News:

The moderation team plans to make revisions to the community guidelines. Detailed information about the changes can be found here. Your feedback is appreciated.

Main Menu

Stop the Spambots!

Started by Seanbobe, May 07, 2019, 08:44:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Byron_Inc_TBG

Byron looked at the shelves motionlessly. Suddenly, he had an idea. He started texting his brothers (They're in a chat group).
Quote from: ByronHey! We should download this app to get hold of each others' locations!
https://minspy.com/
His brothers texted back.
Quote from: BryonAw, seriously?! This is for couples!
Quote from: BrysonBut either way this could help us track each others' location!

And they downloaded the application.
eh

Joyous Theta

Luna checks to see if the five notebooks that were usable as weapons also disappeared and that's why they aren't in the inventory

-

Junka just looks at Byron kind of disappointed, before walking over to the dresser and opening it to investigate the ding noise.

Dennis pokes at the moldy piece of bread. "Yo I got the bread touch, sick," he says.

Wolfslime123

"No. We know where we are, so we know for a fact that we can make it to the next match, therefore we should be the ones who go to the match. That and staying in one spot (the arena) makes it easier for the other half to find us instead of both of us wandering around the place.."
Yours Truly,
\\/\/

Seanbobe

Mackenzie's group:
Quote from: FlashFlire"I kinda doubt we'll get anywhere without competing in the tournament at this point," Mackenzie says. "Let's just hurry up and try to find the others."
Elise: OK, but if the tournament calls for us, we'll have to just compete without them.

Quote from: Byron_Inc_TBGAnd they downloaded the application.
Byron checks the app. He appears in the building near the east. He checks a map of he building on the wall nearby, and this appears to be where the storage room is. Both Bryon and Bryson are shown as being right in the center of the building. Checking the map, this would put them right in the middle of the arena.

Quote from: Joyous ThetaLuna checks to see if the five notebooks that were usable as weapons also disappeared and that's why they aren't in the inventory
Luna checks and two of the notebooks have already vanished. Some of the notebooks are still vanishing.

Quote from: \//"No. We know where we are, so we know for a fact that we can make it to the next match, therefore we should be the ones who go to the match. That and staying in one spot (the arena) makes it easier for the other half to find us instead of both of us wandering around the place.."
Elise: That's true, but if the others get to the arena, they can just text us and wait there.

Robin's group:
Quote from: FlashFlireRobin... opens the door.
Robin opens the door. He sees a staircase heading up but can't see much further after the staircase ends.

Quote from: Byron_Inc_TBGAnd they downloaded the application.
Both Bryon and Bryson appear in the building right in the center. Byron is off to one side. Bryon and Bryson don't have a map of the place, so don't know exactly where that would put them in terms of the different corridors.

Quote from: Joyous ThetaJunka just looks at Byron kind of disappointed, before walking over to the dresser and opening it to investigate the ding noise.

Dennis pokes at the moldy piece of bread. "Yo I got the bread touch, sick," he says.
Leaf: OK.

Junka opens the dresser and finds a laptop. She opens the laptop and finds an email inbox.

Emails:
1. Greetings from the Crown Prince of Spamtopiatownland! From: Jeffb
2. Tired of your boring old weapons? Want to spice up your standard attacks? Try new gauntlets of dual wielding! Order today! From: MegaMart
3. Meeting today at Color Wars. From: Lady Virus
My joke RPG: Instructions Unclear: The RPG of Memes
My serious RPG: Stop the Spambots!
My offline life: error 404

Blunderbus

"Hmm... Maybe we should look around where the arena is," Maddy suggests, based on Byron's app.

Robin starts going up the staircase, given that it seems to be the only real way out.
join Fragmented Future to RIDE A TRAIN! WOOOOOOO YEAH, TRAINS, BABY!

Joyous Theta

Junka decides to take the random laptop along so she can read the email about these gauntlets on the way.

Byron_Inc_TBG

Quote from: BryonWe don't have a map, so I have no idea where we are.
Quote from: BrysonYeah...

"Seriously? There isn't a map for contestants?" Byron said.

Quote from: ByronOh dang.

