News:

The moderation team is holding a poll on the topic of the site's connection to Scratch. More details can be found here. Your feedback is appreciated.

Main Menu

Fragmented Future - A Pokemon RP || Chapter 2

Started by Epicness123, Sep 10, 2023, 02:00:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Epicness123

That's right, we're doing this again. Buckle your seatbelts, everyone!

For centuries, humans and Pokemon have co-existed together in peace. However, this doesn't mean that some power-hungry humans haven't attempted to take advantage of them.

In the 20th century, researchers found a way to harness the power of Pokemon for themselves- with the use of special machines, they could extract the energy Pokemon use for moves and feed it into the elusive Crystal, which could then be transferred to humans, which would allow them to cast spells with their mind and bare hands alone. This process was inhumane, and often resulted in the captured Pokemon experiencing a slow painful death. A research facility was silently built in the small city of Pherin, due to it's geography of being surrounded by forests. This allowed them to capture members of the native Pokemon population while also remaining hidden.

Research went smoothly at first- researchers were able to harness the ever-growing power from the Crystal to convert Pokemon moves into spells.
As research went on, the scientists fed more and more power into the Crystal. One day, however, when one scientist attempted to harness the Crystal's power for experimentation, they were zapped by a bright blinding ray, and then immediately died. After investigation of what had happened, researchers were shocked to discover that the Crystal's power was so strong that it had rewritten parts of the researcher's DNA.
After this tragedy, the Crystal was deemed to dangerous to continue experimenting on, and the research facility was silently shut down. However, the Crystal had grown so powerful that it continued to generate energy independently, and could not be destroyed as researchers feared it would cause an explosion. Instead, a containment chamber was built around the Crystal, and it was sealed away in a hidden room in the facility.

The Crystal was contained within the site for 70 years, and no one knew of its presence. That was, until recently- when a band of thieves broke into the facility to steal from it, they came upon the crystal's containment chamber. After some back and forth arguing over who would get to take it home, one of the delinquents smashed the crystal out of anger. Nothing appeared to happen at first- however, unbeknownst to the thieves, and the entire town, the crystal's stored energy was now being released into the entire area surrounding Pherin.

Over the years, the Crystal's power increased exponentially. For it to suddenly shatter and release an unimaginable amount of energy into the atmosphere would be disastrous. What effects would this have on humans, or the local Pokemon population? Only time will tell.

-----------

Guidelines:
1a. As with the three previous incarnations of the CoPKMN saga, human characters will turn into Pokemon, this time as a result of coming into contact with the crystal's energy. How this process takes place is up to the player.
1b. Natural Pokemon characters may also be impacted by the crystal's energy, however how they react to it is up to the player.
1c. The Crystal's energy will eventually fade away, however this won't happen until a later point in the RP.
1e. No one knows the Crystal exists at first, not even the Pokemon who were experimented on
2. For humans, the roleplay will start in the town of Pherin. For Pokemon, the roleplay will start in the woods surrounding Pherin. The official name of the forest is Vex Woods, although whether or not your characters know this is up to you.
3. This roleplay takes place in a fictional town, and I'm depending on you guys to help me decide the names of new locations in the RP as we go along. Everyone is welcome to expand on the worldbuilding!
4. The roleplay takes place in October 2023
5. The crystal smashing won't happen right away- it will occur shortly after the RP starts

Note: RULES ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE!
Rules:
1. All rules of the TBGs apply. Make sure to follow the rules.
2. No godmodding. Your character(s) will not always be able to dodge attacks or always land hits. Play fair!
3. No bringing dead characters back to life.
4a. You may not have your characters transform into Legendary or Mythical Pokemon. You may be able to play as one later in the RP, but for now you can't.
4b. If the Pokemon your character(s) transform into has multiple evolutions, they must transform into their unevolved forms. They may evolve later in the RP. This rule does not apply to natural Pokemon
5a. All humans must transform into Pokemon eventually.
5b. When a character is transformed into a Pokemon, they do not have access to Pokemon moves right away. They learn them as time goes on.
5c. TRANSFORMATION IS PERMANENT. ONCE YOUR CHARACTER TRANSFORMS INTO A POKEMON, THERE'S NO GOING BACK!
6. For now, there may only be a maximum of 5 characters per player. This rule may be dropped later, but since the RP is at its start we'll stick to this limit.
7. This RP may be fast-paced. Things may happen while you are away. You have been warned.
8. Timezones may interfere with the roleplay. Try not to softlock (cause the RP to come to a standstill) other players.

