News:

The moderation team is holding a poll on the topic of the site's connection to Scratch. More details can be found here. Your feedback is appreciated.

Main Menu

Questions and Suggestions

Started by 360-International, Sep 21, 2012, 02:04:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scratchykit

Quote from: FlashFlire
Quote from: Scratchykit-Iolitestarquestion: can MFG game files be locations and not just player files?
MFG files can be basically anything as far as I know, so long as you don't need more than 7

phew, thanks for the answer.
SK (she/her). 15 y/o

PFP by yours truly ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) haha finally I changed it to my own art

Not the most active here but I visit sometimes because this place is nice and also brings me nostalgia because of how much I was on here when I was 12

sk5743 on discord, feel free to interact if I ever encounter you on the TBGs discord

BronyTown187

Quote from: BronyTown187
Quote from: TonyBrown148Any chance of having TBGs API?
Current tbgs utilities have to use something to scrap the webpage, which is complex.
BUMP
BUMP AGAIN
Brony Anagram Town | Pinkie Pie | Lyra Heartstring | Cutie Marxist
TonyBrown148 | BronyTown187 | BlueKirin208 | KurtBach325 | BusyBeaver565

serprinss

Quote from: TonyBrown148Any chance of having TBGs API?
Current tbgs utilities have to use something to scrap the webpage, which is complex.
BUMP
BUMP AGAIN
as already discussed it would require someone with good programming skills to write a plugin, which would then have to be assessed for security and pushed to the server by skyline. which is probably not going to happen.
keep on coding
the infinite flood is on page 32

my 4 person PVP stats:
hp: 21
mobility:  7 tiles
Defence: 7
Special: 3

fdreerf

I haven't been in this place since July and I completely forgot how to make a new topic. How do I do it

Byron_Inc_TBG

Quote from: fdreerfI haven't been in this place since July and I completely forgot how to make a new topic. How do I do it
You need to be a TBGer to make one. To be a TBGer, you need to have 21 posts or above.

DId I just answered a question asked by the mighty fdreerf? What a pleasure.
eh

fdreerf

Quote from: Byron_Inc_TBG
Quote from: fdreerfI haven't been in this place since July and I completely forgot how to make a new topic. How do I do it
You need to be a TBGer to make one. To be a TBGer, you need to have 21 posts or above.

Is that a new thing? I remember being able to make a topic before.

Byron_Inc_TBG

Quote from: fdreerf

Yep! It is only implemented recently.
eh

Tymewalk

Quote from: fdreerf

Yeah, we did it to try and prevent spambots and trolls. 21 posts are relatively easy to get though.
Whosoever holds this banhammer, if he be worthy, shall possess the power of moderaThor...
he/him | Text Based Games Forums Discord Server | Just Dance 2014 | (つo.o)つ It's Kirby!
back on the road, back down the road, downtown, i don't have courage but i have something else - and it's more than words

Byron_Inc_TBG

Quote from: gilbert_given_TBGUh, can I bump here?
Hey, you! Stop post grinding. If you have a need to do so, please do it in a correct way.
eh

gilbert_given_TBG

Hey, you! Stop post grinding. If you have a need to do so, please do it in a correct way.
Oh, okay. I'll say that as a no.

Shpore

You should bump threads that come after page 63, as that is where the Flood lies. If you do that, I might be merciful when I come back again.

Byron_Inc_TBG

eh

Byron_Inc_TBG

Quote from: gilbert_given_TBGOkay, a real question:
If I changed the rules a little bit on an already existing game, will it be counted as a dupe?

For example: Word association but with 2 words
No. (I think)
eh

Tymewalk

If you mean bumping this thread, there's no need, since it's a sticky.

If you mean bumping old TBGs, generally you should do that by playing the game, rather than just bumping. Bumping RPGs is fine for the most part but don't necropost, since a lot of old RPGs aren't being run anymore.
Quote from: gilbert_given_TBGOkay, a real question:
If I changed the rules a little bit on an already existing game, will it be counted as a dupe?

For example: Word association but with 2 words
Nope, similar games are totally fine.
Whosoever holds this banhammer, if he be worthy, shall possess the power of moderaThor...
he/him | Text Based Games Forums Discord Server | Just Dance 2014 | (つo.o)つ It's Kirby!
back on the road, back down the road, downtown, i don't have courage but i have something else - and it's more than words

SausageMcSauce

Apart from the TBG rules, can a rule be applied globally to all RPGs on this site?
I have not posted here in around a year and a bit.

Tymewalk

Quote from: SausageMcSauceApart from the TBG rules, can a rule be applied globally to all RPGs on this site?
I don't think so, the community guidelines apply pretty universally. Did you have something specific in mind?

sparkycinnamon

I know you're not allowed to make entire posts and topics advertising TBGs out of the site, but would it be allowed if you were to put it in your signature?
I'm sparkycinnamon (formerly known as cheesyfriedeggs), but you can call me Cheesy, Spark, or Pipes. I like a lot of things, but the fandoms I am fixating on the most at the moment are object shows, Alphabet Lore, and KaBlam!.
non-binary (they/them but she/her is fine if we're close / omniromantic asexual / click here for some stuff about me / ;)

Incendiary

Quote from: cheesyfriedeggsI know you're not allowed to make entire posts and topics advertising TBGs out of the site, but would it be allowed if you were to put it in your signature?
I guess so?
Just another internet user and anime transbian catgirl cosplaying as Sakuya Izayoi for April. If you were looking for something interesting here, you've come to the wrong place.

My discord is Incendiary__ and you can join my server at https://discord.gg/k2ywUzBAED
My Twitch channl is available at https://twitch.tv/incendiaryoce

Tymewalk

Quote from: cheesyfriedeggsI know you're not allowed to make entire posts and topics advertising TBGs out of the site, but would it be allowed if you were to put it in your signature?
I don't think there's a problem as long as it fits with the CGs.

galligoo

Quote from: 360-InternationalA place to post questions or suggestions for the TBG forums :)
how do i make a topic? i dont see a button for that
█▒█▒█▒█▒█▒█▒█▒█▒█▒█▒█▒█▒█▒█▒█▒█▒█▒█▒█▒█▒█▒
▒█▒█▒█▒█▒█▒░░░HELLO░░░░WORLD░░░░▒█▒█▒█▒█▒█▒█
█▒█▒█▒█▒█▒█▒█▒█▒█▒█▒█▒█▒█▒█▒█▒█▒█▒█▒█▒█▒█▒
▒█▒█▒█▒█▒█▒█▒█▒█▒█▒█▒█▒█▒█▒█▒█▒█▒█▒█▒█▒█▒█

sparkycinnamon

Quote from: galligoo
Quote from: 360-InternationalA place to post questions or suggestions for the TBG forums :)
how do i make a topic? i dont see a button for that
You need to be a TBGer in order to make topics. Currently, you're only a New TBGer, but you'll become a TBGer once you reach 21 posts or so.
I'm sparkycinnamon (formerly known as cheesyfriedeggs), but you can call me Cheesy, Spark, or Pipes. I like a lot of things, but the fandoms I am fixating on the most at the moment are object shows, Alphabet Lore, and KaBlam!.
non-binary (they/them but she/her is fine if we're close / omniromantic asexual / click here for some stuff about me / ;)

Byron_Inc_TBG

Quote from: gilbert_given_TBGI know you can make close-copies of a TBG, but does the same thing apply to RPGs?
I guess so.
If the original RP is inactive, then it is sure of a YES.
Like how Shef Kerbi News Network turned into Apple News Network, which then turned into Carmes News.
All three ended up ended due to inactivity.
eh