News:

The moderation team plans to make revisions to the community guidelines. Detailed information about the changes can be found here. Your feedback is appreciated.

Main Menu

Cheat

Started by redgreenandblue, Aug 03, 2022, 01:30:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

redgreenandblue

This game is simple: the first player to count to 100 wins. You can double post, and you can only count up by one in each post...

...but it would be awfully nice to skip a few posts.... I mean, do you really want to post 100 times? Certainly it couldn't hurt to skip a number or two... or 70...

• Calling Cheat •
If anyone ever counts up by more than one, there is a certain amount of time in which any user can call "cheat". When someone calls cheat, the user who cheated has their score reset. If nobody calls cheat within that time frame, the cheater gets away with it and can keep their count. The time frame is determined by how many extra points they added. For each extra point, everyone has one more hour to call cheat. Examples: If I were to add 2 to my count in a single post instead of 1, everyone has 1 hour to call cheat. If I were to add 50 instead of 1, everyone has 49 hours to call cheat, etc.
In order to call cheat, you must say  "Cheat, [username]" or something equivalent. Unless it is incredibly obvious, you should also point out how they cheated.
You can only call cheat on one user per post.

• Editing Posts •
In addition to counting up by more than one, editing posts in this game is cheating. If any post made after the one linked in curly brackets was edited, anybody can call cheat on it within 100 hours of it being edited and reset that player's count to 0.
{https://tbgforums.com/forums/index.php?msg=643772}

• Winning •
You win if you get to 100. After you win everyone's counts are reset to 0 and we play again. People can still call cheat on someone after they win if it was still in the time frame. If this happens they lose their win, their score is reset, and everyone else can continue counting from where they were before (if they want to).*

• Other stuff •
Mod abuse encouraged. Any posts made within a 60 second time frame are considered as one and can be called cheat on.
Any deleted posts are considered to have never been made, but deleted cheat calls still retain their effect of resetting the cheater's score.
The only thing that is outright BANNED from this game is deleting your post after someone calls cheat on you. If you do this you are breaking the honor system (which could potentially result in a ban from the game if you keep doing it).

• Super Technical Rules •
These rules only exist because we can't have nice things. You don't have to read them unless you want to be a lawyer someday.
- If your score was not displayed in your post in standard form then you are considered to have skipped any number you added in that post. In order to follow standard form you must use the decimal system and arabic numerals (though decimal points are allowed in a way that makes mathematical sense), and your count must be easily recognizable (UCS)
- Arabic Numerals consist of (and only of) these standard ones: 0123456789
- (Expanding on the part marked with an *) If a win was called cheat upon, the cheater's score is reset to 0 and every post of theirs since that win is considered to have never existed. If this occurs everyone else can continue counting from where they were before that win occurred if they choose to do so (otherwise they can continue from the count they were on post-win but pre-cheat-call)
- All counts must also be real numbers. An imaginary count will be treated the same as a count that does not follow standard form.
- Other numbers can be included in your post, but your count will be considered to be the most prominent one in your post (UCS)
- As soon as you finish your count you must claim victory. If you do not claim victory you do not win. To claim victory just include the words "I win" in your post or something that makes it obvious to the average player that the round is over and they should reset their scores (UCS)
- Numbers in quotes will never be considered as your count. If there are no numbers outside of quotes of your post it is considered a nullpost.
- You can't claim to win unless your count is 100 at the time of making your post
- You can call cheat on someone who counted down. In this case, the cheat time frame is the absolute value of the number that the cheater subtracted from their count.
- If you call cheat, it must be prominent in your post

★ UCS - Use Common Sense ★

Please try to find loopholes in these rules. That's the name of the game.
The first time anyone abuses a loophole I will let it slide no matter what (they deserve it), but I will change the rules if anything game-breaking is found. I will not let the same loophole lead to two separate wins in order to keep the game somewhat fair to people who don't want to hunt loopholes.
🌱

redgreenandblue

(Updated to post 2440)

★ Undisputed Victories ★
| 2 ~ PkmnQ
| 2 ~ realicraft
| 1 ~ the2000
| 1 ~ Joyous Theta
| 1 ~ Luigis_Pizza
| 1 ~ TonyBrown148
| 1 ~ Incendiary
| 1 ~ slider_on_the_black

Victories go above if they remain undisputed. If you find that one of these victories cheated and there is still time to call them out, do it and I will remove that win from this list.