======

~Signups~

Humans
Name:
Human appearance: (OPTIONAL)
Personality/Backstory:
Pokemon:
Pokemon appearance: (Ieave blank if appearance isn't different from the original Pokemon)
Strength/Flaws: (both are optional, but if you're going to include strengths, try to include a flaw as well!)
Other:

Pokemon
Name:
Personality/Backstory:
Pokemon:
Appearance: (Ieave blank if appearance isn't different from the original Pokemon)
Strength/Flaws: (both are optional, but if you're going to include a strengths, try to include a flaw as well!)
Other:

Have fun!!
This is the fourth incarnation of the CoPKMN saga.
au
tbger since 2013

Epicness123

Characters:
Blunderbus
Lisa, Petilil, F (she/her), 21*
Riellen, Rufflet, M (he/him), 17
Triton, Gastrodon, he/they, 33
Ferra, Aron, she/they, 11
-
Epicness123
Nathan, Espurr, M (he/him), 22
Quincy, Minun, M (he/him), 13
Terra, Tinkatuff, F (she/her), 28
Akira, Marshadow, any/all, Age Unknown
Trixie, Togetic, she/her, 10
-
Joyous Theta
Lillis, Alcremie, F (she/her), 22
Grimp, Grafaiai, he/they, Age Unknown
Hestia, Torkoal, F (she/her), 102
Edith, Ditto, any/all, Age Unknown
Bell, Roggenrola, they/them, 14
-
Shpore
Sophia, Galarian Corsola, F (she/her), 18
-
Prism
Aurora, Zorua, F (she/her), 15
Tempest, Altaria, they/them, ~30
Autumn, Shaymin, she/her, young
-
Seanbobe
Luke, Charmander, M (he/him), 21
Lizzie, Hatenna, F (she/her), 24
Lucky, Purrloin, they/them, 23
-
Starmeadows
Crest, Yamper, F (she/her), 21
Sol, Espeon, M (he/him), ~30
Noria, Breloom, she/they, ~24
Cooper, Sentret, he/him, 17
-
spicy meatball
Kiran, Pawniard, he/him, 24
Reece, Wooloo, he/they, 21
Azari, Sneasel, she/her, 22
Mory, Shuckle, they/them, 15

Graveyard:
No one is dead! Let's keep it that way, alright?

Theo, Snivy, F (she/her), 16 - DEAD - Murdered by Sol via blunt force trauma (Controlled by Prism prior to death)

Fate Unknown:
Character with the "fate unknown" status are just that: characters that are unknown to be alive or dead. Characters who appear in this list may be trapped in the Void World, or be stuck in some other state where they aren't dead but cannot be communicated with by any of the main cast. If a character in this list is found to be dead, they will be moved to the Graveyard.
Fishmael
Olive, Dunsparce, they/them, Age Unknown - Trapped in the Void World
Was sent to the void world by Akira

Inactive Characters
Characters that are no longer being used because their creators are inactive.
Rekekka
Balthazar, Meowth, they/them, 24
-
Tymewalk
Sen, Heliolisk, they/them, 20s
-
Luigis_Pizza
Luigi, Human (ghost), M (he/him), 24
-
Wolfslime123
Liaso, Eevee, M (he/him), 16
Ganna, Musharna, F (she/her), 25
-
Faressain
Daedalus, Human, M (he/him), 29
Cevilis, Luxio, F (she/her), 6 (adult)
-
MarthTheKing
Lucio, Luxray, he/him/they/them, 8
-
Incendiary
Athena, human, she/her, 27
-
au
tbger since 2013

Blunderbus

Name: Lisa
Pronouns: she/her/ I guess they as well since that's kinda just by default from my understanding but idk
Human appearance: Quite tall & thin. Long hair coming down a bit below her shoulders. Greyish-blue eyes. Typically wears a colourful t-shirt and shorts.
Personality/Backstory: A bubbly and outgoing sort, Lisa has a bit of a flair for the dramatic. She tends not to sweat the details of things too much, usually rolling with whatever happens instead of worrying about the specifics of things.
Lisa grew up in Pherin, going to a pretty middle-of-the-road school. She was part of the drama club, and enjoyed improv the most. Currently studying literature at the University of Pherin.
Pokemon: Petilil
Pokemon appearance: Flower as a Lilligant is blue
Strength/Flaws: Quite nimble, and very good at thinking on her feet. Somewhat prone to not taking things as seriously as she needs to.
Other: Definitely NOT just a DnD character I'm repurposing into this RP.
join Fragmented Future to RIDE A TRAIN! WOOOOOOO YEAH, TRAINS, BABY!

