News:

The moderation team is holding a poll on the topic of the site's connection to Scratch. More details can be found here. Your feedback is appreciated.

Main Menu

If this gets a post ID of 65536, we advance! (The cooler version)

Started by Incendiary, Dec 13, 2023, 02:56:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PkmnQ

Number the cells such that the initial 0 is cell 1, the initial 2 is cell 2, the initial 3 is cell 3, and further generated cells are cell 4, 5, etc.
Quickly, I must save the Q's!
Project EAPIDTOTT2TTNO's current target: 4n topic
A cool kid quietly measures the distance in the banquet (5). :/ B)
On a journey to a new domain full of enrichment, With auras and curses for your entertainment, The concept of collectibles spent to unblock your path, Is stretched far to create an interesting aftermath. The ideas start simple at their most plain, Followed by golden power breaking constraints, Along with barriers to check you've cleared things out, Although double vision puts their power in doubt. Why raise up when you can instead replace, And why take just some when you can completely erase? Replacing with nothing may sound like obliteration, But there's a good reason for its differentiation. Special colors that melt, fortify, and wash, And blockages not even gold can squash, A loft rumored to be haunted by a certain curse, And a metal whose purity demonstrates its worth. You've just reached amounts less than none, One thing is clear: It has only just begun.
Tip: Use c͢ombining cha͊racters, because ye᷂s.
Quine list

Threads that I think should be played more: link chain Pre-posted Destruction
Scripts: The sky is the limit

PkmnQ

Quote from: PkmnQ on Dec 28, 2023, 12:16:15 AMNumber the cells such that the initial 0 is cell 1, the initial 2 is cell 2, the initial 3 is cell 3, and further generated cells are cell 4, 5, etc.
Doing this, there is a simple process to have cells of 0 mod 2 or 0 mod 3 (or one of 0, 2, 3, 4 mod 6) to be non-zero.
On a journey to a new domain full of enrichment, With auras and curses for your entertainment, The concept of collectibles spent to unblock your path, Is stretched far to create an interesting aftermath. The ideas start simple at their most plain, Followed by golden power breaking constraints, Along with barriers to check you've cleared things out, Although double vision puts their power in doubt. Why raise up when you can instead replace, And why take just some when you can completely erase? Replacing with nothing may sound like obliteration, But there's a good reason for its differentiation. Special colors that melt, fortify, and wash, And blockages not even gold can squash, A loft rumored to be haunted by a certain curse, And a metal whose purity demonstrates its worth. You've just reached amounts less than none, One thing is clear: It has only just begun.
Quine list

PkmnQ

Quote from: PkmnQ on Dec 28, 2023, 12:20:10 AM
Quote from: PkmnQ on Dec 28, 2023, 12:16:15 AMNumber the cells such that the initial 0 is cell 1, the initial 2 is cell 2, the initial 3 is cell 3, and further generated cells are cell 4, 5, etc.
Doing this, there is a simple process to have cells of 0 mod 2 or 0 mod 3 (or one of 0, 2, 3, 4 mod 6) to be non-zero.
From here, 5 can be constructed at cells 6, 12, 18, etc. 6 mod 5 is 1, therefore by placing 5's at strategic positions, unless the other numbers get in the way, I should be able to make every single cell non-zero.
Quine list

PkmnQ

Quote from: PkmnQ on Dec 28, 2023, 12:21:45 AM
From here, 5 can be constructed at cells 6, 12, 18, etc. 6 mod 5 is 1, therefore by placing 5's at strategic positions, unless the other numbers get in the way, I should be able to make every single cell non-zero.
The other numbers got in the way.
Quine list

Byron_Inc_TBG

bomb

Gilbert189

jsab things that youtube have recommended to me for some reason
each block corresponds to one outbreak

a drum cover from jerod
a rhythm heaven remix
game review
a custom level
a custom level
close to me playthrough, which I watched
close to me playthrough
something related to close to me
final boss, just final boss
the entire (story mode) playthough

all boss playthrough

all boss playthrough?
all boss playthrough
final boss playthrough
new game playthrough
something, possibly a custom level
discussion of some sort
a MEGALOVANIA-themed remix, which I played

Not Unlocked
Don't Try This
try this playthrough
Not the Final Boss
Not Sevcon
Not a New Game
a jsab mod that uses these hq rips for an april fools joke
Not Cheat Codes
all level playthrough

