News:

The moderation team plans to make revisions to the community guidelines. Detailed information about the changes can be found here. Your feedback is appreciated.

Main Menu

King/Queen of the Page!

Started by CellularData, Aug 25, 2016, 09:35:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CellularData

This started on the Pokemon Go topic on Scratch and quickly went overboard.  Someone called it a TBG and I was like "this would make an interesting TBG on the TBG forums".  And so I went and made this.

The goal is to have the first post on a page.  This is called being "king/queen of the page".  Obviously king of the page is male and queen of the page is female.  For gender-neutral situations, use whichever, or just the generic "ruler of the page".

Essentially this is a game of ninja-ing people.  Once we get to the bottom of a page things get more intense, but at the beginning things can get dull.  So I encourage congratulating people on getting king/queen/ruler of the page and maybe being competitive.  Like:
"Congrats on queen of page 5!"
"I'm gonna get king of page 6 ;)"
"No you aren't! D:<"

The rules:
1) Set your posts per page to 25, the default
2) No doubleposting unless the posts are at least 24 hours apart (which probably means you're bumping)
3) Definitely no tripleposting/quadrupleposting/etc
4) No using alt accounts to get around the doublepost rule
5) No calling "unfair" and demanding a rematch if someone ninja'd you by a second (which already happened to me when Nuke won page 5)
6) NO POST DELETING WHATSOEVER

Have fun!

Here's a tally of how many pages each player has:
Quote from: Leaderboard (to page 121)1st) Tymewalk - 18 pages
2nd) DownsGameClub - 14 pages
3rd) ChildGamer - 11 pages
4th) RekekkaTheFabulous - 9 pages
5th) epicanna27 - 8 pages
6th) Beagel - 7 pages
7th) HannahPenguin315_TBG - 6 pages
9th) NuclearArmadillo; TheTealWashableMarker - 5 pages
11th) Faressain; jji10dino - 4 pages
13th) seanbobe; algmwc5; BaconAndEggs1; Shpore - 3 pages
17th) LP_Play; SuperJedi224; Smiley100P; Yeroc8; Flowermanvista; 8435.5 - 2 pages
23rd) Netherland213; P-Code; PrincessPandaTBG; Darkfire; redgreenandblue; alexphan - 1 page
(Thanks redgreenandblue for keeping this updated while I was too lazy to do so)
(insert something fun here)

TBGs motto of 2018: let's not die please

LP_Play

sorry I'm too lazy to do a signature

Karanrimé

The human(?) previously known on this site as ChildGamer

[under construction]

;

LP_Play

CellularData

Now going to remove myself from the list of people who are ruler of a page because page 1 doesn't really count... haha

Tymewalk

Hello everyone

My name is Tommy and I'm 6

And I wanna be king

SO GET IN MY WAY AND I WILL END YOU
Whosoever holds this banhammer, if he be worthy, shall possess the power of moderaThor...
he/him | Text Based Games Forums Discord Server | Just Dance 2014 | (つo.o)つ It's Kirby!
back on the road, back down the road, downtown, i don't have courage but i have something else - and it's more than words

objecty

I don't use this website anymore (although I may check in or post occasionally), and have not for a while now. Sincerest apologies if you were wishing to communicate with me.
The vast majority of the things I have posted on here are old, and I regret them extremely. My attitude (i.e. annoyingness level (i.e. very high)) in such posts are (hopefully) not indicative of my current attitude (i.e. probably considerably less annoying). I thank all of my friends from earlier times here for tolerating my ignorance and idiocy.
Thank you.
(Also, I don't normally talk (well, type) like this. I just think it's fun. Bye.)

Tymewalk

Quote from: BeagelHi tommywalk
Yes my name is Tommywalk

I am a walking Tommy gun
Whosoever holds this banhammer, if he be worthy, shall possess the power of moderaThor...
he/him | Text Based Games Forums Discord Server | Just Dance 2014 | (つo.o)つ It's Kirby!
back on the road, back down the road, downtown, i don't have courage but i have something else - and it's more than words

CellularData

I expected this was going to fall into the depths of dead topics after getting absolutely no posts.  I guess I was wrong.

Tymewalk

Quote from: epicanna27I expected this was going to fall into the depths of dead topics after getting absolutely no posts.  I guess I was wrong.
A game about posting really fast to get a free internet point?

You bet people are gonna play!

LP_Play

Quote from: epicanna27let's hope we can actually get to that!
GG

CellularData

Each page is 25 posts (on here), so we're about halfway.

On Scratch it's 20 posts though.

SuperJedi224

Quote from: epicanna27Each page is 25 posts (on here), so we're about halfway.

But can't you change the number of posts it shows on a page though?

Tymewalk

Quote from: SuperJedi224
Quote from: epicanna27Each page is 25 posts (on here), so we're about halfway.

But can't you change the number of posts it shows on a page though?
So in that case we should standardize 25 posts per page.

joefarebrother

Yep, 25 posts is the default so it should be the standard.
Play me on chess.com! Scratch group!   √-1 2³ ∑ 3.14, and it was delicious!

Either your internet was too slow, or you're using the wrong theme, so you lost the game.

SuperJedi224

Quote from: joefarebrotherYep, 25 posts is the default so it should be the standard.

That sounds reasonable.

Tymewalk

Quote from: SuperJedi224
Quote from: joefarebrotherYep, 25 posts is the default so it should be the standard.

That sounds reasonable.
It certainly does!

Now give me that crown.

SuperJedi224

Tymewalk

King/Queen of Page 2 will be Poster #26.

Basically the post number p that determines the King/Queen of Page n can be found with this:

p = ((n - 1) * 25) + 1

So for n = 2 we get:

p = ((2 - 1) * 25) + 1
p =(1 * 25) + 1
p =25 + 1
p =26

Who says Algebra is useless NOW?!

SuperJedi224

I don't think I've ever said that.

Tymewalk

Quote from: SuperJedi224I don't think I've ever said that.
Too many other people do. Too many...

Even still, I will get that title. Puny mortals.

Prince

: /

Tymewalk

Quote from: Prince: /
Sorry. But that title is mine.

LP_Play

joefarebrother

GUESS WHO'S KING!!
Edit: Not me
Play me on chess.com! Scratch group!   √-1 2³ ∑ 3.14, and it was delicious!

Either your internet was too slow, or you're using the wrong theme, so you lost the game.