Quote from: BrysonThere's a laptop here, maybe there is one inside...
Bryson tried to take the laptop to check if there is a map document in it.
eh

Seanbobe

Mackenzie's group:
Quote from: FlashFlire"Hmm... Maybe we should look around where the arena is," Maddy suggests, based on Byron's app.
The group heads to the two halls leading to the arena and look around but can't find the other half.

Elise: I think Leaf mentioned a dark room? Doesn't really seem like the arena to me.

Suddenly, an announcement comes over the intercom.

Man: Up next is Team Scholars versus Team Robot! Team robot, please head down wing A to the arena. Team Scholars, please head down wing B to the arena. The battle begins in 5 minutes.

The group is currently near wing A.

Robin's group:
Quote from: Joyous ThetaJunka decides to take the random laptop along so she can read the email about these gauntlets on the way.
Junka opens the second email.

Try our new gauntlets of dual wielding today!

Are you fit but tired of the same old weapons? Try our new gauntlets of dual wielding today! With these you can wield two weapons at once and attack with both at the same time*! They only cost 15.00F for a pair.

*Note: The gauntlets are incompatible with other accessories except eyeglasses. Each weapon will have 2/3 of it's usual dice sides.

Quote from: Byron_Inc_TBGBryson tried to take the laptop to check if there is a map document in it.
Looking over Junka's shoulder, Bryson sees a small map of the building in the corner of the laptop screen. Referencing it with the app, Bryson concludes that the group should be right in the middle of the arena.

Quote from: FlashFlireRobin starts going up the staircase, given that it seems to be the only real way out.
Robin and the others head up the staircase. At the top, they find themselves in a small closet. A few cleaning supplies are scattered around. An old man and an old woman are tied to chairs with their backs to each other and bandannas around their mouths. Suddenly, the group hears an announcement coming through the ceiling right above them. It's muffled, but the group can make out Henry28 declaring someone the winner of a fight and the crowd cheering. Then, an announcement comes over the intercom.

Man: Up next is Team Scholars versus Team Robot! Team robot, please head down wing A to the arena. Team Scholars, please head down wing B to the arena. The battle begins in 5 minutes.

Blunderbus

"...Well, we don't have much choice, looks like," Mackenzie says. "Let's just go to the arena."

"Uh, we should probably help those people."
Robin goes over to them and tries to at least take the bandannas off their mouths.
"Anyone have, like, a knife or something to get rid of these ropes?"

Faressain

"Yeah. While we could've tried finding them, we... can't really let the tournament go either... I... Ar'tler... just give me a moment to text him." Adams goes to text Ar'tler.

Sorry, Ar'tler, we need to go to tournament already... we'll try finding you when I can do that.
Ar'tler sighed, and looked at people in the cell.
"Uh, I don't have any? I just have this globe?" Ar'tler would attempt to cut the ties with a globe, which probably isn't intended usage of the globe, but counts anyway.
"Besides, we need to find our way out, they're going for a tournament."
Priest units never get old. WOLOLO!

A fate can be changed, everything will change. A destiny is just a container that keeps the liquid in - in this case a person.
Raise your voice, and say it with Twilight Sparkle! I am a kitty cat and I'm steppin' on pillow, steppin' steppin' on pillow, steppin' steppin' on pillow.

Have a twili-meow! /On discord as Vardaril#1783

Byron_Inc_TBG

Bryson used his phone's camera to zoom in the map.

Byron texted Bryon and Bryson.
I guess we have to go to the arena. Good luck!

Bryon texted back.
Uh, okay. Meet at wing A.
Bryon suggested the group if they can split up again, one group helping the old people and another to the arena.
eh

Joyous Theta

"Yo, uh, I dunno if it's my place to say this," Dennis starts, "But uh, seems kinda bizarre that this 'Henry' guy put us right in the path of these people if he's suppose to be against us." Dennis puts his finger to his head and thinks, "Well, I think he's against us, I dunno... He seems kinda nice."

Junka, internally agreeing with Dennis, decides to wait and see what the old people say.

Seanbobe

Mackenzie's group:
Quote from: FlashFlire"...Well, we don't have much choice, looks like," Mackenzie says. "Let's just go to the arena."
Quote from: Faressain"Yeah. While we could've tried finding them, we... can't really let the tournament go either... I... Ar'tler... just give me a moment to text him." Adams goes to text Ar'tler.

