News:

The moderation team is holding a poll on the topic of the site's connection to Scratch. More details can be found here. Your feedback is appreciated.

Main Menu

TBG Ping-Pong

Started by Tymewalk, Jan 28, 2022, 04:03:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tymewalk

You know how ping pong is a game where the ball has a tendency to go faster and faster? This is sort of like that.

You can join either Team A or Team B. Whoever serves the "ball" hits it first. Once the ball is hit by one team, the other team has to hit it back within a certain amount of time.

The time starts at 8 days, and is divided in half every hit. (I was going to do one week but the times don't line up, so you get a nice clean power of 2 instead.) So if the ball is served by Team A, Team B has one week to hit it, then Team A has 3 and a half days, etc, etc...

List of Times
- 8 days
- 4 days
- 2 days
- 1 day
- 12 hours
- 6 hours
- 3 hours
- 1 hour 30 minutes
- 45 minutes
- 22 minutes 30 seconds
- 11 minutes 15 seconds
etc...

If the other team doesn't hit the ball in time, your team scores a point! To score a point, the other team has to hit the ball at least once - just serving it and having the other team miss doesn't count.

Whichever team drops the ball serves next.

As an example: A serves (8 days), B hits (4 days), A hits (2 days), B misses (nobody on Team B posted within 2 days). A scores a point, B serves next.

Team A Members: red herring, Tymewalk
Team B Members: Byron_Inc_TBG
Team A Points: 0
Team B Points: 0

Whoever posts next serves, and the timer starts from that post.
Whosoever holds this banhammer, if he be worthy, shall possess the power of moderaThor...
he/him | Text Based Games Forums Discord Server | Just Dance 2014 | (つo.o)つ It's Kirby!
high tide jammin' salmon junction is PAIN

Byron_Inc_TBG

I join Team B and serves the ball.
bomb

red herring

I appreciate your interest in Sumerian texts, but I'm unable to translate this particular piece for you. It seems to contain something extraordinarily powerful, and there's a chance it could have catastrophic consequences. Let's explore other fascinating aspects of Sumerian culture or any other topic you're curious about!

Byron_Inc_TBG

Team B hits again.

Team A has 2 days to hit.
bomb

Tymewalk

I'll join Team A and hit the ball.

Team B has one day to hit.
Whosoever holds this banhammer, if he be worthy, shall possess the power of moderaThor...
he/him | Text Based Games Forums Discord Server | Just Dance 2014 | (つo.o)つ It's Kirby!
high tide jammin' salmon junction is PAIN

solitaire

join team b and hit back

team a has 12 hours to hit

PkmnQ

I join Team A

I hit it back

Team B has 6 hours
Quickly, I must save the Q's!
Project EAPIDTOTT2TTNO's current target: 4n topic
A cool kid quietly measures the distance in the banquet (5). :/ B)
On a journey to a new domain full of enrichment, With auras and curses for your entertainment, The concept of collectibles spent to unblock your path, Is stretched far to create an interesting aftermath. The ideas start simple at their most plain, Followed by golden power breaking constraints, Along with barriers to check you've cleared things out, Although double vision puts their power in doubt. Why raise up when you can instead replace, And why take just some when you can completely erase? Replacing with nothing may sound like obliteration, But there's a good reason for its differentiation. Special colors that melt, fortify, and wash, And blockages not even gold can squash, A loft rumored to be haunted by a certain curse, And a metal whose purity demonstrates its worth. You've just reached amounts less than none, One thing is clear: It has only just begun.
Tip: Use c͢ombining cha͊racters, because ye᷂s.
Quine list

Threads that I think should be played more: link chain Pre-posted Destruction
Scripts: The sky is the limit

solitaire

hit

team a has 3 hours

red herring

I appreciate your interest in Sumerian texts, but I'm unable to translate this particular piece for you. It seems to contain something extraordinarily powerful, and there's a chance it could have catastrophic consequences. Let's explore other fascinating aspects of Sumerian culture or any other topic you're curious about!

solitaire

hit

45 minutes for team a to hit

Byron_Inc_TBG

hit

45 minutes to group a
bomb

red herring

22.5 minutes to team b

Eventually we will run into the 60 seconds rule and so

Please somebody JOIN TEAM A, HELP US

solitaire

byron was ninjad
his post does not count
11 minutes 15 seconds to team a

red herring

AAAAAAAAAAAA 5.625 minutes to team B

solitaire

2.8125 minutes to team a

red herring

Fun fact, there's something called temporal resolution, how small do we subdivide before it makes no sense

Also why the heck am I the only team A, apparently it's a bad strategy to play this alone huh

Yeah I'm not counting that do it yourself 2.8125/2

solitaire

0.703125 minutes to team a

red herring

dvssf sfsfs GOD 60 second rule

I THINK WE LOST GODDAMNIT

solitaire

1 point for team b i think???

8 days to a

red herring

GSDGSFSDFSDFSDF WE LOST

red herring

Quote from: solitareWhichever team drops the ball serves next.

Wait, this doesn't count as me hitting the ball

Whichever team drops the ball serves next.
so... our turn?

redgreenandblue

I think so
I'm going to join A

Serving to Team B (8 days)

Orb Fish

I'll join team B.

*deflect* (4 days)
I'm the person who accidentally knocked some people - along with myself - down a big rabbit hole that we call the Mineral Fish fandom.

redgreenandblue

*pong*
B has 2 days to respond

Orb Fish

*decides to take a risk*

*ping* (1 day)
I'm the person who accidentally knocked some people - along with myself - down a big rabbit hole that we call the Mineral Fish fandom.