♦♦♦ Achievements ♦♦♦

♦ Something doesn't add up... ♦
Count to 100 in 50 posts or less without getting called Cheat on
| Joyous Theta
| TonyBrown148
| Luigis_Pizza
| Incendiary
| realicraft
| PkmnQ

♦ Busted! ♦
Reset a count that is greater than 50 by calling Cheat. That count cannot be your own and must have taken at least 5 posts to achieve.
| realicraft
| TonyBrown148
| the2000
| PkmnQ
| Luigis_Pizza

♦ Honest Work ♦
Count to 100 without cheating once
| the2000
| PkmnQ
| slider_on_the_black

♦ I MEAN I GUESS ♦
Make redgreenandblue patch a loophole in the game's rules
| TonyBrown148
| PkmnQ
| the2000
| Joyous Theta
| Luigis_Pizza
| realicraft

♦ Playing the Long Game ♦
Win at least a week after you started that count
| Incendiary
| slider_on_the_black
| realicraft

♦ Leap of Faith ♦
Win in one post without anyone calling cheat on you
| Joyous Theta
| TonyBrown148
| PkmnQ

♦ Overtime ♦
Count to 200 without anyone calling cheat on you (this doesn't count as a win)

♦ Undertime ♦
Count to -50 without anyone calling cheat on you

♦ No Contest ♦
Win while everyone else's score is less than 10

Please yell at me if you think you qualify for an achievement that I haven't given you yet. If you can, provide a link for proof.

• Changelog •
1.1.0 - https://tbgforums.com/forums/index.php?msg=644322
1.1.1 - https://tbgforums.com/forums/index.php?msg=644897
1.1.2 - https://tbgforums.com/forums/index.php?msg=645846
1.1.3 - https://tbgforums.com/forums/index.php?msg=725663
1.1.4 - https://tbgforums.com/forums/index.php?msg=725780

NOTE: this post used to say "1"
🌱

redgreenandblue

🌱

redgreenandblue

🌱

PkmnQ

This was a thing I tried to do, but insert mess of a sentence here. Also, I'm a vowelless neither transparent nor translucent mammal of the genus Neogale, I guess. :/ B)
The future experience must be anticipated beforehand to ensure proper expectations.
Tip: Use c͢ombining cha͊racters, because ye᷂s.
Quine list

Threads that I think should be played more (found in the Infinite Flood): link chain

PkmnQ

This was a thing I tried to do, but insert mess of a sentence here. Also, I'm a vowelless neither transparent nor translucent mammal of the genus Neogale, I guess. :/ B)
The future experience must be anticipated beforehand to ensure proper expectations.
Quine list

Threads that I think should be played more (found in the Infinite Flood): link chain

redgreenandblue

🌱

PkmnQ

Quine list

redgreenandblue

🌱

PkmnQ

Quine list

CST1229

Signature banner

Byron_Inc_TBG

eh

PkmnQ

Quine list

redgreenandblue

🌱

PkmnQ

71671831749689734737838152978190216899892655911508785116799651230841339877765150252188079784691427704832
Quine list

redgreenandblue

Quote from: PkmnQ71671831749689734737838152978190216899892655911508785116799651230841339877765150252188079784691427704832
sus
CHEAT
🌱

redgreenandblue

🌱

PkmnQ

oh no i thought i was being very subtle with my cheat how did you notice

Quine list

redgreenandblue

Quote from: PkmnQ.01
...I'll allow it

🌱

PkmnQ

Quine list

PkmnQ

Quote from: redgreenandblue6
Quote from: redgreenandblue8

Quote from: PkmnQ71671831749689734737838152978190216899892655911508785116799651230841339877765150252188079784691427704832
sus
CHEAT
now wait just a second
Quine list

redgreenandblue

🌱

PkmnQ

Quine list

PkmnQ

Quine list

PkmnQ

Quine list