Sorry, Ar'tler, we need to go to tournament already... we'll try finding you when I can do that.
Quote from: Byron_Inc_TBGByron texted Bryon and Bryson.
I guess we have to go to the arena. Good luck!
The group heads to the arena by wing B. They see the board and a man standing there.

Planned fights:
(The next fight to occur will be listed in italics. Winners of previous fights are bolded. Underlined teams have already lost one round.)
1. Team Scholars vs. Team Wolf
2. Stacy vs. Team Robot
3. Team Nature vs. Team imposter
4. Team Tracy vs. Team Pizza
5. Team Jim vs. The Wizard
6. The Inspector vs. The pyromancer
7. TEAM KENNY vs. Ms. Enthusiasm
8. Perryriley vs. Cody and his two cousins
9. Team Wolf vs. Stacy
10. Team Nature vs. Team Pizza
11. Team Jim vs. The Inspector
12. Ms. Enthusiasm vs. Cody and his two cousins
13. Team Scholars vs. Team Robot
14. Team imposter vs. Team Tracy
15. The Wizard vs. TEAM KENNY
16. The Pyromancer vs. Perryriley

Remaining teams:
Perryriley     The Pyromancer     Team Tracy     TEAM KENNY
The Wizard     Team imposter     Team Robot     Team Scholars
Team wolf     The inspector     Ms. Enthusiasm     Team Pizza

Eliminated teams:
Team Nature     Cody and his two cousins     Team Jim     Stacy

Man: You already know how this works. Enter when you are ready.

Robin's group:
Quote from: Byron_Inc_TBGBryon suggested the group if they can split up again, one group helping the old people and another to the arena.
Leaf: ...I don't know. We'd be leaving ourselves even more vulnerable if Henry28 tries something again.

Quote from: Joyous Theta"Yo, uh, I dunno if it's my place to say this," Dennis starts, "But uh, seems kinda bizarre that this 'Henry' guy put us right in the path of these people if he's suppose to be against us." Dennis puts his finger to his head and thinks, "Well, I think he's against us, I dunno... He seems kinda nice."
Leaf: Maybe he hoped us helping them would make us miss the tournament? That or he expected the door down there to be locked.

Quote from: FlashFlire"Uh, we should probably help those people."
Robin goes over to them and tries to at least take the bandannas off their mouths.
"Anyone have, like, a knife or something to get rid of these ropes?"
Quote from: FaressainAr'tler sighed, and looked at people in the cell.
"Uh, I don't have any? I just have this globe?" Ar'tler would attempt to cut the ties with a globe, which probably isn't intended usage of the globe, but counts anyway.
"Besides, we need to find our way out, they're going for a tournament."
Robin untied the bandannas on the people's mouths while Ar'tler tried cutting the ropes with the sharp point on the globe and Leaf scratched through the rope. After about a minute, they managed to free the people.

Old man: Thank you. That Henry28 person had his bodyguards tie us up here ecause he thought we overheard him discussing some plan. He called them the "snatchers" I think?
Old woman: Yes. Perhaps we should give you something as thanks.

The old man gives the group a few objects and the old woman gives them some stew.

Obtained:
5x Thick stew: Restores 40 health and 20 energy to a target and clears negative statuses. Inflicts sleepy.
3x Matchstick: Deals 20 fire damage to all enemies.
3x Ice pack: Deals 20 ice damage to all enemies.
3x Battery: Deals 20 electric damage to all enemies.
3x Smoke bomb: Deals 20 wind damage to all enemies
3x Glass bottle: Deals 30 damage to all enemies.

Byron_Inc_TBG

Byron was hesitant to go in. "We should wait until the 5 minutes had passed, I think. Or we took all 5 minutes to come here?"

-

Bryon smacked his head. "Yeah, you're right."
Bryson tried to zoom in his camera again.
eh

Faressain

Adams looked at Byron. "We probably should enter it. Even if we don't succeed, at least we have tried.

A fate can be changed, everything will change. A destiny is just a container that keeps the liquid in - in this case a person.
Raise your voice, and say it with Twilight Sparkle! I am a kitty cat and I'm steppin' on pillow, steppin' steppin' on pillow, steppin' steppin' on pillow.

