News:

The moderation team plans to make revisions to the community guidelines. Detailed information about the changes can be found here. Your feedback is appreciated.

Main Menu

Alter the Universe CYOA

Started by Tymewalk, Apr 08, 2022, 01:41:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tymewalk

This topic may not ABSOLUTELY will not get updates super frequently but I feel like running a CYOA regardless.

This is Jim.

Jim has just woken up. He is about to go for a normal day at his normal job. Jim knows that he likes his job.

What he doesn't know is he's about to divide by zero, destroying the universe.

Your goal is to do anything but controlling Jim in order to stop him from destroying the universe.

Rules
- Jim will take an action each turn, just as if he was the main character in some other CYOA.
- You can do anything that doesn't directly control Jim or directly alter his actions. Indirectly altering them is fine.
- Jim has Level 5 Plot Armor™ and is very good at adapting to new situations. Stopping Jim will be difficult.
- You can not destroy the universe, it's your job to stop that!
- You can not make dividing by zero possible. Doing so will destroy the universe no matter what.
- Outside of that, anything goes. Alter anything about Jim and the universe he lives in to stop him.

Turn 0
Jim wakes up and gets out of bed.
Whosoever holds this banhammer, if he be worthy, shall possess the power of moderaThor...
he/him | Text Based Games Forums Discord Server | Just Dance 2014 | (つo.o)つ It's Kirby!
back on the road, back down the road, downtown, i don't have courage but i have something else - and it's more than words

realicraft

it sure is 43.250.142.151       tbgforums.com time, i think
ewow status: 1a has released yet; voting has ended
videos | FS3 | FS3 Wiki | Ratings | Calendar | Universe Manager 2 | Sandbox
65536 progress: ~13.08% @ 97d (0y 3m 5d) [03/18/2024] {8572/65536}

:P:|:o

Joyous Theta

Add a paywall to using calculators.

Byron_Inc_TBG

Add an NPC that tells Jim to do tan(90°) instead.
I know that involves dividing by 0.
So nevermind.
eh

Incendiary

A giant man with a big gun will show up and slap Jim if he gets close to a calculator
Just another internet user and anime transbian catgirl dealing with the boring dystopia that is our society. If you were looking for something interesting here, you've come to the wrong place.

My discord is Incendiary__ and you can join my server at https://discord.gg/k2ywUzBAED
My Twitch channl is available at https://twitch.tv/incendiaryoce

Luigis_Pizza

A band of calculator hating persons appear.
Give The Reality a Chance, Let it sink in...
Status Message: Seeping into your dreams since January 13th 2024
Almost...
Call me Luigi or Matt/Matthew. I like JJBA. I released a game on gamejolt under Ernie_Games_Official. Made the 666666th post and I used to be the most active because I have no life...
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure is awesome
My discord is phantomluigi, please contact me if you want to chat im bored (or send me an email)

Maew Nryang

A bunch of NPC hold signs saying "DO NOT DIVIDE BY ZERO" as Jim passes by.
*See XKCD 1688.
Hi. My name is Maew Nryang. Please call me "Maew", not "Nryang".
NEW GAME: https://tbgforums.com/forums/index.php?topic=6658.0

Luigis_Pizza

A time traveler from the future starts screaming dont divide by zero to no one in particular.
Almost...
Call me Luigi or Matt/Matthew. I like JJBA. I released a game on gamejolt under Ernie_Games_Official. Made the 666666th post and I used to be the most active because I have no life...
My discord is phantomluigi, please contact me if you want to chat im bored (or send me an email)

Maew Nryang

An alien civilization displays "DO NOT DIVIDE BY ZERO" on everyone's eyes.
*See XKCD 1688.

Maew Nryang

John saw the following error messages everywhere
Deprecated: mysql_escape_string(): This function is deprecated; use mysql_real_escape_string() instead. in /home/tbgstk/public_html/forums/viewtopic.php on line 350

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/tbgstk/public_html/forums/include/parser.php on line 810
*See XKCD 1688.

Byron_Inc_TBG

eh

Tymewalk

Turn 1
Quote from: realicraftThe fire alarm goes off.
The fire alarm runs out of batteries and promptly begins beeping as loudly as it can.
Quote from: Joyous ThetaAdd a paywall to using calculators.
Bam! All calculators now cost $1 per use. You can, of course, buy the Platinum Subscription for $100 a year. You have a sneaking suspicion this is the work of some two-letter company famous for video games...
Quote from: Byron_Inc_TBGAdd an NPC that tells Jim to do tan(90°) instead.
I know that involves dividing by 0.
So nevermind.
Jim already has plenty of motivation to divide by zero, he doesn't need more!

But no NPC appears, since you chose to cancel the action. For now, everything is safe.
Quote from: IncendiaryGamingA giant man with a big gun will show up and slap Jim if he gets close to a calculator
The GIANT MAN with his BIG GUN are now following Jim. Jim is not very sure who this GIANT MAN is. Perhaps he is the infamous Heavy Weapons Guy?
Quote from: Luigis_PizzaA band of calculator hating persons appear.
Of course! Outside of Jim's house, the annual Protest Against Calculators is going on. You might think they just don't like math, but they're actually funded by the abacus industry.
Quote from: TonyBrown148A bunch of NPC hold signs saying "DO NOT DIVIDE BY ZERO" as Jim passes by.
Quote from: Luigis_PizzaA time traveler from the future starts screaming dont divide by zero to no one in particular.
Quote from: TonyBrown148An alien civilization displays "DO NOT DIVIDE BY ZERO" on everyone's eyes.
Despite many people's warnings, Jim does not care. His goal is to divide by zero! After all, it's his job.
Quote from: TonyBrown148John saw the following error messages everywhere
Deprecated: mysql_escape_string(): This function is deprecated; use mysql_real_escape_string() instead. in /home/tbgstk/public_html/forums/viewtopic.php on line 350

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/tbgstk/public_html/forums/include/parser.php on line 810
John is very confused, but thankfully, John is only going to divide by 19, a perfectly safe number.