Not Hype
something about omnipresent

Brick for 1 hour straight (I swear this is relevant)
Not Deadlocked

an orchestral remix of factory theme

a blend of two level's OST
Not Last Tile
an HS remix of Barracuda
$30 Barracuda (what?)
mashup with PA
if Rush E was a JSaB level

PkmnQ

Quote from: PkmnQ on Dec 28, 2023, 12:25:16 AM
Is this supposed to be that hard?
Quine list

PkmnQ

Quote from: PkmnQ on Dec 28, 2023, 12:36:46 AM
Quote from: PkmnQ on Dec 28, 2023, 12:25:16 AM
Is this supposed to be that hard?
I'm probably missing something obvious.
Quine list

Byron_Inc_TBG

bomb

Zan

THE KUMQUATS WERE HERE

realicraft

it seems that christmas trees from odd-numbered years are more chaotic than trees from even-numbered years

realicraft

solitaire

PkmnQ

Quine list

Zan

THE KUMQUATS WERE HERE

PkmnQ

Quine list

solitaire

realicraft

i did not realize that had transparent text (i assumed it contained only a youtube video, and i have adblock set up to block those)

PkmnQ

Quote from: realicraft on Dec 28, 2023, 06:31:47 PMi did not realize that had transparent text (i assumed it contained only a youtube video, and i have adblock set up to block those)
Quine list

Byron_Inc_TBG

bomb

Gilbert189

Quote from: CaryOkay, fine! I'll give you an even bigger brain!

Gilbert189

My attempt to decode this message:
'v9=xwyG3a_82)|84>'94ahF*(yD6$qD2)"Dxvy`5rq_2v&84bq9*a&8*)yG5(d<xv`=xv+=+(IKxw}Gxv#94>DFxt<8*auFxv9=*)x8*ah`3?#D+)}Kxw}G5(d<4JqA3:q_2v&8*(=J{rq:5)"8$$q<3ac?5rq>+('DxvIA2a&85v9=6$5J+$q_2v'J+$c8$$q;*(c8+>'=3rq_2v&83('_*(H8*>'F+(u_2rqE6$q>+('_{rq:5)"82)"82?'K5rq<3a'K3:5_xv+=+(H84>'93rc8$$qC3>hbxw#@*)"83)<84a'F4a&83a*84a`=3vH82)|82(d_*(}_{rq:5)"82)"8+vh=4ac?5rq>+('DxvIA2a&82)"82)|Fr8Ay5r5Kxwu`2('_{:q&3ag84)'A+)"F
I noticed the phrase "Onfr64" on the hint, which I presume means "Base64". Looking at the ciphertext, there's 52 different characters, which makes the Base64 claim more plausible. This ciphertext decodes 2472 bits, which is divisible by 8, which means it's probably encoding some 8-bit ASCII.

Assuming that only ASCII characters are used, that means the most significant bit should be 0. This allowed me to make this substitution table:

' | 0???0?
v | ??0???
9 | ????0?
= | ????0?
x | 0???0?
w | ??0???
y | ????0?
G | ??????
3 | 0?????
a | ??0???
_ | ????0?
8 | ??0???
2 | 0?????
) | ??0???
| | ????0?
4 | 0?????
> | ??0???
h | ????0?
F | ??????
* | 0???0?
( | ??0???
D | ????0?
6 | 0?????
$ | 0?0???
q | ????0?
" | ????0?
` | ????0?
5 | 0???0?
r | 0?0???
& | ????0?
b | ??0???
d | ????0?
< | ????0?
+ | 0???0?
I | ????0?
K | ??????
} | ????0?
# | ????0?
t | ??0???
u | ????0?
? | ??0???
J | ??0???
A | ????0?
: | ??0???
{ | 0?????
c | ????0?
; | ??????
H | ????0?
E | ??????
C | ??????
@ | ??????
g | ????0?

