News:

The moderation team is holding a poll on the topic of the site's connection to Scratch. More details can be found here. Your feedback is appreciated.

Main Menu

Progressor.

Started by Wolfslime123, Jul 21, 2020, 03:00:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wolfslime123

Water... it's all just water.

Wait no... there's something in there. How did it get there? It wasn't there before.

Some kind of creature. It hasn't really got any defining features at all... Not more than a blob of cells.

We'll call it species A.

This is an EvoGame.
The way this one works is as follows.

You have a creature or more, a species actually, and a player can evolve it, making a small change.

You represent this change with a drawing and a description. Perhaps a part of a creature has darkened, because it's developing an organ, explain in the description.

You don't have to be particularly realistic, just don't change too fast or do something silly.

Sometimes, a species may split into two different ones with a big change, perhaps some members of a species grow tusks, becoming lethal predators, while the rest stay as herbivores. Such drastic evolutions are only allowed 3 per page.

The seasons change each page. There are 4 distinct reagions like a temperate region. Such stimulus might invoke new evolutions, or cause extinction...
Yours Truly,
\\/\/

Tymewalk

Is this a CYOA? If so, zoom in on the creature.
Whosoever holds this banhammer, if he be worthy, shall possess the power of moderaThor...
he/him | Text Based Games Forums Discord Server | Just Dance 2014 | (つo.o)つ It's Kirby!
back on the road, back down the road, downtown, i don't have courage but i have something else - and it's more than words

Wolfslime123

Hold on, I accidentally hit send before writing rules.
Yours Truly,
\\/\/

Joyous Theta

Oh, I think I've seen something like this before. You basically add things to the previous image and describe how the creature evolved to look like that.

Wolfslime123

Some members of species A gain a pigment and an organelle on the inside that allows them to convert sunlight to energy. It's not very efficient though, since the kinda drift where ever. Also the outside covering blocks a lot of light...

We'll call this species, species B.
Yours Truly,
\\/\/

realicraft

Species B is getting bigger.
...would this count as a new species, or would it still be species B?
Also, I replaced the white background with a transparent background. Is that okay?
it sure is 43.250.142.151       tbgforums.com time, i think, maybe,
ewow status: 2a has released yet; voting ends on April 18th, at 10 PM UTC
videos | FS3 | FS3 Wiki | Ratings | Calendar | Universe Manager 2 | Sandbox
65536 progress: ~13.08% @ 97d (0y 3m 5d) [03/18/2024] {8572/65536}

:P:|:o

Wolfslime123

(Transparency is fine, it's just the app I was using for pixel art has no transparency. I think that it's still species B.)
Yours Truly,
\\/\/

Joyous Theta

As Species B continues to get bigger, their outside covering starts to get thinner, allowing a bit more light in.

DownsGameClub

This topic has closed at the request of the owner.