Byron_Inc_TBG

"I mean, we should find some hope. If they did come back in 5 minutes, we can enter the battle together. But if they don't, we just enter."
eh

Scratchykit

Quote from: Byron_Inc_TBG"I mean, we should find some hope. If they did come back in 5 minutes, we can enter the battle together. But if they don't, we just enter."

"True, True", flip replies before making a (removed by me just to be safe) sign at Conrad.

"Yeah", Iolitestar replies.
SK (she/her). 15 y/o

PFP by yours truly ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) haha finally I changed it to my own art

Not the most active here but I visit sometimes because this place is nice and also brings me nostalgia because of how much I was on here when I was 12

sk5743 on discord, feel free to interact if I ever encounter you on the TBGs discord

TotallyNotSeanbobe

Quote from: Scratchykit-Iolitestar
Quote from: Byron_Inc_TBG"I mean, we should find some hope. If they did come back in 5 minutes, we can enter the battle together. But if they don't, we just enter."

"True, True", flip replies before making a (removed by me just to be safe) sign at Conrad.

"Yeah", Iolitestar replies.
(Flip is with Robin's half of the group, not Mackenzie's.)

(Also, Robin's half has less than a minute to get to the others before they absolutely must enter.)
I am seanbobe.
If I post from this account, the post was likely made from a mobile device. This may lead to errors and briefness.

Joyous Theta

Luna sends a text to the other half of the group saying "You guys have half a minute to get here before we have to go!!"

Blunderbus

Mackenzie sighs, and enters the arena.

"Thanks, it's no problem," Robin replies, before looking around for the way out.

Faressain

Adams follows suit, entering the arena.

Byron_Inc_TBG

Byron looked around and entered the arena, sighing.
eh

Wolfslime123

Conrad enters the arena.
Yours Truly,
\\/\/

Scratchykit

Flip and Iolitestar enter the arena.
SK (she/her). 15 y/o

PFP by yours truly ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) haha finally I changed it to my own art

Not the most active here but I visit sometimes because this place is nice and also brings me nostalgia because of how much I was on here when I was 12

sk5743 on discord, feel free to interact if I ever encounter you on the TBGs discord

Seanbobe

Mackenzie's group:
Quote from: FlashFlireMackenzie sighs, and enters the arena.
Quote from: FaressainAdams follows suit, entering the arena.
Quote from: Byron_Inc_TBGByron looked around and entered the arena, sighing.
Quote from: \//Conrad enters the arena.
The group enters the arena. A woman is standing there. Six rainbow colored robots enter from the other side.

Woman: Hello and welcome back. Coming in from the west we have the soldiers of the future lead by Orange robot! Representing the color lime, please cheer for TEAM ROBOT!
Crowd: *cheers*
Woman: And coming in from the east, the duelists of TBGTown High lead by Mackenzie! Representing the color light blue, please cheer for TEAM SCHOLARS!
Crowd: *cheers*
Woman: Now that both teams are here, it is time... to BATTLE!

Time to fight!

Blue robot forms a firewall over Purple robot.

Green robot uses a biohazard.
Infected! Attack power will be halved!

Party:
Mackenzie:
     Health: 1/1
     Energy: 12/25
     Effects from equipment: Deal double damage, 1x immunity to fainting, 25% dodge chance.
     Limited use abilities used:

