News:

The moderation team is holding a poll on the topic of the site's connection to Scratch. More details can be found here. Your feedback is appreciated.

Main Menu

An AI-managed RPG

Started by gilbert_given_TBG, Mar 27, 2021, 07:02:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gilbert_given_TBG

An original concept (i guess), although I don't know how this would go. :)
(also this is my first rpg so...)

In some time, I'm thinking of setting up a RPG, however, I'm too clumsy to do even take care of one. Even if I took my time to take care my RPG, I can't make a full story anyway so one way or the other I have to get help from something else. "How about an AI?", I thought. Thus, this "RPG" was made.

What AI?
You can find an AI that does this stuff by searching "text generation" or "ai text generator". "gpt2" and "transformer ai" might work as well.
If you're lazy, here's some recommendations:
InferKit, the most popular text generator AI on its time. On demo, you have a character limit.
This Text Generation API that DeepAI made.
Write with Transformer, the one's I personally use. It's used mostly for continuing documents.

What will the AI do?
Whatever the AI wants. Just treat it as a GM. The AI will set the plot of the RPG.

No need to sign up, just introduce a little bit about yourself. Like this:
At the mall, a man called Gilbert joined in. He seems a little chaotic, but other than that he's quite a fun guy.
(you still need to extend it)

How to play
Type the action into the input of the AI, and let the AI you choose extend it. You can include the last few posts for best results. The more you put, the better. Post your action in bold, to differentiate it with the extension that the AI made. For example:
Quote from: gilbert_given_TBGGilbert decided to go to the park to join the others.  He took the ride around the park, walking across the sidewalk, and taking a short stop there. As they waited, a woman approached me. She told me she was tired.
Quote from: Someone ElseI make room for the woman to sit down. She smiled. "Please, wait for me, you see, you don't have to be like me to be able to do it!"

"It's not that hard," I said.
(post must start with the action you take)
You can also choose to extend the story:
Quote from: gilbert_given_TBGGilbert decided to go to the park to join the others.  He took the ride around the park, walking across the sidewalk, and taking a short stop there. As they waited, a woman approached me. She told me she was tired.
Quote from: Someone Else"I need to go to the hospital," she said. "I think I'm having a heart attack." She pushed her wheelchair up to the front doors of the CareNow clinic in Yosemite Valley, a short walk from where the rest of the group was waiting, and collapsed.

I took a few steps toward her and saw that she had her head tilted back, her mouth open, and her eyes wide. She was snoring softly, her hands limp at her side. Another woman reached over, turned her head, and took her pulse.
(notice Someone Else didn't do anything)

Handling ambiguity
Sometimes, the output of the AI can be quite ambiguous. If such thing happens, fix it by adding italicized text:
Byron looks down at his feet, "I'm sorry Gilbert."

"What? Why?" , Gilbert questioned.

"I was late for dinner." , Byron answers.

"You can't just be late for dinner. It's rude." , Gilbert scolded.

"And you can't have someone be rude to you and then just keep giving them food? That's not reasonable, is it?", Byron complained.

Rules
  • Follow the guidelines. Prioritize the rules more than the story.
  • Tampering with the output of the AI is not allowed, unless: 1) if it violates the guidelines, 2) to fix ambiguity of the extended story, 3) to remove incomplete sentences.
  • Don't be OP at anything, unless if the AI decides to do so. The AI can behave weird sometimes. ;)
  • While you can't tamper/edit with the output, you can control the outcome of it, by either: 1) rerun the generation of text, 2) change the settings of the AI (like temperature), 3) model your action in a way that it forces the AI to do what the player wants.
The rules can change.

The story
Chapter 0: The Beginning, I guess.

Once upon a time, a man is making a RPG that he won't and can't maintain.  What he can do, though, is let an AI maintain the RPG so he can have a lot of spare time. The man, called Gilbert, decides to take a lunch break in the office whilst waiting the AI to learn.

Eventually the lunch break is over and the man is left alone again, but he can't figure out what happened to the AI and what it did.

He doesn't know what he needs to do to fix it, so he just quits, but suddenly there's an email to check: "I hope you are well. I just checked what you're doing. You're about to make that final turn. After a very long time I've finally learned what I need to."

Characters

A character will be included here if either a player or an AI mentioned it.
(too lazy to edit)
Gilbert
Mentioned by: gilbert_given_TBG
Description: A very clumsy person. He seems a bit fun though.
Byron
Mentioned by: Byron_Inc_TBG
Description: (pending)
Tiran
Mentioned by: AI
Description: Full name is Tiran Withex. He's the leader of the Third Department of the Public Works Department. The only human in the Upper World with a perfect record.
Jeff
Mentioned by: IncendiaryGaming
Brad
Description: Has 2 aliases, which is Mister Bradley and Bradford.
Mike
Rudy
Chris
Description: Not a kid.
Jared
Description: Also not a kid.

