News:

The moderation team is holding a poll on the topic of the site's connection to Scratch. More details can be found here. Your feedback is appreciated.

Main Menu

I understand you.

Started by gilbert_given_TBG, Sep 17, 2021, 03:52:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gilbert_given_TBG

I greeted you. "¥¥♫", I said.

This is the "I understand you" game, a game where you have to say "I understand you" on another language!
Your job is to say "I understand you", on the language the speaker is speaking. The speaker will give you hints, which will aid you on your quest of understanding the language.
Once you say the word that means "I understand you", you win! Somebody will then declare to be the speaker.

Rules for the learner:
1. You still have to respect the speaker. Please don't be mean to them.
2. You might make notes on your post. To differentiate the notes with your quote, encase your quote in ⦍quote] tags.

Rules for the speaker:
1. Your language should have a big enough lexicon to be able to say "I understand you" logically.
2. As long as it's a language, you can use it. It will be more fun if you make one though.
3. If your language uses hard-to-type glyphs, give them the glyphs, or at least the range.
4. You must give hints to the learner. It's not fun trying to guess the language you're speaking without context.

This language uses these glyphs: ¥¿¬Ω■±÷♫¶≤°♥⌂¡

Byron_Inc_TBG

what if i accidentally cursed with the glyphs

Notes
Glpyhs: ¥¿¬Ω■±÷♫¶≤°♥⌂¡
eh

PkmnQ

"¥♫"
Notes
Greeting has two of the same glyph
This was a thing I tried to do, but insert mess of a sentence here. Also, I'm a vowelless neither transparent nor translucent mammal of the genus Neogale, I guess. :/ B)
The future experience must be anticipated beforehand to ensure proper expectations.
Tip: Use c͢ombining cha͊racters, because ye᷂s.
Quine list

Threads that I think should be played more (found in the Infinite Flood): link chain

PkmnQ

Notes
¥ might be something like "is" (unsure)
We can ask questions with question marks
Having two ¥'s important for the greeting to make sense at all
Is it even a greeting?
This was a thing I tried to do, but insert mess of a sentence here. Also, I'm a vowelless neither transparent nor translucent mammal of the genus Neogale, I guess. :/ B)
The future experience must be anticipated beforehand to ensure proper expectations.
Quine list

Threads that I think should be played more (found in the Infinite Flood): link chain

Byron_Inc_TBG

Does ♫ mean "what"?
You can nod/shook your head.

No change of notes.
eh

gilbert_given_TBG

I looked confused. "¥¶¬Ω¥¥", I said.

(Unfortunately, the speaker doesn't understand English. Yet it can type in English. Weird.)

PkmnQ

Notes
¥ might be something like "is" (unsure) ¥ is a very vague glyph
They don't know english
¶¬Ω probably means "don't understand"
¥ alone might mean "I", ¥¥ might mean "you" (very unsure)
I think I know how to say "I understand you", but that would be a lie, so we shall continue
Quine list

gilbert_given_TBG

Quote from: PkmnQ
Notes
¥ might be something like "is" (unsure) ¥ is a very vague glyph
They don't know english
¶¬Ω probably means "don't understand"
¥ alone might mean "I", ¥¥ might mean "you" (very unsure)
I think I know how to say "I understand you", but that would be a lie, so we shall continue

You want to ask or what?

Byron_Inc_TBG

Let me take a wild guess from PkmnQ's notes.

¥¬Ω¥¥
eh

PkmnQ

Fine I'll say it even though it's a lie "¥Ω¥¥"
Quine list

PkmnQ

But they don't know we're two separate people?
Quine list

Maew Nryang

I suggest:¥¿¬Ω■±÷♫¶≤°♥⌂¡
YQNWSADMPLOHUI

The conversation:
yym (greet)

-ym
m? (confused)

-[english]
ypnwyy (confused)

-ynwyy
yynwy? (concerned)

-ywyy
n,yypnuyynwy (concerned, confused)

-ynuyy
yymmunwyp?dln (worried)
*See XKCD 1688.
Hi. My name is Maew Nryang. Please call me "Maew", not "Nryang".
NEW GAME: https://tbgforums.com/forums/index.php?topic=6658.0

PkmnQ

Notes
(I'm just gonna replace everything)
Almost definitely:
Y = I/me
YY = you
N = not/no

Unsure:
W = understand

Glyphs that should be found next: U, P
Quine list

Maew Nryang

*See XKCD 1688.

PkmnQ

Quote from: TonyBrown148P = totally?
Not sure. Actually, I think U is now more important, because how was that not the correct way? We need to know how that's wrong.
Quine list

Maew Nryang

*See XKCD 1688.

solitaire

PkmnQ

Translated conversation:
You're [unknown].
- I'm [unknown].
[unknown]?
- (english)
I don't understand you.
- I don't understand you.
You don't understand me?
- I understand you (or apparently not)
No, you don't [unknown] you don't understand me.
Maybe P is do?
Quine list

Maew Nryang

Quote from: PkmnQMaybe P is do?
Noticing that "ypnwyy" and "ynwyy" are both valid sentences, I don't think p only have grammatical meanings.
*See XKCD 1688.

PkmnQ

Quote from: TonyBrown148
Quote from: PkmnQMaybe P is do?
Noticing that "ypnwyy" and "ynwyy" have similar meanings, I don't think p only have grammatical meanings.
Alternatively, P could be for verbs and change their meaning, so we just said something contradictory to them.
Quine list

Maew Nryang

¥¿¬Ω■±÷♫¶≤°♥⌂¡
YQNWSADMPLOHUI

The conversation:
yym (greet)

-ym
m? (confused)

-[english]
ypnwyy (confused)

-ynwyy
yynwy? (concerned)

-ywyy
n,yypnuyynwy (concerned, confused)

-ynuyy
yymmunwyp?dln (worried)

we should figure out yymmunwyp first.
*See XKCD 1688.