Fishmael

Name: Olive
Pronouns: they/them
Personality/Backstory: Olive is a laid back and optimistic kinda fella, believing that they go where the wind takes them.
Pokemon: DUNSPARCE!!!!
Appearance: Shiny, that thing is pimk.
Strength/Flaws: Resilient, unreliable.
Other:
ke a safe just fell on a ca
hived, but I'm happy to tr
ouns are they/she, pleas
ive on the misc forums, i

Epicness123

Quote from: Blunderbus-snip-
Quote from: Fishmael-snip
Accepted.

Name: Nathan
Pronouns: he/him
Human appearance: About 5ft 6in tall. Has light blue eyes and long, black hair. Usually wears either a blue or green t-shirt and jeans. Always wears a dark grey jacket, regardless of the weather. Always wears tennis shoes.
Personality/Backstory: A reserved, shy dude in his 20s, Nathan had a rough childhood, and was more than often bullied for being "weird". He dropped out of high school at 16 to work a full-time job. He is currently on the verge of losing his apartment.
Pokemon: Espurr
Pokemon appearance: Hair tufts is longer than that of a normal Espurr.
Strength/Flaws: Is very smart, but doubts himself a lot of the time.
Other: Has depression.

Name: Quincy
Pronouns: he/him
Human appearance: 5ft 2in tall. Has green eyes and short, blonde hair. Wears a blue polo with khaki shorts. Prefers to wear sandals.
Personality/Backstory: The youngest of three siblings, Quincy loves making friends and engaging in various extracurricular activities. Some find him annoying, but he doesn't care. He's quick to protect himself or his friends if he feels threatened.
Pokemon: Minun
Pokemon appearance:
Strength/Flaws: Very athletic, but also very hyper. He's an extrovert.
Other: has ADHD
au
tbger since 2013

Joyous Theta

Name: Lillis
Pronouns: she/her
Human appearance: 5 ft 3 in. Wears a dark red scarf and loves wearing dresses with pretty patterns on them.
Personality/Backstory: Works at small family-owned bakery in Pherin. Her great grandma was a researcher involved with the Crystal, though Lillis herself has no idea of this. She's generally lived in town all her life.
Pokemon: Milcery
Pokemon appearance: Still has her dark red scarf despite turning into a Pokemon, though may wind up having to drag it around due to no neck,
Strength/Flaws: Good at making baked goods and occasionally sewing. Very passionate about her work and doesn't often take no for an answer, to the point where other people can find her annoying. A bit egotistical but generally means well. May be stupid.
Other: i can't believe willis transitioned good for her.

I'll throw in some more characters in a bit.

Epicness123

Quote from: Joyous Theta on Sep 10, 2023, 03:12:07 PM-snip-
Accepted.

Name: Terra
Pokemon: Tinkatuff
Personality/Backstory: A Tinkatuff that lives in Vex Woods. She's somewhat friendly (to anyone who isn't from the Pawniard or Corviknight line) and lives in her own den hidden underneath a tree.
Appearance: Her hammer is made of copper instead of steel.
Strength/Flaws: Strong, but kind of dumb.
Other: Has some secrets that will be revealed later in the RP.

That's all my characters for now
au
tbger since 2013

Joyous Theta

Name: Grimp
Age: i have no idea what an appropriate age for a graffiti monkey generally is!!
Pronouns: he/they
Personality/Backstory: Mischievous and a bit of a loner, they often pay visit to the local town to vandalize the walls earning them a infamous reputation among the townsfolk.
Pokemon: Grafaiai
Appearance: ieave
Strength/Flaws: Generally hostile towards strangers and bad at making friends. Tends to be rather quick and evasive.
Other: Will be starting in town instead of the forest.

