News:

The moderation team is holding a poll on the topic of the site's connection to Scratch. More details can be found here. Your feedback is appreciated.

Main Menu

The Ninth Moderator Election

Started by Zoomreddin, Dec 25, 2013, 04:04:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zoomreddin

Hello, and welcome. This is something that I'm sure a good portion of our forum members have been waiting for.

The 9th moderator election!

We've started this election in need for a few extra moderators, for our current staff team has thinned out considerably, burnt out from working. We'll be picking two, possibly three moderators that the community sees fit to elect, judging by their overall performance on the forums and by their speeches. Feel free to go to the speeches topic here, but please do not post anything other than speeches in that topic. Discussion of everything election related is to be strictly confined to this sole topic, and any violating posts shall be removed from the speeches thread, so please be careful. :)

Now, on to the fun part! Everyone prepare your speeches! The final submission date will be on 2014-01-08 T 12:00:00 U. It is advised you post your speeches before this. We'll be voting on the speeches once they're all in, and we'll wait for 2014-01-15 T 12:00:00 U in which there will be a short discussion before the moderators elected will be promoted!

Thank you, and good luck to every contestant! Let's give everyone planning to run a hand!

EDIT: Good job to all those who ran, and congratulations to PreoKid and joefarebrother!

PreoKid

Looks like team moderator is blasting off again.

Sorry, I just had to say it. :P
"Many people hear voices when no one is there.
Some of them are called 'mad' and shut up in rooms where they stare at the walls all day.
Others are called 'writers,' and they do pretty much the same thing."

- Meg Chittenden

joefarebrother

I'll run! I'll make a speech when I get to a computer.
Play me on chess.com! Scratch group!   √-1 2³ ∑ 3.14, and it was delicious!

Either your internet was too slow, or you're using the wrong theme, so you lost the game.

eveadelekitty

Quote from: PreoKidLooks like team moderator is blasting off again.

LOL
OMG YES

mmm whatcha sayyyy

Zoomreddin

Quote from: PreoKidLooks like team moderator is blasting off again.

;) my thoughts exactly. Also the time for speeches to be prepared is a little short, so I might extend the time maybe a week or so, because I know that everyone is very busy around the winter holidays.

Zoomreddin

The period in which speeches can be posted is now extended an extra week due to the short time and the fact that they were placed inconveniently around the Christmas holidays.

Dino

Zoomreddin

So many speeches posted now! I am truly excited. Good luck to all of the candidates that have posted their speeches, and good luck to the ones that still will!

SilverEagle

bruh

Dino

sanjayraj

I'm back. For now.

bluecat600

I'm not going to apply but good luck everyone! :D
Garlic bread enthusiast.
================================================================
I am a random kid on the interwebs with a poor sense of humour and many awful puns to share with you

Tai-Guy

voting is now  open go to "Announcements." for more.
"The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine." - Abraham Lincoln

]
                                                                                                                                                            Earth and Moon, showing their sizes and distance to scale. The yellow bar represents a pulse of light traveling from Earth to Moon in 1.26 seconds.

Tai-Guy

NOTE: you MUST click Done when you finish!
"The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine." - Abraham Lincoln

]
                                                                                                                                                            Earth and Moon, showing their sizes and distance to scale. The yellow bar represents a pulse of light traveling from Earth to Moon in 1.26 seconds.

Dino

PreoKid

"Many people hear voices when no one is there.
Some of them are called 'mad' and shut up in rooms where they stare at the walls all day.
Others are called 'writers,' and they do pretty much the same thing."

- Meg Chittenden

sanjayraj

I'm back. For now.

joefarebrother

Play me on chess.com! Scratch group!   √-1 2³ ∑ 3.14, and it was delicious!

Either your internet was too slow, or you're using the wrong theme, so you lost the game.

jji7skyline

As have I.

Don't forget, a higher number is a higher vote.
I see the world inside of one...
I see the world inside of two...
I see the world inside of me...
I see the world inside of you...                                 ~ Policy Concept

Fishmael

Is it wrong to vote for yourself?
ke a safe just fell on a ca
hived, but I'm happy to tr
ouns are they/she, pleas
ive on the misc forums, i

Zoomreddin

Quote from: frishyIs it wrong to vote for yourself?
I wouldn't think so. There was against it in the previous election, and I think that everyone should have the right to vote for who they think deserves it most. So you can if you want, sure. :)

EDIT: Also I voted.

chocolatepenguin

I would have run but as I don't come on the main TBG forum often I didn't hear. :(

Spyderblade

I voted, and I hope my input is helpful.
^^V^><>V^VV<>^<V>^<V><
<>^^V I'm confusing you ><^>
<^VV><^V><^V^^><V>^V<V

Zoomreddin

Quote from: chocolatepenguinI would have run but as I don't come on the main TBG forum often I didn't hear. :(
Usually it's a good call not to run for moderator if you already aren't logging into the site often. I'd only recommend running for moderator if you frequent the site very often, I'd say at least every other day, and want to be on much more than you already are. Moderator isn't all fun and games, it's a serious job. I wouldn't worry about it though, there's always going to be another election that you can participate in. :)