Home About Play Contact Wiki Support Chat

We Play Cards (Status: preparing game) (Page 1) / RPG / Text Based Games Forums
Welcome to the TBG Forums!

You are not logged in.

Announcement

For the best site experience: please use the HTTPS versions of the forums. Your browser should display a padlock in the URL if successful.
You may click on "Forums Home" if you are not already on an HTTPS connection.

#1 2021-Jul-05  15:37:25

IncendiaryGaming
TBGer
Website

We Play Cards (Status: preparing game)

While searching through past games I found a couple card-based war simulators.
You can guess what I did with it.

We Play Cards
It's scuffed because it involves RNG

Each player has a hand of cards that they can play to gain an advantage, such as building walls, sending out troops or adding more income. To draw a new card, simply ask to draw at any time during a turn. Some cards cost cash to use and others are temporary. These four card groups include:

Attack:
Attack cards deploy units or launch certain weaponry at enemies. Each unit or weapon can only attack 1 target at a time, once per turn unless it specifies otherwise. Units include soldiers, tanks, turrets and other mobile machines.

Build:
Build cards construct stationary structures such as towers, barracks, housing and walls. This also includes building facilities necessary to deploy various types of cards, for example a firearms lab to allow soldiers to use firearms. Build cards also require land space, which isn't too hard to obtain, but can be an issue if not taken into account.

Special:
Special cards provide advantages to you, such as increasing your hand capacity, increasing income or a temporary attack boost. These cards usually cost nothing to deploy but some are temporary and may even take up 2 slots in your hand.

Wildcard:
Create a laser beam that destroys your enemy's defences, form a random crater, trick your enemy into thinking it's SCP-001 when day breaks or even end your game. Wildcards do weird and sometimes useless things for the purpose of keeping gameplay interesting. They can construct temporary but powerful weapons, cause unusual anomalies, surrender, possibly nothing at all. There's also the chance card. Nobody knows what it does.

How to play a turn:
Players play their turn in 3 stages: Build, Bonus, Attack.

The build stage is for using your build cards. Construct while you can and play all your build cards, or save some cards for later.
The bonus stage is for using special cards. These come after build cards, so you can't apply these bonuses to your build stage. This is also where cash is collected: consider your funds before you build, because you won't be paid until that wall is up.
The attack stage is where you can finally launch your fleet of goons armed with sticks. You can also play your Wildcard class cards, but only 1 per turn regardless of your maximum card deploys per turn stage.

Don't worry, you don't have to play all 3 stages. Playing a build and a bonus card without an attack card is okay. Mind you, attack cards already in play will continue to attack the assigned target unless you change them, which can be done once per turn.

Game rules:
- Default hand capacity is 5, maximum card draw and deploy per turn stage is 1. You can increase this with special cards.
- Base units cap is 10, this can be increased with (rare) special cards. Units can be called back to base and the card in play will be scrapped.
- Base building cap is 6, this can be increased with special cards. Max walls are dependant on building cap - if the building cap is 6, wall cap is 10. Think of it as a rectangle of 2x3, 2x4 etc and the edges are wall slots. Wall cap is displayed alongside building cap.
- Your cards will be given to you via Discord in private messages. Do not share this with others. If you do not have a Discord account, consider making and verifying it. If you are not at least 13 years of age, let me know, and I can arrange a PrivNote. Do not make a discord account if you are not of age! It is against TOS to make an account if you are under the age of 13.
- If you are unsure of something, let me know.
- Do not attempt to derail gameplay, argue, launch a literal nuclear attack, create a flame war or exploit other people or their cards, unless they made a legal move you can take advantage of (legally)

To signup, say you want to signup. You will be applied below.
There is a maximum of 5 people at a time. The waitlist is always an option. If you are added late in the game, you will be given a "passive play" opportunity and you can get up to speed with others. You cannot be attacked in passive mode, but you also cannot attack others. You can leave passive mode at any time after clearance is given.
Also, you cannot enter passive mode once you leave.

