News:

The moderation team is holding a poll on the topic of the site's connection to Scratch. More details can be found here. Your feedback is appreciated.

Main Menu

5 minute rule (the updated food dropping game!)

Started by jji7skyline, Jan 22, 2016, 12:03:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jji7skyline

We all know about the (scientifically unproven) "5-second rule" that claims that as long as a piece of food that has been dropped on the floor is picked up within 5 seconds, it is 'safe to eat'.

Well this is the TBG version. Players will "drop a piece of food" each time they post, and if the next poster posts within 60 seconds, they get to "eat" the food, gaining 1 point. Please keep a track of how many points you have in each post.

Twist!: Once you have gained a few points, you can 'bet' these points. How do you do this? Instead of dropping a piece of "food", you can drop some of your points (you choose how many, but no more than the total points you have!). If someone picks it up within 5 minutes, they gain those points and you lose them. If not, you get your dropped points back doubled! So if you had 5 points and bet 3 points, but nobody picked them up within 5 minutes, you would end up with 8 points!

I'll start:

--

jji7skyline's points: 0
I drop a piece of cake!

EDIT: So the new game changes from 60 seconds to 5 minutes, since it was too hard to get points with the 60 second rule.
I see the world inside of one...
I see the world inside of two...
I see the world inside of me...
I see the world inside of you...                                 ~ Policy Concept

Siverko

I'm too late!

I drop a piece of cake. I bet 50349523595230485230958230985230958230 points.
I have returned.

Siverko - pronounced "SEE-vehr-koh" (IPA: [ˈsiverko]), from a traditional Slavic word meaning "cold north wind".

scratcher7_13

You don't have that many points. I drop a piece of pizza.

Siverko

I have returned.

Siverko - pronounced "SEE-vehr-koh" (IPA: [ˈsiverko]), from a traditional Slavic word meaning "cold north wind".

scratcher7_13

Ugh is right. I drop a tomato.

Siverko

I have returned.

Siverko

Wait, I was too late.

I drop toxins.
I have returned.

scratcher7_13

Siverko

I intentionally waited more than 60 seconds.

I drop cheese.
I have returned.

scratcher7_13

Dino

Yes!

I drop an apple.

Fastmapler

Gotta go fast

I drop a cake
"Unwitty signature here." ~ Fastmapler

Siverko

I have returned.

scratcher7_13

I eat the bread you dropped and drop a nice, healthy salad.

Siverko

OM NOM NOM NOM NOM!!!!!!!

ME LIKE SALAD.

I drop a toxic apple.
I have returned.

scratcher7_13

I eat the apple and drop candy.

Fastmapler

Fruit salad is good. I dont eat candy because I am a poor peasant :(

I drop myself.
"Unwitty signature here." ~ Fastmapler

Siverko

I have returned.

scratcher7_13

I eat the air you dropped.

I drop a leek tart.

Siverko

I have returned.

scratcher7_13

I drop a cake. Slow internet is not fun.

jji7skyline

Too late

I drop a carrot shaped onion

(don't forget to keep track of your points guys!)
I see the world inside of one...
I see the world inside of two...
I see the world inside of me...
I see the world inside of you...                                 ~ Policy Concept

DrKat123_TBG

this was my previous account

scratcher7_13