News:

The moderation team is holding a poll on the topic of the site's connection to Scratch. More details can be found here. Your feedback is appreciated.

Main Menu

TBGers Versus the Multiverse.

Started by Faressain, May 11, 2020, 03:43:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Faressain

"Heh heh heh, did you believe that people like you would play calmly? Think again."

You are the TBGer. A day ago, a malevolent spirit of TBGs dragged you into amalgation of RPGverse. This time, he didn't want to take the chances and decided that until you defeat IT, you won't be freed from this merged place. ( This RPG is based on Scott against The World series, but you don't need to play or know it in order to learn about it. Despite OP having similarities with STS, it's not a copy of it either.)

Rules:

Don't get this topic closed by breaching the TBGForums rules.
Maximum of two TBGers per player.
Actions may be rolled as either d20, or d10+a stat. Sometimes though, it can use two stats exclusively, and no dice.
I'll try updating it at least once per day. I'll try updating more times if I get enough actions.
You shouldn't do anything impossible, including perfect TBGers, crazy actions that aren't remotely possible, summoning stuff out of thin air or your character playing the oracle that sees everything.

Battle rules:

During battle you have 5 options.

1. Attack: Attacks a single enemy for 1d12 + fitness stat - any penalties + any bonuses.
   1a. Struggle: If no action option is present or enemy defence is too high for attack to be effective, you can try to struggle, possibly dealing 1d3 damage.
2. Skill: Uses one of your character's skills. Skills usually cost energy to cast. Creativity will increase the effect of the skill.
3. Item: Uses an item. The item may be removed from inventory, and may be recovered from defeated enemy afterwards.
4. Defend: Doubles the dice on defence rolls to 2d10 (from usual 1d10).
5. Flee: Attempt to run away. Sometimes successful. Can't be used during most bosses.
Any character without an action after 24 will have an option selected by me.
Any temporary or abandoned party members will be controlled by me and act after the player characters.
If Initiative of player is 5 points above Initiative of slowest enemy, that player gains temporary double action, and vice versa.
If initiatives are equal, turn order is following:
PCs -> Allies -> Enemies
If an enemy attacks first, it's treated as a free turn before the players act.
Enemy attack will be determined as 1d20+enemy fitness-(1d10+willpower)+any bonuses-any penalties.
Priority ignores any Initiative, unless there's a tie in it. Higher priority means attacking first. Lower usually means attacking last.

Signup sheets:

Note: You don't need to sign up as yourself, just make up a TBGer.

Name:
Age (10-27):
Stats: Please split 13 points between the following:
   Fitness:
   Creativity:
   Initiative:
   Willpower:
Skills: List 2 or 3 skills for yourself here. You get a bonus level-up quirks if you only list two.
Inventory: Make sure anything can be found in your home or the surrounding area, and isn't illegal to have.
Other:

Level-up bonuses:
     1. +10 maximum health, gain 5 health
     2. +10 maximum energy, gain 5 energy
     3. +5 maximum health and energy, gain 5 health and energy
     4. +6 to stats, split any way
     5. Learn a new skill
Note: After a week of inactivity, level-ups will be temporarily allocated by the GM.

Character info:

FlashFlire:

