News:

The moderation team is holding a poll on the topic of the site's connection to Scratch. More details can be found here. Your feedback is appreciated.

Main Menu

Infomercial

Started by Tymewalk, Mar 08, 2016, 03:53:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tymewalk

Based on a post I saw a while back:
Quote from: That postlet's invent a game called infomercial

when someone yells infomercial at you you have to mess up whatever you're doing in a hilarious and dramatic way
So that's exactly what we are going to do.

The game plays off of the fact that people in infomercials can't seem to do anything right:

SERIOUSLY? Always with the full green bowl of cheese puffs?

Getting back to the point.

Someone says an action, and the person below them messes that action up VERY dramatically. Like this:
You make an egg.
I crack the egg on the side of the pan, smashing it. It explodes all over me, my stove top, and my floor.

You wash your hands.
I walk up to the sink, hands covered in mud, try to grab the soap, but it slips and gets dirty. I pick it up but then I drop it again into the toilet.

EDIT: As of post #87, to make it less related to <<>>, you now have to sell a product to the poster above you to help them.

Ready? Let's begin.

You walk in the office with a dozen donuts.
Whosoever holds this banhammer, if he be worthy, shall possess the power of moderaThor...
he/him | Text Based Games Forums Discord Server | Just Dance 2014 | (つo.o)つ It's Kirby!
back on the road, back down the road, downtown, i don't have courage but i have something else - and it's more than words

CatsUnited

No-one has table manners, respect or patience so they start jumping on you for donuts.

You have to eat your breakfast, but you have to go to work in 5 minutes.

DownsGameClub

You shove everything in you mouth, hoping that it will help.

You walk around

Siverko

And trip on your shoelaces.

I tie my soccer cleats.
I have returned.

Siverko - pronounced "SEE-vehr-koh" (IPA: [ˈsiverko]), from a traditional Slavic word meaning "cold north wind".

DrKat123_TBG

Then you trip over it

I died
this was my previous account

Dino

Then you got resurrected and got killed again in a most dramatic and painful way.

I ate an apple.

Jagged_Pickles

You miss your mouth in favor of your eye

jirachi

(you have to post an action)

I sharpen my pencil.

DownsGameClub

You over sharpen it.

I fail at math!

jirachi

You get kicked out of school for the rest of your life!

I use my laptop.

DownsGameClub

It breaks!

THERE IS A FLAME WAR!

jirachi

You get banned from using the internet! (I'm imagining all of these in a TV announcer voice :P)

I text my friends.

DownsGameClub

You get a flame!

I know everybody's name!

manosysltia

and you get labeled as a stalker and everybody starts cornering you and you initiate the beginning of World War Three.

It's a beautiful day outside!
pickles are just cucumbers and my life is a lie

jirachi

But oh no! You got a nasty sunburn! (Imagine in TV commercial narrator voice :P)

I drink some juice.

DrKat123_TBG

Suddenly you barfed

I'm on a surgery

jirachi

Suddenly the surgeon has to leave in the middle of the surgery!

I read a book while eating a snack.

DrKat123_TBG

But you've mistaken your book as the snack

I'm dying

Tymewalk

You try to die peacefully in old age by laying down in bed. Instead you miss the bed, faceplant into the nightstand, and live for another 25 years.
BUY THE DIEMOTRON 3000 TODAY TO HELP YOU DIE EASIER

You try to get those tough stains out of your shirt with store-brand detergent.
Whosoever holds this banhammer, if he be worthy, shall possess the power of moderaThor...
he/him | Text Based Games Forums Discord Server | Just Dance 2014 | (つo.o)つ It's Kirby!
back on the road, back down the road, downtown, i don't have courage but i have something else - and it's more than words

joefarebrother

I spill it and it goes all over my kitchen floor. I then slip in it and fall over.

You listen to some music.
Play me on chess.com! Scratch group!   √-1 2³ ∑ 3.14, and it was delicious!

Either your internet was too slow, or you're using the wrong theme, so you lost the game.

Tymewalk

The music was Never Gonna Give You Up. You cringe and fall (and can't get up).
(Off-Topic - this cool plugin tutorial on YouTube prevents rickrolls)

You play TF2.

CatsUnited

But oh no! You don't have any hats!

You're driving down the highway.

jirachi

But suddenly, a rogue driver smashes into you, causing both of you to crash!

I listen to music.

DownsGameClub

But great!  Your iPod crashed!

I buy a Nest Thermostat.

Siverko

That sets the temperature to 0 K!

I only accept documentation written in the metric system.
I have returned.

Siverko - pronounced "SEE-vehr-koh" (IPA: [ˈsiverko]), from a traditional Slavic word meaning "cold north wind".