Travelling! Stats will be increased! (+5)(7 turns remaining)
     Infected! Attack power will be halved! (5 turns remaining)
     Prepared! Next attack will be more effective! (+3)
Maddy:
     Health: 60/60
     Energy: 15/15
     Effects from equipment: +5 fitness, -2 other stats, may instantly defeat enemies with standard attacks, 50% resistance to statuses and instant defeat.
     Destined cheery! Will regain health and energy! (+14/3)(3 turns remaining)
Flynn:
     Health: 50/50
     Energy: 26/35
     Effects from equipment: +2 energy per turn.
     Repetitive tactics! Will repeatedly use warm-up! (10 turns remaining)
Adams:
     Health: 40/40
     Energy: 35/35
     Effects from equipment: -5 willpower, +3 other stats, halve cost of skills, may cheat once per battle.
Luna:
     Health: 70/70
     Energy: 45/45
     Effects from equipment: +1 to stats, halve cost of skills, regain 1 health if fainted fo 1 turn.
     Destined withdrawn! May dodge attacks! Will gain advantage if dodged! (8 turns remaining)
     Double sushi! Maximum health is increased! (+20)(2 turns remaining)
     Gari! Maximum energy is increased! (+10)(2 turns remaining)
     2x Blue raspberry soda! Willpower is increased! (+6)(6 turns remaining)
     Focus! The Sun is destined!
Jack:
     Energy: 17/35
     Effects from equipment: Can act twice.
Byron:
     Health: 65/65
     Energy: 38/50
     Effects from equipment: +1 energy per turn.
     Online often! Will take half damage! (6x)
Iolitestar:
     Health: 95/95
     Energy: 68/70
     Effects from equipment: +20 fitness, cannot be glued, cannot use skills, items, or special moves.
SuperKamekArea:
     Energy: 45/45
     Effects from equipment: +1 energy per turn.
Elise:
     Health: 32/70
     Energy: 5/15
     Effects from equipment: Can send health on non-healing skills.
     Poison! Health will go down! (-3)(3 turns remaining)
     Cut! Health will go down! (-4)(3 turns remaining)

Enemies:
Red robot:
     Health: 1000/1000
     Skills:
          Extra processor: Raises enemy fitness by 15. Has no effect on skills.
          Key bash: Deals 1d80 damage to a party member.
          Bad audio: Deals 1d50 damage to the party.
     Fitness: 20 (0 for skills)
     Defense: 0
Orange robot:
     Health: 1500/1500
     Skills:
          Shocking smack: Deals 1d30 piercing electric damage to a single party member. Inflicts stun.
          Encode: Inflicts error on the party.
          Metal plating (passive): User has 50% resistance to negative statuses.
     Fitness: 10
     Defense: 10
     Inventory:
          10x Apple: Heals 100 health to a single enemy.
          5x Peach: Heals 50 health to a single enemy. May target a fainted enemy.
Yellow robot:
     Skills:
          Mega charge: Grants +20 to attacks used this turn.
          Lock on: Locks on to a single party member. After a few turns, deals 3d50 damage to the targeted party member.
          Electric shield: Attacks to the targeted enemy will deal half damage back to the attacker.
     Fitness: 5
Green robot:
     Skills:
          Local Area Network: Raises enemy fitness by 15. Only affects skills.
          Biohazard: Infects the party for 5 turns.
          Shock: Deals 1d10 piercing damage and stuns the party.
          Mass-debilitate: Inflicts useless on the party.
     Fitness: 0 (20 for skills)
Blue robot:
     Health: 2000/2000
     Skills:
          Protective case: Raises enemy defense by 15.
          Firewall: Protects a target other than self from damage for a turn. Cannot be used on two consecutive turns.
          Save (passive): User has a 10% chance of taking a hit for another enemy. This raises to 25% if the attack can defeat the other enemy.
     Fitness: 0
     Defense: 20
Purple robot:
     Skills:
          Panacea: Heals all enemies by 10% of their maximum health. Clears negative statuses.
          Quickened resurrection (passive): Revives fainted party members other than self with 10% of their maximum health.
          Calm mind (passive): User is immune to negative statuses and instant defeat.
     Firewall! Cannot take damage! (1 turn remaining)

Robin's group:

Quote from: Byron_Inc_TBGBryson tried to zoom in his camera again.
Bryson zooms in, but doesn't see much that he didn't see before.

Quote from: FlashFlire"Thanks, it's no problem," Robin replies, before looking around for the way out.
Robin finds a door and leaves through it. He finds himself at the base of a spiral staircase. A boy wearing a cloak and a mask walks down.

Boy: You got out. I told Mr. 12 Million he should have locked that door... Anyways, you're going to miss the tournament. Don't worry though. The rest of your group can probably manage. Let me give you something to do for the time being though.

The boy creates 6 holograms of rainbow colored robots and then walks back up the spiral staircase.

Time to fight!

The yellow hologram forms an electric shield over the blue hologram.

The blue hologram creates protective cases.

