News:

The moderation team plans to make revisions to the community guidelines. Detailed information about the changes can be found here. Your feedback is appreciated.

Main Menu

Stop the Spambots!

Started by Seanbobe, May 07, 2019, 08:44:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Seanbobe

You go to school/work at TBGTown High: School of Memes. Two weeks ago, a group of students came to the school saying that a group called the Spambots is threatening the country of Forumtopia! Not very many people believed them. You are one of the few who do. The group mentioned having to go to Mt. Discord in order to call on the gods of Mode-E-Rat-Or. So that is where you will go. (This is a sequel to my last RPG here, but you don't need to have played or read it to understand this. I'll make it understandable for new players.)
Rules:
Maximum of three characters per player. Only two can be made by the character in question.
Actions will be rolled as a d20 or as a d10+a stat.
I will try to update about once every 24 hours. This is not a guarantee though.
No crazy actions, summoning items out of thin air, perfect characters, or your character suddenly becoming an all seeing oracle.
This is TBGForums. Don't get this topic closed.
Battle rules:
During battle you have 7 options:
1. Attack: Attacks a single enemy for 1d15+fitness stat-any penalties+any bonuses.
2. Skill: Uses one of your character's skills. Skills usually cost energy. Brainpower will increase the effect of the skill.
3. Item: Uses an item. The item will be removed from inventory afterwards.
4. Purchase: Buy up to 6 identical items or 3 unique items from the store at the bottom of this post. Items take 3 turns to be delivered.
5. Special move: Use a special move. Special moves usually have requirements before they can be used.
6. Defend: Reduces the damage you take this turn by half. Blocks a single status.
     6a. Idle: If Defending is not allowed for some reason, you can idle instead, skipping your turn.
7. Flee: Search for an escape route or help someone who is already searching. Once found, the players may choose to flee by majority vote. Cannot be used during bosses.
Any character without an action after 24 will have an option selected by me.
Any temporary or abandoned party members will be controlled by me and act after the player characters.
Enemies always attack after all party members. If an enemy attacks first, it's treated as a free turn before the players act.
Enemy attack will be determined as 1d20+enemy fitness-(1d10+willpower)+any bonuses-any penalties.
Signup Sheets:
New Characters:
Name:
Student or teacher:
Stats: Please split 10 points between the following:
     Fitness:
     Intelligence:
     Willpower:
Skills: List 2 or 3 skills for your character here. You get a bonus level-up if you only list two.
Inventory: Make sure everything in your inventory can be found in a normal high school.
Other:
Returning from Go To School:
Name:
(Optional) New Stats: Split 10 points between the following. If not filled out, I will use your old stats to make new ones.
     Fitness:
     Intelligence:
     Willpower:
(Optional) New skills: List 2-3 new skills for your character. If not filled out, you will keep your old skills. (slightly modified if they don't work here.)
RPG Stuff:
The Code - Replica of Fortunately Unfortunately inn
Objective:
Stop the Spambots!
Weather:
Weird

Clear: No effect.
Foggy: Reduced accuracy.
Rainy: Reduced blocking, recover energy after battle.
Snowy: Increased blocking, reduced attacking.
Cloudy: Regain health each turn, hide enemy skills.
Weird: Unknown effect.
Inventory:
Moved to a Google Doc.
Special skills:
Report:
Summons the guardians of Forumtopia to banish a Spambot from battle. This is the only way to permanently defeat a member of the Spambots. Can only be used on Spambots at 1 health. Can be used even if you are unable to use special moves.

Break time:
Slightly heals all party members' health and energy. Clears negative status effects. Each party member can only use this once per battle.

Last chance:
Raises a party member's stats by 8 for 3 turns. Can only be used on a character below 10 health or by a character below 10 health.

Super defend:
Protects user from all damage and statuses for a turn. Skips user's next turn.

Ping:
Deals 20 defense/defensive skill piercing damage to all enemies. Ignores boosts and penalties. Cannot be used by a party member with attack boosting status effects.