From this alphabet, I then reconstruct the bits of the plaintext:
0???0???0???????0?????0?0???0???0???????0???????0???????0???????0???0???0???????0???????0???0???0???????0???0???0?????0?0???????0???????0???????0???0???0???????0?????0?0?????0?0???????0?????0?0???????0???????0?????0?0???0???0???????0?????0?0???0?0?0???????0?????0?0???????0???????0???0???0???????0???????0?????0?0???0???0???????0???0???0???0???0???????0???????0???0???0???????0?????0?0???0???0???????0?????0?0???0???0???0???0?????0?0???0???0???????0???????0???0???0???????0???????0???0???0???????0?????0?0???????0???????0???????0???0???0???????0???0???0???0???0???????0???????0???0???0???????0?????0?0???0???0???0???0???0???0???0???0???????0?????0?0???????0???????0?????0?0???0???0???????0???????0???0???0???????0???????0???0???0???????0?????0?0???????0???????0?????0?0???????0???????0?????0?0???????0???????0???0???0???0???0???????0???0???0?????0?0???????0???0???0???0???0???????0???0???0?0???0?0???????0?????0?0???????0???????0???0???0???0?0?0???????0???0???0???0???0???0???0?????0?0???0???0???????0?????0?0???????0???????0???0???0???0???0???????0?????0?0?????0?0???0???0???0???0???0?0?0???????0?????0?0???????0???0???0???0???0???0?0?0???????0???0???0?0???0?0???????0???????0???0???0???????0???0???0???0???0???0???0?????0?0?????0?0???????0?????0?0???????0???????0???0???0???????0???0???0?????0?0???0???0???????0???0???0???0???0???0???0???????0???0???0???????0?????0?0?????0?0???????0???????0?????0?0???????0???0???0???0???0???0???0?????0?0?????0?0???????0???0???0???0???0???????0???0???0???????0???????0???0???0???????0???0???0???????0???0?0?0???????0?????0?0???????0???0???0???????0???????0???0???0?????0?0???0???0???0???0?????0?0???0???0???????0???0???0???????0???0???0?????0?0?????0?0???????0???0???0?0???0?0???????0???????0???????0???????0???0???0???0???0???????0???????0???0???0???????0???0???0???????0???????0???0???0???????0???0???0???????0???????0???????0???0???0???????0???0???0???0???0???????0???????0?????0?0???????0???????0???0???0???????0???????0???0???0???????0???????0?????0?0???0???0???????0?????0?0?????0?0???????0???0???0???0???0???????0???0???0???????0???????0???0???0???0???0???????0?????0?0???????0???????0???0???0???0?0?0???????0???0???0???0???0???0???0?????0?0???0???0???????0?????0?0???????0???????0???0???0???????0???????0???0???0???????0???????0???????0?0?????0???????0?????0?0???0?0?0???0???0???????0???0???0???????0?????0?0???????0???0???0?????0?0???????0???????0?????0?0???????0???????0???0???0???????0???0???0?????0?0???0???0???????0???????

We still had a long way to go (in fact, we only know the odd bits). However, if we assume that there's no control characters (which isn't always correct since the plaintext may have a newline), we have another insight from the plaintext.

The high nibble of every character can be categorized as such:

0000 control (NG)
0001 control (NG)
0010 symbols (OK)
0011 symbols (OK)
0100 letters (OK)
0101 letters (OK)
0110 letters (OK)
0111 letters (OK)

Because we only know the odd bits, that means when the 3rd bit is 0, then the 2nd bit must be 1 (since if it's not, we will get control characters which we don't want). This results in this alphabet:

' | 0???0?
v | ??0???
9 | ????0?
= | ????0?
x | 0???0?
w | ??0???
y | ????0?
G | ??????
3 | 0?????
a | ??0???
_ | ????0?
8 | ??0???
2 | 0?????
) | ??0???
| | ????0?
4 | 0?????
> | ??0???
h | ????0?
F | ??????
* | 0???0?
( | ??0???
D | ????0?
6 | 0?????
$ | 010???
q | ????0?
" | ????0?
` | ????0?
5 | 0???0?
r | 010???
& | ????0?
b | ??0???
d | ????0?
< | ????0?
+ | 0???0?
I | ????0?
K | ??????
} | ????0?
# | ????0?
t | ??0???
u | ????0?
? | ??0???
J | ??0???
A | ????0?
: | ??0???
{ | 0?????
c | ????0?
; | ??????
H | ????0?
E | ??????
C | ??????
@ | ??????
g | ????0?

which results in this plaintext:

