News:

The moderation team is holding a poll on the topic of the site's connection to Scratch. More details can be found here. Your feedback is appreciated.

Main Menu

Community Garden

Started by redgreenandblue, Mar 27, 2024, 03:32:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

redgreenandblue

🌱🌵🌻🌲 Community Garden 🌲🌻🌵🌱

How to play
Start by planting a seed: "I plant a basic seed, I'll name this plant 1"
Everyday you must water your plant: "I water plant 1"
If it has been over a day* since watering your plant, it dies: "I forgot to water plant 1. Rest in peace legend."
*Basic Plants die after 30 hours of not being watered. 6 hours are added as a grace period.

Other rules
You can water other people's plants.
You can have multiple plants at once.
There is no such thing as over-watering a plant.
Only water one plant per post.
Only plant one seed per post.
When planting a seed, try to ensure your chosen name for that plant has not been taken.

Tips
Don't have too many plants at once.
Set reminders to water your plants.
It is helpful to keep track of your plants, compost, and prestige points using spoiler tags. This way, every time you post here, you can copy all of the information from your previous post and update it. This will ultimately save you a lot of time looking back for when your plant was last watered. Feel free to use the template below!
[spoiler=My plants][font=Courier New]
💧 | Day Planted | Last watered |   Name
🌱 | MM/DD/YYYY  |  MM/DD/YYYY  | Plant Name
🌵 | MM/DD/YYYY  |  MM/DD/YYYY  | Plant Name
🌲 | MM/DD/YYYY  |  MM/DD/YYYY  | Plant Name

Compost: X
Prestige Points: X[/font][/spoiler]

Including this in your post will look as shown below:
My plants

💧 | Day Planted | Last watered |   Name
🌱 | 03/26/2024  |  05/05/2024  | Basic A
🌵 | 04/21/2024  |  05/01/2024  | Prickly
🌲 | 04/29/2024  |  04/30/2024  | Nikola Sr

Compost: 12
Prestige Points: 0

🌱🌵🌻🌲🌱🌵🌻🌲🌱🌵🌻🌲🌱🌵🌻🌲🌱🌵🌻🌲🌱🌵🌻🌲🌱🌵🌻🌲🌱🌵🌻🌲🌱🌵🌻🌲

And that's all you need to know to get started!

Everything below this point pertains to new types of plants you can unlock by playing the game. Happy gardening!

🌱🌵🌻🌲🌱🌵🌻🌲🌱🌵🌻🌲🌱🌵🌻🌲🌱🌵🌻🌲🌱🌵🌻🌲🌱🌵🌻🌲🌱🌵🌻🌲🌱🌵🌻🌲

As you play this game you will unlock new types of plants. Below is a list of plants and how to unlock them.
Types of Plant
  • 🌱 Basic plant
    No special rules.
    Unlocked by default.
  • 🌵 Cactus
    Only has to be watered once every 7 days.
    Now unlocked by default.
  • 🌲 Tree
    Only has to be watered once per month (eg if it was last watered on April 8th it will die on May 8th if it isn't watered again).
    You may only have 1 tree at a time.
    If your tree survives for 1 year, it may be upgraded into a new type of tree (see "Tree Upgrades")
    Locked until one of your plants lasts a month.
  • 🎍 Bamboo
    Every 7 days, anyone can level up a bamboo plant.
    Your bamboo lasts x days without water where x is equal to the bamboo's level.
    Locked until you have had 3 different plants last a week.
  • 🍄 Mushroom
    Does not have to be watered.
    Every 7 days it must be fed 3 compost. You can feed it all 3 compost in one post. As soon as it is fed the third compost the clock is reset. If 7 days have passed and the mushroom has not been fed its third compost it dies.
    Cannot be composted.
    Locked until you have 20 compost.
  • 🌻 Sunflower
    Locked until one of your basic plants has lasted at least a week.
    Can only be watered by whoever planted it.
    Only has to be watered once every 3 days.
    Is worth one prestige point per week it has been alive (these do not go away after it dies).

Composting
At any time you may compost one of your own plants.
This kills the plant and you get one compost point per day it has been alive.
If one of your plants died due to other reasons you may compost it within a week.
Try to keep track of your own compost points.

Upgrading your Tree
If you have had one of your trees survive for one year you may upgrade it into one of the trees shown below. The upgrades also cost a certain amount of prestige points which can be achieved by growing sunflowers.
Tree Upgrades

• 🌳 Oak Tree
    Cost: 5 prestige points
    Lasts one year without being watered.
  • 🌴 Palm Tree
    Cost: 10 prestige points
    Lasts one month without being watered. Whenever a palm tree is watered, all of that gardener's other plants are watered as well.
  • 🌿 Willow Tree
    Cost: 25 prestige points
    Lasts one month without being watered. Only one willow tree may exist at any given time. If a willow tree lasts 5 years after being upgraded, the community wins the game and this topic will be closed soon after.

