior and can teleport short distances
Kinda quit

ChaoticControversies

Character bio(fill this in if you want to join):
Username(with @):
Full name:
Role(Human/Experiment):
Gender and Pronouns:
Personality:
Rank(if scientist):
Powers/Abilities(if experiment):
Extra notes:
Kinda quit

ChaoticControversies

Locations:
When roleplaying, please specify which location below your character is in (e.g: ORP - Park )

Park - The lab is located at the centre of a park which has a lot a greenery. Some of the lab's past experiments might be roaming free in the more 'wild' areas of the park. Scientists normally come to chill here in their free time.

Outside The Lab Building - The outside of the lab is a large brown villa, hidden by a circle of trees

Entrance to the Lab - The villa is mostly empty, but somewhere in the building, there is a trapdoor that leads down a few stairs to a elevator, which travels down to the lab. There is a special kind of facial recognition that will only allow Cold Stream members to use the elevator.

Library - A room hidden behind an empty bookshelf in the villa which has a lot of books, especially banned ones. Scientists come to read here and chill in their free time.

Lab - It looked like any ordinary laboratory, but with more advanced technology for its era. Cold Stream Scientists do their experiments and research here.

Experiment Containment Room - All the living experiments are contained in a large cylindrical glass container, which is filled with a transparent greenish-fluid. The more humanoid experiments wear what looks like a hard grey suit to maintain the shape of their bodies
Kinda quit

Joyous Theta

Username(with @): @Joyous Theta
Full name: Samantha Scrandly
Gender and Pronouns: Female, she/her
Appearance(describe it in words please): Short brown hair and brown eyes
Personality: A bit bubbly, but smart and knows when to act serious. A little bit on the gullible side however.
Extra notes:

Wolfslime123

Username(with @): @\\/\/
Full name: Samuel Franson
Gender and Pronouns: Male He/Him
Appearance(describe it in words please): black hair and black eyes, with a pale complexion caused by a deficit in exposure to sunlight
Personality: prideful and reserved, but sometimes and to degrees, thoughtful, under extenuating circumstances
Extra notes: Has begun to wonder if research at Cold Streams has any point to it
Yours Truly,
\\/\/

ChaoticControversies

[quote=Joyous Theta]Username(with @): @Joyous Theta
Full name: Samantha Scrandly
Gender and Pronouns: Female, she/her
Appearance(describe it in words please): Short brown hair and brown eyes
Personality: A bit bubbly, but smart and knows when to act serious. A little bit on the gullible side however.
Extra notes:[/quote]
[quote=\//Username(with @): @\\/\/
Full name: Samuel Franson
Gender and Pronouns: Male He/Him
Appearance(describe it in words please): black hair and black eyes, with a pale complexion caused by a deficit in exposure to sunlight
Personality: prideful and reserved, but sometimes and to degrees, thoughtful, under extenuating circumstances
Extra notes: Has begun to wonder if research at Cold Streams has any point to it[/quote]
◐ accepted
Kinda quit

ChaoticControversies

◐ Cordelia was in The Library, reading a book on interdimensional portals while drinking a cup of coffee. They jotted down some things in a notepad while enjoying their coffee.
Kinda quit

ChaoticControversies

(Bump - also you can have experiments as characters now!)
Kinda quit

HardComet177081

Username(with @): @HardComet177081
Full name: Unknown, most people call them 'Shadow'
Role(Human/Experiment): Experiment
Gender and Pronouns: they/them
Appearance(describe it in words please): wears a black cloak that covers their whole body, has never been taken off so their appearance of their actual body is unknown, their eyes glow purple, and their skin is predicted to be a dark colour
Personality: secretive
Rank(if scientist): N/A
Extra notes: (might edit later)

Let me know if I need to change anything.
Yes

ChaoticControversies

Quote from: HardComet177081Username(with @): @HardComet177081
Appearance(describe it in words please): wears a black cloak that covers their whole body, has never been taken off so their appearance of their actual body is unknown, their eyes glow purple, and their skin is predicted to be a dark colour
Personality: secretive
Extra notes: (might edit later)

Let me know if I need to change anything.
Could you expand/elaborate on their personality? And does Shadow have any powers of some sort?
Kinda quit

HardComet177081

Username(with @): @HardComet177081
Personality: secretive, never talks unless asked a question or provoked, tries to stay out of the way of other experiments, but seems to be fine hanging around the scientists, and often spends a lot of time around where they are working
Extra notes: skilled warrior, can teleport short distances
Yes

ChaoticControversies

Quote from: HardComet177081Username(with @): @HardComet177081
Personality: secretive, never talks unless asked a question or provoked, tries to stay out of the way of other experiments, but seems to be fine hanging around the scientists, and often spends a lot of time around where they are working
Extra notes: skilled warrior, can teleport short distances

Accepted! (You can roleplay, I'll add your character to the list a bit later)
Kinda quit

Joyous Theta

Samantha works on fixing the air conditioning in the library, having been broken a little while back.