Uptick:
Extends all negative statuses on the party by 1 turn. Restores 5 energy to each party member for each negative status. This energy can exceed the normal energy limit and ignores statuses that block energy recovery.

60 second rule:
Deals a total of 80 piercing damage to the enemies, split however the user wants. Bosses, Spambots, and Scambots take half damage from this move. Can only be used if your current health is one more than a multiple of 5.

Lunch Break:
The party gains 40 health and 20 energy and remove negative statuses. Can only be used once per battle and not during battles where break time is used.

Sticky:
Grants all party members a +4 boost to stats for 2 turns. Can only be used by a party member at or below 20% of their maximum health. Can be used when other special moves are unavailable.

Reflection:
Deals 100 piercing fire, ice, electric, or wind damage to a single enemy and 25 damage of the same type to the user. Only usable once per turn.

Time stop:
User immediately takes 5 extra actions and then cannot act next turn. Only usable once per battle.
Characters:
The raw copy-pasted character sheets have been moved to a Google Doc.
Party stats:
Level: 10
Power charms: 5
Battles until next level-up: 8
Skill modifications: 3

When making a character, you get 14 bonuses, which can be any combination of the following (If you have only two skills, you get an additional bonus):
Level-up bonuses:
     1. +10 maximum health, gain 5 health
     2. +10 maximum energy, gain 5 energy
     3. +5 maximum health and energy, gain 5 health and energy
     4. +5 to stats, split any way
     5. +2 to all stats
     6. Learn a new skill
Note: After a week of inactivity, level-ups will be temporarily allocated by the GM.

Character Stats:
Moved to a Google Doc
Skill modifications:
We have a Google Doc.
List of status Effects (Probably incomplete):
This google doc.
TinyMart Stock:
Google Doc!
Annie's stock: (Buy up to 1 item on your turn in battle or buy as many as you want out of battle.)
Scam Salad: User's next 3 attacks will be effective against Scambots. COST: 10.00F
Box of chocolates: Heals 20 health and energy to user and another party member. Alternatively, heals 20 health and energy to a single party member and returns a half eaten box of chocolates. COST: 20.00F
Will begin if/when I get enough people.
My joke RPG: Instructions Unclear: The RPG of Memes
My serious RPG: Stop the Spambots!
My offline life: error 404

Blunderbus

ok

Name: John Johnson
(Optional) New Stats: Split 10 points between the following. If not filled out, I will use your old stats to make new ones.
     Fitness: 2
     Intelligence: 6
     Willpower: 2
(Optional) New skills: List 2-3 new skills for your character. If not filled out, you will keep your old skills. (slightly modified if they don't work here.)
Persuasion: Decreases battle rolls for human enemies
Animal call: May cause non-human enemies to flee
Mathspeak: Light damage and possible confusion to one enemy
join Fragmented Future to RIDE A TRAIN! WOOOOOOO YEAH, TRAINS, BABY!

Seanbobe

Quote from: DaEpikDudeok

Name: John Johnson
     Fitness: 2
     Intelligence: 6
     Willpower: 2
Persuasion: Decreases battle rolls for human enemies
Animal call: May cause non-human enemies to flee
Mathspeak: Light damage and possible confusion to one enemy
Accepted.

Prism

Name: Reshiram Jay (Reshi)
Student or teacher: Student
Personality: ENFP-A
Stats:
     Fitness: 1
     Intelligence: 3
     Willpower: 6
Skills:
     Intimidation: May decrease battle rolls for enemies
     Hypnosis: Makes an enemy tired
     Motivation: Increases battle rolls for other players
Inventory: 8 pencils, 2 red pens, 2 blue pens, 1 2" binder, 3 spiral-bound notebooks, 100 sheets of paper
she/her | hyper-obsessed Pokémon fan | Necrozma and Zoroark my beloveds

join Fragmented Future to forget that fairy types are immune to dragon-type moves

Seanbobe

Quote from: JayfeatherName: Reshiram Jay (Reshi)
Student or teacher: Student
Personality: ENFP-A
Stats:
     Fitness: 1
     Intelligence: 3
     Willpower: 6
Skills:
     Intimidation: May decrease battle rolls for enemies
     Hypnosis: Makes an enemy tired
     Motivation: Increases battle rolls for other players
Inventory: 8 pencils, 2 red pens, 2 blue pens, 1 2" binder, 3 spiral-bound notebooks, 100 sheets of paper
Accepted.