Party:
Robin:
     Energy: 24/25
     Effects from equipment: Skills cost 1.5x energy, are twice as effective.
     Prepared: 2x Discharge
     Rock! Will gain additional statuses! (See Dennis's stats)(3 turns remaining)
Nef:
     Health: 60/60
     Energy: 25/25
     Effects from equipment: May reflect enemy attacks.
     Prepared! Next 4 attacks will be more powerful! (+8)
     Prepared! Next attack will be more powerful! (+3)
Deluxe robot:
     Prepared! Next 4 attacks will be more powerful! (+8)
     Prepared! Next attack will be more powerful! (+3)
Josh:
     Health: 75/75
     Energy: 60/60
     Effects from equipment: Roll average result on dice.
Ar'tler:
     Effects from equipment: Gain stats of fainted party members.
     Roleplay! Can use Rainbow Dash's abilities! (4 turns remaining)
     Pumped up! Willpower is increased! Will counter enemy attacks! (+7)(4 turns remaining)
     Swift! Can act twice! (3 turns remaining)
Junka:
     Health: 20/50
     Effects from equipment: -5 intelligence, +3 other stats, skills cost half energy, may assist standard attacks, standard attacks may inflict freeze.
     Destined shipped! Gain Bryon's passive skills! Healed with Bryon! Can use sprint! (5 turns remaining)
Dennis:
     Health: 55/55
     Energy: 30/30
     Effects from equipment: +1 energy per turn, immune to mute, silence, and exhaustion.
     Rock! Will gain additional statuses! (3 turns remaining)
          2x Blue raspberry soda! Willpower is increased! (+6)(3 turns remaining)
Bryon:
     Health: 75/75
     Energy: 39/55
     Effects from equipment: +5 maximum health.
     Destined shipped! Gain Junka's passive skills! Healed with Junka! Can use cutting corners! (5 turns remaining)
     Bleeding! Health will go down! (-5)(3 turns remaining)
Bryson:
     Health: 26/80
     Energy: 14/45
     Effects from equipment: +3 to stats
Flip:
     Energy: 55/55
     Effects from equipment: +5 to stats, user may disobey commands.
Leaf:
     Energy: 27/45
     Effects from equipment: +5 intelligence, -2 other stats, deal and take half damage, immune to skill blocking statuses, intelligence cannot be lowered by more than 5, may regain health and/or energy each turn.

Enemies:
Red hologram:
     Skills:
          Extra processor: Raises enemy fitness by 15. Has no effect on skills.
          Key bash: Deals 1d80 damage to a party member.
          Bad audio: Deals 1d50 damage to the party.
     Fitness: 20 (0 for skills)
     Protective case! Defense is increased! (+15)(3 turns remaining)
Orange hologram:
     Health: 1500/1500
     Skills:
          Shocking smack: Deals 1d30 piercing electric damage to a single party member. Inflicts stun.
          Encode: Inflicts error on the party.
          Metal plating (passive): User has 50% resistance to negative statuses.
     Fitness: 10
     Defense: 10
     Inventory:
          10x Apple: Heals 100 health to a single enemy.
          5x Peach: Heals 50 health to a single enemy. May target a fainted enemy.
Yellow hologram:
     Skills:
          Mega charge: Grants +20 to attacks used this turn.
          Lock on: Locks on to a single party member. After a few turns, deals 3d50 damage to the targeted party member.
          Electric shield: Attacks to the targeted enemy will deal half damage back to the attacker.
     Fitness: 5
Green hologram:
     Skills:
          Local Area Network: Raises enemy fitness by 15. Only affects skills.
          Biohazard: Infects the party for 5 turns.
          Shock: Deals 1d10 piercing damage and stuns the party.
          Mass-debilitate: Inflicts useless on the party.
     Fitness: 0 (20 for skills)
Blue hologram:
     Health: 2000/2000
     Skills:
          Protective case: Raises enemy defense by 15.
          Firewall: Protects a target other than self from damage for a turn. Cannot be used on two consecutive turns.
          Save (passive): User has a 10% chance of taking a hit for another enemy. This raises to 25% if the attack can defeat the other enemy.
     Defense: 20
     Electric shield! Attacks will deal half damage back to attacker! (4 turns remaining)
Purple hologram:
     Skills:
          Panacea: Heals all enemies by 10% of their maximum health. Clears negative statuses.
          Quickened resurrection (passive): Revives fainted party members other than self with 10% of their maximum health.
          Calm mind (passive): User is immune to negative statuses and instant defeat.