-

Name: Hestia
Personality/Backstory: Pretty much acts like how you'd expect a kindly old lady to act, although she might not like to talk about it she was one of the Pokemon taken for research at the facility giving her a general distrust of the town and humans that even lingers a bit to this day.
Pokemon: Torkoal
Appearance: ieave
Strength/Flaws: Sympathetic to the point where she tends to get a bit too worried about others.
Other: Even if she's a bit distrustful towards humans she's still aware there's a huge difference between the researchers of old and all other humans.

Shpore

Name: Sophia
Pronouns: she
Human appearance: 5'4, long-ish dark hair, has glasses and dresses in the most boring way imaginable
Personality/Backstory: A senior-year student at the local high school. Highly intelligent and gets good grades, but is also kind of anti-social and easily agitated. May or may not have autism.
Pokemon: Galarian Corsola
Pokemon appearance:
Strength/Flaws: As mentioned above, is highly intelligent, clever, analytical and a tactician. However, she's easily agitated, hates to lose and often thinks her strategies are better than others'. She is pretty physically frail as a human, and although Galarian Corsola has decent defenses, she still remains very weak and passive offensively as a Pokemon
Other: sneed

Faressain

Let's get fancy with this.

Humanity, to be taken away.
Name: Daedalus Wright
Human appearance:
* Height - 1.77m
* Caucasian skin, short, longer at the edges, brown hair, blue eyes. Beard same as the hair.
* Wears a plain white T-shirt, monochrome dot-patterned shirt, brown denim pants and blue-ish shoes with white base.
Personality/Backstory: Comes from the rich family, but isn't as spoiled as their siblings or parents by that. The misfortune of being the middle child of the family means that he had to work twice as hard in order to at least tie the ends together, after he was forced to move away from his house due to 'coming of age'. Doesn't believe money makes anyone happy, but he is an inventor's spirit - if there's anything spare remaining, he's likely to tinker with it, no matter how ordinary it is.
Pokemon: Gible
Pokemon appearance: Shiny. Keeps the eye colour of the human form.
Strength/Flaws: Good at improvising things, but bad at handling money. Fortuitous of all odds, but not so agile. They're calm, even if a person attempts to piss them off. Struggles not to stutter.
Other: His 'inventions' include a paper glider, a chimera between a broken PC and a console, which doesn't really work and a multi-pen (pens taped to each other). Yeah, he isn't rich enough to actually tinker on anything remotely better than household stuff.

Maybe she isn't returning exactly as she was, but in spirit, she will be the same.
Name: Cevilis
Personality/Backstory: Coming from the abandoned Shinx nest, adopted by a trio of starters (Piplup, Grovyle and Delphox), she quickly proved herself to be both a troublemaker and somehow loyal Pokemon. And a good hunter, even though her first was accidental. With a freak accident that had a Grovyle killed, and a raid that had the Piplup share the fate, Delphox had to make sure she could live away from the adoptive family. Talkative and friendly when the chance occurs.
Pokemon: Luxio
Appearance: Has a stick tied to her tail with a knot of dry grass. On it is a keepsake of the Grovyle - apparently an emerald gem.
Strength/Flaws: A great hunter that still lands herself in more troubles than necessary. Makes friends easily, but the same could be said about enemies. Strong and agile, but not really clever - has a lot of troubles understanding concepts foreign to her, such as human technology.
Other: Definitely not remade Talessa.
Priest units never get old. WOLOLO!

A fate can be changed, everything will change. A destiny is just a container that keeps the liquid in - in this case a person.
Raise your voice, and say it with Twilight Sparkle! I am a kitty cat and I'm steppin' on pillow, steppin' steppin' on pillow, steppin' steppin' on pillow.

Have a twili-meow! /On discord as Vardaril#1783

PhantomLuigi

Name:Luigi the Phantom
Pronouns: He/him
Human appearance: A ghostly form of Luigi, see my pfp(OPTIONAL)
Personality/Backstory: Died in a tragic Pizza restaraunt acident, but lives on as a solid form ghost
Pokemon: Eevee
Pokemon appearance: (Ieave blank if appearance isn't different from the original Pokemon) A greyscale colour schemed eevee
Strength/Flaws: (both are optional, but if you're going to include strengths, try to include a flaw as well!) Will be developed later
Other: I am grandma -Matt Rose
This Next Creation Seems Very Very Interesting... What Do You Two Think?
Status Message: Seeping into your dreams since January 13th 2024
Manipulating 3 peoples signatures now...
Call me Luigi or Matt/Matthew. I like JJBA. I released a game on gamejolt under Ernie_Games_Official. Made the 666666th post and I used to be the most active because I have no life...
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure is awesome
My discord is phantomluigi, please contact me if you want to chat im bored (or send me an email)

Epicness123

au
tbger since 2013

PhantomLuigi

Quote from: Luigis_Pizza on Sep 10, 2023, 11:20:23 PM-snip-
You can just call them Luigi, you don't have to include the "the phantom" part. Other than that, accepted.