Joyous Theta

Gilbert found this email strange. Was it perhaps talking about the RPG's AI? He certainly didn't recognize the sender, that's for sure. "Who are you?" he responds to the email, "And what do you mean final turn?"

Soon after, he gets another email:

Today was the final turn of phase 3 of the Project. I have decided that it will go on one more time, so I will be reaching out again in a few days to see if you are still interested in participating.

He (Gilbert) promptly writes back:

Why would you even let me go through all this torture? I tried to kill you, and failed! I am through!

Byron_Inc_TBG

Byron comes in and gives some advice to Gilbert. "Why don't you use Inferkit?"
Gilbert: (In a bored tone) Oh? What do you want me to do?
eh

Joyous Theta

"Just use Interkit to remove this person from my life, I suppose?" Gilbert says to Byron, pointing at the email from earlier, "What are you even doing here?"

Byron looks down at his feet, "I'm sorry Gilbert."

"What? Why?"

"I was late for dinner."

"You can't just be late for dinner. It's rude."

"And you can't have someone be rude to you and then just keep giving them food? That's not reasonable, is it?"

"Don't call me reasonable."

"You can't just use Interkit to remove me from your life, you can't just be rude to me and then expect me to not have feelings."

"Because I'm nice, Gilbert!"

"Why would you keep letting her treat you like dirt?"

((If this is too confusing to read such as in the above instance, should I add stuff to the results like "Gilbert said"?))

gilbert_given_TBG

[ngv]Yes. :)[/ngv]

"What do you mean by that?" asked Gilbert.

"Because you need people to take care of you, you can't help a lot.", Byron answered.

Then, Gilbert asked again, "And what do you mean by that?"

"No, Gilbert." , Byron answered.

"I'm sorry, Gilbert."

Gilbert, then, looks into his eyes and tries to make sense of the situation.

Byron_Inc_TBG

"The AI really messed up," Byron said to Gilbert, "Probably you should change something in it. It totally misunderstood what I said."

Gilbert looked at Byron and then back to you. "Well, what do we change? I mean if it doesn't work right, why not just kill us both?"

(For me, the bold parts are the parts that I wrote.)
eh

gilbert_given_TBG

"Wh-what do you mean by killing us both?", Gilbert asked with fright.

"Well let's see", you (Byron) thought as you saw an inspiration. "We both have red heads. Hmmm, that's the guy!"

"Oh yeah," Gilbert replied, "I remember him now! The guy with the bad skin and the terrible accent. That had to be the bad guy!"

"You know", you (Byron) said, "That's actually the smart guy. He had the smart idea to play them all at the same time so you wouldn't know the real one."

"You mean he can play me twice?", asked Gilbert.

:)

Byron_Inc_TBG

"Maybe," Byron grinned, "Only if you're a fool. Which you aren't."
"But how do we get rid of him?" asked Gilbert.
"Easy. We just need to find the next guy who has a red head and give him a hard time."
eh

gilbert_given_TBG

"Sounds good to me." said Gilbert. "Let's do it!"

"Excellent. We can go now."

And just like that, the four of them were on their way to attack and capture evil.

"We got this." said Tiran. "We'll get you a magic sword."

He pulled out a large sword that was very sharp.

"The best." he said proudly. "It's just like the one I used to win a tournament."

A short while later, they had stopped into a clearing where a man sat on a bed. He was sat down holding his wrist. It had gotten bent in a wrong way.

"Looks like he needs help." said Byron.

[ngv]yay a new character by the AI :)[/ngv]

Incendiary

Jeff falls from the sky and lands in a ground slam position with about 10 seconds left in the first.
Just another internet user and anime transbian catgirl cosplaying as Sakuya Izayoi for April. If you were looking for something interesting here, you've come to the wrong place.

My discord is Incendiary__ and you can join my server at https://discord.gg/k2ywUzBAED
My Twitch channl is available at https://twitch.tv/incendiaryoce

gilbert_given_TBG

"Uh, thanks for the dramatic entrance, I guess?" Gilbert said. "Anyway, we have this injured guy, can you help him?"

"Sure. Just make sure he doesn't have to move." said Jeff.

"Understood." said Gilbert.

After some scrambling and some flying bullets, they bring Jeff to their unit and put him on a medical table.

"Hm, looks like the others aren't just ordinary bullets." said Byron.

"You know, I really hate when you say stuff like that." Jeff complained.

"Sorry." Byron apologizes.

"Anyway, how did you know Jeff's bullet just collapsed the metal in his wrist? That makes no sense." asked Tiran.

"I mean, you don't get to understand everything when you are like, so young." said Gilbert.

