News:

The moderation team plans to make revisions to the community guidelines. Detailed information about the changes can be found here. Your feedback is appreciated.

Main Menu

Announcements.

Started by jji7skyline, Jan 25, 2013, 02:01:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jji7skyline

Check this topic for announcements. Latest announcements will always be the last post on this topic.

Times are logged in the official TBG Time.

Thank you :)
I see the world inside of one...
I see the world inside of two...
I see the world inside of me...
I see the world inside of you...                                 ~ Policy Concept

jji7skyline

29 January 2013

1. 360-International and mythbusteranimator are now members of the TBG Team as decided by the original survey on the original TBG forums.

2. A moderator election is open for nominations. You may nominate yourself, then the TBG Team will choose a limited number of candidates. Voting will start to choose up to 3 moderators.

3. If you would like your post count merged from the original TBG forums, please go to this topic.

4. All newly registering users are checked with the Scratch database to prevent spammers and impersonations.
I see the world inside of you...                                 ~ Policy Concept

jji7skyline

13 February 2013

1. The moderators shpeters, sportsdude and zoomreddin have won the first moderator election. They will be trained and soon receive their moderator status.

360-International

17 February 2013

1. The moderators-in-training listed above have received their proper training and have been instated as TBG Moderators.

2. Operation: Octoclean announced.

3. Have you been having non-responsive pages on this website lately? That would be due to our 99% uptime, a result of free hosting. Paid hosting is almost $5 per month, and therefore we have added adf.ly to all outgoing links. It may be annoying but it's for the overall good of the website, and eventually, we might have a near 100% uptime! If you would like to make a personal donation, feel free to visit out support page :)

shpeters

3 March 2013

Reminders:

Before making a topic, search for keywords of your game to ensure that yours is not a duplicate. While this is never 100% accurate, it is a safe method of checking for duplicate topics.

Please report any duplicate topics that you see. In this way, we can process those topics faster and often better.
Pretend something interesting is here.

360-International

12 March 2013

TBG Wiki Administrator and TBG Wiki Bureaucrat are now held offices.

TBG Wiki administration has access to the Staff / Restricted category, but is still bound by a 60-second post/e-mail flood interval.

360-International

12 March 2013

Registrations have come in with what we believe are false e-mail addresses.

- If you have no e-mail address, type in the following address: 1@intforums.com

- If you would not like to reveal your e-mail to other TBGers due to privacy reasons, go to Profile > Privacy > Set your privacy options and check "Hide your email address and disallow form email."

- If you would not like to reveal your e-mail to anyone due to privacy reasons (not recommended), type in the following address: 1@intforums.com

360-International

13 March 2013

At 10:00 AM tomorrow afternoon (GMT+10), a rebuild of the search index will take place. The rebuild will start with post #3, and two hundred and seventy (270) posts will be processed per cycle. We have no estimate for the time this will take, but affirm it will take under seven minutes.

The board will be put in maintenance mode during processing.

360-International

14 March 2013

Reminder: if you live in the United States (or use a corresponding time-zone on here), check "Daylight Savings Time is in effect" in localisation options, under Profile > Essentials.

360-International

14 March 2013

Welcome back! The search rebuild was successful.

360-International

17 March 2013

The search rebuild was so immensely successful, in fact, that they should be completed on a scheduled basis - preferably weekly. If weekly, the rebuilds will take place on Thursdays at 10:00 AM, due to timing needs.

Is weekly too often, too scarce, or just right? Give us feedback on our Questions and Suggestions topic.

Rules XXXIX and XL added. Read them here.

360-International

18 March 2013

Some lexical ambiguity may arise from the use of words "reset" and "restart". They have different definitions, and therefore impact scores differently; read the Wiki definition for both.

Rules XLI, XLII, XLIII, and XLIV added.

Zoomreddin

20 March 2013

Hello, we have had some confusion over the CAPTCHA system now implemented. I would like to clear things up, and show why we have it. Here is what would happen without it. As soon as we took it off, we literally were spammed with spam account creation for 10 minutes straight. (Imagine what could happen if no admins had been on at that moment). I promise that we did not implement the CAPTCHA system to annoy our users. I know, I hate CAPTCHAs too, but we have no choice if we don't want these forums to burn to the ground. I hope you understand this decision, and respect it.

360-International

21 March 2013

Yesterday, at 8:00 PM, our official time-zone will be switched to the following time-zone:

(UTC-08:00) Pacific

Daylight Saving Time will automatically be factored in at the first 2:00 AM on the following dates:

2nd Sunday of March: 1 hour ahead (to 3:00 AM)
1st Sunday of November: 1 hour behind (to 1:00 AM)

360-International

20 March 2013

The slider CAPTCHA has been removed from login pages. It does, however, remain present on registration pages.

360-International

23 March 2013

You may have recently noticed that mythbusteranimator, a TBG Team member, is banned. This is due to an outstanding warning on his part, not yet applied from months ago due to his pending status. He will be back in office this Tuesday, 25 March.

A rebuild of the search index will begin today at 2:00 PM. Estimated downtime is nine minutes.

360-International

23 March 2013

This search index rebuild was unsuccessful. The process was aborted due to unresponsive machinery and will be continued at a later date. Post 26375 was the last to be processed.

360-International

24 March 2013

All Multi-File Games in the TBG forum were moved to their proper places. Please do not knowingly post games in incorrect forums. Thank you.

Yesterday's rebuild has been finalised; the search index is now up-to-date.

360-International

26 March 2013

Occasionally, short spam breakouts may occur due to mysterious - and unauthorised - shutoffs of the CAPTCHA system. As far as is known, this is out of our control, causing partial or whole access for spam registration.

360-International

28 March 2013

This site is now part of the World Forums Union / Talkgroup. As of now, we link to Wiki station. An expansion is pending.

jji7skyline

28 March 2013

We now have an OFFICIAL Twitter account! If you have a Twitter account, please follow us (and out associates, if you can) and retweet our tweets if you find them interesting :)

@tbgforums

Tai-Guy

29 March 2013

Tai-Guy has now been instated as a TBG Moderator, after placing closely for fourth place in the sixth (most recent) TBG Moderator Election.
"The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine." - Abraham Lincoln

]
                                                                                                                                                            Earth and Moon, showing their sizes and distance to scale. The yellow bar represents a pulse of light traveling from Earth to Moon in 1.26 seconds.

360-International

30 March 2013

Sunday/Monday, at about 12:00 MM, the RPG forum will be closed temporarily. This is to establish a universal rule set and strengthen existing rules.

The TBG forum will expect a similar closure on Tuesday, at or around noon.

360-International

31 March 2013

The RPG forum will be closed now. Approximate downtime: 11 minutes.