News:

The moderation team is holding a poll on the topic of the site's connection to Scratch. More details can be found here. Your feedback is appreciated.

Main Menu

Translate the word!

Started by Siverko, Jan 12, 2016, 11:55:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maew Nryang

*See XKCD 1688.
Hi. My name is Maew Nryang. Please call me "Maew", not "Nryang".
NEW GAME: https://tbgforums.com/forums/index.php?topic=6658.0

Byron_Inc_TBG

Orang jahat berkumpul di satu tempat (Malay)

Memartabatkan
eh

red herring

(oh well, i'm native Indonesian so this shouldn't be to hard, wait
uh
what does mem- do here?)
To dignify

Selamat malam hadirin sekalian, selamat berpisah dan sampai bertemu lagi dilain waktu
(if you know where this is from, good)
dashing through the snow
in a One Gun Open Sleigh
this is a haiku

Byron_Inc_TBG

各位来宾,晚上好,再见,直到我们在其他时间相遇。

旮旯

I happens to know what is in the above post. It's the same thing in my national language, which is Malay.
eh

red herring

Nook-and-cranny

十面埋伏
dashing through the snow
in a One Gun Open Sleigh
this is a haiku

Byron_Inc_TBG

Ten sides of traps. It means that you are in grave danger.

Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious.

And also, red herring, that's not how you play. Your translation should be in the language that you give the question. And also, it isn't the right translation.
The correct translation is "corner". You know, that one in the edge of your house?
eh

red herring

Sorry, haven't played this in a long time
I've always been thought that it means a nook, so that's probably where I got that -cranny part from
supercalifragilisticexpialigetisch

vollbracht
dashing through the snow
in a One Gun Open Sleigh
this is a haiku

SausageMcSauce

I have not posted here in around a year and a bit.

Byron_Inc_TBG

假设

龙行龘龘

I bet native Chinese speakers have trouble answering this.
eh

red herring

Naga terbang

Membuat bahasa bukanlah sesuatu yang mudah, tetapi membuat bahasa adalah suatu kegiatan yang menyenangkan. Kegiatan ini membuka anda ke dunia linguistik dan menulis.
dashing through the snow
in a One Gun Open Sleigh
this is a haiku

Byron_Inc_TBG

Making a language isn't something simple, but making a language is an activity that will make things simple. This activity will bring you to the world of language and writing.

The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy brown dog.
eh

PkmnQ

La rapida bruna vulpo transsaltas la maldiligentan hundon

james while john had had had had had had had had had had had a better effect on the teacher
This was a thing I tried to do, but insert mess of a sentence here. Also, I'm a vowelless neither transparent nor translucent mammal of the genus Neogale, I guess. :/ B)
The future experience must be anticipated beforehand to ensure proper expectations.
Tip: Use c͢ombining cha͊racters, because ye᷂s.
Quine list

Threads that I think should be played more (found in the Infinite Flood): link chain

Byron_Inc_TBG

James sementara John ada ada ada ada ada ada ada ada ada ada kesan yang lebih baik daripada gurunya.

Saya suka minum sup cendawan.
eh

Tymewalk

I like to drink mushroom soup.

I'll have two number nines, a number nine large, a number six with extra dip, two number forty-fives, and a large soda.
Whosoever holds this banhammer, if he be worthy, shall possess the power of moderaThor...
he/him | Text Based Games Forums Discord Server | Just Dance 2014 | (つo.o)つ It's Kirby!
back on the road, back down the road, downtown, i don't have courage but i have something else - and it's more than words

Byron_Inc_TBG

我要有两个九号、一个大型九号、一个特别点过的六号,两个四十九号和一个大型苏打。

渭城朝雨浥轻尘, 客舍青青柳色新。劝君更尽一杯酒,西出阳关无故人。
eh

SausageMcSauce

nullpost: (posters are only supposed to translate one word, not an entire sentence)
I have not posted here in around a year and a bit.

PkmnQ

This was a thing I tried to do, but insert mess of a sentence here. Also, I'm a vowelless neither transparent nor translucent mammal of the genus Neogale, I guess. :/ B)
The future experience must be anticipated beforehand to ensure proper expectations.
Quine list

Threads that I think should be played more (found in the Infinite Flood): link chain

Byron_Inc_TBG

eh

PkmnQ

Quine list

Byron_Inc_TBG

Mushroom.

Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious

And 耄耋之年 means 80 years old
eh

Zan

সুপারক্যালিফ্র্যাজিলিস্টিকএক্সপিঅ্যালোডৌসাশ (it's the same thing written in bengali because that word has no equivalent probably in any language other than English)

উন্নতি
THE KUMQUATS WERE HERE