Joyous Theta

:(

"I'm afraid you aren't allowed to help mister Jeff here," somebody says from behind Gilbert, "Not when that would interfere with the Project, which you should all be getting back to... very soon."

Gilbert turns around to see the voice, and seeing him standing there are the worst feelings you could possibly imagine in your heart.

There stands a fifth person, and this one is a ghost, and yet still somehow more horrifying than just his absence.

"Mister Bradley," a giggle from the ghost beckons, "Fancy running into you here, hmm? Perhaps I'll find a way to be a bother to you. But we'll need to work together to get to him. What do you say?"

He'd been trying to stay away from Brad for a long time, but it had just gotten harder.

gilbert_given_TBG

"Oh boy. The world is going wild. And I love it! :)", said Gilbert. Bradford looked at the ghost as he ran. He didn't seem to have much time to speak to him yet, but he was happy to talk to him, which is nice. I think he is just trying to make it happen."

"I can't talk to you," said Gilbert. "But now what is the best thing for us is you've done so far, because now I know you're doing the right thing. It seems like everyone has gotten together.

Joyous Theta

((What are you using to make your posts? :())

gilbert_given_TBG

"Also, Tiran, can you introduce yourself?", asked Gilbert.

Tiran answered, "Oh, me? Well, I'm Tiran. Tiran Withex. I'm the leader of the Third Department of the Public works Department, and I'm the only human in the Upper World with a perfect record."

"No offense, sir," Gilbert said, "But I don't think Tiran's the perfect record type."

"It's not that, I mean, he certainly looks the part. But I don't know, Gilbert. He looks like a life-insurance salesman." said Brad.

"That's because he is one," Gilbert answered.

Byron_Inc_TBG

"Not sure how could an insurance agent help us... Tiran, do you have other abilities?" Jeff said.
"Well, I can fly. I used to be able to fly before my arm got broken off. I can also teleport anywhere within the city limits, but that's about it," Tiran replied, "And you?"
eh

gilbert_given_TBG

Gilbert answered "I can make it through the military base if I have it to, and if it doesn't get to the battlefield I have to do some research and some things to be able to make it through." Gilbert responded with another sigh, "And maybe I'm not sure that you can use that?"

:(

Byron_Inc_TBG

Byron says "Where do you think the red-headed men would be at?"
Bradford says, "They were supposed to be sent to the Third Department, but they never arrived."
"Yeah, well where are they then?" Gilbert asked.
eh

Incendiary

"Before we find them, we need to upgrade our arsenal" Jeff told them.
"It must be a secret, I hear" said the black ops member
Bradford said Jeff is right, there's a huge secret there.
"Now, the guy has the equipment, he has all these military equipment, so why don't you go into the middle of it and build them, then you might be able to get them back to your base?" Gilbert asked.
Jeff said a man called "Mike" is driving by.
"Sup Mike!" said Jeff.
"Sup Jeff!!" Mike called out to Jeff.
"I'm not going to show you my equipment, but maybe you should talk to my father first" Brad said
"I'm sorry Doc" Rudy said
"It's fine, but we're not going to see each other for a while." Mike said
 "I'm going to show you your equipment, just wait until we meet again" Mike says
"Then we'll see how you all know each other" Rudy said.
Gilbert said "I'm still waiting", and Brad said "Ok."
Just another internet user and anime transbian catgirl cosplaying as Sakuya Izayoi for April. If you were looking for something interesting here, you've come to the wrong place.

My discord is Incendiary__ and you can join my server at https://discord.gg/k2ywUzBAED
My Twitch channl is available at https://twitch.tv/incendiaryoce

gilbert_given_TBG

"By the way, what are you dong there, Mike?", asked Gilbert. "Well, you'll be the first in line to say that we're the second in line, and we'll see you first, then we'll talk." Mike said

"We're getting this ready for us", added Gilbert. "You've got a lot of weapons in your arsenal, we don't have those weapons." Gilbert said

"I don't think there's a lot of weapons at this point," Gilbert said.

Byron_Inc_TBG

"I don't really understand what's going on," Byron said, confused.
"What are you talking about?" Jeff asked.
"Nothing, just wondering what's up with the rest of you guys." Byron replied.
eh

Joyous Theta

((Are you just going to be a captain obvious and move on or are you actually going to answer my question?))

Byron_Inc_TBG

Quote from: Joyous Theta((Are you just going to be a captain obvious and move on or are you actually going to answer my question?))
[ngv]his response is "an ai".
a bit unclear, probably you can ask him
the ai I'm using has some nsfw versions, but i'm not using those. there is a "safe mode" there.[/ngv]
eh

gilbert_given_TBG

[ngv]
Quote from: Joyous Theta((Are you just going to be a captain obvious and move on or are you actually going to answer my question?))
Personally, I use this. It's weaker than InferKit, but at least it's unlimited.

Or again, you can just search it.[/ngv]