Name: DaNeatDude (actual name Teddy Zeke because of course)
Age (10-27): 11
Personality: Usually pretty upbeat. Probably not 100% on board with whatever's going to happen in the plot of this. Very good at stalling for time.
    Fitness: 1
    Creativity: 3
    Initiative: 3
    Willpower: 5
Skills:
- Band-aid: Sticks a band-aid on someone, curing a random negative status effect and giving a healing over time status.
- Guard Shift: Drastically raises willpower (+8-ish), but disables standard attacks and cuts skill damage by 50%. Using this skill again will end the status without using energy. Otherwise it lasts for a few turns or until the battle is over.
- Distraction: Annoys an enemy to get their attention, locking non-offensive moves and increasing the likelihood he'll be targeted by their attacks for 3 turns.
Inventory: Cricket bat, calculator, fairly old smartphone, box with a seemingly limitless supply of band-aids.
Other: idk
CrazeePi:
Name: Sofie "KittyCAtty777"
Personality:
    Fitness: 3
    Willpower: 4
Skills:
Galactic Soldier Act: Sofie plays the role of a galactic soldier from the galactic future. Raises fitness by 4, lowers creativity and initiative by 2. Boosts single-target damage by 1.25x. Automatically canceled if another act is used. Only one act can be active at a time.
High Ranking Noble Act: Sofie plays the role of a absolutely perfect no-flaws whatsoever noble. Raises creativity by 4, lowers fitness and initiative by 2. Increases the length of any statuses inflicted that aren't Acts by 1. Automatically canceled if another act is used. Only one act can be active at a time.
Suspicious Innkeeper Act: Sofie plays the role of a mustache twirling probably-demon innkeeper. Raises initiative by 4, lowers fitness and creativity by 2. Can use two items in one turn. Only one act can be active at a time.
Inventory: Glow stick, sunglasses, glitter, fake mustache
Other:
Seanbobe:
Name: Kevin Millicent
Age (10-27): 18
Personality: Grumpy, wants to sleep and be alone. More energetic when cooking.
    Fitness: 4
    Creativity: 4
    Initiative: 2
    Willpower: 3
Skills:
     Healthy meal: Lightly heals a single ally.
     Comfort food: Clears negative statuses on a single ally, but inflicts -1 willpower on the ally this turn.
     Large meal: Lightly heals all allies. If Kevin uses this move, he acts after all other combatants this turn.
Inventory: Rolling pin, some bread, some water.
Other: Planning to become a chef.
Stats:
DaNeatDude:
HP: 40
EP: 20
Skills: Bandaid(4 EP): Cure random negative status effect on target. Target gains Regeneration for three turns (+3 HP/s)
Guard Shift(7 EP): Increases Willpower by 7, but cuts standard attack and skill damage by 1/2. Lasts for 3 turns, or until disabled by using it again.
Distraction(5 EP): Inflict Taunt on target, causing target to be more likely to attack DaNeatDude. Works for 3 turns.
Weapons:
Cricket bat: Rather than using Fitness only, average of Fitness and Initiative is used for increasing the damage of this weapon.
Smartphone: Does 2d8 damage when equipped.
Items:
Calculator: +1 to party creativity when used. Isn't lost upon use.
KittyCAtty777:
Skills:
Galactic Soldier Act (8 EP): Increase Fitness by 4. Reduce Creativity and Initiative by 2. Raise standard attack effectiveness by 1.25x. Cancels out other Acts. Lasts for 4 turns.
High Ranking Noble Act (8 EP): Increase Creativity by 4. Reduce Initiative and Fitness by 2 each. Extend status effect length by 1. Cancels out other Acts. Lasts for 4 turns.
Suspicious Innkeeper Act (8 EP): Increase Initiative by 4. Reduce Fitness and Creativity by 2 each. Chance to use two items at price of one. Cancels out other Acts. Lasts for 4 turns.
Weapons:
Glow stick - Deals 1d8 damage, inflict Blind on foe.
Glitter - Inflict Choking on foe.
Items:
Sunglasses - use a turn to Dazzle a foe - I don't know why it looks that awesome.
Fake Mustache - Use it to give a "Manly" perk for 3 turns. Can become unusable.
Kevin:
Skills:
Healthy meal(3 EP): Heal ally by 1/2 of attack roll + 1/2 of Creativity.
Comfort food(5 EP): Clear negative statuses on a single ally, inflict "distracted" for 1 turn (-1 Willpower)
Large meal(6 EP, -3 Priority): Heal all allies by 5.
Weapons:
Rolling pin: Deal 1d10 damage, and weaken foe Willpower and Fitness by 1 each.
Party stats:
Enemies beaten: 2/Groups beaten: 1
Progress: 33%
Currency: None.
Loose items:
[Weapon] Catnip: Inflict blunted on the target and 1 damage on top of that.
[Quest] Parcel: Better to give the man this item. He's worried about it.
Neutral Karma
Priest units never get old. WOLOLO!

A fate can be changed, everything will change. A destiny is just a container that keeps the liquid in - in this case a person.
Raise your voice, and say it with Twilight Sparkle! I am a kitty cat and I'm steppin' on pillow, steppin' steppin' on pillow, steppin' steppin' on pillow.

Have a twili-meow! /On discord as Vardaril#1783

Faressain

Reserved.

// Thanks for seanbobe for inspiration to battle system.

You can now post.

A fate can be changed, everything will change. A destiny is just a container that keeps the liquid in - in this case a person.
Raise your voice, and say it with Twilight Sparkle! I am a kitty cat and I'm steppin' on pillow, steppin' steppin' on pillow, steppin' steppin' on pillow.

Blunderbus

Name: DaNeatDude (actual name Teddy Zeke because of course)
Personality: Usually pretty upbeat. Probably not 100% on board with whatever's going to happen in the plot of this. Very good at stalling for time.
Skills:
- Band-aid: Sticks a band-aid on someone, curing a random negative status effect and giving a healing over time status.
- Guard Shift: Drastically raises willpower (+8-ish), but disables standard attacks and cuts skill damage by 50%. Using this skill again will end the status without using energy. Otherwise it lasts for a few turns or until the battle is over.
- Distraction: Annoys an enemy to get their attention, locking non-offensive moves and increasing the likelihood he'll be targeted by their attacks for 3 turns.
Inventory: Cricket bat, calculator, fairly old smartphone, box with a seemingly limitless supply of band-aids.
Other: idk
join Fragmented Future to RIDE A TRAIN! WOOOOOOO YEAH, TRAINS, BABY!