Jim walks into his kitchen and begins making breakfast.
Whosoever holds this banhammer, if he be worthy, shall possess the power of moderaThor...
he/him | Text Based Games Forums Discord Server | Just Dance 2014 | (つo.o)つ It's Kirby!
back on the road, back down the road, downtown, i don't have courage but i have something else - and it's more than words

realicraft

The microwave starts beeping loudly.
it sure is 43.250.142.151       tbgforums.com time, i think
ewow status: 1a has released yet; voting has ended
videos | FS3 | FS3 Wiki | Ratings | Calendar | Universe Manager 2 | Sandbox
65536 progress: ~13.08% @ 97d (0y 3m 5d) [03/18/2024] {8572/65536}

:P:|:o

Byron_Inc_TBG

His roommate stops the microwave at 1 second remaining and starts to chat with him about linguistics.
eh

Joyous Theta

Jim's boss breaks through Jim's window and tells Jim that he's fired.

Jim's boss then notices the conversation and decides to join in.

Maew Nryang

Aliens shoot lasers at Jim's house.
*See XKCD 1688.

Incendiary

A giant Yeet Machine™ appears in front of Jim's house. It will yeet Jim with at least 12000 Newtons of force if he gets close to a calculator and Big Gun Man cannot stop him.
Just another internet user and anime transbian catgirl dealing with the boring dystopia that is our society. If you were looking for something interesting here, you've come to the wrong place.

My discord is Incendiary__ and you can join my server at https://discord.gg/k2ywUzBAED

ChaoticControversies

Calculators get banned and any calculator that existed gets snapped out of existence.
Kinda quit

Byron_Inc_TBG

"Ban math in the process," said everyone in the world (including people who are illiterate, don't speak English, don't know how to speak, and mute) all of a sudden. The reason behind this is unknown.
eh

Luigis_Pizza

There is a sale of 3% off socks at wallmart for anyone who can smash a calculator.
Almost...

Tymewalk

Turn 2

Quote from: realicraftThe microwave starts beeping loudly.
Jim turns to look at the microwave. He goes ahead and turns the microwave off by unplugging it from the wall.
Quote from: Byron_Inc_TBGHis roommate stops the microwave at 1 second remaining and starts to chat with him about linguistics.
Jim has a hearty conversation about linguistics with his roommate! He briefly forgets all about dividing by zero.
Quote from: Joyous ThetaJim's boss breaks through Jim's window and tells Jim that he's fired.

Jim's boss then notices the conversation and decides to join in.
Oh yes! Jim's boss reminds him, he needs to divide by zero today!

It's quite unfortunate that he was fired, but he can still do the work for the heck of it. He should have a calculator or something around here somewhere...
Quote from: TonyBrown148Aliens shoot lasers at Jim's house.
The lasers, not calibrated for Earth technology, reflect off of the vinyl siding on the side of Jim's house. It appears the aliens will need something stronger in order to stop Jim.
Quote from: IncendiaryGamingA giant Yeet Machine™ appears in front of Jim's house. It will yeet Jim with at least 12000 Newtons of force if he gets close to a calculator and Big Gun Man cannot stop him.
The Yeet Machine™ sits in the yard, awaiting Jim's approach towards a calculator.
Quote from: ChaoticControversiesCalculators get banned and any calculator that existed gets snapped out of existence.
Jim, blissfully unaware that the calculators are all gone, simply thinks he has misplaced his calculator. No matter! Jim can always divide by zero manually.
Quote from: Byron_Inc_TBG"Ban math in the process," said everyone in the world (including people who are illiterate, don't speak English, don't know how to speak, and mute) all of a sudden. The reason behind this is unknown.
"Ban math"? Seems kind of strange that everyone would say that, Jim thinks, but nothing has happened yet, so he can still divide by zero!
Quote from: Luigis_PizzaThere is a sale of 3% off socks at wallmart for anyone who can smash a calculator.
All the calculators in the world are gone!

Jim sits down at his kitchen table to eat breakfast.

Joyous Theta

Upon Jim trying to eat his breakfast, the breakfast slides off the table while making this noise before making this noise upon hitting something. Big Gun Man reacts to this series of events with this noise.

Byron_Inc_TBG

"Let's delete 0 by existence too!" Everyone somehow said at the same time again, not knowing how to do it.

"I have an idea, but I can't do anything yet because I'm in the North Pole," a random person said.
eh

Luigis_Pizza

Memory loss guns are randomly firing around jims yard.

An email to jim says "Also if anyone clicks this they will die." And its impossible to close the email because it is permanately printed on jims eyes and if he wants to get rid of it he would have to go blind which would mean he couldnt do any manual calculations!
Almost...

Incendiary

After it was revealed that Jim has no romantic preferences, people seem to want to date him and because of that he has no time for calculating, let alone dividing by zero.