News:

The moderation team plans to make revisions to the community guidelines. Detailed information about the changes can be found here. Your feedback is appreciated.

Main Menu

TGORADASWH Tug-of-War

Started by BaconAndEggs1, Oct 05, 2017, 10:01:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BaconAndEggs1

Another TBG based on TGORADASWH.

HOW IT WORKS
The game is reliant on a continuous score that is updated depending on the results of die rolls. The game score starts out as a 5 and resets every new page. (There is also a personal score, which is detailed more below.)
Roll a d3. If the die results in a 1, subtract one point from the score. If it's a 2, keep it as it is. If it's a 3, add one to the score. If the score is about to go under 1 or above 10, keep it as it is (i.e. 1 instead of 0, 10 instead of 11).
Depending on what the game score is by the final post of each page, one event of the following will happen:

1 = Whoever gets the first post on the next page receives six points towards their personal score.
2 = The first poster on the next page rolls a d10. Whatever the result is, the equivalent event on this chart must occur. If another 2 is rolled, reroll.
3 = Everybody loses one point from their personal scores.
4 = Roll a d25. The owner of the post on the current page equivalent to this number receives two points towards their personal score.
5 = Everybody receives two points towards their personal scores.
6 = Nothing happens. All scores stay the same.
7 = Roll a dice equal to the amount of players in the player list (which will be updated as often as possible!). Whoever the roll lands upon receives three points towards their personal score.
8 = Same as if you got 4, except it's equivalent to who gets it on the next page AND they receive five points instead.
9 = No personal scores are affected, but roll a d10. The resulting number will be the game score for the next page. (The reset norm will still remain at 5.)
10 = Whoever posts last on the current page (AKA the event post) receives six points towards their personal score.

RULES:
Somewhat the same as the original with a few adjustments, which means:
~ No rerolls (except for the 2 event above) or lying about your roll.
~ Double-posting is not allowed as this can be used to take advantage of some of the events.
~ Anyone who is caught breaking these above two rules will receive a stern look of disappointment issued by yours truly and will be Page-Locked™. No posts they make on the next page following the offense will count towards gameplay as a punishment and they will not receive any points.*
~ Personal scores are updated as often as I can get to it, but keep track of yours if you want to be certain.
~ Personal scores don't click over into the negative (so taking one point off from 0 makes 0 and not -1), though remaining at a zero or less in this game is highly unlikely anyway.

*If the result on 4 or 7 is somebody who's under these punishments, please reroll for a different user.

Current personal scores:
1. BaconAndEggs1: 0
2. redgreenandblue: 2
3. Floofy: 0
4. 8435.5: 0

I'll start (because it'd not really work if anybody else started first :P):
Not active here anymore, but I'll revisit from time to time.
If you need me here for any reason (e.g. updating scoreboards for games I run, questions about said games, activity required/requested in games I'm playing), ping me in the official TBGs Discord and I'll get on it ASAP.

Just chillin' out like:

redgreenandblue

🌱

BaconAndEggs1

NOTE: I've changed the 9 event to have a more random result. Previously, it would have just stayed at that number.

If you need me here for any reason (e.g. updating scoreboards for games I run, questions about said games, activity required/requested in games I'm playing), ping me in the official TBGs Discord and I'll get on it ASAP.

Just chillin' out like:

SpicyMeatball

previously known as Floofy

redgreenandblue

🌱

BaconAndEggs1

Quote from: Floofy10
BAE1 gets +6
Not quite. That would only happen on the final post of the page if I posted it and the score was ten. (I realise that I didn't really make myself clear on "last post" though. I'll change the wording of that a bit.) You're also meant to roll a d3 and add/take one to the score or keep it depending on what you got.

Just chillin' out like:

NotAJumbleOfNumbers

j u m b l e !

Currently listening to: Lemaitre - 1:18

BaconAndEggs1

Just chillin' out like:

NotAJumbleOfNumbers

j u m b l e !

BaconAndEggs1

UPDATE: Event 4 has been changed to include more possible posts that can be rolled.

Just chillin' out like:

NotAJumbleOfNumbers

j u m b l e !

BaconAndEggs1

Just chillin' out like:

redgreenandblue

🌱

NotAJumbleOfNumbers

j u m b l e !

BaconAndEggs1

Just chillin' out like:

NotAJumbleOfNumbers

j u m b l e !

BaconAndEggs1

Just chillin' out like:

redgreenandblue

🌱

BaconAndEggs1

Just chillin' out like:

redgreenandblue

🌱

BaconAndEggs1

Just chillin' out like:

NotAJumbleOfNumbers

j u m b l e !

BaconAndEggs1

Just chillin' out like:

BaconAndEggs1

i know that this game hasn't been played in like three years lol but i've updated the title cuz i feel like it fits the game better. also gonna work on making the rules simpler to understand.

anyway,

Just chillin' out like:

Byron_Inc_TBG

eh