0???0???0???????0?????0?0???0???0???????0???????0???????0???????0???0???0???????0???????0???0???0???????0???0???0?????0?0???????0???????0???????0???0???0???????0?????0?0?????010???????0?????0?0???????0???????0?????0?0???0???0???????0?????0?0???0?010???????0?????0?0???????0???????0???0???0???????0???????0?????0?0???0???0???????0???0???0???0???0???????0???????0???0???0???????0?????0?0???0???0???????0?????0?0???0???0???0???0?????0?0???0???0???????0???????0???0???0???????0???????0???0???0???????0?????0?0???????0???????0???????0???0???0???????0???0???0???0???0???????0???????0???0???0???????0?????0?0???0???0???0???0???0???0???0???0???????0?????0?0???????0???????0?????0?0???0???0???????0???????0???0???0???????0???????0???0???0???????0?????0?0???????0???????0?????0?0???????0???????0?????0?0???????0???????0???0???0???0???0???????0???0???0?????010???????0???0???0???0???0???????0???0???010???010???????0?????0?0???????0???????0???0???0???0?010???????0???0???0???0???0???0???0?????0?0???0???0???????0?????0?0???????0???????0???0???0???0???0???????0?????0?0?????010???0???0???0???0???0?010???????0?????0?0???????0???0???0???0???0???0?010???????0???0???010???010???????0???????0???0???0???????0???0???0???0???0???0???0?????0?0?????010???????0?????0?0???????0???????0???0???0???????0???0???0?????0?0???0???0???????0???0???0???0???0???0???0???????0???0???0???????0?????0?0?????010???????0???????0?????010???????0???0???0???0???0???0???0?????0?0?????010???????0???0???0???0???0???????0???0???0???????0???????0???0???0???????0???0???0???????0???0?010???????0?????0?0???????0???0???0???????0???????0???0???0?????0?0???0???0???0???0?????0?0???0???0???????0???0???0???????0???0???0?????0?0?????010???????0???0???010???010???????0???????0???????0???????0???0???0???0???0???????0???????0???0???0???????0???0???0???????0???????0???0???0???????0???0???0???????0???????0???????0???0???0???????0???0???0???0???0???????0???????0?????0?0???????0???????0???0???0???????0???????0???0???0???????0???????0?????0?0???0???0???????0?????0?0?????010???????0???0???0???0???0???????0???0???0???????0???????0???0???0???0???0???????0?????0?0???????0???????0???0???0???0?010???????0???0???0???0???0???0???0?????0?0???0???0???????0?????0?0???????0???????0???0???0???????0???????0???0???0???????0???????0???????010?????0???????0?????0?0???0?010???0???0???????0???0???0???????0?????0?0???????0???0???0?????0?0???????0???????0?????0?0???????0???????0???0???0???????0???0???0?????0?0???0???0???????0???????
I would continue the decryption but I want to have a night gaming session so I'll leave it here for now.

Here's some code

Orb Fish

Quote from: gilbert_given_TBG on Dec 29, 2023, 01:58:19 AMMy attempt to decode this message:
'v9=xwyG3a_82)|84>'94ahF*(yD6$qD2)"Dxvy`5rq_2v&84bq9*a&8*)yG5(d<xv`=xv+=+(IKxw}Gxv#94>DFxt<8*auFxv9=*)x8*ah`3?#D+)}Kxw}G5(d<4JqA3:q_2v&8*(=J{rq:5)"8$$q<3ac?5rq>+('DxvIA2a&85v9=6$5J+$q_2v'J+$c8$$q;*(c8+>'=3rq_2v&83('_*(H8*>'F+(u_2rqE6$q>+('_{rq:5)"82)"82?'K5rq<3a'K3:5_xv+=+(H84>'93rc8$$qC3>hbxw#@*)"83)<84a'F4a&83a*84a`=3vH82)|82(d_*(}_{rq:5)"82)"8+vh=4ac?5rq>+('DxvIA2a&82)"82)|Fr8Ay5r5Kxwu`2('_{:q&3ag84)'A+)"F-snip-
You're right about the Base64, but the encryption scheme isn't very complicated. There's an extra layer of encoding on top of the Base64 code; I suggest you find a way to decode that. It's simple enough that you can decode it using Cryptii.
I'm the person who accidentally knocked some people - along with myself - down a big rabbit hole that we call the Mineral Fish fandom.