News:

The moderation team is holding a poll on the topic of the site's connection to Scratch. More details can be found here. Your feedback is appreciated.

Main Menu

The Thread Necromancy Game

Started by SuperJedi224, May 28, 2015, 05:04:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wolfslime123

Yours Truly,
\\/\/

Flowermanvista

good morning, SMF!

Fun Fact: Exposure to excessive blue light at night can harm sleep, because blue light tells your brain that it's daytime. To avoid this, I HIGHLY recommend a little program called f.lux. It makes your display warmer at night when the sun sets, reducing blue light exposure at night. Click here to get f.lux. Apparently a small study from Brigham Young University is casting doubt on this old belief, I'll have to keep an eye on this and see if it's reproduced by a larger study/studies. I'll still probably use f.lux even if it is just a placebo because looking at a bright blue screen in a room lit with a warm-white light is kinda obnoxious.

SausageMcSauce

post even though its been less than a day since the last post
I have not posted here in around a year and a bit.

Tymewalk

Just gonna claim these last few days and add them to my score ;)
Whosoever holds this banhammer, if he be worthy, shall possess the power of moderaThor...
he/him | Text Based Games Forums Discord Server | Just Dance 2014 | (つo.o)つ It's Kirby!
back on the road, back down the road, downtown, i don't have courage but i have something else - and it's more than words

Flowermanvista

the king refuses to be stopped
good morning, SMF!

Fun Fact: Exposure to excessive blue light at night can harm sleep, because blue light tells your brain that it's daytime. To avoid this, I HIGHLY recommend a little program called f.lux. It makes your display warmer at night when the sun sets, reducing blue light exposure at night. Click here to get f.lux. Apparently a small study from Brigham Young University is casting doubt on this old belief, I'll have to keep an eye on this and see if it's reproduced by a larger study/studies. I'll still probably use f.lux even if it is just a placebo because looking at a bright blue screen in a room lit with a warm-white light is kinda obnoxious.

Wolfslime123

There's really no logical adantage for getting more points at once really. Technically, the meta should just be trying to post more than everyone else.
Yours Truly,
\\/\/

Maew Nryang

*See XKCD 1688.
Hi. My name is Maew Nryang. Please call me "Maew", not "Nryang".
NEW GAME: https://tbgforums.com/forums/index.php?topic=6658.0

Wolfslime123

Yours Truly,
\\/\/

Flowermanvista

good morning, SMF!

Tymewalk

Quote from: \//There's really no logical adantage for getting more points at once really. Technically, the meta should just be trying to post more than everyone else.
Wouldn't the meta be trying to make sure the thread gets ignored so it falls off of the first page, thus making it easier for you to post and claim the score nobody else has? If I posted frequently, this thread would constantly be at the top, meaning everyone would see it and thus post on it, taking parts of the score away from me. But if it falls off of the first page, then less people will notice it, making it easier for me to claim more time and therefore more points.

For example, this post gives me roughly eleven days, but that's eleven days nobody else can have now. If everyone posted all the time, then I'd be missing large chunks of time from those eleven days - maybe a few hours here and there, but it adds up in the long run.
Whosoever holds this banhammer, if he be worthy, shall possess the power of moderaThor...
he/him | Text Based Games Forums Discord Server | Just Dance 2014 | (つo.o)つ It's Kirby!
back on the road, back down the road, downtown, i don't have courage but i have something else - and it's more than words

Wolfslime123

Quote from: Tymewalk
Quote from: \\/\/-sniped-
Wouldn't the meta be trying to make sure the thread gets ignored so it falls off of the first page, thus making it easier for you to post and claim the score nobody else has? If I posted frequently, this thread would constantly be at the top, meaning everyone would see it and thus post on it, taking parts of the score away from me. But if it falls off of the first page, then less people will notice it, making it easier for me to claim more time and therefore more points.

For example, this post gives me roughly eleven days, but that's eleven days nobody else can have now. If everyone posted all the time, then I'd be missing large chunks of time from those eleven days - maybe a few hours here and there, but it adds up in the long run.
Hmm... differing levels of risk and reward I suppose.
Yours Truly,
\\/\/

Flowermanvista

Quote from: TymewalkFor example, this post gives me roughly seven days, but that's seven days nobody else can have now. If everyone posted all the time, then I'd be missing large chunks of time from those seven days - maybe a few hours here and there, but it adds up in the long run.
FTFY - check the OP
good morning, SMF!

Wolfslime123

Yours Truly,
\\/\/

Tymewalk

Quote from: Flowermanvista
Quote from: TymewalkFor example, this post gives me roughly seven days, but that's seven days nobody else can have now. If everyone posted all the time, then I'd be missing large chunks of time from those seven days - maybe a few hours here and there, but it adds up in the long run.
FTFY - check the OP
Ah my bad. That does kind of change the strategy though since you can either steal a little bit of time or wait for a week to get the most, but also run the risk of having everyone else post too

Seanbobe

My joke RPG: Instructions Unclear: The RPG of Memes
My serious RPG: Stop the Spambots!
My offline life: error 404

Wolfslime123

Yours Truly,
\\/\/

Wolfslime123

Yours Truly,
\\/\/

Flowermanvista

Quote from: SuperJedi224Rules:

-No double posting
good morning, SMF!

NotAJumbleOfNumbers

j u m b l e !

Currently listening to: Lemaitre - 1:18

Prince

Byron_Inc_TBG

eh

Blunderbus

Edit: Thanks for the points kind strangers
join Fragmented Future to RIDE A TRAIN! WOOOOOOO YEAH, TRAINS, BABY!

Byron_Inc_TBG

eh

Prince