News:

The moderation team is holding a poll on the topic of the site's connection to Scratch. More details can be found here. Your feedback is appreciated.

Main Menu

The Big/Large Number Duel

Started by gilbert_given_TBG, Oct 13, 2021, 02:29:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gilbert_given_TBG

Well, not really a duel, but a derivative of a topic.

This is Googology Count, but:
* Your idea must be novel (i.e. if the last post is X, you cannot do X+1)
* You cannot do something like "the biggest number I can imagine + 1"
* If you can't think of a number, you can say "I give up" and start over.

(based on the same thing that philosophers do on MIT)

I'll start: 1

the2000

345 + 3
wasteof - the game of joining the game continues

<-- This is my friend dan. we are good chums
DAN FACT OF THE DAY: dan can only count to six on his hands

PkmnQ

This was a thing I tried to do, but insert mess of a sentence here. Also, I'm a vowelless neither transparent nor translucent mammal of the genus Neogale, I guess. :/ B)
The future experience must be anticipated beforehand to ensure proper expectations.
Tip: Use c͢ombining cha͊racters, because ye᷂s.
Quine list

Threads that I think should be played more (found in the Infinite Flood): link chain

PkmnQ

This was a thing I tried to do, but insert mess of a sentence here. Also, I'm a vowelless neither transparent nor translucent mammal of the genus Neogale, I guess. :/ B)
The future experience must be anticipated beforehand to ensure proper expectations.
Quine list

Threads that I think should be played more (found in the Infinite Flood): link chain

PkmnQ

1/(Xi^TREE(SSCG(10))(SCG(10)*A(Rayo(10^100),Rayo(10^100)))+11!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)
Quine list

Byron_Inc_TBG

Can we go for numbers without weird functions for one round
eh

Byron_Inc_TBG

eh

Byron_Inc_TBG

eh

Byron_Inc_TBG

I forgot what does the ^^ mean, can you please explain?

Not a reset
eh

the2000

Quote from: Byron_Inc_TBGI forgot what does the ^^ mean, can you please explain?
Tetration, I think. Note the "notation" section. (Note: redundancy not initially intended, but will be noted)
wasteof - the game of joining the game continues

<-- This is my friend dan. we are good chums
DAN FACT OF THE DAY: dan can only count to six on his hands

PkmnQ

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

(subfactorial, because i can)
Quine list

Byron_Inc_TBG

(((999 ^ 999 ^ 999 ^ 999 ^ 999 ^ 999 ^ 999 ^ 999 ^ 999 ^ 999 ^ 999)! ^ 999! ^ 999! ^ 999! ^ 999! ^ 999! ^ 9999!)! * 10⁹⁹! * 128¹²⁸)!

Not sure if it's big enough
eh

PkmnQ

(!999)! ^^ (!999)!

Why subfactorial first? Because yes.
Quine list

PkmnQ

Quote from: Byron_Inc_TBGCan we go for numbers without weird functions for one round
I guess not, then
f_w^w(10^^10)
Quine list

Byron_Inc_TBG

eh

PkmnQ

Quote from: Byron_Inc_TBG...wut

A(4^8)
f_w^w grows larger than the ackermann function
Quine list

PkmnQ

Quine list

Byron_Inc_TBG

(okay)

may i interest you in something - aleph null
which means i give up (:
eh