Faressain

All right. Accepted. Just waiting on one more person, since that might be all we got.

Joyous Theta

Name: Sofie "KittyCAtty777"
Personality:
Skills:
Galactic Soldier Act: Sofie plays the role of a galactic soldier from the galactic future. Raises fitness by 4, lowers creativity and initiative by 2. Boosts single-target damage by 1.25x. Automatically canceled if another act is used. Only one act can be active at a time.
High Ranking Noble Act: Sofie plays the role of a absolutely perfect no-flaws whatsoever noble. Raises creativity by 4, lowers fitness and initiative by 2. Increases the length of any statuses inflicted that aren't Acts by 1. Automatically canceled if another act is used. Only one act can be active at a time.
Suspicious Innkeeper Act: Sofie plays the role of a mustache twirling probably-demon innkeeper. Raises initiative by 4, lowers fitness and creativity by 2. Can use two items in one turn. Only one act can be active at a time.
Inventory: Glow stick, sunglasses, glitter, fake mustache
Other:

Faressain

All right then, accepted.

Act 1, Chapter 1: Strange Town, Strange Beginnings

It's been that day. you find yourself in some bizzare version of modern city, a mish mash of most of architectures. Thankfully, its buildings are recognizable enough. A school, an administration building, another school... and lots of houses.

There of course, are others wandering by, not minding your business, mostly stranded like you.

But some feel horrible, some missing comforts of being home.

Seanbobe

Name: Kevin Millicent
Skills:
     Comfort food: Clears negative statuses on a single ally, but inflicts -1 willpower on the ally this turn.
     Large meal: Lightly heals all allies. If Kevin uses this move, he acts after all other combatants this turn.
My joke RPG: Instructions Unclear: The RPG of Memes
My serious RPG: Stop the Spambots!
My offline life: error 404

Joyous Theta

Sofie (KittyCAtty777?) starts wandering the streets in an attempt to locate her home.

Blunderbus

Teddy looks around at the city, really confused.
"...Okay, I don't quite understand what's going on. Like, at all."

Faressain

Quote from: CrazeePiSofie (KittyCAtty777?) starts wandering the streets in an attempt to locate her home.

While you can't see your own home, you can see... someone being harrassed?

???: "Oh for Pete's sake - HELP ME! THAT THING'S HARASSING ME!"

You could see... a cat? Using magic?

Quote from: seanbobeName: Kevin Millicent
Skills:

Accepted. You start in same place as Sofie and Teddy.

Quote from: FlashFlireTeddy looks around at the city, really confused.
"...Okay, I don't quite understand what's going on. Like, at all."

There's a yell that could bring your attention there.

Blunderbus

Teddy looks towards the yell and notices the cat, before immediately approaching it to pat it.

Joyous Theta

"Kitty!" Sofie shouts, running over to the cat to pet it.

Faressain

Quote from: FlashFlireTeddy looks towards the yell and notices the cat, before immediately approaching it to pat it.
Quote from: CrazeePi"Kitty!" Sofie shouts, running over to the cat to pet it.
The cat hisses at you two... and wait for it... yup, scrams away in the alleyway. The unknown guy did get surprised a bit, but he spoke:
???: "Huh, wasn't that cat attacking me some moments ago? Ah nevermind... now to ret- wait, where would be my own supplies?" He looked at the cat.
???: "I...I don't know why did that cat flee. Just chase it, I can't let my supplies get lost. I'll tell you more after that."

Indeed, the cat had something that looked like a package.

Seanbobe

Kevin responds "I'm a student, not your butler." Despite this, he begins following the cat.

Blunderbus

Teddy goes after the cat, only partly to get the guy's stuff back.

Joyous Theta

"No, kitty!" Sofie runs after the cat, mostly only caring about petting it.

Faressain

Quote from: seanbobeKevin responds "I'm a student, not your butler." Despite this, he begins following the cat.

???: "...whatever, good luck!" The person replies, unfazed of that.

Quote from: FlashFlireTeddy goes after the cat, only partly to get the guy's stuff back.

The cat speeds up...

Quote from: CrazeePi"No, kitty!" Sofie runs after the cat, mostly only caring about petting it.

...but feeling cornered, turns around and hisses angrily towards the party, mewing angrily.

And it wasn't alone.

Fight! This is your first fight too.
You:
Kevin:
HP: 40/40
EP: 20/20

Sofie:

Teddy:
Enemy side:

Yarkona

HP: 50
Attack: 0
Defence: 1

Skills:
Spark - Deal 1d15 damage.
Plasma line - Deal 10 damage. Pierce through 1/2 of defence rolls.
Poison claw - Inflicts poisoned.