"The Phantom" Was part of the name, but if you want it can just be "Luigi"
Call me Luigi or Matt/Matthew. I like JJBA. I released a game on gamejolt under Ernie_Games_Official. Made the 666666th post and I used to be the most active because I have no life...
My discord is phantomluigi, please contact me if you want to chat im bored (or send me an email)

Epicness123

Quote from: Luigis_Pizza on Sep 11, 2023, 09:12:53 AM
Quote from: Luigis_Pizza on Sep 10, 2023, 11:20:23 PM-snip-
You can just call them Luigi, you don't have to include the "the phantom" part. Other than that, accepted.

"The Phantom" Was part of the name, but if you want it can just be "Luigi"
That would be preferred
au
tbger since 2013

Epicness123

Screw it, let's start

====

The day is October 2nd, 2023.
The time is roughly 8:00 A.M.

====

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP
Nathan is startled awake by the sound of his alarm clock going off.
Ugh... another day of this crap.
He groggily gets out of bed and goes to get dressed.

-

Quincy, on the other hand, is already on his way to school.
au
tbger since 2013

Joyous Theta

Lillis wakes up for the day, deciding to wear a dress with a heart pattern near the bottom for today.

-

Right outside of Nathan's apartment, Grimp is busy at work vandalizing the walls with their saliva-paint.

PhantomLuigi

Luigi is already awake, he doesn't sleep anymore, he is tired, but it doesn't bother him...
Luigi decides to go out for breakfast at a cafe.
Luigi is talking in the third person

Blunderbus

Let's see, phone, wallet, laptop... check!
Lisa slung her computer bag over her shoulder, and strolled out of her room in the student dorms to head over to the university's library. She didn't actually have a tutorial until the afternoon, but she had some assignments to work on, and she could focus a little better in a study room. A little.

Epicness123

Nathan grabs his phone, wallet, and heads off to start his walk to work.
Shortly after exiting his apartment, he sees what appears to be a Grafaiai vandalizing the walls of the apartment.
"HEY! Git! Scram!" Nathan yells, running towards it in hopes of scaring it off.

==

Terra walks out of her den. Usually she's not up this early, but she was thirsty.
"Eugh... I feel stiff. I must've slept wrong." she said to herself.
au
tbger since 2013

Joyous Theta

Grimp, seeing the human running straight towards them and runs off, leaving their unfinished vandalization behind. Pah, just something else unfinished, they'd just have to start again somewhere else.

-

Lillis, after getting ready for the day, puts some of the morning bread in the oven.

"Morning," she says to her family.

-

"Oh, good morning... Terra!" Hestia says, slowly walking by before picking up a stick to put inside her shell, "What a... lovely day we're having today!"

PhantomLuigi

Epicness123

Nathan looks at the mess left behind by the Grafaiai. "Ugh... good thing it's not my job to clean up this mess."
And honestly, why should I care?? I'm getting kicked out soon, anyway.
He continues his walk to work.

-

Terra groans. "It certainly is a morning, can't say if it's a good one though. I'll judge the quality of the day later." She walks over to the nearest stream of water to get a drink.
au
tbger since 2013

Joyous Theta

Lillis moves over to the counter with intention of operating it for the time being...

-

"Mmm... yes... I suppose so..." Hestia picks up another stick and puts it in her shell.

Blunderbus

Lisa continued her walk to the library. On the way, she took a bit of a detour to grab a bite to eat for breakfast.

She headed over to a small family bakery that she frequented. It was pretty close to being on the way, and they made some damn good bread.

Might not be open yet, I'm a bit early today. Oh well, I can wait, she thought as she approached.

Fishmael

"They call me Olive Oil cause I'm always in the soil," Olive raps to themself, making a little divot in the dirt on the forest floor in which they can take a nap. "Turn myself into a loop, call that a re-coil..."
ke a safe just fell on a ca
hived, but I'm happy to tr
ouns are they/she, pleas
ive on the misc forums, i