Changelog:
v1.1
v1.2
v1.3
v1.4

realicraft

i will plant five basic seeds, named 'basic a' through 'basic e'

Zan

One basic seed, named "Mariana".
THE KUMQUATS WERE HERE

64lu

i plant a basic seed and name the plant aaron
lalala

PkmnQ

I plant a basic seed named ":)"
Quickly, I must save the Q's!
Project EAPIDTOTT2TTNO's current target: 4n topic
A cool kid quietly measures the distance in the banquet (5). :/ B)
On a journey to a new domain full of enrichment, With auras and curses for your entertainment, The concept of collectibles spent to unblock your path, Is stretched far to create an interesting aftermath. The ideas start simple at their most plain, Followed by golden power breaking constraints, Along with barriers to check you've cleared things out, Although double vision puts their power in doubt. Why raise up when you can instead replace, And why take just some when you can completely erase? Replacing with nothing may sound like obliteration, But there's a good reason for its differentiation. Special colors that melt, fortify, and wash, And blockages not even gold can squash, A loft rumored to be haunted by a certain curse, And a metal whose purity demonstrates its worth. You've just reached amounts less than none, One thing is clear: It has only just begun.
Tip: Use c͢ombining cha͊racters, because ye᷂s.
Quine list

Threads that I think should be played more: link chain Pre-posted Destruction
Scripts: The sky is the limit

PkmnQ

On a journey to a new domain full of enrichment, With auras and curses for your entertainment, The concept of collectibles spent to unblock your path, Is stretched far to create an interesting aftermath. The ideas start simple at their most plain, Followed by golden power breaking constraints, Along with barriers to check you've cleared things out, Although double vision puts their power in doubt. Why raise up when you can instead replace, And why take just some when you can completely erase? Replacing with nothing may sound like obliteration, But there's a good reason for its differentiation. Special colors that melt, fortify, and wash, And blockages not even gold can squash, A loft rumored to be haunted by a certain curse, And a metal whose purity demonstrates its worth. You've just reached amounts less than none, One thing is clear: It has only just begun.
Quine list

redgreenandblue

I am going to grow a basic seed named "Nikola", named after my irl plant who inspired this game because I always forget to water it 🌱

Zan

Quote from: 64lu on Mar 27, 2024, 03:43:49 AMi plant a basic seed and name the plant aaron
I was gonna be the first person to give a plant a normal human name but then I thought Mariana trench is cool

Anyways do I water my plant now
Since over-watering doesn't exist I'll water it now.

Edit: wait is Mariana also a human name
THE KUMQUATS WERE HERE

PkmnQ

Quine list

Zan

THE KUMQUATS WERE HERE

PkmnQ

I guess I should water :) too
Quine list

Zan

THE KUMQUATS WERE HERE

Zan

THE KUMQUATS WERE HERE

PkmnQ

I'll plant another seed and name it "Hard Mode" after this IWL level (if the world is the garden, then surely each individual level would be the plants?)
Quine list

PkmnQ

I water Hard Mode

By the way I picked that one specifically aince it was my favorite level from  that world
Quine list

Zan

Quote from: redgreenandblue on Mar 27, 2024, 03:45:59 AMI am going to grow a basic seed named "Nikola", named after my irl plant who inspired this game because I always forget to water it 🌱
I also had a plant once
Okay twice
Both died of starvation and probably lack of sunlight

To avoid death, I water Nikola.
THE KUMQUATS WERE HERE

redgreenandblue

Quote from: Zan on Mar 27, 2024, 03:56:09 AM
Quote from: redgreenandblue on Mar 27, 2024, 03:45:59 AMI am going to grow a basic seed named "Nikola", named after my irl plant who inspired this game because I always forget to water it 🌱
I also had a plant once
Okay twice
Both died of starvation and probably lack of sunlight

To avoid death, I water Nikola.
If Nikola could talk it would thank you.
Hopefully this game reminds me to water it more.

I water basic a.

Zan

THE KUMQUATS WERE HERE

PkmnQ

Quine list

PkmnQ

Quine list

Zan

THE KUMQUATS WERE HERE

PkmnQ

Quine list

realicraft

i water basic e

edit: ah. ninja

Zan

THE KUMQUATS WERE HERE

realicraft