Seanbobe

Seanbobe

Seanbobe

Dino

Name: Jimmy
Student or teacher: Teacher
Personality: Kind of grumpy, but that's mostly because of his constant back pain than his personality. Tries to turn any situation into a teaching opportunity. Strong believer in "there are no bad students only bad teachers".
Stats:
     Fitness: 0
     Intelligence: 7
     Willpower: 3
Skills:
Emergency first aid: Fortunately, Jimmy has learned first aid in case a student collapses during class. Heals a nearby ally by 10% of their maximum health.
Motivation: Jimmy has gone to university and learned the vital skills that help a student to stay focused. Adds +2 to a nearby ally's next roll.
Ruler smack: Using his nearly sixty years of teaching experience, Jimmy has mastered the art of the ruler smack. By smacking a nearby surface with his ruler, Jimmy can stun nearby enemies using the sharp sound, causing a 50% chance of a one turn stun.
Inventory: Ruler, pencil, eraser.
Other:

Seanbobe

Quote from: TheLastDinoName: Jimmy
Personality: Kind of grumpy, but that's mostly because of his constant back pain than his personality. Tries to turn any situation into a teaching opportunity. Strong believer in "there are no bad students only bad teachers".
Stats:
Skills: Teaching, math.
Other:
Erm, by "skills" I meant battle skills. Look at the other signup sheets for examples.

Prism

Stats:
Skills: Teaching, math.
Other:
Man

You're even wimpier than me
edit: oh wait you're 89

join Fragmented Future to forget that fairy types are immune to dragon-type moves

Seanbobe

Stats:
Skills:
Emergency first aid: Fortunately, Jimmy has learned first aid in case a student collapses during class. Heals a nearby ally by 10% of their maximum health.
Motivation: Jimmy has gone to university and learned the vital skills that help a student to stay focused. Adds +2 to a nearby ally's next roll.
Ruler smack: Using his nearly sixty years of teaching experience, Jimmy has mastered the art of the ruler smack. By smacking a nearby surface with his ruler, Jimmy can stun nearby enemies using the sharp sound, causing a 50% chance of a one turn stun.
Other:
Accepted.

Joyous Theta

Name: Local Friendly Human
Local Friendly Human Mode (Default) Stats:
     Intelligence: 5
Destroy Hostile Mode Stats:
     Fitness: 10
     Intelligence: 0
     Willpower: 0
Global Skills:
Berserk: If LFH takes heavy damage (1/3rd) or normal attacks 3 turns in a row, LFH temporarily goes into "Destroy Hostile" mode for 3 turns, changing their stats and abilities. This can also trigger due to story related reasons.
(Not counting this as one of LFH's 3 skills because it's more of a change of state that dictates what skills he can use and LFH can't use berserk as a normal skill)

Local Friendly Human Mode Skills:
(All Local Friendly Human mode skills use Intelligence)
Repair: Temporarily adds +2 to all attack rolls performed by an ally for 3 turns (even if the attack doesn't use their weapon, don't ask why). Allies get an additional +1 to attack rolls plus a small 5% heal if they are mechanical or have mechanical attributes (currently only LFH).
Recycle: Gives an ally a high (50%-75%) chance to not consume an item when used for 3 turns.

Destroy Hostile Mode Skills:
(All Destroy Hostile mode skills use fitness)
IMPROVISE;TYPE=WEAPON: LFH decides to improvise a weapon by using the enemy as a weapon. Damages two enemies, with more damage being done to the second enemy. Can be used against the ground if there isn't another enemy.