Players:

Realicraft (50/50HP)
\\/\/ (50/50HP)
Gilbert_given_tbg (50/50HP)
Cavernur (50/50HP)

Last edited by IncendiaryGaming (Yesterday  19:45:18)

This is IncendiaryGaming, I enjoy Gaming, sushi and RPing. There isn't much about me. *insert sounds here*
This signature was sponsored by Fortnite, Minecraft, Among Us, Call of Duty, you know what just about any good video game out there (based on my opinion).
Now leave my house or I yeet your cookies. cool
IncendiaryGaming3.png
My discord is Incendiary #1833 and my server is dead
Twitch is available at https://twitch.tv/incendiaryoce

#2 2021-Jul-10  01:32:43

IncendiaryGaming
TBGer
Website

Re: We Play Cards (Status: preparing game)

Bump

This is IncendiaryGaming, I enjoy Gaming, sushi and RPing. There isn't much about me. *insert sounds here*
This signature was sponsored by Fortnite, Minecraft, Among Us, Call of Duty, you know what just about any good video game out there (based on my opinion).
IncendiaryGaming3.png

#3 2021-Jul-12  18:21:52

IncendiaryGaming
TBGer
Website

IncendiaryGaming wrote:

Bump

IncendiaryGaming3.png

#4 2021-Jul-13  08:45:44

realicraft
TBGer
Website

join

so how's your day been
___                                               
videos | Fighting Simulator 3: Subtitle | Calendar | Universe Manager 2
16384 progress: ~56.03% @ 135d (0y 4m 13d) [10/19/2021] {9180/16384}
ProgBar02.pngProgBar00.pngProgBar00.pngProgBar00.pngProgBar00.pngProgBar18.pngProgBar29.pngProgBar01.pngProgBar01.pngProgBar01.pngProgBar01.pngProgBar05.pngProgBar07.png
ProgBar02.pngProgBar00.pngProgBar00.pngProgBar00.pngProgBar00.pngProgBar08.pngProgBar40.pngProgBar01.pngProgBar01.pngProgBar01.pngProgBar01.pngProgBar05.pngProgBar06.png
ProgBar03.pngProgBar01.pngProgBar01.pngProgBar01.pngProgBar01.pngProgBar51.pngProgBar29.pngProgBar01.pngProgBar01.pngProgBar01.pngProgBar01.pngProgBar49.png
47007.pngtongueneutralyikes

#5 2021-Jul-13  08:47:06

IncendiaryGaming
TBGer
Website

realicraft wrote:

join

Yes

IncendiaryGaming3.png

#6 2021-Jul-18  12:22:47

IncendiaryGaming
TBGer
Website

Bump

IncendiaryGaming3.png

#7 2021-Jul-21  16:26:51

IncendiaryGaming
TBGer
Website

Bump again

IncendiaryGaming3.png

#8 2021-Nov-18  08:04:51

IncendiaryGaming
TBGer
Website

Bumping because it's a good concept.

IncendiaryGaming3.png

#9 2021-Nov-23  15:31:28

IncendiaryGaming
TBGer
Website

B Ump

IncendiaryGaming3.png

#10 2021-Nov-26  01:46:26

\\/\/
TBGer

sure. join

Sleep is for the weak.

#11 2021-Nov-26  12:58:01

gilbert_given_TBG
TBGer
Website

complicated
join

#12 2021-Nov-26  23:38:43

IncendiaryGaming
TBGer
Website

gilbert_given_TBG wrote:

complicated
join

That's the idea.

IncendiaryGaming3.png

#13 2021-Nov-27  02:35:55

gilbert_given_TBG
TBGer
Website

oh boy

#14 2021-Nov-27  12:10:56

cavernur
TBGer

ok *joins*

hopefully i can get a magical artifact

#15 2021-Nov-27  23:08:32

IncendiaryGaming
TBGer
Website

cavernur wrote:

ok *joins*

Please provide your discord name + discriminator so I can send cards privately, unless you're under 13 in which case I can organise a privnote.

IncendiaryGaming3.png

#16 2021-Nov-28  19:55:14

IncendiaryGaming
TBGer
Website

There is still room for 1 more, still waiting for cavernur to either post their discord or tell me they can't use discord

IncendiaryGaming3.png

#17 Yesterday  01:48:04

cavernur
TBGer

discord: catsrule#2675

hopefully i can get a magical artifact

#18 Yesterday  19:36:30

IncendiaryGaming
TBGer
Website

Game is now in the final preparation phase. Card documentation is being set up and will be added soon. Once it is finished, players will be contacted with their card lists.

Update: documentation is up https://docs.google.com/document/d/1TLz … sp=sharing but players will receive cards tomorrow.

Last edited by IncendiaryGaming (Yesterday  20:26:48)

IncendiaryGaming3.png

Board footer