Styx

HP: 55
Attack: (Fitness - 0, Intelligence - 2)
Defence: 3
Initiative: 1

Skills:
Dark Bolt - Inflict blinded, and then deal 2d5 damage. The lower dice pierces through block.

Turn order:
Teddy & Kevin > Yarkona > Kevin > Styx

Blunderbus

Teddy pets Yarkona, except with a cricket bat.

Joyous Theta

"Ack, uhm," Sofie tries to regain her composure, surprised by the cat's action. "Er, uh, in the name of the galactic empire, I will slay you aliens!"

Seanbobe

"Ugh. This won't be good for my culinary course tomorrow."

Rolling pin on Yarkona.

Faressain

Quote from: FlashFlireTeddy pets Yarkona, except with a cricket bat.

Teddy (cruel petting): 1d12 = 9  (9 + 2 (average of Fitness and Initiative) - 1 = 10)

Teddy manages to squish the cat a bit.

Quote from: CrazeePi"Ack, uhm," Sofie tries to regain her composure, surprised by the cat's action. "Er, uh, in the name of the galactic empire, I will slay you aliens!"

Sofie makes her act, having her act more fixated on beating em' down.

Yarkona tries to scratch Sofie.

Yarkona (Scratch, d20): 5
Sofie (block): 9 (rest of bonus/malus is irrevelant)

Sofie manages to make the blocking in the act.

Quote from: seanbobe"Ugh. This won't be good for my culinary course tomorrow."

Rolling pin on Yarkona.

Kevin (attack, 1d10 + 4) 8 + 4 - 1 (11)

Kevin smaccs the Yarkona hard. Real hard, dazing her.

Styx uses a Dark Bolt

Kevin was blinded before proper attack began.
Styx (attack, 2d5): 1, 3
Kevin (block): 6

Despite blocking the attack almost completely, Kevin still gets hit by a splatter of darkness, making the arm a bit itchy.

You:
Teddy:

Sofie:
EP: 12/20
Status: Acting (4 turns left) - Fitness raised by 4. Creativity and Initiative reduced by 2. Stronger attacks.

Kevin:
HP: 39/40
Enemy side:

Yarkona

HP: 29/50
Attack: -1/0
Defence: 0
Status: Dizzy (3 turns left) - Fitness and Willpower slightly reduced.

Skills:

Styx

Attack: 0/2

Skills:
Dark Bolt - Inflict blinded, and then deal 2d5 damage. The lower dice pierces through block.

Turn order:
Teddy > Yarkona > Kevin & Sofie > Styx

Seanbobe

"Great. Just want I needed."

Kevin tries another rolling pin whack on Yarkona.

Joyous Theta

"Bombs away, aliens!" Sofie throws glitter at Yarkona, pretending it's a bomb.

Blunderbus

Faressain

Quote from: FlashFlireTeddy tries to distract Styx.

Styx... is distracted somehow by the shiny thing. And quite annoyed that you keep that shiny thing away from him.

Yarkona poison claws Kevin. (Poisoned - reduces health per turn (1) and reduces willpower by 2.)

Quote from: seanbobe"Great. Just want I needed."

Kevin tries another rolling pin whack on Yarkona.

Blindness failed to take effect.
Kevin (whack): 4 + 4 (8)

It seems to be weaker, but still works against the cat.

Quote from: CrazeePi"Bombs away, aliens!" Sofie throws glitter at Yarkona, pretending it's a bomb.

Sofie (attack): (7 + 7) * 1.25 (17)

It turns out to be a good throw, as the she-cat begins choking on it. (Choking - reduces health per turn (4), for 2 turns.)

Styx scratched Teddy for that, while Yarkona fell on side, unconscious.

Styx (scratch): 12
Teddy (block): 1 + 5 (willpower) = 6

Well, that was a sharp scratch to be frank, and Teddy took some serious damage from that, but their will managed to endure the strike largely.

TBGers:

Teddy:
HP: 34/40
EP: 15/20

Sofie:
EP: 12/20
Status: Acting (3 turns left) - Fitness raised by 4. Creativity and Initiative reduced by 2. Stronger attacks.

Kevin:
HP: 38/40
Status: Blinded (2 turns left) - May miss an attack. Poisoned (2 turns left) - Health and Willpower reduced (-1 HP/turn, -2 Willpower)
Enemy side:

Yarkona

HP: 0/50
Attack: 0
Defence: 1

Skills:

Styx

Attack: 0/2

Skills:
Status: Taunted - Will attack Teddy more often (2 turns remaining)

Turn order:
Teddy, Kevin & Sofie > Styx

Last edited by Faressain (Today 17:00:47)