News:

The moderation team plans to make revisions to the community guidelines. Detailed information about the changes can be found here. Your feedback is appreciated.

Main Menu

The Unruinable Wish

Started by joefarebrother, Nov 07, 2015, 04:53:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

joefarebrother

This is like My Wish Is Ruined, but we are collaborating on a single wish to make it impossible to ruin. You post a wish, and the next poster has to ruin it, like in MWIR, but then the next poster has to post a new wish that expends on the one above but immune to the ruin above. If it's your turn to grant a wish and you can't think of any way to ruin it, you must pay a number of rublits equal the number of posts in the wish divided by 10 rounded up to each person who contributed to the wish (both wishers and ruiners) excluding yourself. Since hardly anyone is using TBG currencies any more, just ignore that part. You may then start a new wish.

Rules:
[list=*]
[li]You may not change the base wish. If the base wish was "I wish for faster internet", you can't change that to "I wish for a faster computer". You could, however, say "I wish for faster internet and my computer is fast enough to take advantage of it" if the previous ruin mentioned that. You can only change the base wish if you pay the fee as described above.[/li]
[li]Your ruin must be relevant to the wish. If someone says "I wish for a computer", you can't just say "Granted, but you die", because it's not relevant. You could, however, say "Granted, but it electrocutes you and kills you" because that is something relating to the wish. And if it was "I wish for a computer and I don't die", you can say "Granted but someone else dies" because the wish specifically mentions death.[/li]
[li]Your new wish must be relevant to the previous ruin in the same way, and should resist all previous ruins for this wish chain.[/li]
[li]The specific ruins "Granted, but it's only [small percentage - e.g. 0.0001%] more/faster/stronger/etc", "Granted but only for [small amount of time - e.g. 0.0001 milliseconds]", and "Granted, but in a parallel universe" are not allowed because they are unimaginative and could apply to anything[/li]
[li]Rating the wish or ruin above you is not required, but recommended[/li]
[li]Be imaginative. I may add to the list above if the same ruins are used over and over again. [/li]
[li]No double posting[/li]
[li]No flaming - I'd recommend to not post about sonic or kerbals[/li]
[/list]

Example:
Person 1: I wish for a sandwich
Person 2: Granted but it's poisoned
Person 3: I wish for a sandwich which is safe for human consumption
Person 4: Granted but it tastes bad
Person 5: I wish for a good-tasting sandwich that is safe for human consumption
And so on.

The next poster will start off the first wish chain.
Play me on chess.com! Scratch group!   √-1 2³ ∑ 3.14, and it was delicious!

Either your internet was too slow, or you're using the wrong theme, so you lost the game.

Siverko

I wish for a pair of hockey skates in my size that won't degrade over time.
I have returned.

Siverko - pronounced "SEE-vehr-koh" (IPA: [ˈsiverko]), from a traditional Slavic word meaning "cold north wind".

PrincessPandaTBG

Granted, you develop athlete' feet.

I wish for hockey skates with Velcro.
A regular TBGer from 2015-7, bless Sonic the Hedgehog
DARN YOU LACK OF SUPPORT FOR WEBP

Siverko

No, that's not how it works.

I wish for a pair of hockey skates in my size that won't degrade over time and that I don't develop any medical symptoms from wearing them.
I have returned.

Siverko - pronounced "SEE-vehr-koh" (IPA: [ˈsiverko]), from a traditional Slavic word meaning "cold north wind".

joefarebrother

Granted, but your feet grow too big for them. They used to be your size, however.

(@PPTBG you're meant to do a grant or a wish, depending on what's next, not both in one turn)

Either your internet was too slow, or you're using the wrong theme, so you lost the game.

Siverko

I wish for a pair of hockey skates in my size that won't degrade over time and that I don't develop any medical symptoms from wearing them and that I don't outgrow them.
I have returned.

joefarebrother

Siverko

I wish for a pair of hockey skates in my size that won't degrade over time and that I don't develop any medical symptoms from wearing them and that I don't outgrow them and that they don't become too large.
I have returned.

ev3commander

Granted, but they fall into a sewer.
I have regrets.

joefarebrother

I wish for a pair of hockey skates in my size that won't degrade over time and I don't develop any medical symptoms from wearing them and that my feet won't change size and they won't get lost or stolen in any way.

Seanbobe

Granted. You get roller skates that are intended for use in field hockey.
My joke RPG: Instructions Unclear: The RPG of Memes
My serious RPG: Stop the Spambots!
My offline life: error 404

ev3commander

I wish for a pair of ice hockey skates in my size that won't degrade over time and I don't develop any medical symptoms from wearing them and that my feet won't change size and they won't get lost or stolen in any way.
I have regrets.

joefarebrother

Granted. The rest of your body grows while your feet stay the same size, and collapse under the new weight of your body.

Siverko

I wish for a pair of ice hockey skates in my size that won't degrade over time and I don't develop any medical symptoms from wearing them and that my body won't change size and they won't get lost or stolen in any way.
I have returned.

ev3commander

Granted, but they're permanently stained.
I have regrets.

Siverko

I wish for a pair of ice hockey skates in my size that won't degrade over time, including stains and any sort of damage in any way, and I don't develop any medical symptoms from wearing them and that my body won't change size and they won't get lost or stolen in any way.
I have returned.

joefarebrother

Granted. You don't change size, but the skates do.

CatsUnited

I wish for a pair of ice hockey skates in my size and my size only that won't degrade over time, including stains and any sort of damage in any way, and I don't develop any medical symptoms from wearing them and that my body or it won't change size in any dimension and they won't get lost or stolen in any way.

DrKat123_TBG

Granted. They have sharp blades in it
this was my previous account

joefarebrother

I wish for a pair of ice hockey skates in my size my size only that are comfortable and painless to wear and won't degrade over time, including stains and any sort of damage in any way, and I don't develop any medical symptoms from wearing them and that my body or it won't change size in any dimension and they won't get lost or stolen in any way.

ev3commander

Granted, but you accidentally hurt yourself when skating and you are forbidden to use them ever again.
I have regrets.

Siverko

I wish for a pair of ice hockey skates in my size and my size only that are comfortable and painless to wear and won't degrade over time, including stains and any sort of damage in any way, including both damage to myself and to the skates, and I don't develop any medical symptoms from wearing them and that my body or the skates won't change size in any dimension and they won't get lost or stolen in any way.
I have returned.

Seanbobe

Granted. I'm wearing them. Good luck getting to them.

Siverko

I wish for a pair of ice hockey skates in my size and my size only that are comfortable and painless to wear and won't degrade over time, including stains and any sort of damage in any way, including both damage to myself and to the skates, and I don't develop any medical symptoms from wearing them and that my body or the skates won't change size in any dimension and they won't get lost or stolen in any way and that I actually own them.
I have returned.

Seanbobe

Granted. You own them. I'm "borrowing" them.