((I have no idea what's going on.))

HardComet177081

Quote from: Joyous ThetaSamantha works on fixing the air conditioning in the library, having been broken a little while back.

The Shadow Watches her from the corner, not moving

((Yeh, I think we should make something interesting happen, otherwise this is gonna get boring))
Yes

Joyous Theta

Samantha finishes fixing the air conditioning, turns to leave, and then nearly does a double take when she sees the Shadow. Wasn't that one of the experiments? Were they... supposed to be in the library?

Samantha keeps her eyes on the Shadow as she sidesteps away while occasionally looking around to see if there's anybody more qualified for what she assumes to be a break out.

HardComet177081

The Shadow Watches her leave, then slowly leaves the library out of a different exit, and travels back to the laboratory
Yes

ChaoticControversies

Cordelia was at the laboratory. They were carefully carrying some test tubes in a test tube rack that had some unknown substance inside them.
Kinda quit

HardComet177081

The Shadow entered the lab through the door behind Cordelia. The Shadow then walked over to the corner of the room, and watched Cordelia work, without saying a word.
Yes

Joyous Theta

Samantha begins to look for somebody of higher authority to report this incident to, starting with leaving the library into the entrance.

Incendiary

Username: @Incendiary
Full name: Aurelia Rose
Role: Escaped experiment
Gender and Pronouns: female, (???/???)
Appearance: very pale skin with a purple hue, her face appears perpetually tired, violet hair, black t-shirt and pants, blue coloured "cracks" on her forearms
Personality: friendly and well-mannered in general, but also quite unstable
Powers/Abilities(if experiment): high resistance to kinetic impacts, fire and chemicals, can launch crystal fragments at supersonic velocity, can grow small crystalline structures.
Extra notes: Aurelia was kidnapped as a teenager by researchers and used as a test subject against her will, she has permanently been fused with an unknown crystal matter and forced into hard labour before ultimately escaping. She remains on the run while Cold Stream security attempts to locate her. It seems tracking devices have failed and there is no way to pinpoint their location.
Just another internet user and anime transbian catgirl dealing with the boring dystopia that is our society. If you were looking for something interesting here, you've come to the wrong place.

My discord is Incendiary__ and you can join my server at https://discord.gg/k2ywUzBAED
My Twitch channl is available at https://twitch.tv/incendiaryoce

Luigis_Pizza

Username(with @): @Luigis_Pizza
Full name: Johnathan Johnathan JohnathanJonathan the 43rd (a.k.a. Joe Johnny JohnJoe the 43rd)
Gender and Pronouns: Male, He/Him
Appearance(describe it in words please): Brown hair, blue eyes. He is 5ft. 6" and is always wearing a blue shirt and black pants. And his signature Fake Jordan's.
Personality: Gullable
Rank(if scientist):
Powers/Abilities(if experiment): Has Psychic Powers, but doesn't yet know how to use them
Extra notes: Joe was taken from his family, he does not know his real name or family. The people who experimented on him called everyone Johnathan Johnathan JohnathanJohnathan and he was the 43rd experiment, he was the only successful experiment and as he was broken out of the lab, he gained his nickname from his saviour and best friend.
Give The Reality a Chance, Let it sink in...
Status Message: Seeping into your dreams since January 13th 2024
Almost...
Call me Luigi or Matt/Matthew. I like JJBA. I released a game on gamejolt under Ernie_Games_Official. Made the 666666th post and I used to be the most active because I have no life...
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure is awesome
My discord is phantomluigi, please contact me if you want to chat im bored (or send me an email)

Incendiary

Just another internet user and anime transbian catgirl dealing with the boring dystopia that is our society. If you were looking for something interesting here, you've come to the wrong place.

My discord is Incendiary__ and you can join my server at https://discord.gg/k2ywUzBAED
My Twitch channl is available at https://twitch.tv/incendiaryoce

HardComet177081

Is anyone going to say anything related to the roleplay?

Also bump, I guess
Yes

Joyous Theta

((I think everyone's just waiting on Chaotic?))