((Will we ever gain more skills?))

Seanbobe

Quote from: CrazeePiName: Local Friendly Human
Local Friendly Human Mode (Default) Stats:
     Intelligence: 5
Destroy Hostile Mode Stats:
     Fitness: 10
     Intelligence: 0
     Willpower: 0
Global Skills:
Berserk: If LFH takes heavy damage (1/3rd) or normal attacks 3 turns in a row, LFH temporarily goes into "Destroy Hostile" mode for 3 turns, changing their stats and abilities. This can also trigger due to story related reasons.
(Not counting this as one of LFH's 3 skills because it's more of a change of state that dictates what skills he can use and LFH can't use berserk as a normal skill)

Local Friendly Human Mode Skills:
(All Local Friendly Human mode skills use Intelligence)
Repair: Temporarily adds +2 to all attack rolls performed by an ally for 3 turns (even if the attack doesn't use their weapon, don't ask why). Allies get an additional +1 to attack rolls plus a small 5% heal if they are mechanical or have mechanical attributes (currently only LFH).
Recycle: Gives an ally a high (50%-75%) chance to not consume an item when used for 3 turns.

Destroy Hostile Mode Skills:
(All Destroy Hostile mode skills use fitness)
IMPROVISE;TYPE=WEAPON: LFH decides to improvise a weapon by using the enemy as a weapon. Damages two enemies, with more damage being done to the second enemy. Can be used against the ground if there isn't another enemy.

((Will we ever gain more skills?))
Stats and skills can't change depending on the situation. Please make one set of stats and one set of 2 or 3 skills. You may choose to gain a new skill on level ups.

Seanbobe

CrazeePi updated skills and stats through discord, so I have accepted. Will begin in 36 hours (24 might be problematic for me).

Seanbobe

Alright. It's time to start.

The group sits at one of the tables in the courtyard in front of the school. Most of the students have gone home for the weekend. Before the group can decide what to do, they get a text from Annie, who was one of the students who came back with the news about spambots.
Quote from: Anniehi guys!!! i can't make it today because i need to do extra credit. i asked my friend carson to help you instead since he knows the way to mt discord.he should be in the courtyard. goood luck!!!!!!!
Looking around, the group sees three boys in the courtyard. One is an older boy wearing all black, sitting nearby, and glaring angrily at the group. Another is a smaller boy with blond hair and round glasses who is sitting on a bench and reading a book. The third boy has red hair and freckles and is pacing back and forth impatiently.

Prism

I text her back.
Quote from: Reshiwhat does carson look like? there are three boys and i dont know who they are

Seanbobe

Quote from: JayfeatherI text her back.
Quote from: Reshiwhat does carson look like? there are three boys and i dont know who they are
Annie texts back:
Quote from: Anniehes got blond hair and glasses

Blunderbus

John looks awkwardly at the rest of the group, waiting for someone else to go and talk to Carson.

Seanbobe

Quote from: DaEpikDudeJohn looks awkwardly at the rest of the group, waiting for someone else to go and talk to Carson.
The entire group walks up to Carson together. After about a minute, Carson looks up. He gasps, jumps up, and begins backing up against the wall.

Carson: W-who are y-you? Why are you all l-l-looking at me? W-w-what d-do you w-want?

Blunderbus

"Uh, you're Carson, right? Annie told us you know how to get to Mt. Discord?"

Seanbobe

Quote from: DaEpikDude"Uh, you're Carson, right? Annie told us you know how to get to Mt. Discord?"

Carson: Oh. Uh...  Y-yeah. I know how to get there. I think. Uh, I guess I'll head with you guys. We need to leave the school first.

Carson joined the party.

Seanbobe

Blunderbus

"...so what are we waiting for?"

Seanbobe

Quote from: DaEpikDude"...so what are we waiting for?"
Carson: Uh, follow me I guess.

Carson begins walking toward the gate in front of the school.